Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

6 Tips For Shopping Online In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Tips For Shopping Online In Nigeria (306 Views)

My Dad Took My Sister For Shopping And My Mom Was Jealous / I Was Doing My Shopping Online; But Was Shocked To Find This On Jiji / 6 Tips That Could Help Delay Ejaculation In Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Tips For Shopping Online In Nigeria by Toybreezy: 2:42pm On Mar 10, 2018
E commerce has been around for a while, although relatively new in Nigeria. Among the giant online mall are and Payporte.

I have heard a lot of complains from people using this platforms, ranging from delayed delivery. Counterfeit Goods, errors and so many other.

Although some of this issue is from the company, .most of the fault is also from buyers. I'll be sharing few tips on. How to ensure you place order properly and get your items delivered to you with no problem.

1) PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
when placing your order for a product, ensure you read the specifications and description of the product.(size, colour, quality, functions etc.) Most people base their guess on pictures alone. A good photographer or graphic designer can make anything sparkle.

2) PRODUCT REVIEWS
Always read product reviews, a seller can post anything to sweet talk buyers into buying their product but no sweet talk can pacifer a customer who didn't get quality. The reviewer is where previous buyers of an item rate the item. Reading reviews can help you get an idea of how trustworthy or efficient a product is.
(Also learn to drop reviews you might be helping someone)

3) DIFFERENT SELLERS
Read information about where the website is getting your product from. Most times the website is just like a mall or complex with different shop owners and sellers. The difference is it is situated online. Always know if your item is sourced by a third party seller in the country or from overseas. This will help you understand if. there are after sales service on the product you purchase.

4) DELIVERY TIMELINES
always read and take note of delivery timelines, A product coming from Lagos to Lagos will have lesser delivery time, while a product going far will likely take longer time to deliver. Always take note of delivery timelines when placing your order so you don't get stranded if you need your product really early. If you are not sure, you can always call the website customer service and make enquiries about your area and how long it usually takes them before placing an order.

5)REFUND POLICY
No body likes to read, but also no body loves to throw money away, before placing an order, it is always important to read or ask for the refund policy of such items and take into note if you want to still proceed to buy such items. Like I said before different sellers exist on a website. So there's also different refund policy for different items. Some items may be eligible while others may not be. To avoid sad stories PLEASE always take note of this.

6)CORRECT DETAILS
your products will be delivered to the address stated on your account, always ensure you put a descriptive address, correct mobile number and make sure your email is valid and you revive notifications. This is important so you don't lose what you ordered for. The process of a refund is quite strenuous.

Note: most times when people face issues with these shopping websites, they call in the customer care and are angry that the agents are insensitive. The truth is the agents work by a script and they have little or no power over company's policy.

So when next you Talk to a customer care agent be nice and ensure to always rate them good in any survey.
You are helping someone keep their job because most times you are rating the agent and not the company.

Happy online shopping.

(1) (Reply)

The Darkest Hours Of The Night, Heralds The Breaking Of The Day... / Sex Education In Nigerian Schools: To Be Or Not To Be? / The Usefulness Of Getting Married At The Appropriate Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.