Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (32498 Views)

Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by AyamConfidence(m): 9:12am On Mar 11, 2018
PharmaGirl:

Nobody's castigating anyone. I asked because I need answers.
igave you answers based on the Bible up there.....go read along with your Bible....then draw conclusions by yourself
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by ikemesit4477: 9:14am On Mar 11, 2018
SenselessIdiot:
If you believe in miracle then you can believe anything
so you are one of them!
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by AyamConfidence(m): 9:14am On Mar 11, 2018
maasoap:

And if all Muslims could be devoted to preach the Islam like ACADIP, Christians would have all been converted to Islam. Islam, a true way of living.
I do not mean to provoke you but why is the preacher on that poster dressed in Western attires.....I thought it was HARAM in the religion

I do not know....I'm just asking

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by AyamConfidence(m): 9:17am On Mar 11, 2018
Boyooosa:

How can you think cheaply like this? Who is your role model? Where did u read in the bible or anywhere, that Jesus Christ, the Father of all miracles went to a sick bay or mortuary for the purpose of show offs? Guy, you can do better, even life itself is serious... my kobo!
People were brought before Jesus and he healed them ALL....can the same be said about your healers today??

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by itzUrboykally(m): 9:17am On Mar 11, 2018
emeijeh:
I will rephrase Redoil's question.....

Are you sure they are true Christians? When massive alcoholic consumption and fornication is their middle name?
I can tell you with full confidence that Jehovahs witnesses are practicing the true religion, they do not smoke and engage in immorality. They regularly study the bible, and apply what they read in to their personal lives. Of course, they aren't perfect, but they will never imperfection as an excuse for sin. Jehovah is the name of God. Gods kingdom is soon to come and remove all sufferings and death, pains and sorrow. You can be a subject of that kingdom, only give them a chance.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by aftatechbiz(m): 9:18am On Mar 11, 2018
maasoap:

And if all Muslims could be devoted to preach the Islam like ACADIP, Christians would have all been converted to Islam. Islam, a true way of living.
You people are only converting those that are Christians by mouth, the mumu christians. Have you ever converted a Jehovah witness? You cannot and the reason is that they know Bible than your master and any of their so-called pastors.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by zabuur: 9:19am On Mar 11, 2018
Miracles happen to each living being every time.

See how d baby grows right in front of us
See how our plants grow right infront of us
Our eyes, ears, our reflexes, sun rise and sun set, moon, things humans can't control. All these are enough to know these are Miracles.

However, we have to wait for a pastor to raise d dead, heal a mad man etc then we call dt Miracles. We all love to be scammed
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by dogooder: 9:22am On Mar 11, 2018
AyamConfidence:
I do not mean to provoke you but why is the preacher on that poster dressed in Western attires.....I thought it was HARAM in the religion

I do not know....I'm just asking
I wonder o! They call western education, western life haram and yet their religion leaders love living in western worlds, use western gadgets, dress western ways, bunch of mumu.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by youngelder(m): 9:25am On Mar 11, 2018
sabama007:
Religion sha....
Full of hatred, condemnation, battery, sentiment...

if there is Battery, then include charger too...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by ollah2: 9:26am On Mar 11, 2018
sabama007:
Religion sha....

Full of hatred, condemnation, battery, sentiment...

Honestly. Most religious people are filled with exactly what you said.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by dogooder: 9:28am On Mar 11, 2018
PharmaGirl:
I just got to know of this yesterday.

They believe that the power to perform miracles by Christians ended with the first century Christians.
I'm still surprised.

At the same time, must you people come here to say wrong things about Jehovahs Witnesses every week. What you dont know is that the more you think you are destroying them, the more you are promoting them. Satan himself has not succeeded in silencing JW, not to talk of you nairalanders. Keep on doing it, you are just propagating their names indirectly.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Paradise163(f): 9:32am On Mar 11, 2018
maximunimpact:
A JW will rather seek the help of witch doctors than pray for miracle. I was once advised by one JW woman to rub some charms in my lips for job interview success and i looked at her astonishingly but said since am not yet a baptized brother that there's nothing wrong with that.
That is not true Bro but if it’s true that fellow isn’t a Wo Witness

Desist from such people

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by freeeeme(m): 9:35am On Mar 11, 2018
Abi oooo
seunmsg:
It doesn't matter what people believe. Fact is, miracle doesn't happen anywhere except in nollywood movies and church dramas stage managed by pastors. If miracle is real, Ayefele would have been able to walk a long time ago and Cobhams won't still be blind by now.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Teacher1776(m): 9:35am On Mar 11, 2018
PharmaGirl:

They believe that the power to perform miracles by Christians ended with the first century Christians.
I'm still surprised.
They do believe in certain miracles. Like how the activities of a few men over a hundred years ago has increased into millions of adherents. They also believe that your sleeping and waking up each morning is a miracle. That the ability to speed the gospel to the most distant part of the earth is a miracle.
But that it is wrong to unnecessarily raise the hope of believers as if service to God is dependent on supernatural miracles.
Even the devil can perform miracles. (Recall how the Egyptian magicians replicated almost all that Moses performed before pharaoh.)
the lure of miraculous works have lured many from the path of God and have consequently enslaved themselves in the hands of fraudsters.
If miraculous power will persist indefinitely, Jesus would not have asked his disciples to endure trials and persecutions, or even die in the process. Even some of the apostles were not miraculously rescued even when they must have prayed for it.
The witnesses' view is a realistic view.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by eagleonearth(m): 9:36am On Mar 11, 2018
PharmaGirl:

I'm still surprised.
it's a cult, don't be deceived by the "bible" they carry.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by phren: 9:37am On Mar 11, 2018
Hotzone:
I like their style. If all Christians can be devoted to preach the gospel, Muslim would have all been converted to Christianity.
I LOVE JEHOVAH. I LOVE JESUS CHRIST!!!!!
They don't preach to none Christians, they preach their doctrines to other Christians which is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by ednut1(m): 9:39am On Mar 11, 2018
afroniger:
Whether they believe in it or not, the true fact is that most modern day miracles are scams. Any pastor that knows he can perform miracles like in the so-called olden days should go to the hospitals and mortuaries where there are enough infirm and dead people awaiting their 'miracle'. Nonsense.
till they heal cobham, that blind liberian boy in flavours song, yinka adefele, or regrow oscar pistorious limbs na scam

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by aftatechbiz(m): 9:39am On Mar 11, 2018
Teacher1776:

They do believe in certain miracles. Like how the activities of a few men over a hundred years ago has increased into millions of adherents. They also believe that your sleeping and waking up each morning is a miracle. That the ability to speed the gospel to the most distant part of the earth is a miracle.
But that it is wrong to unnecessarily raise the hope of believers as if service to God is dependent on supernatural miracles.
Even the devil can perform miracles. (Recall how the Egyptian magicians replicated almost all that Moses performed before pharaoh.)
the lure of miraculous works have lured many from the path of God and have consequently enslaved themselves in the hands of fraudsters.
If miraculous power will persist indefinitely, Jesus would not have asked his disciples to endure trials and persecutions, or even die in the process. Even some of the apostles were not miraculously rescued even when they must have prayed for it.
The witnesses' view is a realistic view.

Thanks bro
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by PharmaGirl(f): 9:40am On Mar 11, 2018
AyamConfidence:
CAN THE ABILITIES TO PERFORM MIRACLES COME FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE APART FROM GOD?

YES.... remember the case of Moses when he went before Pharaoh .... God directed him to throw down his roof and it became a snake.... the magic priests of Egypt also threw theirs and they became snakes..... by whose power??

Jesus also made it clear that in the last days..."many false Christs and false prophets will arise and give great signs and wonders to mislead if possible, even the chosen ones" (Matt 24:24)

ARE THE MIRACLES BEEN PERFORMED TODAY DONE IN THE SAME WAY JESUS AND HIS EARLY DISCIPLES DID??

COST OF SERVICES: Jesus said at Matthew 10:8 "cute sick people, raise up dead persons, make lepers clean, expel demons.. you received free, give free" ......can that be said of healers today??

RATE OF SUCCESS: Luke 6:19....Jesus healed ALL who came to him...ALL who touched him

Acts 5:15,16.....even Peter's shadow healed people... whatever sickness they brought..."THEY WOULD BE ONE AND ALL CURED"

ARE TRUE CHRISTIANS TODAY IDENTIFIED BY THEIR ABILITY TO DO HEALING?

John 13:34,35.....Jesus clearly stated that love would be the identifying marks of true Christians .....LOVE not ABILITY TO PERFORM MIRACLES

Acts 1:18 shows that Holy Spirit will empower true followers of Christ to preach to the most distant part of the earth

ARE THOSE TWO SCRIPTURES NOT BEEN FULFILLED BY JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES TODAY??

We look forward to a time when healing will be completely performed by God himself.... according to REVELATION 21:1-4.... ISAIAH 25:8 and ISAIAH 33:24

O.P here's plausible reasons why JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES do not align with the healings performed today....I hope this helps

and read your Bible more
OK
Get it
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by aftatechbiz(m): 9:40am On Mar 11, 2018
phren:
They don't preach to none Christians, they preach their doctrines to other Christians which is ridiculous.
Youve just typed fallacy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by rottennaija(m): 9:41am On Mar 11, 2018
IamJix:
Because they don't exist.

Explain
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by rottennaija(m): 9:43am On Mar 11, 2018
Sandas11:

Sweetheart pls do not believe everything u see on the internet. Some people go out of their way to manipulate facts and make things appear the way they really are not. Jehovah's witnesses encourages their members to pray for those in dire circumstances including the sick ones. They believe in miracles, miracles happen everyday. what they don't believe in is "faith healing". They also encourage their members to seek the best medical care when they are sick. Even then, as a matter of fact, taking drugs is not a guarantee, it's only the grace of God that can make you functional again.. That sweetheart, is a miracle in itself...

You know the miracle she is talking about. The sort done during the time of Jesus and the apostles
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by rottennaija(m): 9:46am On Mar 11, 2018
dudebuck:
JWs of course believe in miracles
but definitely not the type you see on TV donr by pastorprenuers

Did you know? While Jesus performed miracles, many of the pharisees believe it was stage manage?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by kentur: 9:47am On Mar 11, 2018
once attended a service earlier this year. The head Pastor preached to his congregation about a miraculous and fruitful 2018 . He started by praying for them, then asked the congregants to come forward and he anointed their hands with oil.
After anointing he prayed again for them for a blessed and fruitful year. He then asked them to give offering with the anointed hands if they want to be blessed this year . he laid to much emphasis on the offerings and miracles

Does it mean that the prayers he said are useless without the anointing, without the offerings?.

people are truly being deceived in the name of Christian religion. The only way to get people to follow you is by assuring them things they can't offer themselves which MOST pastors do by way of MIRACLES. Unfortunately most churches today are money conscious and in a bid to get lot of it the pastors employed deception inform of MIRACLES the sources of which is unknown to the followers

At the same time I've been opportune to speak with witnesses. They believe in maracles and they believe that God has the power to heal but then again they follow bible principles.

they believe we live in the end times which they refer to as the last days and the Bible says in the last days fake\false prophets shall come forth.To them its better not to be healed than be enslaved by satan.
So therefore they do not perform miracles,pay tithe or offering. They strong believe in the book of JAMES 4:8 meaning "YOU DON'T NEED A PASTOR TO BECOME GODS FRIEND"

Christian religion is the greatest scam in human history with exception of JW and few others.
You need to listen to them without criticism

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by ClassyJay(m): 9:48am On Mar 11, 2018
We do believe that miracles happen,even jesus,the christ,the prophets of old performed miracles..but the bible help us to know that these miracles,prophecy and speaking in tongues will cease-1stcorinthians13:8-13
The bible refers to them as things that are "partial" and that when what is "complete"comes this "partial things" will cease,thats why we dont believe in the miracles happening today cos they are fake but we believe that when we ask for Jehovah's help through prayers and with praise he will help us..you can learn more from our website www.jw.org

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Mekanus(m): 9:49am On Mar 11, 2018
Somehow I just like this jw set of Christians, they are more realistic.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Lildoks(m): 9:50am On Mar 11, 2018
Redoil:
Are they christian
They dont pray together with other christians.
They dont mingle with other christian.
To they believe that they are the only people who will go to paradaise
U are absolutely wrong. I am a Muslim and a big fan of JW publications so I know a bit about them and all u wrote there are false

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by andycom(m): 9:50am On Mar 11, 2018
emeijeh:

Are you sure they are true Christians? When massive alcoholic consumption and fornication is their middle name?

Apostate that's what you are. any day you change this your awkward mentality, that's the day you'll grow as a human being
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Etuagievin(m): 9:53am On Mar 11, 2018
Redoil:
Are they christian
They dont pray together with other christians.
They dont mingle with other christian.
To they believe that they are the only people who will go to paradaise
. They are. They try to hold on to Christ precious teachings as found in the bible

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Lovine: 9:55am On Mar 11, 2018
They believe in magic and juju
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by andycom(m): 9:55am On Mar 11, 2018
maximunimpact:
A JW will rather seek the help of witch doctors than pray for miracle. I was once advised by one JW woman to rub some charms in my lips for job interview success and i looked at her astonishingly but said since am not yet a baptized brother that there's nothing wrong with that.

Lie of the century
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Etuagievin(m): 9:56am On Mar 11, 2018
emeijeh:

. Massive! How massive? Well, if any member is found flounting Gods law he/she is disciplined. This is a far cry from what obtains in so many churches who condone those nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Celestial Pastor Who Chained Son Arrested / Is Your Name In The Book Of Life? / "Footprint of God" Found In South Africa (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.