Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Reps Okay 10 New States - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Okay 10 New States (15566 Views)

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / House Of Reps Okay Gov. Jang’s ‘operation Rainbow'. / House Of Reps Okay's 10 New States + Ban Nigerian's In Diaspora From Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 11:30pm On Apr 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

more more more more states!!!!!! split up yorubas in the middle belt, south kaduna, river state, and igboland so more.

You are so scared of Nigeria's break up that you are willing to destroy your people for it! You think any of these stoopid state creations will stop MASSOB and their push for Biafra undecided
Today they are very active in ALL former eastern states: Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi, Akwa-Ibom, Cross rivers, Rivers,Abia,  Delta and Enugu.

The more you divide us to destroy us, the more determined we get to destroy Nigeria. lmao!
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2010
I don't understand why Igbo people get so worked up over these "fractions". I don't know why they're always talking about "divide and conquer", when we were not even one in the first place, and we're barely even one now. Let's be realistic, we are a group of related groups, but we are not synonymous with each other. That is the only truth of Igbo identity. Everything else is wishful thinking.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by 006(m): 11:39pm On Apr 30, 2010
@ ChinenyeN ,

You're really delusional.
A confused goon to say the least.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2010
See child of Nri speaking on delusions. Please. The truth hurts. You should know that.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 11:45pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I don't understand why Igbo people get so worked up over these "fractions". I don't know why they're always talking about "divide and conquer", when we were not even one in the first place, and we're barely even one now. Let's be realistic, we are a group of related groups, but we are not synonymous with each other. That is the only truth of Igbo identity. Everything else is wishful thinking.

No my friend, that is a BIG LIE. I can recall clearly how decent East Central State was. Mind you, all the intellectual giants we've had in Igbo land, from Zik to Chinua Achebe, to the Okigbos, Dikes, Ojikes, Okparas, Mbadiwes and all other giants from Igboland, were raised and educated BEFORE all the current states in the south east.

Since all these new states started, show me a single leader or intellectual giant that has emerged from Igboland. undecided
Now you have idiots who would never have been qualified to run even urban councils in the old days become governors and senators today.

Today, I can't count a single SOLID tertiary institution in the whole south east.
Anyway, you are entitled to your opinions as I'm entitled to mine!  cool
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2010
I'm talking about identity Onlytruth. Where are you getting all that from?
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I'm talking about identity Onlytruth. Where are you getting all that from?

What identity are you talking about? Since when are you not from south east or Igboland again?
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 11:53pm On Apr 30, 2010
Okay, there's some mis-communication going on, here. My post was specifically talking about "Igbo" identity (being "Igbo"). I don't understand where all that information about intellectuals and East Central State has to do with it.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by 006(m): 11:53pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

See child of Nri speaking on delusions. Please. The truth hurts. You should know that.

Mind you, my grand dad was an Anioma man, ok!

You Ngwa folks can deny your Igboness like your silly cousins, Ikwerre. We don't give a hoot what you make of yourself; you can all go crazy.
The only state, if any, should be Anioma and Southern Kaduna, and you Ngwa folks should stop blocking the creation of Anioma State, a quota given to SE region. I know Anioma want to fill that quota for SE
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 11:55pm On Apr 30, 2010
Man you people seriously go crazy over every single outlook contrary to your perfect "Igbo" ethnicity. Where did I and my fellow Ngwa deny "Igbo-ness"? Please inform me.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 11:58pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Man you people seriously go crazy over every single outlook contrary to your perfect "Igbo" ethnicity. Where did I and my fellow Ngwa deny "Igbo-ness"? Please inform me.

How come Ngwa is hijacking this thread? Pray this is about state creation, not about Ngwa state creation which I suspect will never see the light of day. If only Nigeria can implement full resource control all these idiocy will end. undecided
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by sjeezy8: 12:00am On May 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

You are so scared of Nigeria's break up that you are willing to destroy your people for it! You think any of these stoopid state creations will stop MASSOB and their push for Biafra undecided
Today they are very active in ALL former eastern states: Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi, Akwa-Ibom, Cross rivers, Rivers,Abia,  Delta and Enugu.

The more you divide us to destroy us, the more determined we get to destroy Nigeria. lmao!
lol

I was actually being sarcastic. But If Nigeria should break up fine like I said before we in the west dont have minorities to "baby sit", or reach any agreement with to have our own nation.
you can break up yorubaland into 100 states- when all is said and done - they are still yoruba and will be in the same yoruba country if Nigeria splits.

People like you fear splitting up states because when all is said and done "Biafra"( including river state, cross river, akwa ibom) cannot actualise without 17 million ijaws along with ibibio and efik(who may want their own country) having a say in it.

Thats why alot of those who want biafra like to group all "eastners" together, when in reality  NDeltans want their own republic or their own states.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 12:01am On May 01, 2010
I would rather have one leader for the whole Igboland, and one house of assembly for the whole Igboland. If that happens, most of these half baked fools in the national assembly won't even qualify to run, and some governors won't even qualify to be local government chairmen.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 12:03am On May 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

I would rather have one leader for the whole Igboland, and one house of assembly for the whole Igboland.
I cringe at the thought of that.

Onlytruth:

How come Ngwa is hijacking this thread? Pray this is about state creation, not about Ngwa state creation which I suspect will never see the light of day. If only Nigeria can implement full resource control all these idiocy will end. undecided
Look for EzeUche's very first post on page one.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by sjeezy8: 12:04am On May 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

I would rather have one leader for the whole Igboland, and one house of assembly for the whole Igboland. If that happens, most of these half baked fools in the national assembly won't even qualify to run, and some governors won't even qualify to be local government chairmen.

the heck who says that
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Redman44(m): 12:06am On May 01, 2010
I hope our leaders in the House of Representatives have really done their homework before announcing that more states will be created sad sad  We love doing things without adequate planning and research in Nigeria. I have this feeling that the new States that are being created are meant to compensate certain tribes in the country. Some of our Representatives might be clamouring for new states to expand their political base, with the aim of becoming Governors of the new states in the near future. Creating new spheres of political and geographical influence has not made Nigeria an industrialized country. States like Kogi, Yobe and Ekiti state have not become economic miracles. The living standards of people residing in the states mentioned have not improved sad sad So what is the big deal in creating new states?

Instead of trying to create new states for selfish reasons, our leaders should take a cue from Canada. Many Canadians are whites but they have different cultural backgrounds. There are French-Canadians, Polish-Canadians, Irish-Canadians, German and Scandinavian Canadians, Canadians of Russian and Lithuanian origin etc. Then there are Canadians of African and Asian ancestry or origin.  As big as Canada is, the country has only 10 Provinces and 3 Territories. Apart form the thorny issue of Quebec's Independence, no one is agitating for a new Province or Territory. What Canadian leaders are interested in is to keep the nation running and make the lives of their citizens comfortable. Our leaders need to start caring for the masses and not making life more difficult for the people.

Our leaders are ruling us with their heads stuck in rubbish bins. I'm pissed off.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 12:06am On May 01, 2010
sjeezy8:

lol

I was actually being sarcastic. But If Nigeria should break up fine like I said before we in the west dont have minorities to "baby sit", or reach any agreement with to have our own nation.
you can break up yorubaland into 100 states- when all is said and done - they are still yoruba and will be in the same yoruba country if Nigeria splits.

People like you fear splitting up because when all is said and done "Biafra"( including river state, cross river, akwa ibom) cannot actualise without 17 million ijaws along with ibibio and efik(who may want their own country) having a say in it.

Thats why alot of those who want biafra like to group all "eastners" together, when in reality  NDeltans want their own republic.

And you are in the position to know what they want and how it will all pan out. undecided I have told you (or was it your idiot twin Sefago undecided) that Igbo will go it ALONE if need be. We start by asking for our own state first. Who told you Igbo really want to stay with other groups anyway? MASSOB is an eastern thing because Biafra was an eastern thing.
In a referendum today, the Igbo will still vote to go even if alone! Get that into your cowardly skull. cool
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by 006(m): 12:10am On May 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

I've said it before, the only way Igbos could have a meaningful development is to regroup again and form just ONE state, and still get all the allocations meant for all these false states, whether the country have 100 states or not.
It makes no meaning having 5 villages as state capitals when we could put resources together and build a mega city.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by sjeezy8: 12:11am On May 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

And you are in the position to know what they want and how it will all pan out. undecided I have told you (or was it your idiot twin Sefago undecided) that Igbo will go it ALONE if need be. We start by asking for our own state first. Who told you Igbo really want to stay with other groups anyway? MASSOB is an eastern thing because Biafra was an eastern thing.
In a referendum today, the Igbo will still vote to go even if alone! Get that into your cowardly skull. cool

The day igbo people make biafra an igbo thing only( 5 SE states, upper river state- land locked) and not drag any other ethnic groups along - that country will probably exist.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 12:15am On May 01, 2010
006:

I've said it before, the only way Igbos could have a meaningful development is to regroup again and form just ONE state, and still get all the allocations meant for all these false states, whether the country have 100 states or not.
It makes no meaning having 5 villages as state capitals when we could put resources together and build a mega city.

Thank you bros!

Again the Igbo should support Anioma state creation because it solves a particular problem. We don't need any new state in the south east. I say we give Anioma the south east "quota" for state. It helps them and frees them up to join the south east if they want.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 12:16am On May 01, 2010
sjeezy8:

The day igbo people make biafra an igbo thing only( 5 SE states, upper river state- land locked) and not drag any other ethnic groups along - that country will probably exist.

And you think we've not heard that idiocy before? undecided

Yorubaland is only OYO and OGUN. cool
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 12:16am On May 01, 2010
Onlytruth, where from Igboland are you from (which state)?
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 12:18am On May 01, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I'm from Nnewi in Anambra state. cool Why?
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by AloyEmeka5: 12:18am On May 01, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Abakaliki land.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 12:19am On May 01, 2010
I needed to confirm a thought.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 12:20am On May 01, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Abakaliki land.

grin grin grin grin

Alloy you're an idiot. What is wrong with Abakaliki?
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by 006(m): 12:20am On May 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

Thank you bros!

Again the Igbo should support Anioma state creation because it solves a particular problem. We don't need any new state in the south east. I say we give Anioma the south east "quota" for state. It helps them and frees them up to join the south east if they want.

It's Ngwa people that are blocking the creation of Anioma with their ceaseless demand for an Aba State.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 12:23am On May 01, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I needed to confirm a thought.

You know, I can probably say that an "Nnewi state" will be economically viable. We've got some money in my town. But, how does that bring me closer to my kind in Ngwa or Aro, or Nsukka, or Abakaliki? All these are my people. We speak same language. We may not be of the same origin, but who is?
I want my land unified and intact!  cool We grow as one.  cool
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 12:23am On May 01, 2010
006, that's not the truth, but I'll entertain it anyway. . . .

006:

It's Ngwa people that are blocking the creation of Anioma with their ceaseless demand for an Aba State.
and we're not going to stop because some Anambra people are complaining.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by davidif: 12:24am On May 01, 2010
[size=28pt]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/size] cry cry angry angry WHY? WHY? WHYYYYY?. WE ARE ALREADY SPENDING 60% OF OUR GNP FUNDING EVERY GOVT. OFFICIAL FROM EVERY 36 STATE AND NOW WE ARE ABOUT TO ADD 10 MORE. OH GOODNESS cry cry

I AM FROM EKITI STATE WHICH WAS FORMERLY PART OF ONDO AND TILL TODAY NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO GIVE ME ANY REASON FOR THE BREAK UP OF THE STATE OR EVEN TELL ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BOTH STATES. THE SAME THING GOES WITH CROSS RIVER AND AKWA IBOM STATE.

I HOPE THE SENATE OR EVEN THE PRESIDENT VETOES THIS BILL.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 12:28am On May 01, 2010
Okay. . . . . . first of all, if you want Nnewi state, then by all means ask for it. Nnewi is a separate body, and its own identity. If the people want it, let them ask. Second, we Ngwa are not all that concerned with getting closer to any other group. We couldn't care any less or more, about whether or not you feel connected with us. As for this. . . .

Onlytruth:

All these are my people. We speak same language.
I have my thoughts.

Regarding the land. . it was never unified to begin with, and it isn't yours. Stop trying to force what ever existed.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 12:28am On May 01, 2010
ChinenyeN:

006, that's not the truth, but I'll entertain it anyway. . . .
and we're not going to stop because some Anambra people are complaining.
People will keep complaining but they are not always right. Real leadership will identify the real problem and solve it.
Today, we don't even have a good transit system like light rail in the south east. We don't have a state owned power plant. None of the state is strong enough to take up huge projects like was the case in the days of Okpara.

If we have real leaders in the south east, they would not support this. Let's support Anioma. They need it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

THE IGBO AGENDA AGAINST THE YORUBA IN LAGOS - / Miyetti Allah Petitions Police IG Over Herdsmen Killing In Delta, Indicts Gov Ok / Dickson, PDP Kicks As Bayelsa Gets New CP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.