Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,561 members, 7,843,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (799598 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:25pm On Apr 06, 2018
Nwachinaemelu1:

Yes but in Sweden not Canada

Sweden is great, the Scandinavians country are way ahead in standard of living and education, even better than Canada. International index of happiest people in the world has them always ahead of the pack.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by holythug(m): 1:01pm On Apr 06, 2018
I just got denied....reason being purpose of visit, kindly advice on next line of action gurus

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:07pm On Apr 06, 2018
holythug:
I just got denied....reason being purpose of visit

So sorry, a good SOP should take care of this problem upon reapplication.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 1:19pm On Apr 06, 2018
holythug:

Sorry Bro, did you meet ALL the other conditions not ticked?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 1:20pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hello guys,
Please is this the right address to submit SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 1:21pm On Apr 06, 2018
holythug:
j

Sorry boss. When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by holythug(m): 1:23pm On Apr 06, 2018
February
DrND:
j

Sorry boss. When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by holythug(m): 1:24pm On Apr 06, 2018
yes....only this was ticked
Prudento:

Sorry Bro, did you meet ALL the other conditions not ticked?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by holythug(m): 1:25pm On Apr 06, 2018
so I should reply ASAP, but P is that school resumes May
jnyuwa02:

So sorry, a good SOP should take care of this problem upon reapplication.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 1:36pm On Apr 06, 2018
holythug:
yes....only this was ticked

Defer the admission till September.

Do you have travel history, traveled out before?
Do you have major employment?
Do you have assets?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bostem: 1:41pm On Apr 06, 2018
Thank you
jnyuwa02:

I know someone who was denied and reason given was that they couldn’t find his workplace indicated on the internet or any provider. So it is necessary if you are giving out any info on your sponsor, to provide along with bank statements, CAC registration including recent tax clearances. Indeed they verify CAC. A simple run on the internet can verify you the status of any CAC registration. Dont play with these people.

The less the number of sponsors the better. Three sponsors might make the status of your finances a little erratic. Try and stay within two sponsors. Best wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hi guys

What's the difference between the IMM5645E and IMM5707E Family information forms??

Also I couldn't find the link to the IMM5645E. Anyone who can help would be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2018
holythug:
so I should reply ASAP, but P is that school resumes May

You can defer your admission until the fall. This would allow you time to strategize and and reapply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by teepha: 2:22pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hello guys, please I'm in a state of dilemma right now I need advice... So I intend to further my studies in canada and I contacted someone who helps with admission to canada... He told me that only first class and second class upper are allowed to study masters in canada however with a 2:2( I finished with 3.22 cgpa)I can study a post graduate diploma there. I studied religions/philosophy while in school but I want to change my career path to human resource management. I already have a certification in human resource. So I sent him my cv to see and he replied that I can't study hrm there because I have no work experience in it. That I can only study business administration. Because my work experience is related to bus.admin
I have no interest whatsoever in bus.admin. Now my question is does it worth it to go to canada to study post graduate diploma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2018
Luckyway:
Good day everyone.

Does having professors as my references increase my chances of getting admitted into graduate school?

I'm asking because I have a good rapport with my undergraduate junior lecturers but not familiar with my undergraduate professors. Moreover, most professors might not accept to send mails or log in to answer questions(as required by some schools).

I need guidance, please.

The people required to write LOR for you are the lecturers that taught you, your course advisor or thesis supervisor. These are the people that can write recommendation letter for you and link it to the performance of their courses you took.

Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by holythug(m): 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2018
My friend who currently schools there said I should appeal but i dont think thats feasible at the moment
jnyuwa02:

You can defer your admission until the fall. This would allow you time to strategize and and reapply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kinfinity007: 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2018
Is an Affidavit of Sponsorship issued by the court or is it a statement to be written by my sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 4:21pm On Apr 06, 2018
holythug:
My friend who currently schools there said I should appeal but i dont think thats feasible at the moment

@holythug, sorry about your denial. Before you reapply, you’ll need to solve the issue of purpose of visit. Kindly defer to fall and forget about appealing the outcome of your application.

What did you study in school?
What do you do currently?
When did you graduate?
What program are you going to study?
Did you pay part of your tuition fee?
If you can answer these questions, your problem is half solved.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by holythug(m): 4:35pm On Apr 06, 2018
Thanks for your advise, I am trying to contact the school regarding deferring my admission, but i doubt they do
Newman1010:

@holythug, sorry about your denial. Before you reapply, you’ll need to solve the issue of purpose of visit. Kindly defer to fall and forget about appealing the outcome of your application.

What did you study in school? I have a BEd. but I have been working in an IT fir for over 3 years as an IT Support Admin
What do you do currently? IT Support Admin, my boss handles the programming side of the business and wants someone to take care of the administrative part
When did you graduate? 2012
What program are you going to study? The initial program is Academic Upgrading which will serve as a prerequisite to my main course DMIT (Digital and Media IT - Systems Administrator
Did you pay part of your tuition fee? Yes, was planning on paying the rest this week when i saw the mail
If you can answer these questions, your problem is half solved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2018
holythug:

Truly not feasible. Reapplication is your best bet. You can reintroduce evidence and new arguments to show that you are a genuine student and going there strictly to study and depart back to Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 4:40pm On Apr 06, 2018
Bellapette1:

It's not too late. You have enough time between may and September. Fortunately, the processing time now is encouraging. Don't be worried ☺

How many months is it for processing now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2018
teepha:
Hello guys, please I'm in a state of dilemma right now I need advice... So I intend to further my studies in canada and I contacted someone who helps with admission to canada... He told me that only first class and second class upper are allowed to study masters in canada however with a 2:2( I finished with 3.22 cgpa)I can study a post graduate diploma there. I studied religions/philosophy while in school but I want to change my career path to human resource management. I already have a certification in human resource. So I sent him my cv to see and he replied that I can't study hrm there because I have no work experience in it. That I can only study business administration. Because my work experience is related to bus.admin
I have no interest whatsoever in bus.admin. Now my question is does it worth it to go to canada to study post graduate diploma?

Look to the USA! I see problems going to Canada. With a second class lower, getting admission is like doing through the eyes of a needle. Then after you get admissions, have to battle visa with VOs about career change, which is a beast of its own to overcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2018
Kinfinity007:
Is an Affidavit of Sponsorship issued by the court or is it a statement to be written by my sponsor?

Statement to be written by your sponsor and signed and sworn before a court commissioner of oath.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2018
Holythug..you may need to explain to the V.O why your employer is sponsoring you..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 5:11pm On Apr 06, 2018
holythug:
Thanks for your advise, I am trying to contact the school regarding deferring my admission, but i doubt they do

Most schools in Canada defer admission.

Is your intended program a PGD or MSC?

The problem I see is the intended program of study. How is Academic Upgrading related to IT support admin? Why would you spend so much to study Academic Upgrading? How will this course help your career in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 5:12pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hello Guys,

Please is this SOP address correct?

The Visa Officer,
High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island, Lagos,
Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by holythug(m): 5:20pm On Apr 06, 2018
No...Digital and Media IT is the course, Academic Upgrading is just a an entrance course
Newman1010:

Most schools in Canada defer admission.

Is your intended program a PGD or MSC?

The problem I see is the intended program of study. How is Academic Upgrading related to IT support admin? Why would you spend so much to study Academic Upgrading? How will this course help your career in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by holythug(m): 5:22pm On Apr 06, 2018
Thanks for the concern and advise tho, but the reasons for refusal wasnt this
Asapant:
Holythug..you may need to explain to the V.O why your employer is sponsoring you..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2018
holythug:
No...Digital and Media IT is the course, Academic Upgrading is just a an entrance course

Ok, I get. Is this program a PGD or MSC? Did you include an SOP to explain why you need an entrance course? What is the duration for this entrance course and how much does it cost?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bellapette1: 5:45pm On Apr 06, 2018
@jnyuwa02 and @makano
Thank you. I couldn't reply yesterday because I was blocked for some reason. I have sent many emails already but still no response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bellapette1: 5:47pm On Apr 06, 2018
hustla:

How many months is it for processing now?
Processing time for Nigeria now is 6 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2018
Bellapette1:

Processing time for Nigeria now is 6 weeks

Wow that's one massive improvement
Was 3 months some time ago

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.