Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Reps Okay 10 New States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Okay 10 New States (15563 Views)

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / House Of Reps Okay Gov. Jang’s ‘operation Rainbow'. / House Of Reps Okay's 10 New States + Ban Nigerian's In Diaspora From Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2010
And sorry if you mistook my post as an insult.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by EzeUche(m): 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

So apparently, EzeUche, you still want the "cesspit".

Why wouldn't I not want the cesspit? It makes the other Igbo areas in Abia State feel better about themselves. It is like the whites in the north, look down on the whites in the south. That is how I feel when I here the mention of Ngwaland. And makes feel good that I am an Aro.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2010
These cats had better as a matter of urgency create a yoruba state from Kwara/Kogi cos am so fu#king tired of the morcharian system of govt we having in Kwara at present. The Sarakis dynasty has overshadowed and suppressed fresh inputs from prospective governors from other part of the state. Infact it can be liken to disefranchising the people who have what it takes to move the state forward. I don't even know how this North Central sh#t came into existence, Kwara was formely zoned as West central. That was Yoruba region, how come we are now North Central? If not for the advantage of the yoruba which we still have over this silly fulani's, we could have been turned into an Aboki state. Imagine a state with more than 70 yoruba traditional Obas and only 3 Emir and yet the tradional powers of the state lies with the rotten Emir. (Sigh), this sh#t makes me sick.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by chinoski: 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2010
At what point was Nigeria officially divided into NORTH & SOUTH? When we are still talking of inequality in the existing arrangement, they are compounding issues. East need more states, west also need more states and the south need more states as well. Nigeria does not comprise of NORTH and SOUTH but NORTH, SOUTH, EAST AND WEST - Simple geography. someone should tell them!
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by EzeUche(m): 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2010
chinoski:

At what point was Nigeria officially divided into NORTH & SOUTH? When we are still talking of inequality in the existing arrangement, they are compounding issues. East need more states, west also need more states and the south need more states as well. Nigeria does not comprise of NORTH and SOUTH but NORTH, SOUTH, EAST AND WEST - Simple geography. someone should tell them!

BS!!!

There is no such thing 'SS'

Divide SS among the Yoruba and the Igbo to save anymore bloodshed. Let two majority groups hold sway and that will solve the Niger Delta problem.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 7:56pm On Apr 30, 2010
Ok. So you want to continue insulting us and saying that we give you people a bad name, yet you refuse to do away with us? Sounds confused.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by bawomolo(m): 7:57pm On Apr 30, 2010
Bastards. . . .Recurrent expenditure about to go even further up

abi o,  imagine ibadan having a state.   haven't we learnt our lesson from moribound states like ekiti and osun.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by EzeUche(m): 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Ok. So you want to continue insulting us and saying that we give you people a bad name, yet you refuse to do away with us? Sounds confused.

ChinenyeN, your people will never have their own state. If we start making states out of different clans, than Igboland will become more balkanized than it already is.

I support Igbo unity. Now run along Ngwa boy and make sure you do not follow in your people's wicked ways and cause more havoc to the Igbo name.  grin
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by hedoyad(m): 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
@chinenye, if you truly support the creation of a state for your people then other people's opposition should not matter to you.
All these larger groups should just suck it and get with the program, it's not like the new states will move out of Nigeria.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by hedoyad(m): 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2010
@chinenye, if you truly support the creation of a state for your people then other people's opposition should not matter to you.
All these larger groups should just suck it and get with the program, it's not like the new states will move out of Nigeria.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2010
So, in other words, you believe in something that never existed, and you want to manifest it, even to the point of subjecting a people against their will?
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 8:13pm On Apr 30, 2010
Hedoyad, the opposition matters because it counters the objective. So it has to be dealt with. It cannot just be ignored.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by doyin13(m): 8:15pm On Apr 30, 2010
Lol. . .This reminds me of an incident I witnessed on a public
bus in Lagos years ago.

Poor man from one of the other South Eastern states jokingly
took a swipe at a man from Nnewi. The spirit on the bus was
especially cordial, everyone simply ribbing each other.

But this man from Nnewi wasn't having it. He started ranting
at the poor guy. . . .talking about how expensive his dunhill
belt was, and calling the other guy a pauper.

Truth be told the other guy wasn't looking his best and you
could just sense his bruised pride. Totally uncalled for and
very unnecessary.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by sjeezy8: 8:16pm On Apr 30, 2010
hmmm nwga vs aro? shocked

kelly hansome- "nwgana ngwa lets go, now lets go"

EzeUche:

BS!!!
There is no such thing 'SS'
Divide SS among the Yoruba and the Igbo to save anymore bloodshed. Let two majority groups hold sway and that will solve the Niger Delta problem.

you b realllll goat if u think say we can divide 40million+ people between yoruba and igbo. Beside Becomerich I dont any yoruba that wants to "babysit" the NDeltans. God forbid Oil is not worth it. abegi give these SS people more state out rivers, delta etc . . .
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by EzeUche(m): 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

hmmm nwga vs aro? shocked

kelly hansome- "nwgana ngwa lets go, now lets go"

you b realllll goat if u think say we can divide 40million+ people between yoruba and igbo. Beside Becomerich I dont any yoruba that wants to "babysit" the NDeltans. God forbid Oil is not worth it. abegi give these SS people more state out rivers, delta etc . . .

As you can see, there are fissures within Igbo society. Especially among the criminals from the Ngwa clan who are always in despair.

The Niger Deltans can have their state as long as Igbo speaking communities are given to the Igbo. Parts of Delta and Rivers State belong to the Igbo and solely to the Igbo. It is the Ijaw who have the audacity to challenge not only the Igbo, but your people as well.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2010
EzeUche:

[b]As you can see, there are fissures within Igbo society. [/b]Especially among the criminals from the Ngwa clan who are always in despair.
I can only shake my head at this. Fissures, really? "Igbo society" is MUCH much younger than those "fissures", and there is no reason for those "fissures" to even go away (and no way I would agree to it. So, I prefer to hold on to my own "fissure", thank you).
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by sjeezy8: 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2010
EzeUche:

As you can see, there are fissures within Igbo society. Especially among the criminals from the Ngwa clan who are always in despair.

The Niger Deltans can have their state as long as Igbo speaking communities are given to the Igbo. Parts of Delta and Rivers State belong to the Igbo and solely to the Igbo. It is the Ijaw who have the audacity to challenge not only the Igbo, but your people as well.

what are you talkin about ijaws are ok in number of rivers state so why not give them a state- that is along the coast and leave upper river state for igbo/ikwerre? it makes sense for them to want their own state.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by EzeUche(m): 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I can only shake my head at this. Fissures, really? "Igbo society" is much younger than those "fissures", and there is no reason for those "fissures" to even go away (and no way I would agree to it).

Mehn you Ngwa are a whiney lot. We Aro should have enslaved all your ppl!!!  angry I dun tire 4 it all.

You criminals are doing more harm than good for the Igbo name. Weak and criminal people.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2010
In case you haven't noticed, you are also equally guilty of whining. Also, you Aro tried, but failed (go and ask about the history). You say we Ngwa are doing more harm than good, yet you refuse to disassociate, and you don't even offer to help rectify this "issue", and wipe off the smear from the "Igbo name". Instead, you Igbo want to continue walking around with a smeared name. It seems to me to be nothing more than confusion.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On Apr 30, 2010
Mehn you Ngwa are a whiney lot. We Aro should have enslaved all your ppl!!!   I dun tire 4 it all.

You criminals are doing more harm than good for the Igbo name. Weak and criminal people.

Abeggi make we hear word, Like we dont have criminals in your own clan.

Let everyman state what they want the Ngwa people probably want their own state, You probably dont, Is there any problem with that?
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by doyin13(m): 9:10pm On Apr 30, 2010
Don't understand how people can support state creation. The process
defines arbitrariness itself.

Where does it end. . . .Make una tell me oo. . .Where does it bloody
end.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 9:24pm On Apr 30, 2010
doyin13:

Where does it end. . . .Make una tell me oo. . .Where does it bloody
end.
Welcome to the game called "Politics".
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by doyin13(m): 9:43pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Welcome to the game called "Politics".

But its ultimately self defeating. . . .

I hope the Niger Deltan states realise it won't favour them
and stop it when it comes to their state assemblies for rectification.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by teeluv(m): 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2010
as if thats what we need,
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by EzeUche(m): 9:55pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

In case you haven't noticed, you are also equally guilty of whining. Also, you Aro tried, but failed (go and ask about the history). You say we Ngwa are doing more harm than good, yet you refuse to disassociate, and you don't even offer to help rectify this "issue", and wipe off the smear from the "Igbo name". Instead, you Igbo want to continue walking around with a smeared name. It seems to me to be nothing more than confusion.

Remember that the Aro power was felt throughout Alaigbo. Our Long Juju Shrine power was felt across the entire East and the Aro raids caused serious upheavals throughout all of Igboland and Ibibioland. Don't you forget the history of the Aro, because I am sure your forefathers feared our raids.

The Ngwa are Igbo just like the Aro are Igbo unfortunately and the same goes for Ikwerre.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by doyin13(m): 9:56pm On Apr 30, 2010
EzeUche:

Remember that the Aro power was felt throughout Alaigbo. Our Long Juju Shrine power was felt across the entire East and the Aro raids caused serious upheavals throughout all of Igboland and Ibibioland. Don't you forget the history of the Aro, because I am sure your forefathers feared our raids.

The Ngwa are Igbo just like the Aro are Igbo unfortunately and the same goes for Ikwerre.

Sometimes I wonder if you are for real grin grin grin
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 10:05pm On Apr 30, 2010
EzeUche:

Again, this shows how much you don't know. Aro "power" was actually more pronounced in northern areas. You all struggled with the south (particularly with Ngwa).
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by jmoore(m): 10:08pm On Apr 30, 2010
rubbish, political leaders with no wisdom
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 10:12pm On Apr 30, 2010
doyin13:

But its ultimately self defeating. . . .
It is ultimately human.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 10:53pm On Apr 30, 2010
I think that the only reason the south east is agitating for extra state is because of the disparity with other geopolitical zones. If that disparity is normalized, or if resource control is fully implemented at zonal level, Ndigbo will not likely create more states.
I know that some parts of Igboland are very fractious (I heard there are about 800 autonomous communities in Imo state alone! shocked cry angry), leadership is about pointing out the harm in that!

It is self defeating to break up peoples of the same culture. When you break up peoples of the same language, you are actually waging a war on their ultimate survival. Only true leaders can understand this point.

In the name of God, if you cannot implement full resource control, STOP breaking up my land into nonviable bits and pieces. Any town that wants a state created for it must NOT RECEIVE a dime from the federal government!
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 10:59pm On Apr 30, 2010
I remember that my town had clean tarred roads and pipe borne water even inside the villages in the days of East Central state. As I write now, there are no pipe borne water in my town. All the roads built when most part of Igboland was one state are all gone now. As I write now, Peter Obi is trying his best to rebuild all those roads. Tomorrow, someone will break up my state and the new state will get a rogue for a governor and it would be deja vous all over again.

Nigeria is really making me sick!
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by sjeezy8: 11:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
more more more more states!!!!!! split up yorubas in the middle belt, south kaduna, river state, and igboland so more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

100 Days Achievements Of Governor Rochas Of Imo State / Stop Offering Excuses, Face Challenge Of Governance- PDP Tells Buhari / Nigerians Assess Buhari's First Year In Office (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.