Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,758 members, 7,955,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:42 PM

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (33435 Views)

Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:45am On Mar 14, 2018
Maximus85:

I'm sorry sir, but I really cant get hold of anything serious from all you've typed. But tell us one of the non Biblical teachings sir.

Saying the gift of performing miracles ended with the first century Christians.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:51am On Mar 14, 2018
Maximus85:

LOL, cults have secrets. Their meetings are held in secret places, they don't go about preaching. Let's be sincere sir.

That means you believe in nollywood definition of cult. There are secret cults and there are open cults. Yes cult members can meet in open places. Look for the definition and criteria for a group being labelled as a cult. Have you ever heard of the BITE model? Any group that has significant influence on your BEHAVIOR INTELLIGENCE THOUGHTS AND EMOTIONS is termed a cult. I advice you to look up BITE model. You will know that having secretive meetings doesn't identify a group as a cult.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Palaceboiz(m): 8:57am On Mar 14, 2018
Ma b z dere ways of triditon.
Redoil:
Are they christian
They dont pray together with other christians.
They dont mingle with other christian.
To they believe that they are the only people who will go to paradaise
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 9:16am On Mar 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

That means you believe in nollywood definition of cult. There are secret cults and there are open cults. Yes cult members can meet in open places. Look for the definition and criteria for a group being labelled as a cult. Have you ever heard of the BITE model? Any group that has significant influence on your BEHAVIOR INTELLIGENCE THOUGHTS AND EMOTIONS is termed a cult. I advice you to look up BITE model. You will know that having secretive meetings doesn't identify a group as a cult.

Does your church or your daddy GOs have a significant influence on your BEHAVIOR INTELLIGENCE, THOUGHTS AND EMOTIONS?
Oya, I'm waiting for your answer. Pls I need a yes or no answer?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:18am On Mar 14, 2018
Maximus85:

Does your church or your daddy GOs have a significant influence on your BEHAVIOR INTELLIGENCE, THOUGHTS AND EMOTIONS?
No
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 9:22am On Mar 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

No

LOL. How dyu feel telling that fat lie in public? Dyu feel good? I'm done with you.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:34am On Mar 14, 2018
Maximus85:

My pastor or GO has never said he or she or the church is the only means of salvation or he or she doesn't claim to be the only channel of communication between God and man today. He or she doesn't preach that if I don't follow their teaching I am an apostate or they don't tell my family and friends in the same church to shun me if I don't believe. They have never said I will go to hellfire or be slaughtered in Armageddon because I didn't follow their teachings or Bible interpretation. They will never disfellowship me for breaking their own man made rules. They have no business in the number of hours I put into serving my God or serving the Church. They never preach to me that those who don't belong to their church and follow their beliefs will be slaughtered by their God. They have never classified their non members as worldly, wicked or unrighteous.

They don't have a say in my getting a higher education in fact they encourage me to go to school and get a full time job. You can leave their church anytime you like. No one will shun you. They have never claimed that they alone worldwide preach the truth.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 9:39am On Mar 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Tell us where the bible said that the gift of performing miracles ended with the first century Christians. Till then your religion is the biggest scam on earth.

Scamming 8 million people that the world will soon end as 8billion will be slaughtered by their Jehovah so 8 million people will take over because they belong to watchtower and follow governing body bible misinterpretation is the biggest lie ever told to anybody. See who they call pastors scammers na him dey for inside the scam.

Jesus’ miracles helped observers to identify him as the Messiah.
When Christianity was young, miracles worked in conjunction with the message to help individuals to see that God was behind Christianity and had turned from the earlier Jewish system of things.

With all the miracles performed by Jesus, millions of people still didn't believe in him.

The motive of the individual performing the miracle should never be for selfish prominence of the individual or to make anyone wealthy, but it was primarily to glorify God. But today, they do it to gather crowd.

No miracle performed in the Bible was ever doubted or judged to be fake.

How many times did you hear any apostle of Jesus or Jesus himself advertise the miracles they perform? What of today? At the back of their tracts, you see bunch of funny testimonies. They were even caught recently editing and repeating the testimonies.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:46am On Mar 14, 2018
Maximus85:

LOL. How dyu feel telling that fat lie in public? Dyu feel good? I'm done with you.

Why do you even think I am lying? You believe other churches are like the bondage you call organization? You have not still mentioned the bible passage that said that only first century Christians had the gift of performing miracles.

You put yourself in life long bondage because some men heading a new York based publishing company keep telling you that the end is close and their jehovah will spare you because you belong to their incoporated organization while he will commit the greatest mass murder/genocide ever known to man so you will be petting lions and tigers in your imaginary new world.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:58am On Mar 14, 2018
Maximus85:

When Christianity was young, miracles worked in conjunction with the message to help individuals to see that God was behind Christianity and had turned from the earlier Jewish system of things.

With all the miracles performed by Jesus, millions of people still didn't believe in him.

The motive of the individual performing the miracle should never be for selfish prominence of the individual or to make anyone wealthy, but it was primarily to glorify God. But today, they do it to gather crowd.

How many times did you hear any apostle of Jesus or Jesus himself advertise the miracles they perform? What of today? At the back of their tracts, you see bunch of funny testimonies. They were even caught recently editing and repeating the testimonies.

Bible passage saying only the first century christians had the gift of performing miracles you can't even mention. To hide your non biblical teaching you start saying bad and evil things about other churches to shift the topic in another direction and to make your religion look good.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:08am On Mar 14, 2018
Maximus85:

How many times did you here that the apostles used magazines to spread the gospel or use internet?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 12:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Why do you even think I am lying? You believe other churches are like the bondage you call organization? You have not still mentioned the bible passage that said that only first century Christians had the gift of performing miracles.

You put yourself in life long bondage because some men heading a new York based publishing company keep telling you that the end is close and their jehovah will spare you because you belong to their incoporated organization while he will commit the greatest mass murder/genocide ever known to man so you will be petting lions and tigers in your imaginary new world.

LOL, let me shock you again. That you're one of Jehovah's Witnesses does not guarantee you eternal life. We study the Bible sir. Zephaniah 2:3 kjv
3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD’S anger. Can you see the probability here? Even if you're righteous or meek, that you will be saved in the day of God's anger is still a probability.

You can only do your best as imperfect human to please God. But God is the only one that can judge you good or bad. There are things you are doing that in your honest imperfect mind you think you're doing what is right but in front of God, it is wrong.

You really need to know these people before you castigate them sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 12:13pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

How many times did you here that the apostles used magazines to spread the gospel or use internet?

LOL, there are no magazines then, but there are scrolls. They used scrolls. Jesus used scrolls.

Maybe you should tell us to where in the Bible they collect tithe every month and where Jesus and his disciples live in mansions, ride bulletproof cars and fly private jets to spread the gospel. Or where gate fee is being collected at the church gates. We are waiting sir.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 12:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

My pastor or GO has never said he or she or the church is the only means of salvation or he or she doesn't claim to be the only channel of communication between God and man today. He or she doesn't preach that if I don't follow their teaching I am an apostate or they don't tell my family and friends in the same church to shun me if I don't believe. They have never said I will go to hellfire or be slaughtered in Armageddon because I didn't follow their teachings or Bible interpretation. They will never disfellowship me for breaking their own man made rules. They have no business in the number of hours I put into serving my God or serving the Church. They never preach to me that those who don't belong to their church and follow their beliefs will be slaughtered by their God. They have never classified their non members as worldly, wicked or unrighteous.

They don't have a say in my getting a higher education in fact they encourage me to go to school and get a full time job. You can leave their church anytime you like. No one will shun you. They have never claimed that they alone worldwide preach the truth.

Once again, you lie and you have no meaningful point. You don't even know Jehovah's Witnesses. If you do, you won't even mention hell fire when you are talking about us.

Nobody says you can't have higher education? I have a degree and a diploma and nobody has pointed any finger at me.

See apostle Paul, he was a trained lawyer, but in the end, it was useless to him. He ended up making tents for a living.

How many of us are sure of getting a job after graduation sir? Let say realistically 1 out of 10 and that is if you know people. Considering all the immorality in the higher institutions, JW thought that it could be safer if we can avoid higher education and adopt handwork skills that would afford us enough time for our family and for our preaching.

As hard as it may sound, this life is vanity upon vanity. Your wealth or loads of degrees cannot guarantee you happiness, long life and eternal life.

The Bible say that we should not store our treasures here on earth where thieves can get to it but we should store it in heaven.

That is what many of us JWs are doing. People see us as stupid but it's OK. Once we have food, clothing and shelter, we are OK. We can then use most of our time slaving for God.

And Jesus is our only channel to God. He is our only hope of salvation. Get that right.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
Maximus85:

LOL, there are no magazines then, but there are scrolls. They used scrolls. Jesus used scrolls.

Maybe you should tell us to where in the Bible they collect tithe every month and where Jesus and his disciples live in mansions, ride bulletproof cars and fly private jets to spread the gospel. Or where gate fee is being collected at the church gates. We are waiting sir.
You are using scrolls to give excuse for using magazine and internet whereas you call christians using tracts fraudulent. You are a hypocrite.

Maybe you should show the place where they told us that we should donate to an organization, tell people not to go to university but instead go to bethel headquarters to become bricklayers, maids, window washers to the leaders of a religious organization, tell me where God said his leaders in new York will fly first class, wear designer clothes and accessories or use fancy cars.
Tell me where God said children should donate their ice cream money to an organization.
Tell me where god said his leaders will leave in expensive sea side apartments and their followers will share rooms?
Tell me where God said that we should Donate to an organization and the organization will decide what to use the money for

Since You can't show us where the bible said that the gift of performing miracles ended with the first century Christians you resort to saying evil about other religions forgetting your own religion is the master of scam in the world.
You say people in your religion donate voluntarily whereas you constantly remind them to donate, you tell them what to donate and how to donate. Pot calling kettle black.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
Maximus85:

Once again, you lie and you have no meaningful point. You don't even know Jehovah's Witnesses. If you do, you won't even mention hell fire when you are talking about us.

My leaders don't threaten me that I will go to hellfire or die in Armageddon if I don't obey them.
I know Jehovah's witnesses are constantly reminded of death that awaits them alongside non jws when they leave watchtower. You wan start to lie abi?

Nobody says you can't have higher education? I have a degree and a diploma and nobody has pointed any finger at me.
If your leaders didn't have a problem with higher education they would never discourage it.

See apostle Paul, he was a trained lawyer, but in the end, it was useless to him. He ended up making tents for a living.
Show me a passage that said Paul was a lawyer but in the end it was useless to him. I guess this is one of your assumptions.

How many of us are sure of getting a job after graduation sir? Let say realistically 1 out of 10 and that is if you know people.

So you people have to lie to discourage people from getting higher education. I know it's only watchtower that has this statistics. You lie big big lie. Your religion has turned you into a liar. Just to make your beliefs acceptable you have to lie.
Reference your statistics. Your leaders are liars. Putting fear in peoples mind so as to make them not acquire a degree. Liar liar leaders

Considering all the immorality in the higher institutions, JW thought that it could be safer if we can avoid higher education and adopt handwork skills that would afford us enough time for our family and for our preaching.

You have to lie to make your assumptions look good. I need reference. Why do your leaders point out the little bad side of things and generalize it? Your leaders are cunning and deceitful. They just don't want you guys to have sense so the brainwashing will be more intense. Always holding on to the bad things about something. The good things about higher education they completely ignore. The advantages of getting a higher education far outweighs the disadvantages. Come here to talk of immortality whereas your church records having pedophilles in their midst.

All this one to avoid bringing out the passage that said the gift of performing miracles ended with the first century Christians.

As hard as it may sound, this life is vanity upon vanity. Your wealth or loads of degrees cannot guarantee you happiness, long life and eternal life.
This life is worth living well. You put all your hope on an earth where the Jehovah would have come to slaughter 8 billion after which he would allow 8million inherit the earth. Smh.

The Bible say that we should not store our treasures here on earth where thieves can get to it but we should store it in heaven.
Is it not earth you're staying in? Have you become anointed or are you a governing body member? When the heaven become your home? Is it not paradise earth?

That is what many of us JWs are doing. People see us as stupid but it's OK. Once we have food, clothing and shelter, we are OK. We can then use most of our time slaving for God.

Nobody sees you as stupid. Enough of the persecution complex. You are in bondage and you are slaving for a publishing company not God. You won't be finding it diff

And Jesus is our only channel to God. He is our only hope of salvation. Get that right.
The last time I checked the governing body members were the fds and the only channel of communication between God and man.
I ain't a gullible human being
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by rottennaija(m): 1:27pm On Mar 17, 2018
dudebuck:
No you are the one who is missing the point. Any pastor that says he or she is from God because he is performing miracles is not realy from God, either it is fake or the source of the power is from another place, definitely not from God, why? The Bible made it clear that the ability to perform powerful works will be done away with. Infact 1 Corinthians 13 made it very clear, that the mark of True Christians is if they have love among themselves, initially powerful works were used to convince people that God was with a particular person, but when the Knowledge is complete, it will no longer feature on the menu, at the time Apostle Paul wrote that letter, Bible was not yet complete, in fact that letter is part of the Bible. One thing true followers of Christ can have among themselves is love, but followers of the devil cannot have love among themselves, even the magic practicing priests of Egypt changed their staff to snakes in imitation of Moses.
John 13: 35 Says "by this all will knkw you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.

The spiritual gift spoken of in the Bible emcompases many things. Healing, prophecies, faith, speech of knowledge, speech of wisdom, powerful works etc. These were all gift of the spirit Jesus gave.

But the purpose of the gift was to help the church or body of christ, or as New world translation says, was " given to each one for a beneficial purpose" (1 Co 12:7).

It seems that they were some problems within the Christian church or congregation in Corinth. It seems some were seeing themselves to be more important than others based on what spiritual gift they had and it was causing some division among them. So, the apostles laboured to help them see that all these gift were for the benefit of one another. He compared each member of the congregation to a body, all are important, and all needs each other. (please read 1 Co 12)

Though all these member had one gift of another, not all could have the same gift. Some were apostles, some prophets, some teachers etc. But there was one thing all all could, which is love. So, in 1 Corinthians 13, the apostles Paul is reminding them that no matter which gift they had or did not have, they would be nothing without love.

To the main question, when were these spiritual gift to end?

The Bible says:

"Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, to think as a child, to reason as a child; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a child. 12 For now we see in hazy outline* by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face-to-face. At present I know partially, but then I will know accurately, just as I am accurately known. 13 Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Co 13: 8-13 (New world Translation)

Now. Notice what the apostles said will be gone. Gift of prophecy, tongues, knowledge. (Notice there is no mention of powerful works, Healing, faith, speech of wisdom.)

But of course, when watchtower and Jws speaks of gift that were done away with, healing, powerful works, prophecies are all included.

Question is, how about knowledge? Because the scriptures said, it too would be done away with. How about faith, speech of knowledge, speech of wisdom? As we read in 1 Co 12: 1 - 11, they are all included among the gift of the spirit. Or are we then to believe that these too had been done away as we now have the complete Bible?

Now, to the main point. Pay particular attention to verses 9, 10, 12 and 13. Apostle Paul wrote: "9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with...12 For now we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face-to-face. At present I know partially, but then I will know accurately, just as I am accurately known."

Noticed that in verse he said," we see in hazy outline" ("Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror," New Living Translation). He said specifically, "At present I know partially, but then I will know accurately, just as I am accurately known.

The apostles Paul is no more with us. But we have the complete Bible. So, of the scriptures in question was referring to the complete Bible, it can be asked, how does the apostles Paul see "know accurately" today?

The answer is, it was not referring to the complete Bible as watchtower would have is believed. Rather, something better, something future. Notice how New Living Translation renders the said verses:

1 Corinthians 13:8 "Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear. 9 Now we know only a little, and even the gift of prophecy reveals little! 10 But when the end comes, these special gifts will all disappear." other translations uses the expression such as perfect (ESV)

I have been a jw for many years. And when quest arises concerning this spiritual gift, i responded the same way I have been taught to respond. The problem was, I never actually took time to read the said scriptures with its surroundings verses. It was when I delivered the talk entitled "Love, the identifying mark of true Christian"

That was when I really took time to read the said scriptures and it all became clear to me. Of course, after that talk, I decided that I would never represent the organization anymore and since then, I have never mount the platform.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by rottennaija(m): 1:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Nobody sees you as stupid. Enough of the persecution complex. You are in bondage and you are slaving for a publishing company not God. You won't be finding it diff

You missed to include that they see everyone else that is not jw as stupid, not knowledgeable about God, not worthy of salvation unless they become JWs, not knowing God's will etc

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 29, 2018
Miracles were for some purposes,if someone don't know the purpose of something such a person could overdo or miss out totally from it's benefits.According to Jesus Christians would perform miracles for some reasons (1)to help honest hearted ones IDENTIFY those that will complete all other useful info God wants to pass to mankind since HIS son couldn't complete the info within His short lifespan on the Earth as a man. (2) to help during the time the info is given eg they spoke in tongues to reach out to none Jews, they received most info through visions,(3) Some of them escaped execution miraculously to complete their assignments (4) God's Holy Spirit reminded them of all that Jesus said and to relate them to the old scriptures. But towards the completion of the Bible they gradually performed no more miraculous signs, and after the Bible was completed all those things seized. 1Corinthians 13:8-13 That's why the closest religions to the first century Christians who were claiming Christianity don't perform miracles! Jesus warned that during the last days when lawlessness will abound,false prophets will perform great signs that's powerful enough to confuse Saints (Holy Ones) This indicates that these so called Saints won't be performing any signs at the time because if they do there can't be any fake miracles that will confuse them. God is still God no doubt but as for continuous signs to impress people HE is no more giving such, it's left to those with eyes of Faith to display their love for HIM by waiting patiently for HIS promises.1Corinthians 13:13 compare to Matthew 12:39

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2018
Riofidelio:
Miracles were for some purposes,if someone don't know the purpose of something such a person could overdo or miss out totally from it's benefits.According to Jesus Christians would perform miracles for some reasons (1)to help honest hearted ones IDENTIFY those that will complete all other useful info God wants to pass to mankind since HIS son couldn't complete the info within His short lifespan on the Earth as a man. (2) to help during the time the info is given eg they spoke in tongues to reach out to none Jews, they received most info through visions,(3) Some of them escaped execution miraculously to complete their assignments (4) God's Holy Spirit reminded them of all that Jesus said and to relate them to the old scriptures. But towards the completion of the Bible they gradually performed no more miraculous signs, and after the Bible was completed all those things seized. 1Corinthians 13:8-13 That's why the closest religions to the first century Christians who were claiming Christianity don't perform miracles! Jesus warned that during the last days when lawlessness will abound,false prophets will perform great signs that's powerful enough to confuse Saints (Holy Ones) This indicates that these so called Saints won't be performing any signs at the time because if they do there can't be any fake miracles that will confuse them. God is still God no doubt but as for continuous signs to impress people HE is no more giving such, it's left to those with eyes of Faith to display their love for HIM by waiting patiently for HIS promises.1Corinthians 13:13 compare to Matthew 12:39

So at the end of the day there isn't any Bible passage that said miracles ended with the first century. Your explanation is basically an assumption. Therefore your belief is a lie. Just to air your non biblical view you try to combine 2 unrelated verses in the Bible. You quote a verse out of the context in which it was used in the Bible.
Your religion is a big joke. In fact it's a scam and racket.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 29, 2018
LordKingsley:
Is this what the Bible refers to as 'having a form of godliness but denying its power?'
(Having a form of godly devotion but denying it's power) 2Timothy 3:5 When people meet together for worship but the effect of their faith is not seen in their attitudes and behavior, for example Christians are to have love amongst themselves (John 13:35) Many claiming Christians can't relate as brothers with other Christians from another country, they're supposed to champion Jesus' thoughts but they're far from living in accord with Jesus' teachings, they claim they're performing miracles yet they've got no sacred services having to do with Jesus commands (go and preach) Matthew 28:19/20,they want to go to heaven but they're desperate for material things that can't go with them, they keep disturbing others with noise in the name of prayer but Jesus taught prayers to be indoors. All of these and many more are "having a form of godliness but proving false to it's power"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

So at the end of the day there isn't any Bible passage that said miracles ended with the first century. Your explanation is basically an assumption. Therefore your belief is a lie. Just to air your non biblical view you try to combine 2 unrelated verses in the Bible. You quote a verse out of the context in which it was used in the Bible.
Your religion is a big joke. In fact it's a scam and racket.
It's OK! We're just giving opinions here we're not judging anyone as the question suggests "why don't......believe in miracles today?" If you still believe in miracles today nobody should stop you from doing so and if you choose not to nobody should force you to believe it. The Bible book of Galatians 5:22/23 settled this by pointing out the COMPULSORY things that a Christian group must Cherish and in conclusion Apostle Paul said "against such there is NO LAW" meaning if these nine qualities of the fruit is found in a religion then such a religion is OK!
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 29, 2018
[quote author=rottennaija post=65915824][/quote] It's like the Israelites of ancient times were also accused the same way! They don't believe any other people know anything about God, they believe every other nation must come to worship with them for divine approval,they don't engage in any sacred services with other nations,they don't see laws of other nations as reasonable. Jesus even claimed that Jews were right all along (John 4:22) Jesus also referred to none Jews as dogs( Mark 7:27/28) So if a religious group is having the same line of thought today while others have formed alliance to hate them(matthew 10:22) i suggest a honest hearted person should make a thorough research on their beliefs !
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by prinzfavian(m): 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2018
Wow, the hatred for Jw is really great here...
The hairy guy up there is really angry, lol. I can understand, these are critical times hard to deal with. Well,
Just have a little patience dear, this system is almost done, you'll see for yourself who is lying, who is in bondage and who is the scam....
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by prinzfavian(m): 6:50pm On Mar 29, 2018
rottennaija:

The spiritual gift spoken of in the Bible emcompases many things. Healing, prophecies, faith, speech of knowledge, speech of wisdom, powerful works etc. These were all gift of the spirit Jesus gave.

But the purpose of the gift was to help the church or body of christ, or as New world translation says, was " given to each one for a beneficial purpose" (1 Co 12:7).

It seems that they were some problems within the Christian church or congregation in Corinth. It seems some were seeing themselves to be more important than others based on what spiritual gift they had and it was causing some division among them. So, the apostles laboured to help them see that all these gift were for the benefit of one another. He compared each member of the congregation to a body, all are important, and all needs each other. (please read 1 Co 12)

Though all these member had one gift of another, not all could have the same gift. Some were apostles, some prophets, some teachers etc. But there was one thing all all could, which is love. So, in 1 Corinthians 13, the apostles Paul is reminding them that no matter which gift they had or did not have, they would be nothing without love.

To the main question, when were these spiritual gift to end?

The Bible says:

"Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, to think as a child, to reason as a child; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a child. 12 For now we see in hazy outline* by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face-to-face. At present I know partially, but then I will know accurately, just as I am accurately known. 13 Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Co 13: 8-13 (New world Translation)

Now. Notice what the apostles said will be gone. Gift of prophecy, tongues, knowledge. (Notice there is no mention of powerful works, Healing, faith, speech of wisdom.)

But of course, when watchtower and Jws speaks of gift that were done away with, healing, powerful works, prophecies are all included.

Question is, how about knowledge? Because the scriptures said, it too would be done away with. How about faith, speech of knowledge, speech of wisdom? As we read in 1 Co 12: 1 - 11, they are all included among the gift of the spirit. Or are we then to believe that these too had been done away as we now have the complete Bible?

Now, to the main point. Pay particular attention to verses 9, 10, 12 and 13. Apostle Paul wrote: "9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with...12 For now we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face-to-face. At present I know partially, but then I will know accurately, just as I am accurately known."

Noticed that in verse he said," we see in hazy outline" ("Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror," New Living Translation). He said specifically, "At present I know partially, but then I will know accurately, just as I am accurately known.

The apostles Paul is no more with us. But we have the complete Bible. So, of the scriptures in question was referring to the complete Bible, it can be asked, how does the apostles Paul see "know accurately" today?

The answer is, it was not referring to the complete Bible as watchtower would have is believed. Rather, something better, something future. Notice how New Living Translation renders the said verses:

1 Corinthians 13:8 "Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear. 9 Now we know only a little, and even the gift of prophecy reveals little! 10 But when the end comes, these special gifts will all disappear." other translations uses the expression such as perfect (ESV)

I have been a jw for many years. And when quest arises concerning this spiritual gift, i responded the same way I have been taught to respond. The problem was, I never actually took time to read the said scriptures with its surroundings verses. It was when I delivered the talk entitled "Love, the identifying mark of true Christian"

That was when I really took time to read the said scriptures and it all became clear to me. Of course, after that talk, I decided that I would never represent the organization anymore and since then, I have never mount the platform.
Lol...
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2018
tytachile:
theybelieve in another Jesus and not the one christains believe also what they believe about the Jesus of christains is totally wrong. So they dont believe in hell but except any of them repents they are hell bound!
The Bible is clear concerning what happens at death, Adam and Eve were the first couple to sin,they were perfect and had no excuse to disobey God, these couple along with Satan were condemned as rebels, their punishment is death meaning they can't live forever as God initially planned for them, after death they'll return to nonexistence and their bodies become dust. The idea of punishing the soul or spirit of the dead originates from the old greek philosophers and because greece once ruled the world it spread to all other forms of religion. Roman Catholic Church was the first religion claiming Christianity after the death of the Apostles, they also joined in the ideology of punishment in hell(grave) but today even the Pope is saying it publicly that torment in hell was bought and not a biblical teaching! Jehovah's witnesses are dedicated to research for the truth that's why they're setting the pace to discovering false teachings and doctrines!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Shally2: 10:58pm On Mar 29, 2018
All the miracles you see on Television today are all lFAKE!!! How do you expect people to accept that? Go and find out from those who help to organize those things. Fake! Fake!! Fake!!!
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 2:48am On Mar 30, 2018
Maximus85:

How many of us are sure of getting a job after graduation sir? Let say realistically 1 out of 10 and that is if you know people. Considering all the immorality in the higher institutions, JW thought that it could be safer if we can avoid higher education and adopt handwork skills that would afford us enough time for our family and for our preaching.

"Then forward you witnesses ever strong of heart,rejoice that in God's work you too may have a part, go tell far and wide that the Paradise is here and that soon it's rich blessings will be here!"
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 3:02am On Mar 30, 2018
prinzfavian:
Wow, the hatred for Jw is really great here...
The hairy guy up there is really angry, lol. I can understand, these are critical times hard to deal with. Well,
Just have a little patience dear, this system is almost done, you'll see for yourself who is lying, who is in bondage and who is the scam....
What baffles me is how they've remained completely inactive in the work of the Lord despite all the "miracles" their leaders are stage managing to extort money from them. Only Jehovah's witnesses who don't believe in miracles are ACTIVE in doing what Jesus commanded (Matthew 28:19/20) One of them asked me 'why is it that Jesus commanded all Christians to preach and teach but it's only you JWs that's up and doing in the work?' i looked intently at him and gave him a direct answer 'the Holy Spirit is not in your midst!' ���

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 3:22am On Mar 30, 2018
prinzfavian:

Lol...
The Bible was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if anyone reading is not in agreement with the Spirit surely such a person can't understand the message! JWs claimed that all the gifts will seize but many are of the contrary opinion, so let's reason together. Why is it that Jesus never prescribe any remedy for ailments but during the life of His powerful Apostles Paul prescribed alcoholic beverages for Timothy's sickness? Why is it that Jesus calm the storm but His Apostles experienced a shipwreck that almost claim their lives? Why is it that right from the death of the last Apostle there wasn't any more historical records of miracles and even the first religious groups claiming Christians like Catholics, Anglicans,Methodists,Presebitarians,Missionaries and the rest performed no miracles until early 20th century when false prophets increased in number? Where are the magicians today or magicians have gone into extinct? What's the meaning of Paul's record at 2Corinthians 11:13-15? Please these are SOLID food for thought!
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 30, 2018
Throughout the world people respect Obafemi Awolowo,Nnamdi Azikiwe,Nelson Mandela. Please if you're honesthearted just Google what these respected men have to say about JWs then you can continue with what your Religious leaders have to say against JWs.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 7:51am On Mar 30, 2018
Riofidelio:
"Then forward you witnesses ever strong of heart,rejoice that in God's work you too may have a part, go tell far and wide that the Paradise is here and that soon it's rich blessings will be here!"

Hello my brother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Prophet George Fakolade: "Fashola Will Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" / Faith Oyedepo Celebrates Her 60th Birthday (Photos) / "Marry Your Best Friend" - Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe Speaks On His Marital Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.