Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (795466 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
Na wa o...sorry ehn....what if you were in school during that period...?? What are we supposed to fill

eerdesh:
Hi guys..with the stress i went through today at the submission center, i hope I'll get to avoid that for someone. Coz i ended up crying due to frustration.. Pls and pls, the section where you are to provide info about what you have being doing for the past 10 years. Is no joke. Since we are in 2018, your explanation must srt from 2008 and MUST end in 2018. I repeat MUST end in 2018. 2018 should begin that section. Even if you are still into dat activity or occupation, 2018 must begin that section. If you have more info to input. After validating and saving the form. Click on clear form and input more of your info and print out the page 4 alone which would be submitted along. Also, if you have traveled out befpre, make copies of your visa pages.. My body is still aching badly. But. Alhamdulilah i got to submit.. Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:54pm On Apr 16, 2018
HerMoney:

Wow. Din't know you are also an applicant. Yet with a wealth of information. I wish you speedy success in your endeavors. I pray that your miracle will be released soon. Amen.

Amen oohhh!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
JJJV:

Huh do they confirm these things, will they contact every country house have visited? Hmm at least you have gone pass medicals still remain positive .

Yes absolutely they do! Every country you have visited they do and see what your history of living or travelling there looks like. The US sharing information booklet I have here says if you applied for visa or lived in the United States, Canada will contact DHS, the Department of Homeland Security. Canada has a bilateral agreement with the United States and query the joint information network automatically and it gives them information about an applicant. And if not satisfied, they manually request an individual’s entire immigration file from the country visited or lived or applied for visa. That is why it is important to answer honestly the questions concerning your immigration history and disclose everything matter of factly. The information you provide about your immigration history is verifiable by Canada from countries they signed bilateral agreement with on third country information sharing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 10:09pm On Apr 16, 2018
eerdesh:
Hi guys..with the stress i went through today at the submission center, i hope I'll get to avoid that for someone. Coz i ended up crying due to frustration.. Pls and pls, the section where you are to provide info about what you have being doing for the past 10 years. Is no joke. Since we are in 2018, your explanation must srt from 2008 and MUST end in 2018. I repeat MUST end in 2018. 2018 should begin that section. Even if you are still into dat activity or occupation, 2018 must begin that section. If you have more info to input. After validating and saving the form. Click on clear form and input more of your info and print out the page 4 alone which would be submitted along. Also, if you have traveled out befpre, make copies of your visa pages.. My body is still aching badly. But. Alhamdulilah i got to submit.. Goodluck

Those that applied online and are experiencing delays, did you do this properly?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by eerdesh: 10:11pm On Apr 16, 2018
faroouqq:
Na wa o...sorry ehn....what if you were in school during that period...?? What are we supposed to fill

you will write studying u can add in bracket bsc. Whatever.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 16, 2018
You promise to send me a document @ jnyuwa02 to olugere@gmail.com

jnyuwa02:

Wish I knew!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Soothing: 11:10pm On Apr 16, 2018
Pls someone should bail me out Biko!!

Hello house, Please I need your advice.
My resumption date is 7th May and am yet to get any update on my application. When do you think is the best time to approach the institution for extension.
What if by May, when the admission offer will be expiring, CIC is yet to touch d application, does the expiration of the admission offer affects their decision on approval?? [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:32pm On Apr 16, 2018
ayeopare:
@kingfintan University in Canada takes 2.2 don't let anyone confuse you. My friend is doing her masters in University of Ontario with 2.2 so brace up and submit your application. Just that you may not be able to get a research funded Master, and most likely probably a Meng or Masc instead of MSC.

ayeopare,

Why quote my post? Advice and quote the person you're referring to, not my post. Moreover, you are saying a different thing entirely. Because, the applicant is asking for the possibility of securing visa with a second degree in Canada and not a masters degree and you barged in saying "DON'T LET ANYONE CONFUSE YOU". In this case, who is confused? How does this correlate with what we are saying before?
Please even though this is a faceless forum, Let's also try to be matured and watch the way we talk and answer questions and endeavour to desist from being sentimental when giving out advises.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:03am On Apr 17, 2018
Soothing:

My resumption date is 7th May and am yet to get any update on my application. When do you think is the best time to approach the institution for extension.
What if by May, when the admission offer will be expiring, CIC is yet to touch d application, does the expiration of the admission offer affects their decision on approval??
Soothing,

Hold on! Once it gets into the first week of May, then you can now apply for a deferment/ freshly reapply to the institution and get a new acceptance letter from them and send it down to CIC by email. Also, cic can't deny your visa application because your LOA got expired in the process of processing your study permit application. Once you have fully meet the requirements for issuance of a visa, you will be notified by cic to get an updated LOA.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 12:10am On Apr 17, 2018
ayeopare:
@kingfintan University in Canada takes 2.2 don't let anyone confuse you. My friend is doing her masters in University of Ontario with 2.2 so brace up and submit your application. Just that you may not be able to get a research funded Master, and most likely probably a Meng or Masc instead of MSC.

Thank you so much ayeopare, I will do much research concerning that. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by knoph2007: 2:13am On Apr 17, 2018
kingfintan:

Thank you so much ayeopare, I will do much research concerning that. Thanks
I wish to be clear on this, Does this school requires payment or balance on account before granting visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tylerwill: 5:03am On Apr 17, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Hello sir, Kindly read through the application guidelines on the website of your intended uni. There are some courses in Canada that you don't need to secure a supervisor prior to admission but advised to submit in your application in good fate, and you would be contacted if you meet the requirements. These uni evaluates your transcript, recommendation letter and your statement of intent. Offers are made to students based on (1) their available project funding, (2) student's background and skills, and (3) interest alignment.

Endeavor to contact the Graduate Program Assistant for guidance. They offer the best advise. Also, note that if your intended course of study needs you to identify with a supervisor before acceptance, you need to be strategic in selling yourself.

I will advise you to read through the below link for more information;
HINTS ON SECURING MSc ADMISSIONS IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES
TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD Part I
TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD Part II

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 6:00am On Apr 17, 2018
Please i am going to canada to study, is ticking yes to do you intend to study in canada question the only one i should tick yes to?

Please check below for a screenshot

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 6:10am On Apr 17, 2018
Hi,

I got admission to University of waterloo for MSc for fall 2018. I am presently putting together my documents so that I can apply for my visa first week in May.

@jnyuwa02: please also assist me to review my SOP. My email address is pearce32002@yahoo.com. Thanks for the support in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 7:41am On Apr 17, 2018
Soothing:

What if by May, when the admission offer will be expiring, CIC is yet to touch d application, does the expiration of the admission offer affects their decision on approval??
when did you apply for visa? online or paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:11am On Apr 17, 2018
Jewel80:
Please i am going to canada to study, is ticking yes to do you intend to study in canada question the only one i should tick yes to?

Please check below for a screenshot
Jewel80,

This doesn't imply to you. Print and fill the last 2 pages with pen which is the study permit questionnaire and leave the rest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibertha(f): 8:33am On Apr 17, 2018
My friend there started filling out the forms but was asked for consent from me. How do I get that across
Is there a particular for to fill, if yes which.
It really will make sense to see that document before continuing with this new application
Frankrobbn1:

chibertha,

Do you have anyone legally residing in Canada?
Not just a PR or citizen, a student or a visitor can as well order for this note on your behalf.

Kindly, request for their address and names over there in Canada and complete payment using your credit card from here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 9:26am On Apr 17, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 9:44am On Apr 17, 2018
Hello bro, why did you complete your Biometric in April when you applied on 28th of February?
Martswoll:
Hello Gurus

A little bit of me :

I applied for study permit “ going to Thompson Rivers kamloops” 7,600 CAD , first semester tuition paid. Came back to Nigeria last year October 20th from after my 4 years undergrad program in North Cyprus , got PGD admission into Business administration. Traveled to Turkey for 3days also Georgia for 10 days with tourist visa.

My worry now is , i see people who applied on March and got their medical call or TRV approval this April , covering the Nigerian processing time of 6 weeks as seen at CIC website , hence in my case , I applied online on 28th February, did my biometrics on 1st April at VFS lagos, my school resumes by 7th May, I’ve already filled and sent a defer form however.

So am worried that they’ve been on Mum background check for weeks now , even though I submitted police certificates from Cyprus from first day to last days and here Nigeria too . My status still says

“ we are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information “
My eligibility review hasn’t even started , please how do they process this things , which comes afternoon the other , I was hoping I would be called for medicals already . Does background check take long ? And what actually is done during eligibility review?

Somebody help !!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Soothing: 9:44am On Apr 17, 2018
Ohhhhh
Thanks bro, I appreciate

Soothing,

Hold on! Once it gets into the first week of May, then you can now apply for a deferment/ freshly reapply to the institution and get a new acceptance letter from them and send it down to CIC by email. Also, cic can't deny your visa application because your LOA got expired in the process of processing your study permit application. Once you have fully meet the requirements for issuance of a visa, you will be notified by cic to get an updated LOA.

All the best! [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 10:36am On Apr 17, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Hello bro, why did you complete your Biometric in April when you applied on 28th of February?
sorry bros I applied online 28th February, then Biometrics 1st March NOT April
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 10:46am On Apr 17, 2018
Martswoll:
Hello Gurus

A little bit of me :

I applied for study permit “ going to Thompson Rivers kamloops” 7,600 CAD , first semester tuition paid. Came back to Nigeria last year October 20th from after my 4 years undergrad program in North Cyprus , got PGD admission into Business administration. Traveled to Turkey for 3days also Georgia for 10 days with tourist visa.

My worry now is , i see people who applied on March and got their medical call or TRV approval this April , covering the Nigerian processing time of 6 weeks as seen at CIC website , hence in my case , I applied online on 28th February, did my biometrics on 1st April at VFS lagos, my school resumes by 7th May, I’ve already filled and sent a defer form however.

So am worried that they’ve been on Mum background check for weeks now , even though I submitted police certificates from Cyprus from first day to last days and here Nigeria too . My status still says

“ we are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information “
My eligibility review hasn’t even started , please how do they process this things , which comes afternoon the other , I was hoping I would be called for medicals already . Does background check take long ? And what actually is done during eligibility review?

Somebody help !!!

You did biometrics on April 1st? Practically CIC won't touch your file until they get your biometrics. Without it, it is impossible to process your app.

So your application period start counting the day you did your biometrics which is in this case April 1.

Pray and keep hope alive. Your TRV is on the way
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 10:53am On Apr 17, 2018
Twallace:

You did biometrics on April 1st? Practically CIC won't touch your file until they get your biometrics. Without it, it is impossible to process your app.

So your application period start counting the day you did your biometrics which is in this case April 1.

Pray and keep hope alive. Your TRV is on the way

Thankd Brother , I made a mistake 1st of March it was
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:54am On Apr 17, 2018
Martswoll:
Hello Gurus

A little bit of me :

Somebody help !!!

Once you have been travelling to countries, there is more to be done on your case in checking in with those countries to see your immigration history. So don’t compare first time travaleller’s timeline with yours. To do so is like comparing apples and oranges. Yours might take longer. That said, looking at your profile, no decision on your case is anywhere near to be rendered soon. Looks like everything is still processing. Possibly they are running security checks on you with those countries that is why it is taking a little bit more time for the background check to finish. Once background check finishes and you pass, the next step is eligibility review. In that step, a calculus of whether you will come back to Nigeria, whether you have the financial worthiness to pay your expenses and other important analysis happens. All are to determine if you meet the requirements of the law for admissibility into Canada. If you do, they will call you in for medicals. Sometimes to they will even call you for medicals even when eligibility review is happening, waiting for further high class background checks if applicable. No all cases are the same or follow the same timeline. It’s good that you have deferred your resumption because CIC is not so easily predicatable. I have been waiting for mine too since September last year and have not died. Far from it. There is another guy called Abiodunne who waited one year and he didn’t die too and now in Canada. The Canada visa process is not for the faint in heart. It’s an exercise in patience, sheer will power, tactical maneuvers, grace under pressure and favor from on high. Good luck!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 11:00am On Apr 17, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Once you have been travelling to countries, there is more to be done on your case in checking in with those countries to see your immigration history. So don’t compare first time travaleller’s timeline with yours. To do so is like comparing apples and oranges. Yours might take longer. That said, looking at your profile, no decision on your case is anywhere near to be rendered soon. Looks like everything is still processing. Possibly they are running security checks on you with those countries that is why it is taking a little bit more time for the background check to finish. Once background check finishes and you pass, the next step is eligibility review. In that step, a calculus of whether you will come back to Nigeria, whether you have the financial worthiness to pay your expenses and other important analysis happens. All are to determine if you meet the requirements of the law for admissibility into Canada. If you do, they will call you in for medicals. Sometimes to they will even call you for medicals even when eligibility review is happening, waiting for further high class background checks if applicable. No all cases are the same or follow the same timeline. It’s good that you have deferred your resumption because CIC is not so easily predicatable. I have been waiting for mine too since September last year and have not died. Far from it. There is another guy called Abiodunne who waited one year and he didn’t die too and now in Canada. The Canada visa process is not for the faint in heart. It’s an exercise in patience, sheer will power, grace under pressure and favor from on high. Good luck!!

Thanks brother your reply has given me so much relief , I pray you get your TRV soon too .

God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 17, 2018
This grade is a little low. Please find out if you need to do any standardized testing and ace that. Then work on your statement. That's the only way i forsee to overcome this.

croyance:
Hello House,

Please which University in Canada accept 2:2 (second class lower) for a post graduate LAW program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Once you have been travelling to countries, there is more to be done on your case in checking in with those countries to see your immigration history. So don’t compare first time travaleller’s timeline with yours. To do so is like comparing apples and oranges. Yours might take longer. That said, looking at your profile, no decision on your case is anywhere near to be rendered soon. Looks like everything is still processing. Possibly they are running security checks on you with those countries that is why it is taking a little bit more time for the background check to finish. Once background check finishes and you pass, the next step is eligibility review. In that step, a calculus of whether you will come back to Nigeria, whether you have the financial worthiness to pay your expenses and other important analysis happens. All are to determine if you meet the requirements of the law for admissibility into Canada. If you do, they will call you in for medicals. Sometimes to they will even call you for medicals even when eligibility review is happening, waiting for further high class background checks if applicable. No all cases are the same or follow the same timeline. It’s good that you have deferred your resumption because CIC is not so easily predicatable. I have been waiting for mine too since September last year and have not died. Far from it. There is another guy called Abiodunne who waited one year and he didn’t die too and now in Canada. The Canada visa process is not for the faint in heart. It’s an exercise in patience, sheer will power, tactical maneuvers, grace under pressure and favor from on high. Good luck!!

I applied on the 1st of march and did my biometrics on the 6th of march , still no word From cic but I am relaxed and not panicking. I have worked in Two African countries!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by seglius(m): 12:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

seglius,

You're continually doing the wrong thing.
Change your intended program so it could be relevant to your previous studies/job role. So, your best bet here for your next application to scale through is to go for a Msc/Pgd on the discipline of chemical engineering. Lastly, order for your GCMS note and don't reapply blindly without showing concerns to your previous refused application.
Use this link.... https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

All the best!
thanks so much. the school changed the course for me before I applied for the second time, which was biotechnology, but got denied again.
pls what is GCMS note?
pls, can I talk to you verbally. plsssssssssssssssssss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WANG996(m): 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2018
Please house, i did a wire transfer for my school fees to Conestoga college on 1st of February and due to fall in exchange rate i was 25 dollars short so i did another on 14th of march to meet up the stipulated amount and exceeded it self, wrote to the school and they even requested for form of receipt and I forwarded the telex copy of both transactions to them now they aren’t responding to me emails..Till now, i have not gotten confirmation from them. please anyone with the same problem? please experts, advice me on what to do. am getting frustrated. THANKS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WANG996(m): 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
Please house, i did a wire transfer for my school fees to Conestoga college on 1st of February and due to fall in exchange rate i was 25 dollars short so i did another on 14th of march to meet up the stipulated amount and exceeded it self, wrote to the school and they even requested for form of receipt and I forwarded the telex copy of both transactions to them now they aren’t responding to me emails..Till now, i have not gotten confirmation from them. please anyone with the same problem? please experts, advice me on what to do. am getting frustrated. THANKS....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JJJV: 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
WANG996:
Please house, i did a wire transfer for my school fees to Conestoga college on 1st of February and due to fall in exchange rate i was 25 dollars short so i did another on 14th of march to meet up the stipulated amount and exceeded it self, wrote to the school and they even requested for form of receipt and I forwarded the telex copy of both transactions to them now they aren’t responding to me emails..Till now, i have not gotten confirmation from them. please anyone with the same problem? please experts, advice me on what to do. am getting frustrated. THANKS

Check your student portal If both receipts has been uploaded

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.