Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Reps Okay 10 New States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Okay 10 New States (15561 Views)

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / House Of Reps Okay Gov. Jang’s ‘operation Rainbow'. / House Of Reps Okay's 10 New States + Ban Nigerian's In Diaspora From Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by hedoyad(m): 5:52pm On Apr 30, 2010

State creation or not They still
siphon money. If not through
state creation it would be
through "Walking allowance"

Think about the number of
drivers, Caterers, Mechanics,
Bricklayers etc that would be
employed by the new state, LGovt
etc.
This seem to be the only way
people can get something from
Govt in Nigeria nowadays

dayo So your brain works ? Leave them to be yarning opata, where were the new states when Ibori and
Yerima were looting ?

na wa bros
meanwhile, you live in Soddom
and Gommorah
is the statue of Lots wife still
there? the one that turned to salt

My village herbalist turned her back to human and we've given her to chic2pimp to make money on the streets with. She still a bit salty though wink
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by sizzlers(m): 5:56pm On Apr 30, 2010
I think They wanted to be like America meanwhile they cant even maintain the ones they have, is a pity may GOD help us. Nigeria Great people great Nation
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Spyker: 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2010
Naija is a copy copy country. May be they want to meet up America who has 50 states. 36 + 10 = 46 + FCT = 47. Three or four state still left for the remaining political dispersion.
If so, i should start gathering mu folks and start campaigning for a state, may be i will create WAZOBIA state. grin and bring all those who believe in one Nigeria (if that really exist) into it.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by sizzlers(m): 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
Bongo_man:

I thought Nigeria was set for breakup this new creation if state is a parody.
well we will still make up
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by TewMuch: 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2010
The north doesnt need more states, i think they have more states than other zones. If they really want to be fair, they should even out the number of states to each zone. What they are proposing is nonsense. We should really have zones in Nigeria, not states. North, SW, SS, SE, MB. This state nonsense is not for our system of government and its just going to be ridiculously expensive. They definitely want to copy america's style, but we cannot afford it, and only 2 states in America is bigger than Nigeria as a whole. They need to invest in amenities and infrastructures that are most needed, instead of thinking of new ways to embezzle money. nonsense. angry
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Adamuenero(m): 6:27pm On Apr 30, 2010
These politicians have got no brain at all. Out of all the problems nigerians are facing now all they could think about is state creation. And do they think that will bring us out of our misery and they shall surely burn in Hell for all what they have caused to Nigerians.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by AloyEmeka5: 6:27pm On Apr 30, 2010
TewMuch:

The north doesnt need more states, i think they have more states than other zones. If they really want to be fair, they should even out the number of states to each zone. What they are proposing is nonsense. We should really have zones in Nigeria, not states. North, SW, SS, SE, MB. This state nonsense is not for our system of government and its just going to be ridiculously expensive. They definitely want to copy america's style, but we cannot afford it, and only 2 states in America is bigger than Nigeria as a whole. They need to invest in amenities and infrastructures that are most needed, instead of thinking of new ways to embezzle money. nonsense. angry

We don't need any more states in Nigeria period. Creating more states will not bring any more development apart from increasing the number of political thugs and  ballot box robbers. How old is Ekiti state now and name one development that entered Ekiti since creation apart from a photolab?
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by AloyEmeka5: 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

This (again) shows how much you don't know. We Ngwa have been requesting for our own state, since. The agitation for Aba state by we Ngwa and co. is the oldest state creation demand in Nigeria (made before Nigeria's independence). So relegate your tongue back into your mouth. I'm getting fed up with you and your Ngwa-related posts; nnwa Ohnuhnu.

@ Topic: Where is the list of states to be created? They're just going to say that they're okaying 10 states, and won't say which states those are?

And so effing what?. If backward Ngwa people could not develop themselves by now, no amount of state creation will develop them. Your people need to stop hunting lipsrsealed lipsrsealed and work hard like their fellow kinsmen.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 6:35pm On Apr 30, 2010
Henry22:

motherfuckers they better  not touch igbo land  cos we dont want them nigerian government defyn our land, wat we want is our own country(BIAFRA LAND OF THE RISING SUN) God is our stright.
Speak for yourself.

Aloy+Emeka:

And so effing what?. If backward Ngwa people could not develop themselves by now, no amount of state creation will develop them. Your people need to stop hunting  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed and work hard like their fellow kinsmen.
Since when did development tie into state creation? This is all politics my friend. Kinsmen. .? hahah. . direct that statement to someone else. We are not synonymous with the rest of the old Bende district of people. So, no such thing as kinsmen, nnwa Ohnuhnu.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by AndreUweh(m): 6:36pm On Apr 30, 2010
There should be a merger of states for parity in all the geo-political zones.
The north west zone has seven states while the south east has only five. As a result, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara states should be merged to become one. This will leave north west with five states just as the south east.
Also, in the South west, Ekiti and Ondo states should be merged.
South South, Bayelsa and Rivers should merge.
North central, Plateau and Nasarawa to be fused into one state.
North east, Bauchi and Gombe should become one.
 If this idea is implemented, all the geo-political zones will have five states each.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by bisiaet: 6:38pm On Apr 30, 2010
10 state for what for God sake so is this the problem nigeria have now oh house of rep.??
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ezeagu(m): 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Speak for yourself.
Since when did development tie into state creation? This is all politics my friend. Kinsmen. .? hahah. . direct that statement to someone else. We are not synonymous with the rest of the old Bende district of people. So, no such thing as kinsmen, nnwa Ohnuhnu.

Which one is this one? undecided
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by AloyEmeka5: 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Speak for yourself.

Like I said before, if your people stop munching humans and embrace the 21st century, may be they will see the light. State creation will not help them if they don't change. I speak the truth.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by AloyEmeka5: 6:44pm On Apr 30, 2010
ezeagu:

Which one is this one? undecided

Don't mind her. At least Bende people do not kidnap and roast people for dinner.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Like I said before, if your people stop munching humans and embrace the 21st century, may be they will see the light. State creation will not help them if they don't change. I speak the truth.

Aloy+Emeka:

Don't mind her. At least Bende people do not kidnap and roast people for dinner.

Haha. . nnwa Ohnuhnu, you have jokes. This is the 21st century, and as such, we reserve our right to demand for our people. I speak the truth, too. I'm not denying that Ngwa has fallen from the limelight, but that does not, in any way, mean that I and my people must agree to being stuffed together with old Bende.

By the way, I am male, in case your Aro eyes seem to be failing you.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ezeagu(m): 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Haha. . nnwa Ohnuhnu, you have jokes. This is the 21st century, and as such, we reserve our right to demand for our people. I speak the truth, too. I'm not denying that Ngwa has fallen from the limelight, but that does not, in any way, mean that I and my people must agree to being stuffed together with old Bende.

What will 'Aba state' give 'your people'?
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2010
ezeagu:

What will 'Aba state' give 'your people'?
Are you really asking, to know? or is this just a rhetorical question?
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by SapeleGuy: 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2010
Fiscal Federalism Please.

After which they can create as many unviable states as they like.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by AloyEmeka5: 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I've told you before that you are only looking for resource allocation. What do your people have to give us Nigerians in return apart from evil?. See his mouth looking for a state! No be only Ngwa state but una go get Ngwa continent. undecided
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 6:59pm On Apr 30, 2010
You and your Nigerian agenda. Many of us have since given up on that. My focus is not what we will give you in return. It is what I can secure for my own. The rest of Nigeria can be scrapped for all I care, just as long as I can secure my own. My loyalty forever remains with my people; not Nigeria. If I must work with, through, and by Nigeria to secure my own, then I will, but Nigeria is not my priority, or even my concern.

Aloy+Emeka:

I've told you before that you are only looking for resource allocation. What do your people have to give us Nigerians in return apart from evil?. See his mouth looking for a state! No be only Ngwa state but una go get Ngwa continent. undecided
Now, you're blowing it out of proportion. . .
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by AloyEmeka5: 7:06pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

You and your Nigerian agenda. Many of us have since given up on that. My focus is not what we will give you in return. It is what I can secure for my own. The rest of Nigeria can be scrapped for all I care, just as long as I can secure my own. My loyalty forever remains with my people; not Nigeria. If I must work with, through, and by Nigeria to secure my own, then I will, but Nigeria is not my priority, or even my concern.

And you are not ashamed to showcase your selfish nature here?. People are asking for what they will do for Nigeria and not what Nigeria will do for them.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by EzeUche(m): 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

What did I say about you Ngwa people. Ngwaland gives Igboland a bad name. Your area is rife with kidnappings and killings. And I can bet you 100,000 Naira that any Igbo in prison abroad, especially in Indonesia, China, or Malaysia is from Ngwaland. angry

Maybe because the Ngwa history is so tainted, maybe this is the reason why they act this way. We Aro have a proud history that would not allow us to act so low.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2010
Sorry, Aloy, but I really no longer have it in me to care about Nigeria. I tried, and I'm tired of trying. So, I am more than content with my own people's security. I no longer want to make Nigeria's issues and my people's issues synonymous. I will do my best to separate the two. Only those that are really detrimental to my people's security and agenda, will I take into consideration.

EzeUche, if that is seriously the case then, why not support us in state creation so that we can get out of your hair? It seems to me that us being in the same political atmosphere with you is only further upsetting you. Just brush us off, and we can both peacefully go our separate ways. Please don't talk about tainted Ngwa history, when you seem to only actually know very little about the Ngwa.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by AloyEmeka5: 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Sorry, Aloy, but I really no longer have it in me to care about Nigeria. I tried, and I'm tired of trying. So, I am more than content with my own people's security. I no longer want to make Nigeria's issues and my people's issues synonymous.

EzeUche, if that is seriously the case then, why not support us in state creation so that we can get out of your hair? It seems to me that us being in the same political atmosphere with you is only further upsetting you. Just brush us off, and we can both peacefully go our separate ways. Please don't talk about tainted Ngwa history, when you seem to actually know very little about the Ngwa.

The big questoin is : Are your people ready to accept change and embrace civilization?
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2010
An odd question to ask, or maybe you just aren't all too familiar with Ngwa history. We are not a stagnant people. We've hit a rut, yes, but it is not our objective to remain there. As for embracing civilization, we've been embracing civilization, but we just are not all that interested in joining with the rest of Abia, in that respect. It's really that simple. As for change, oh, we're more than ready for that. We've been asking for it, even.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2010
@ChinenyeN

I'm hating the change in direction of this talk  ,  .  .
On the face value, it would seem like state creation is a good thing but if you look back through the years, you would realize that division is actually evil.
Most Nigerians agree that we were happier in the old Nigeria with 3 or 4 regions than when 12 states were created.
I was happier in the East-central state than I was in old Anambra state.
I was happier in old Anambra state than I am now in the new Anambra State.
It is only logical to conclude that I will be happier in the current Anambra state than when another state is carved out of it.

For every new state creation, we produce  quantity, but lose more quality of general life: leadership, economy, education, social harmony, cultural stability and language. Above all, we sow evil seeds of disunity among brothers.
The initial state creation by Gowon in 1967 was a WAR STRATEGY. How can it be a good thing in time of peace?

For every new state created in Nigeria, something precious dies!

I want only[size=16pt]ONE STATE IN THE EAST![/size] cool
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by EzeUche(m): 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

EzeUche, if that is seriously the case then, why not support us in state creation so that we can get out of your hair? It seems to me that us being in the same political atmosphere with you is only further upsetting you. Just brush us off, and we can both peacefully go our separate ways. Please don't talk about tainted Ngwa history, when you seem to only actually know very little about the Ngwa.

I wu onye ara nnegi wu akwuna nnagi wu onye ohi!!! angry

How dare you insult me you Ngwa. I wouldn't mind if Ngwaland have their own dirty state, but that would have to wait until Alaigbo has their own nation. Then we can see how Ngwaland, becomes the cesspit as we all know it is. While you can look to the Ndi Aro for inspiration!  cool
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2010
Please, OnlyTruth (to tell you the truth), direct that to someone else who cares, because I can no longer bring myself to do so.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2010
Where did I insult you, EzeUche? and if you really mean what you say, then I invite you to gladly help us with the creation of Aba state. We both apparently want the same thing. So no need to fuss over it.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by Onlytruth(m): 7:28pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Please, OnlyTruth (to tell you the truth), direct that to someone else who cares, because I can no longer bring myself to do so.

To be frank I wasn't really addressing you, 'cos I know your mind is made up. I am addressing others who may not know the full story.

State creation is a make feel good deceit. It was used successfully to undermine Biafra and it is being used today to divide brothers and loot the treasury.

Those idiotic members of the house should hear us loud and clear. Take your state creation to Afghanistan!
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by EzeUche(m): 7:34pm On Apr 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Where did I insult you, EzeUche? and if you really mean what you say, then I invite you to gladly help us with the creation of Aba state. We both apparently want the same thing. So no need to fuss over it.

I took it as an insult.

Why should we Aro give up the city of Aba where there are so many cheap goods to buy from that town. It is the commercial capital of Abia State. Aba will stay in Abia State, and you Ngwa should be grateful that the superior Igbo clans can keep your violence in check.
Re: Reps Okay 10 New States by ChinenyeN(m): 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2010
So apparently, EzeUche, you still want the "cesspit".

OnlyTruth, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

We Have No Investment In Geometric Power Project - Alex Otti / El-Rufai Inspects The 150MLD Zaria Water Expansion Project (Photos) / 100 Days Achievements Of Governor Rochas Of Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.