Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (795596 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:29am On Apr 01, 2018
Happy Easter to all. May the power of the resurrection life meant for our soul salvation, also trickle down affecting our visa process! I speak life to all that is dead in our lives and all that is alive but lingers on life support, I pray that God will resuscitate and perfect unto all good works. May the season be for soul searching on the meaning of the death and resurrection of Jesus; for forgiveness like he did and mending the fences in our relationship that is broken. In this forum and our real lives I pray!

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 12:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
Please house, is there anybody going to a school in Quebec province/is currently there? I just got to know that I'd have to apply for Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) before I could proceed with study permit application since my school (Concordia University) is in Quebec.
Anyone with details about this and any advice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 12:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
Thanks boss. I really appreciate you. I suggest less competitive school such as uRegina ,Dalhoise and MSVU..
jnyuwa02:

Yes your gpa is good enough at most school for admission. Some schools only average out your gpa for the last two years and anything above a 70 percent is good. Look at the Unversity of Saskatchewan and University of Regina. If you are looking for scholarship though, in most schools, to be competitive in the pool, you have to have a grade point average above of 3.7/4.0. Best wishes!

Ps: you might want to use the Wes Canada GPA calculator for a more accurate comparison of your grades with the Canadian system.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by opylas(m): 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Ps: you might want to use the Wes Canada GPA calculator for a more accurate comparison of your grades with the Canadian system.
Good afternoon, jnyuwa.
I have been following the thread, your comments and those of the other big contributors, but it's my first quoting. Thank you for your immense contributions to the thread, believe it or not, you're literally saving lives on here. Thank you.

A really quick question, though... Is WES Canada different from the general WES. I recently did a general (unofficial) WES evaluation, will I have to do another Canada-specific evaluation? I understand there are Canada and USA "WESes." Does the distinction only come with official evaluations?

PS. "General" in the sense that, I wasn't required to specify to which scale I wanted my conversion/evaluation, US or Canada. That's how I remember it, at least. But was my evaluation WES USA by default?

Happy Easter to everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mbz101(m): 12:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It is certainly easier to get visa to the United States than Canada. And there is no endless waiting like Canada. The only advantage for CAnada is PR is easier, while USA PR is only if you get married there or lucky to get one of those highly coveted H1B visa after graduation.

I won’t recommend Canada for you with a third class. There are many cheap schools in the USA too. Life there is enjoyable and lots of opportunities for progress if you work hard. Go to USA!!

Ps: what have you been doing since graduating third class? Once you have admission, USA doesn’t bother people as long as you have money to pay and ties back home in Nigeria. Only Canada bothers people on what they have been doing and age stuff in determining who is a genuine student.

Thanks for your advice, Am very grateful to you for opening my mind , PR is Permeate Residence right ? Pls i don't mind if you can point to me where i can see universities with tuition fee 5000usd or below, I guess i can pay half payment here while i have access to the opportunity of paying balance when i arrive the school?

Pls is there any means will can talk better as i intend to start the process asap.
Thanks for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2018
jnyuwa02:

This is great!! Who taught you how to do this? Only be careful now of lump sum. Explain every lump sum in your account in your SOP or sponsor reference letter! Your refusal note talked about you not having funds for your dependents going to Canada. That is where I got the idea that maybe you going with your family. It looks like they had no problem with your home ties. Congrats in advance!! Paying one year fees after been refused based on insufficient funds, is a great stride to take. Open a dorm account and transfer 10k for first year living expenses. Order gcms before filing anything.

Thanks @jnyuwa02

Please is it a must to open domiciliary account as I have the money in my personal naira account

Expecting your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 2:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
Sir jnyuwa02. You too much sir... I'm not even bothered about scholarship. Mine is just to get into the University with my GpA..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:48pm On Apr 01, 2018
Biakwa:

Thanks @jnyuwa02

Please is it a must to open domiciliary account as I have the money in my personal naira account

Expecting your response

Doesn’t have to be. But since finances are what you are trying to tackle, I will suggest at least 10k in immediate exportable form. Including paying one year tuition.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
Justwise
This is a new month and a new birth and resurrection of our Lord jesus Christ
Please help me in particular unban frankrobben1...he said he was trying to reach u but he can not....tamper mercy......

Biko ......Eejor. .....mbok.....

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justwise(m): 3:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
bbclue:
Justwise
This is a new month and a new birth and resurrection of our Lord jesus Christ
Please help me in particular unban frankrobben1...he said he was trying to reach u but he can not....tamper mercy......

Biko ......Eejor. .....mbok.....

He reached out to me but strangely he doesn't see anything wrong with what he did because he has given someone the same pack of lies before and it worked. So that means that frankrobben1 will still use this thread in future to encourage people to lie in their visa application.

Let me point this out..I'm not here to lecture anyone about their moral standards but we need to be careful about the type of stuff we post here because many are reading and it makes life difficult for prospective applicants.

As long as you don't post those crooked ways here I'm fine.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sleekysoft(m): 3:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
Bros On behalf of the forum, active and silent reader.. we say please forgive him for that reason ... he will do better and adhere strictly to rules
OYinbo say AN ADult who Vex and FOrgive usually have Plenty Children .. THainK YOU

justwise:

He reached out to me but strangely he doesn't see anything wrong with what he did because he has given someone the same pack of lies before and it worked. So that means that frankrobben1 will still use this thread in future to encourage people to lie in their visa application.

Let me point this out..I'm not here to lecture anyone about their moral standards but we need to be careful about the type of stuff we post here because many are reading and it makes life difficult for prospective applicants.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sleekysoft(m): 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2018
Bros @justwise

Bros On behalf of the forum, active and silent reader.. we say please forgive him for that reason ... he will do better and adhere strictly to rules
OYinbo say AN ADult who Vex and FOrgive usually have Plenty Children .. THainK YOU

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olalekank(m): 3:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
justwise:

Unban him
Unban him
Unban him

He's probably doing more good than harm because he gives more advise than lies.

He's trying to help people, I guess/believe we can delete any post of his where he gives false advice.

Kindly ignore the texts in bold but on behalf of everyone on the thread, kindly unban him.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 3:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
Please help

jydorchem:
Please house, is there anybody going to a school in Quebec province/is currently there? I just got to know that I'd have to apply for Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) before I could proceed with study permit application since my school (Concordia University) is in Quebec.
Anyone with details about this and any advice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2018
Asapant:
Sir jnyuwa02. You too much sir... I'm not even bothered about scholarship. Mine is just to get into the University with my GpA..

Please oh, I am not too much ooh! You can find many schools to accept you with that GPA. You even studied under the k-12 American grading system which they respect better than Nigerian system. Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2018
mbz101:

Thanks for your advice, Am very grateful to you for opening my mind , PR is Permeate Residence right ? Pls i don't mind if you can point to me where i can see universities with tuition fee 5000usd or below, I guess i can pay half payment here while i have access to the opportunity of paying balance when i arrive the school?

Pls is there any means will can talk better as i intend to start the process asap.
Thanks for your time.

“Permanent Residence” it is. Don’t want to spoon feed you with info. There are less than 40 universities in Canada. Take the time to conduct a search for “colleges and universities in Canada.” Search through each school and programs you are interested in. You will be glad you did. Look for the tuition fees, the cheapest are in the range of $6-8k yearly. USASK and UNBC Tuition is slightly cheaper than $6k. But other programs these two schools offer like MBA, international business, computer science etc, are a whopping $30k a year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 4:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
Loool. That's me brO.. I dey respect everybody.. Are u presently in Canny.
jnyuwa02:

Please oh, I am not too much ooh! You can find many schools to accept you with that GPA. You even studied under the k-12 American grading system which they respect better than Nigerian system. Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2018
Asapant:
Loool. That's me brO.. I dey respect everybody.. Are u presently in Canny.

Ok no wahala, bless you! No I am not in Canny. I am on the mountains of Plateau, Nigeria and enjoying Nigeria tremendously after 20 years of sojourning abroad since my my hay days of humble beginnings. But for the corruption and nepotism and tribalism, Nigeria would be the greatest country in the world. You never understand or appreciate what a great country Nigeria till you live abroad and come back here. You would be highly respected for one. Even all the girls suddenly want you, lol. I urge everyone going to study abroad to please do themselves a favor and come back and help develop our great nation Nigeria. I will be in Canny Sept 2018. Hope we all make it IJN.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 4:31pm On Apr 01, 2018
Amen Amen Amen. By God's grace.. We'll all make it..
jnyuwa02:

Ok no wahala, bless you, I am on the Plateau of Nigeria and enjoying Nigeria tremendously after 20 years of sojouurney abroad since my my hay days. But for the corruption and nepotism and barbarism, this is the greatest country. You never understand what a great country Nigeria is till you live abroad and come back here, you would be highly respected. Even all the girls suddenly want you, lol. I urge everyone going to study abroad to come back and help develop our great nation. I will be in Canny Sept 2018. Hope we all make it IJN.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oghoghobrown: 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hello every body, you are are doing a wonderful job, please I will really need your help, I have a hnd in marketing and I’m just looking for any university with cheap tuition so I can apply for diploma or Bsc that is very affording or less than $1,000. I had about memory college. Please can someone advice me and give me a list of affordable program in Canada. And how much do my sponsor need to have in his account so he can sponsor me.

Please if not $1,000 something affordable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olalekank(m): 6:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
Oghoghobrown:
Hello every body, you are are doing a wonderful job, please I will really need your help, I have a hnd in marketing and I’m just looking for any university with cheap tuition so I can apply for diploma or Bsc that is very affording or less than $1,000. I had about memory college. Please can someone advice me and give me a list of affordable program in Canada. And how much do my sponsor need to have in his account so he can sponsor me.

Please if not $1,000 something affordable.

To be straight and candid. You can't find any for that price.

Even private universities in Nigeria collect more than that.

One of the cheapest I've seen is Poland with $2,000 per semester.

Budget higher for any program in Canada. Probably X10 of what you have right now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by treshmannie: 7:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hi, am a silent reader of this thread and would like you to help review my SOP for masters application. Thank you
jnyuwa02:
Happy Easter to all. May the power of the resurrection life meant for our soul salvation, also trickle down affecting our visa process! I speak life to all that is dead in our lives and all that is alive but lingers on life support, I pray that God will resuscitate and perfect unto all good works. May the season be for soul searching on the meaning of the death and resurrection of Jesus; for forgiveness like he did and mending the fences in our relationship that is broken. In this forum and our real lives I pray!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tommee: 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Amen

Kind reminder on the mail i sent u sir, am still expecting response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2018
opylas:

Good afternoon, jnyuwa.
I have been following the thread, your comments and those of the other big contributors, but it's my first quoting. Thank you for your immense contributions to the thread, believe it or not, you're literally saving lives on here. Thank you.

A really quick question, though... Is WES Canada different from the general WES. I recently did a general (unofficial) WES evaluation, will I have to do another Canada-specific evaluation? I understand there are Canada and USA "WESes." Does the distinction only come with official evaluations?

PS. "General" in the sense that, I wasn't required to specify to which scale I wanted my conversion/evaluation, US or Canada. That's how I remember it, at least. But was my evaluation WES USA by default?

Happy Easter to everyone.

It looks like you did your credential evaluation with the WES USA website. There is WES USA and WES Canada and the two are different. If you want to convert your Nigerian grades to the Canadian grading system, WES Canada is where you need to go. Wes.org/ca. Don’t do it from the scratch, just have the one you have done already on the USA WES site transferred to the Canadian site and converted to Canada system. Follow the following procedure:
1) open an account in WES, Canada
2) pay the required amount and get the Reference number
3) Login to MyAccount of WES, USA site and request a duplicate report to sent to WES, Canada address with the new Reference number of WES, Canada
4) Get the new evaluation report from WES, Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Doesn’t have to be. But since finances are what you are trying to tackle, I will suggest at least 10k in immediate exportable form. Including paying one year tuition.

OK jnyuwa02,

Well noted, and working toward getting everything ready for re-submission.. But there is something that came to mind, does the balance in my husband statement matter? As after settling all my bills his balance in statement will be below 100k although the treasury bills of 10m is there and his work is still intact as he can not be keeping money in the account without investing it.

Please help throw more light.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
Biakwa:

OK jnyuwa02,

Well noted, and working toward getting everything ready for re-submission.. But there is something that came to mind, does the balance in my husband statement matter? As after settling all my bills his balance in statement will be below 100k although the treasury bills of 10m is there and his work is still intact as he can not be keeping money in the account without investing it.

Please help throw more light.

Thank you.

As far as he has liquidated the amount and put into your account and used some to pay your one year tuition and you transfered 10k into a personal domiciliary account, you should be fine. Let your husband explain all these in his reference letter. You are gonna beat this. Don’t forget still empathizing your ties to Nigeria even though you never had problems with ties previously. I said so because CIC is known after denying a person on financial grounds, after that person tackles that ground on reapplication, they are known to manuafacture another new grounds for denial. So cover all grounds and leave no holes open on reapplication.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by opendurs: 12:13am On Apr 02, 2018
@Justwise,

Kindly unblock @frankrobben1. He is a great guy. If you check his activities on this particular thread, you will find out that he has really helped a lot of people. You will also notice that most questions on this thread recently are answered by frankrobben1 and jnyuwa02. In the last two pages of this thread it has been jnyuwa02 only (@jnyuwa02 you are a great guy). Kindly unblock him. I guess you'll have to post the rules again so that everyone will know their limits. Kindly give him a second chance (We all deserve a second chance). He already has his study permit and he is still willing to help others. He deserves a second chance
Thanks

@frankrobben1 (if boss Justwise agrees to unblock you and you see this), you are a great guy. I really enjoy reading your comments because you're always thinking of the solution and not the problem. However, this is a public forum with rules which must be respected. Your comments should be within the stated rules. If you decide to take the question personal, kindly discuss outside the forum. Like I said, you are a great guy but this is a public forum and anyone can be reading.

@all other person(s) who were once members of this thread before entering the promise land, please remember this thread. People helped you at a time, come and help this new comers. I know you now prefer living in Canada thread but this newcomers need help and this two guyz mentioned above cannot do this job alone. Lets be our brothers keeper.

Happy Easter to you all

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 5:03am On Apr 02, 2018
[quote author=opendurs post=66354215]@Justwise,

Kindly unblock @frankrobben1. He is a great guy. If you check his activities on this particular thread, you will find out that he has really helped a lot of people. You will also notice that most questions on this thread recently are answered by frankrobben1 and jnyuwa02. In the last two pages of this thread it has been jnyuwa02 only (@jnyuwa02 you are a great guy). Kindly unblock him. I guess you'll have to post the rules again so that everyone will know their limits. Kindly give him a second chance (We all deserve a second chance). He already has his study permit and he is still willing to help others. He deserves a second chance
Thanks

@frankrobben1 (if boss Justwise agrees to unblock you and you see this), you are a great guy. I really enjoy reading your comments because you're always thinking of the solution and not the problem. However, this is a public forum with rules which must be respected. Your comments should be within the stated rules. If you decide to take the question personal, kindly discuss outside the forum. Like I said, you are a great guy but this is a public forum and anyone can be reading.

@all other person(s) who were once members of this thread before entering the promise land, please remember this thread. People helped you at a time, come and help this new comers. I know you now prefer living in Canada thread but this newcomers need help and this two guyz mentioned above cannot do this job alone. Lets be our brothers keeper.

Happy Easter to you all

God bless you opendurs. Yes, Frank always looks out for a solution. He is very selfless, his presence is important here.... Letslook at the brighter side at least he has gotten the message...he now understands why he was banned.Frank u will just have to follow the rules....i understand u are a very good person willing to always give solutions, as Justwise said others are reading this. At such, a pm wld be the best option for such. God bless you both i mean Justwise and Frank! Please unban him. We all miss his contribution here!
One love***

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 7:49am On Apr 02, 2018
Mr Justwise.

Na season of forgiveness we dey..Abeg kindly unblock Robbern. He could perhaps be the one that will provide a solution to anyone's issues concerning canny project..

Ejo sir Eforiji. Merci beucoup..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 02, 2018
Welcome back Frankrobbn1 you are greatly missed.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olalekank(m): 9:13am On Apr 02, 2018
OriEyeLe:
Welcome back Frankrobbn1 you are greatly missed.
Has he been unbanned?

That's great to know

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:59am On Apr 02, 2018
It's nice to be here again.

I want to use this medium to express my profound gratitude to all my fans, friends, well wishers, brothers and sisters on this reputable thread who in one way or the other has shown concern on my behalf during my absence and to those who never did, I say thank you too. God bless us all.

I pray and believe that my return to this great forum will be to offer my new concepts, a fresh mindset and a brand-new perspective.
And as we celebrate the feast of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, I pray that God in his infinite mercy will grant each and every one of us our heart desires, and to the TRV hopefuls may this feast favour us all. Amen!

To the Grand boss Justwise, I greet you. I'm privilege to be here again because you've given me the chance. My warm greetings goes to you. Thank you!

Thank you all!

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.