Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786217 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 4:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
Ivan12:

Thanks Frank!
I did Upfront medical..
I submitted Feb 26
As of yesterday
Medicals- You do not need......
Background check- In process

When it changed today, i took it for a good sigh

Let's hope for a positive outcome.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olalekank(m): 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
AyoPrudence:
Since one can't obtain transcripts from school due to strike, has anyone here tried submitting a copy of WES evaluated transcript with his/her CIC application before?
Strike has been called off
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Flawlessheyi(m): 4:48pm On Mar 14, 2018
Ivan12:

Thanks Frank!
I did Upfront medical..
I submitted Feb 26
As of yesterday
Medicals- You do not need......
Background check- In process

When it changed today, i took it for a good sigh
..did you link your. Application with online account?
Or you are using same vfc website to check pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by GIFTY11(f): 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hello;
A friend just recieved her refusal letter today. She is devastated and heart broken.This is her second attempt for a student's visa for a masters degree at the university of ottawa. Assets declared and evaluated were more than 50 million naira( house and landed properties) plus parents account of 12 million fixed and personal account of 4 million, yet she was rejected.
Please any advice would be of tremendous help.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Thebushboy1: 5:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
swisster:
i finally applied today o. omo the process no b here sha. waited for more than 5 hrs.

can't wait to get d good news o.

my advice for those of u, that are applying tru paper route,u better go der on tym o. b4 8am if possible.

good luck

Hello Swisster,

I was there too. I left around 3pm yesterday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vibrant99(m): 6:07pm On Mar 14, 2018
What was the time difference between the first application and second application?
2. How long before they Rejected her the second time?

with this assertions can be made!
GIFTY11:
Hello;
A friend just recieved her refusal letter today. She is devastated and heart broken.This is her second attempt for a student's visa for a masters degree at the university of ottawa. Assets declared and evaluated were more than 50 million naira( house and landed properties) plus parents account of 12 million fixed and personal account of 4 million, yet she was rejected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

AKUPSME,
You are not allowed to fill this form with a system. Simply print out the last 2 pages (18-19) of the IMM5832E form which is the study questionnaire and fill them with a pen.

All the best!

Oga frank robben how true is dis. ....pen is not allowed oooo

I filled mine online...last month......is fillable online..may be he should upgrade his pdf
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by GIFTY11(f): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
vibrant99:
What was the time difference between the first application and second application?
2. How long before they Rejected her the second time?

with this assertions can be made!
The ist rejection was in october (it took more than 2 months after her application before she got the rejection)she applied the second time, ist week of febuary.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chigrad: 8:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hi All thanks for your input.
Please what is your advise.
Do I re -apply with the same course in Business Admin (Graduate Diploma not Masters as I have 2:2) or do I change to a course related to my BSc. which is Chemistry?
Thank you.
Frankrobbn1:

Bravo02,

An applicant has been following a 3 years career progression that is reasonable inlight with their intending program and now wishes to study a masters degree in Canada to enhance career prospects in Nigeria. Please what made it an Automatic Refusal Sir?

Asapant,
Please don't laugh at someone's predicament, we are here to give answers, suggestions and proffer solutions to prospective applicants not to make mockery of their situation. Moreover the applicant has been following a career progression in his intending program. So I don't understand why you should say it's a red flag, or were you the one that planted the red flag on his application? Please lets try to make things easy for people here.
If you don't have answers to individual query, jump to the ones you have reasonable input on

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:32pm On Mar 14, 2018
bbclue:

Oga frank robben how true is dis. ....pen is not allowed oooo

I filled mine online...last month...... is fillable online ..may be he should upgrade his pdf

Lol grin, Madam Bbclue! Study permit questionnaire is meant to be filled with pen. Even at the VFS office you will be instructed to fill them by hand and not electronically(online). It might be fillable online, but pen is the ideal method here.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 8:55pm On Mar 14, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Lol grin, Madam Bbclue! Study permit questionnaire is meant to be filled with pen. Even at the VFS office you will be instructed to fill them by hand and not electronically(online). It might be fillable online, but pen is the ideal method here.

When I submitted mine.....I filled mine online...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2018
GIFTY11:
Hello;

Order Gcms notes to get into the VO's head to know how to offer effective rebuttal in next application. We don't know what went wrong in the application and what the VO was thinking despite all submitted evidence which appears to be quite okay for ties. What kind of evidence did your friend submit to show her property of 50 million? Did she submit the C of O in her name or explain its an inheritance, plus any will or Deed of TRansfer to her name? Did she submit the valuation document by quantity Surveyor including any plan in the works? CIC is now been very nit-picky about these things. Console your friend and ask her to come here and do the asking for herself .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Kindly join the Express Entry thread if you are eligible (and your projected CRS score is high). My Canadian PR application has been approved. I will land as a domestic student. Express Entry is the REAL DEAL. smiley

I wish everyone the best.

28 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 14, 2018
sthillz:
Hello all...

Hope you are having a great day

My cousin needs some help

He was denied study visa for the second time

He has a Bsc in biochemistry and got admission for HRM at Algonquin college

He has ordered for gcms notes too

Please do you think he should change his course or school?He has second class Lower so msc will be hard.. Thank you in advance

Guys please any help with the above? @jynuwa @frankrobnn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
please can someone send the latest version 5257 form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:54pm On Mar 14, 2018
sthillz:

Yes do the hardwork and change both schools and course. Reapply for a masters in the biochemical field or last employment. It would pay off. Many denied at first take the advice and do the needful hardwork and get into a masters and are glad for it. Most colleges offer diploma courses and have no masters programs. Look into universities.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hi guys, I trust everyone is doing great..i have some questions for the house...

1. My sponsor(3rd party sponsor) forgot to state in his letter the number of dependants. Also he forgot to state that he has transferred my tuition fees and living expenses for one year into my dom account. Can I state this in my Sop.

2. Is it compulsory to submit transcript? If yes can I print a transcript I have with me and submit,or It has to be directly from my university?

3. My sponsor cannot find his birth certificate can he use affidavit?

4. The letter of acceptance and admission letter I got from the school is black and white..they said the original one will get to me in 6weeks time . Can I use the printed Black and white LOA for application

Finally, i want to know if the sop I submitted to the school can also be submitted for visa Application.. And what an sop to the VO should address...

Thanks for all your helpful and kind answers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drdamy(m): 11:05pm On Mar 14, 2018
I submitted my application yesterday with upront medical....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omisyk(m): 11:08pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hello guys, i really commend all your efforts in ensuring that Newbies like me get it right. I God will continue to bless you and your family.
A quick one guys.
I have just gotten my letter of acceptance from a university in Canada and i have been reading all the requirements and documents to submit from various threads. Now my challenge is my NECO RESULT Carries my abbreviated name (yinka) and no second name, while my Bsc certificate carried my abbreviated name (yinka) and my second name (henry) but the name on letter of acceptance, passport, NYSC and birth certificate Carries my full name OLAYINKA HENRY ADEWALE. Hope disparity in names will not affect my chance. I have done court affidavit to regularise the names in 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 11:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
He has 2nd class lower. How possible to get admitted to university ??
jnyuwa02:

Yes do the hardwork and change both schools and course. Reapply for a masters in the biochemical field or last employment. It would pay off. Many denied at first take the advice and do the needful hardwork and get into a masters and are glad for it. Most colleges offer diploma courses and have no masters programs. Look into universities.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
drdamy:
I submitted my application yesterday with upront medical....but my bank statement ended in December 2017.....am not sure this is okay
drdamy,
A bank statement is valid for 3-4weeks towards the time of visa application. So, printing a bank statement that ended in December ( 3 months ago) and submitting your application in March makes no sense Sir!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by xzile: 11:30pm On Mar 14, 2018
Please house how much will one budget for medical test.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by xzile: 11:30pm On Mar 14, 2018
I want to know the cost of medical test
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 11:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
I don't understand these WES of a thing.. Can they upgrade gpa of 2.6/4.0 to Canada GPA standard.. My school A starts from 90. A minus is 85-89..

Explain to me guys. Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drdamy(m): 11:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
xzile:
I want to know the cost of medical test

children practice ikoyi 28050
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:39pm On Mar 14, 2018
bbclue:

When I submitted mine.....I filled mine online...

bbclue,

Ma, the attachment you sent to me is referring to the study permit form IMM1294E and not the study questionnaire IMM5832E. You may fill yours with system, but I vividly know that study permit questionnaire are filled with pen(hand).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reginabenson: 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
Guyyyyssss. TRV got approved today. I'll share my profile soon.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:15am On Mar 15, 2018
chigrad:
Hi All thanks for your input.
Please what is your advise.
Do I re -apply with the same course in Business Admin (Graduate Diploma not Masters as I have 2:2) or do I change to a course related to my BSc. which is Chemistry?
Thank you.
chigrad,
Option 1: BSc (Chemistry)____work experience (Business)_____ Intended program PGD (Chemistry)

If you decide to take this route you need to provide a rational explanation to why you haven't been following a career progression ever since you left university. You studied chemistry in your first degree and have been into business for 3 years and now decide to go back to your previous studies in chemistry after spending 3 years in Business. Your reasons must be strong and convincing enough Sir!

Option 2: BSc (Chemistry)____work expertise (Business)____ intended program PGD(Business Admin)

I advise you stick to this since you already have relevant experience in Business and also you have been following a 3 years career progression in Business, it's best you continue with this. You can find a convincing story to put up to why you deviated from your academic pursuit(chemistry) to business. What motivated you into business?, what you will tend to achieve after completion of this program, a brief description of your experience while in Business for the past 3 years.

Finally, the both options listed will scale through only with a good letter of explanation.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ivan12: 12:16am On Mar 15, 2018
reginabenson:
CONGRATULTIONS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:17am On Mar 15, 2018
reginabenson:

Congrats reginabenson!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:24am On Mar 15, 2018
omisyk:
Hello guys, i really commend all your efforts in ensuring that Newbies like me get it right. I God will continue to bless you and your family.
A quick one guys.
I have just gotten my letter of acceptance from a university in Canada and i have been reading all the requirements and documents to submit from various threads. Now my challenge is my NECO RESULT Carries my abbreviated name (yinka) and no second name, while my Bsc certificate carried my abbreviated name (yinka) and my second name (henry) but the name on letter of acceptance, passport, NYSC and birth certificate Carries my full name OLAYINKA HENRY ADEWALE. Hope disparity in names will not affect my chance. I have done court affidavit to regularise the names in 2017
omisyk,
To make all things equal, get the bolded words done and submit it along with your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:34am On Mar 15, 2018
sthillz:

sthillz,
Let your cousin change his course to a program that is reasonable inlight with his previous studies in biochemistry. Since he graduated with 2.2 get him admission into university that offers PGD in biochemistry.

All the best!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.