Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,040 members, 7,814,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (784745 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
veravanna:
Hi Guys,
I have been a silent reader and I wanted to commend you all on the community-style help being offered here. This is the real Nigeria, people helping each other.
I wanted to share my profile.
I applied on 19th of March, Paper route, upfront medicals.
Diploma in Nait (Chemical Tech) after getting a BSc in Biology in 2011. I have been working as a technologist for the past 7 years in different countries.
I just got invited for medicals today but i already submitted upfront medicals. Please guys, how do I go about it?
I think I have one of the simplest profiles here. 2M bank statement, employment letters, 2 pages SOP, all forms filled, father's bank statement, police certificate, birth certificate of family and former degree certificate and a lot of faith in God! Thats it.
I have been secretly praying for you all, next week will have a lot of good news. mark it!

Congrats in advance
Just ask the hospital to resend your test resukt to them using your application details

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Emmasonic4me: 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ratawu:

Go and re-write your IELTS test and focus on your reading. It happened to me when I scored an overall of 6.0 instead of 6.5 or above. I wrote the test again and I made more than 6.5. Although the cost is scary.
N68,000 no ne small money for each test.
You shouldn't be quoting me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by butch411: 7:25pm On Apr 20, 2018
Hello House..I have been denied twice sometime in 2013 paper route and online..But I got a job and I didn't bother applying again.5years later I intend to go back to school and apply for study permit..please how do I link my old application with my current application so they know I have applied before? Will they create a new UCI number for me ? Or is my old UCI number for the previous online application still valid? Your quick response would appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chkb: 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
Hello house, when is the latest time to apply for study permit, going for Sept(fall) 2018. Plz quick response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2018
Bellapette1:

It has been almost 4 days since the principal applicant's approval. They're planning on buying tickets already. Should they send reminder emails to cic about the dependant's application or still wait a bit? I was expecting both to come at the same time or even if, a day after

After this Monday, if you haven’t heard anything, send CIC an email reminding them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2018
Prudento:

Fees alone is $10100. Wouldn't they say I don't have sufficient funds?

If you don’t have sufficient funds, it would be foolhardy to be going there. How do you expect to pay? If you can find a school you can prove you have money to pay and really have that money, that is where you should be applying to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 9:36pm On Apr 20, 2018
jnyuwa02:

If you don’t have sufficient funds, it would be foolhardy to be going there. How do you expect to pay? If you can find a school you can prove you have money to pay and really have that money, that is where you should be applying to go.

The point is, they offered me $16000 Dollars, while the fees is $10100. The prof stated in the offer letter that "other sources of funding may be available but cannot be confirmed at the moment". Can't this fly?
PS: I don't have support funding from anywhere.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dorisdili: 9:46pm On Apr 20, 2018
No just Bsc degree
HerMoney:

Congratulations! You dint submit your transcripts?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dorisdili: 9:57pm On Apr 20, 2018
I didn't do police character certificate. Its not compulsory. As for the better route, i cant really say. Though i did online route but paper route is cheaper because u will pay the application fee at vfs when u go and submit, so no bank charge. I realised this when i was given receipt for the the online payment at vfs when i went for biometrics. The amount on the receipt they wrote was not same with what gtb charged me. So it means the rest cash went to gtb.
Vizzle4sure:
Hello congrats, Good news all the way.
What about Police Character Certificate, and which of the route is better ( Online or Manual). I plan to apply early May for fall. Any prospective UBC student that's applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
Prudento:

You will have to source for the balance of your living expenses, that should be around $5000.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:23pm On Apr 20, 2018
veravanna:
Hi Guys,
I have been a silent reader and I wanted to commend you all on the community-style help being offered here. This is the real Nigeria, people helping each other.
I wanted to share my profile.
I applied on 19th of March, Paper route, upfront medicals.
Diploma in Nait (Chemical Tech) after getting a BSc in Biology in 2011. I have been working as a technologist for the past 7 years in different countries.
I just got invited for medicals today but i already submitted upfront medicals. Please guys, how do I go about it?
I think I have one of the simplest profiles here. 2M bank statement, employment letters, 2 pages SOP, all forms filled, father's bank statement, police certificate, birth certificate of family and former degree certificate and a lot of faith in God! Thats it.
I have been secretly praying for you all, next week will have a lot of good news. mark it!
Send the medical receipt you got from the clinic to cic and tell them you have done medical already. I know the clinic have sent the result to cic

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:26pm On Apr 20, 2018
chuksdewigs:
Hello everyone.. I'm just about applying for my study permit.. I always hear people talk about dorm account... My question is.. Would they refuse a
normal account statement that isnt dorm account?
NO, any currency will do as long as you have enough to cover your tuition and living expenses.
NB: Make sure you do the conversion of any currency you are using to dollar when analyzing your funds on your sop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
platypelloid:

Hello house , PLEASE THIS IS WHAT I GOT FROM ONE OF THE UNIVERSITIES THAT I APPLIED TO.
PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO NOW .
HOUSE KINDLY ADVISE ME??
SHOULD I GO REWRITE THE ENGLISH TESTS??
MY SCORE WAS S L W R : 8 7 7 5,AND THE SCHOOL SAYS NO COMPONENTS SHOULD BE BELOW 6.

The email below was sent to me by The school?? DOES THIS SYNONYMOUSLY MEAN THAT IF I CAN GET THE ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS,I HAVE AUTOMATICALLY GOTTEN THE ADMISSION?
HOUSE PLS HELP.

Dear O

Thank you for your interest in the PhD program. Your Fall 2018 application has been reviewed and is considered ineligible at this time because you did not meet one or more of our admission requirements.

International students must meet University minimums on English Proficiency to be considered for admission. If your score is below the minimum, we encourage you to retake the test. Once you meet the University minimum we will reconsider your application for admission. Please email us if you have uploaded a new score.

Please check the requirements for admission here.

If at any time you would no longer like to be considered for admission, please email us to withdraw your application.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

The test of English is just of the requirements, so even if you have the required score and you do not meet up with other requirements you won't be giving the offer. I will advise you retake the exam, also try and check other schools to see if their test for English score is lower so you can use your present score to apply there.
NB: Please work more on your statement of purpose as that's a way to sell your idea to your supervisor and the school.
Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
activelyA:
Hello everyone.

please who has heard from university of toronto, SGS

almost 4 months now shocked shocked shocked shocked

and please how many months does the Canadian visa process takes??
Check www.cic.gc.ca to know the processing time for visa/trv

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by seglius(m): 10:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Oh! Sorry for the refusal. You can share your profile so we can know what went wrong on your previous refused application.
GCMS Note - Is a note that gives further clarification on the factual reason to why your application was refused.
ok, really appreciate for your attention.
pls find attach the denial documents for review and solution. thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:39pm On Apr 20, 2018
butch411:
Hello House..I have been denied twice sometime in 2013 paper route and online..But I got a job and I didn't bother applying again.5years later I intend to go back to school and apply for study permit..please how do I link my old application with my current application so they know I have applied before? Will they create a new UCI number for me ? Or is my old UCI number for the previous online application still valid? Your quick response would appreciated.
The old one is what you will use(its for life)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:40pm On Apr 20, 2018
chkb:
Hello house, when is the latest time to apply for study permit, going for Sept(fall) 2018. Plz quick response
NOW!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by seglius(m): 10:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Oh! Sorry for the refusal. You can share your profile so we can know what went wrong on your previous refused application.
GCMS Note - Is a note that gives further clarification on the factual reason to why your application was refused.
thanks for the response. pls find attach the denail document for review and finding lasting solution.
thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chkb: 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2018
mcobex:
NOW!
Cos am thinking of applying 1st WK of may. Almost done building my acct
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bellapette1: 12:14am On Apr 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

After this Monday, if you haven’t heard anything, send CIC an email reminding them.

I'll do just that. Thank you!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKFTK: 1:23am On Apr 21, 2018
Prudento:

The 'fees' you are referring to, is it only tuition fee??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKFTK: 1:25am On Apr 21, 2018
chkb:

Cos am thinking of applying 1st WK of may. Almost done building my acct

As mcobex has said, the best time to apply for fall 2018 is now, but 1st week of may is still withing an acceptable time range and the average processing time is less than 2 months.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:11am On Apr 21, 2018
Prudento:

The point is, they offered me $16000 Dollars, while the fees is $10100. The prof stated in the offer letter that "other sources of funding may be available but cannot be confirmed at the moment". Can't this fly?
PS: I don't have support funding from anywhere.

It won’t fly with CIC. You have to find someone to say they will support you and show evidence of money in their bank available. It’s worth a try finding someone and applying. When you reach Canada the “other sources” unconfirmed by the school might materialize.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chkb: 5:12am On Apr 21, 2018
AKFTK:

As mcobex has said, the best time to apply for fall 2018 is now, but 1st week of may is still withing an acceptable time range and the average processing time is less than 2 months.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 5:39am On Apr 21, 2018
Hello guys!

Can anyone please give me an idea of how long it takes for biometrics to be updated to complete on your profile?

Note that I applied via paper route and I linked my application online.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dorisdili: 5:44am On Apr 21, 2018
Not sure about paper route, but for online route mine took just 1day to reflect on my profile.
Lemia:
Hello guys!

Can anyone please give me an idea of how long it takes for biometrics to be updated to complete on your profile?

Note that I applied via paper route and I linked my application online.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 7:17am On Apr 21, 2018
AKFTK:

The 'fees' you are referring to, is it only tuition fee??

Everything
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 7:17am On Apr 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It won’t fly with CIC. You have to find someone to say they will support you and show evidence of money in their bank available. It’s worth a try finding someone and applying. When you reach Canada the “other sources” unconfirmed by the school might materialize.

Okay, Thanks. It was wise to use another offer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bellapette1: 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
Has anyone who recently got his or her application approved gotten the POE letter of introduction It's neither in my account nor sent by email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2018
I applied for January intake in a Canadian university, I want to know if the January intake students are eligible for Summer break since the summer break starts from may. Please I need clarification
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Samchi2014: 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
Application was refused today after a long wait!!!
Submitted December 13, 2017
Refused April 21, 2018

Please can someone explain to me on how to request for the GCMs note?
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.