Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu (29011 Views)

FFK: It Is Over For Tinubu. He Has Been Retired From Politics / Buhari To Intervene As APC, Oyegun’s Bickering Worsens / Why They Want Me Out As Chairman Of APC – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Lipscomb(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2018
The sun stupid newspaper tinubu can't be in contend with oyegun because asiwaju singlehanded the election that made him chairman of the party.

13 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Adebowale89(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2018
the content infuriate me, I was expecting to read tinubu turn to a joker in the hand of oyegun

all the nemesis happening to him now, he caused it, someone that ought to give buhari a run for his money comes 2019, just because of his over ambitious, he accepted an assignment that belittle a whole national leader of an incumbent party

I used to think he's smarter than this, but I'm quite disappointed, he took his over ambitious above his political reasoning. accepting that job was a slap on APC southwest in general after they sidelined you and you still accept that ridiculous job

seriously there is nothing jagaban about tinubu anymore, he should face Lagos and if buhari happen to win next election, he might be reduce to nothing in lagos politics, if he don't switch party with the winner of Lagos state governor comes 2019. if buhari is reelected, oyegun would gained more ground and might test Lagos as he did in kogi and ondo respectively

6 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by teacherbim(f): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2018
Thank you Lord

1 Like

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by 36STATES: 8:59am On Mar 10, 2018
benzion72:

Tinubu singlehandedly brought in Oyegun to APC, when he was accused of fielding only Moslem then, The interim party Chairman was Chief Bisi Akande, the Spokesman then was Liar Mohammed all Muslim. He went and brought John Oyegun a christian to chairman the party to douse religious bigot tension. But Oyegun has aligned with Buhari and not his benefactor. Tinubu also prop Bhuari as the President of the party when he did not have money to obtain the form. He brought the primary to Lagos and fought Atiku and Kwankwanso dollar for dollar to get PMB the ticket.

But all is history today. I trust Jagaban he is a cat with nine lifes, he will spring a surprise. If he can fight OBJ PDP for eight years without allocation, survive OBJ onslaught that sweep all AD governor away then. singlehandedly form a coalation that dethrone PDP sixteen years rule. PMB is not a match for him.

PMB should be ready to go back to Daura as soon as possible.

Continue deceiving yourself.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:00am On Mar 10, 2018
I see what they did by handing Tinubu that job.....it has now turned out to be a well orchestrated move to elongate the stay of the current executive .... you can't be reconciling and at the same time be going for Congress .... after reconciliation then we sit down to talk Congress .ny which time the general elections are already won and lost and the party becomes useless to either a retuning or ousted president, until another round of elections

dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/battle-for-the-soul-of-apc-oyegun-digs-fresh-joker-for-tinubu/

1 Like

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by LordKO(m): 9:00am On Mar 10, 2018
Asiwaju ought to understand that Oyegun is a master tactician in politics and has always enjoyed the confidence of the elite and aristocratic associates in any group he finds himself, even though he usually lacks the mass followership of the masses - but then who the latter group help in the long run.

If I were to be Asiwaju, I'd make some indirect compromise at this juncture without undignifying myself and team up with Oyegun to achieve a strong united front. And this will result to a win-win situation for both parties.

In a situation like this, those who refuses to give honorably always lose dishonorably. All the same, I know that he'll have his way in this particular game because the main cabals at the presidency are solidly behind him. I'm sorry for Oyegun.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 10, 2018
One reality that Tunibu is yet to come to terms with is that Buhari does not need him to win next election. If Buhari needed him Oyegun's position will not be strong as it is today and he would have been history. Buhari knew early in the day during his presidency and that perception shaped his relationship with the great Tinubu. In reality Tinubu is the one that needs Buhari though I will not elaborate on this because it is sensitive. He needs to accept this and maintain a golden silence. Oyegun understands the game and he is favoured by the men that hold power in APC.

6 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Adroit17(m): 9:10am On Mar 10, 2018
Tinubu political strategies is hitting back at him........
We won't fall for ur illicit plan this time around..
#BacktoDaura

1 Like

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by deso80: 9:11am On Mar 10, 2018
Yes, once bitten, twice shy. Jagaban or whatever he is called should apply caution seriously this time to avoid the story that touches the heart.

1 Like

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by pally123: 9:13am On Mar 10, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:
Tinubu is a big fuuul. Has he asked himself the following questions?

1. Why does he want to remove Oyegun?

Answer: Oyegun is not loyal to him.

OK. But is Oyegun not loyal to Buhari? Does he expect Buhari to remove a man loyal to him and bring the one loyal to Tinubu?

2. What does he think he is doing by pushing for Oyegun's removal?

Answer: He is indirectly fighting Buhari while pretending to love and support him. If he removes Oyegun, it means he wants to hijack the party from Buhari and it further goes to mean that he intends to fight Buhari using the party.

3. Does Buhari know all these?

Answer: He knows. That's why he created the reconciliation office for Tinubu, so that he too can be busy and feel important and leave Oyegun alone. Right now Buhari is watching the mad man dance naked and slowly waiting g to crush him.

Tinubu is intelligent by half.

I said this some days ago but Tinubu and his south waist dolts will not learn. APC will only ratify the extension at the next meeting, further humiliating him.

You've said it all.

3 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by shegra58: 9:15am On Mar 10, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:

OK. But is Oyegun not loyal to Buhari? Does he expect Buhari to remove a man loyal to him and bring the one loyal to Tinubu?

Answer: He is indirectly fighting Buhari while pretending to love and support him. If he removes Oyegun, it means he wants to hijack the party from Buhari and it further goes to mean that he intends to fight Buhari using the party.

Answer: He knows. That's why he created the reconciliation office for Tinubu, so that he too can be busy and feel important and leave Oyegun alone. Right now Buhari is watching the mad man dance naked and slowly waiting g to crush him.

I said this some days ago but Tinubu and his south waist dolts will not learn. APC will only ratify the extension at the next meeting, further humiliating him.

Third class citizen sef dey talk cheesy

1 Like

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:18am On Mar 10, 2018
dullard buhari the incompetent virus eating off it host since 1985, useless clumsy coward go and exhume Babatunde Tunde Abdulbaki Idiagbon carcass to come and rescue you again tongue

3 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by shapman: 9:18am On Mar 10, 2018
All are games, sheer politricks

I have a pc for sale
https://www.nairaland.com/4390678/neatly-used-dell-latitude-e6420
Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by benzion72(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2018
36STATES:

Continue deceiving yourself.

This is not a self deception but reality. As much I love PMB/APC it will be a tough task to win presidency in 2019. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

3 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 10, 2018
benzion72:

Tinubu singlehandedly brought in Oyegun to APC, when he was accused of fielding only Moslem then, The interim party Chairman was Chief Bisi Akande, the Spokesman then was Liar Mohammed all Muslim. He went and brought John Oyegun a christian to chairman the party to douse religious bigot tension. But Oyegun has aligned with Buhari and not his benefactor. Tinubu also prop Bhuari as the President of the party when he did not have money to obtain the form. He brought the primary to Lagos and fought Atiku and Kwankwanso dollar for dollar to get PMB the ticket.

But all is history today. I trust Jagaban he is a cat with nine lifes, he will spring a surprise. If he can fight OBJ PDP for eight years without allocation, survive OBJ onslaught that sweep all AD governor away then. singlehandedly form a coalation that dethrone PDP sixteen years rule. PMB is not a match for him.

ERROR, ERROR!
THE FULANI'S ARE THE BEST POLITICIANS IN NIGERIA TODAY.
THEY ARE LOYAL TO THEIR LONG TERM VISION AND CANNOT BE BOUGHT OVER WITH MONEY BY ANYBODY.
TINUBU WILL LEARN, THIS IS NOT OBJ OR GEJ WHO WERE TOLERANT AND VERY ACCOMMONDATING

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 10, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:

Wow!! What an analysis. Astute.

4 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 10, 2018
Adebowale89:
the content infuriate me, I was expecting to read tinubu turn to a joker in the hand of oyegun

all the nemesis happening to him now, he caused it, someone that ought to give buhari a run for his money comes 2019, just because of his over ambitious, he accepted an assignment that belittle a whole national leader of an incumbent party

I used to think he's smarter than this, but I'm quite disappointed, he took his over ambitious above his political reasoning. accepting that job was a slap on APC southwest in general after they sidelined you and you still accept that ridiculous job

seriously there is nothing jagaban about tinubu anymore, he should face Lagos and if buhari happen to win next election, he might be reduce to nothing in lagos politics, if he don't switch party with the winner of Lagos state governor comes 2019. if buhari is reelected, oyegun would gained more ground and might test Lagos as he did in kogi and ondo respectively

Well, y'all have to suck it in, being the aggrieved members reconciliator is what he gets to get from investing 20bn in 2015 to get this man into power. Deal with it

2 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by fellownigerianz(m): 9:37am On Mar 10, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

In this case... Tinubu is the clueless one
Immediately he accepted that appointment by Buhari.. He has sealed his fate in the party and there is no going back... He could have demanded the removal of oyegun before he could accept such appointment..
If he dares to leave the party at this juncture
Believe me... What is happening to dasuki and metu will be a child's play to what they have in stock for jagaban..
They will dehumanize him and take the whole south west structure of the party and hand over to either fashola or fayemi who are ever ready to take his place..

He should know that he was not only used but caged
He is in too deep
His ceremonial title as the leader of the party really blinded him... He has lost this very battle..

^God bless you for the bolded. One expected a critical and holistic analysis from the Jagaban. Who knows, he may have some aces up his sleeves but it will be interesting to see how he'll manage to come off these stronger & victorious.

2 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 10, 2018
jomonic:
One reality that Tunibu is yet to come to terms with is that Buhari does not need him to win next election. If Buhari needed him Oyegun's position will not be strong as it is today and he would have been history. Buhari knew early in the day during his presidency and that perception shaped his relationship with the great Tinubu. In reality Tinubu is the one that needs Buhari though I will not elaborate on this because it is sensitive. He needs to accept this and maintain a golden silence. Oyegun understands the game and he is favoured by the men that hold power in APC.

@ One reality that Tunibu is yet to come to terms with is that Buhari does not need him to win next election. Not 100% accurate to me. If Buhari gets a candidate that can split votes in the North and the SW, and enjoy block votes from SE and SS, he becomes vulnerable

What do you think NaijaMutant?
Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 10, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:

Bro it is you that is learning politics or has allowed ethnic bias to colour your thinking.

Oyegun has the support of most governors, not because of anything but because he is anti Tinubu. Oyegun is a very useless party chair whose job is to tax governors and follow big yansh but governors are ok with anyone that is against Tinubu.

APC in the hands of Tinubu will be a return to the ACN days when everyone has to worship in Bourdillon in order to get endorsement. Buhari is a better (and stupider) politician than tinubu. Once you support him, he supports you totally even when you are wrong without asking for anything in return. This kind of relationship gives the governors independence and liberty than the slavery Tinubu would put them through if they follow him.

Fashola and Fayemi will always whisper to them how they suffered as slaves under Tinubu.

Tinubu is not as astute as people think he is, i remember crying loud after their so called victory on the last election that the party didn't anticipate victory hence didn't have a defined constituition on how to govern the affairs of the party, the standard rule in power play in life is to never leave a vaccum, as this will be used by a player to gain the advantage, this isa lesson to anyone wathcing to never get involved with anyone in things that are undefined. Never !

If the role of the party, who owns/heads it, excos and working concept were well organized before the election were announced, he would have boxed the president, even OBJ didn't like this when he went againt the party's structure and re-organized the party structure in his second term, i bet Tinubu ought to have learnt from this, but no. He proved to be what we have always know him to be, a man of slow/no learning, always seeking worshippers who will loyally enthrone him by proxy. It serves him right, if he's native hometown sees the 20 billion he spent on election in a single swwop, the state would have changed

4 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by noruwasman(m): 9:50am On Mar 10, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:

Very brilliant point, thou has made. Then again it appears tinubu's control of oyegun could hav save buhari appointment of clueless cabinet caus i think that was the genesis of this whole bruhaha. I also think tinubu's structure of APC wrote the party's manifest, but oyegun's greed and quest for ass licking could not help draw the president attention. If i may say PMB has failed nigerian and its a pity till now no quality opposition to compete with APC. If buhari is wise enough, he should sponsors his cabinet ahead of the forth coming congress to battle tinubu's force and immediately after the congress dissolved his cabinet to bring in quare peg in quare hole. That way he can regains its already bastadise image publicly even if at the expenses of rigging next election. What is say about my point?

5 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by noruwasman(m): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2018
Nutase:
Buhari don score Hattrick on top Tinubu head.
Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 10, 2018
noruwasman:

Very brilliant point, thou has made. Then again it appears tinubu's control of oyegun could hav save buhari appointment of clueless cabinet caus i think that was the genesis of this whole bruhaha. I also think tinubu's structure of APC wrote the party's manifest, but oyegun's greed and quest for ass licking could not help draw the president attention. If i may say PMB has failed nigerian and its a pity till now no quality opposition to compete with APC. If buhari is wise enough, he should sponsors his cabinet ahead of the forth coming congress to battle tinubu's force and immediately after the congress dissolved his cabinet to bring in quare peg in quare hole. That way he can regains its already bastadise image publicly even if at the expenses of rigging next election. What is say about my point?

Tinubu may be playing with jail if he plays too rough. If he plays rough and by error Buhari wins the next term, should he contest and Tinubu opposes him, my dear, you'll not like what will happen to him o

4 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by modest4014: 9:55am On Mar 10, 2018
Adebowale89:

Its really painful to allow himself to be highly and grossly degraded by a dullard who he laboured to help to power. Its the usual Fulani taste and quest for power at the expense of general good of all.

2 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by noruwasman(m): 9:55am On Mar 10, 2018
Nutase:
Buhari don score Hattrick on top Tinubu head.

Until oyegun's tenure is over and the campaign for 2019 kick off officialy. Its too early to conclude at your myopic point

2 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by americanson: 9:55am On Mar 10, 2018
benzion72:

I respect Tinubu's tenacity and doggedness for unseating PDP, fight OBJ and all. It takes a lot to accomplish that. But don't you think he should have chosen a better Northerner than Buhari? That was his greatest mistake, one which he will live to regret for the rest of his life, IMO

2 Likes

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 10, 2018
pantherblack:

@ One reality that Tunibu is yet to come to terms with is that Buhari does not need him to win next election. Not 100% accurate to me. If Buhari gets a candidate that can split votes in the North and the SW, and enjoy block votes from SE and SS, he becomes vulnerable

What do you think NaijaMutant?

Try and face the facts. I assume you mean if Tinubu gets a candidate to split votes in north and south. No matter the candidates he gets, support in the south can only be nominal. It is well known that he is very unreliable going by the experience of Nuhu Ribadu who was abandoned by his own party because key stakeholders had made a deal with PDP. Who does not know the widest dimensions of his selfishness. Another aspect is the odium from the south for his role in heaping the APC rotten baggage on Nigerians. The north understand politics differently. When it matters most, they will team up behind closed doors and spring a surprise.
Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 10, 2018
Anything to scatter d evil demonic party and chase buhari to Daura is welcome by me.

TThiefnubuu as a collateral damage and dustbin of APC is a good omen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 10, 2018
jomonic:

Try and face the facts. I assume you mean if Tinubu gets a candidate to split votes in north and south. No matter the candidates he gets, support in the south can only be nominal. It is well known that he is very unreliable going by the experience of Nuhu Ribadu who was abandoned by his own party because key stakeholders had made a deal with PDP. Who does not know the widest dimensions of his selfishness. Another aspect is the odium from the south for his role in heaping the APC rotten baggage on Nigerians. The north understand politics differently. When it matters most, they will team up behind closed doors and spring a surprise.

Lol @ I assume you mean if Tinubu gets a candidate to split votes. Indeed, there aren't other political parties abi, SDP,ADP,APGA,FDP,NCP, all can't produce such a candidate abi? Have you seen how Kwankwaso,El-rufai,Tambuwal,Damkwambo,Lamido,Saraki,Atiku and co are vying for the seat? And you think these guys wont be ready to jump to different parties to split this votes?

1 Like

Re: Battle For The Soul Of APC: Oyegun Digs Fresh Joker For Tinubu by oloripelebe2: 10:04am On Mar 10, 2018
Jagaban wl surely return to SDP wia he started his political career grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years / EKITI UPDATE: Seven Lawmakers Impeach Speaker & Deputy; Appoints New Speaker / CCB Charges: FG Wasted Three Years Fighting Political Enemies - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.