Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (33432 Views)

Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Godssword1(m): 9:56am On Mar 11, 2018
They need true salvation

Get God's transforming Word @ https://www.purityposts.com
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Lildoks(m): 9:57am On Mar 11, 2018
maximunimpact:
A JW will rather seek the help of witch doctors than pray for miracle. I was once advised by one JW woman to rub some charms in my lips for job interview success and i looked at her astonishingly but said since am not yet a baptized brother that there's nothing wrong with that.
Lies. A true JW won't tell u that. Are there not Christians and Muslims who visit native doctors even when they portray being righteous and religious to the society,?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by rottennaija(m): 9:57am On Mar 11, 2018
Konye1:
Jehovah witness are evidence based people. They try to use science to explain everything.

God doesn't work like that, God says believe and you shall see.

Jehovahs witness says "See then believe" they do not believe anything unless there is a scientific explanation for it

That my friend is not all true. The parent organization of jehovah's witnesses deliberately uses misleading information and sometimes outdated science to misinformed their members, especially in discussions of evolution and blood transfusion. To know how that is done, pls go through this

http://ajwrb.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/blood-misrepresented-2005-kerry-louderback-wood-1.pdf

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/misquotes-deception-lies.php

http://avoidjw.org/en/truth-or-lies/quote-misquote/
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 11, 2018
people still believes in miracle... like concrete miracle... chai! see what nollywood has caused. a generation that is not smart. no wonder the whites still see africans as lower animals.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Lildoks(m): 10:01am On Mar 11, 2018
Konye1:
Jehovah witness are evidence based people. They try to use science to explain everything.

God doesn't work like that, God says believe and you shall see.

Jehovahs witness says "See then believe" they do not believe anything unless there is a scientific explanation for it
You are mostly wrong. They try to find a common ground between the Bible and science. Making it facts. Revealing that things are just discovered by science today have been talked about in the Bible years ago. In fact they criticise science and scientist when the need arises especially in the issue of Evolution theory

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by phren: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2018
PharmaGirl:
I just got to know of this yesterday.

They believe that the power to perform miracles by Christians ended with the first century Christians.
I'm still surprised.
The reason simple, they do not understand the gospel of JESUS CHRIST which is clearly stated in John 10:10 and JESUS further says that as The Father sent Him so did He send US. Therefore, if u understand this why would you find it difficult to understand that the people you want to lead to CHRIST may be oppressed and need to be delivered? By doing that, you are not only opposing the truth but opposing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Etuagievin(m): 10:09am On Mar 11, 2018
Modern miracles by so called faith healers are stage-managed, make- believe. I wonder why people fail to see through their nose. Why not have a physically challenged person walk up to a supposed healer(pastor )uninformed and request for healing .see whether you will get any answer.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by phren: 10:11am On Mar 11, 2018
KKKWHITE:
Because 95% of present day miracles are fake And also 1 Corinthians 13:8
if this is the reason, then it is lack of wisdom. If 95% of present day miracles are fake, then come up with the real one, as simple as that.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Etuagievin(m): 10:12am On Mar 11, 2018
At John 13:34, 35; jesus said love is the identifying feature or mark of his disciples not miracles
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by lastchild: 10:12am On Mar 11, 2018
emeijeh:
I will rephrase Redoil's question.....

Are you sure they are true Christians? When massive alcoholic consumption and fornication is their middle name?
I've heard this severally, is it part of their belief?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by afroniger: 10:13am On Mar 11, 2018
Boyooosa:

Don't hide your face, talk to me. I asked a question and still repeating it cos I want to know: who is ur role model, what is the source of your orientation?
MW, I gave u DAT kobo cos millions, I don't have, pounds I don't have. But the only value i can add to ur life is to advise you to sit tight, life itself is serious.

Will you get the hell out of my mention. What are you feeling like? Who are you that I should 'talk' to you or tell you who my role model is? Do I look like one of your fellow sheeples that you think you can intimidate with your religious bull crap? Abeg bounce off my mention.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by AyamConfidence(m): 10:15am On Mar 11, 2018
dogooder:

I wonder o! They call western education, western life haram and yet their religion leaders love living in western worlds, use western gadgets, dress western ways, bunch of mumu.
inasmuch as I want to agree wholeheartedly with you....I'm also very careful not to condemn people too much even with insults

truth is hypocrisy abounds in religion as the Devil has decided to transform himself into an angel of light in order to deceive many.... unfortunately most people are not able to recognize his schemes
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by AyamConfidence(m): 10:17am On Mar 11, 2018
PharmaGirl:

OK
Get it
please read those scriptures quoted there.... they'll help you understand the truth from the Bible

also i want you to make sure of all things....yes...learn to find out facts and reasons for actions ......Do not let your beliefs be influenced by hearsay......I think you get my point
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by unitysheart(m): 10:18am On Mar 11, 2018
PharmaGirl:

This is serious.

U dey listen to that guy? I'm a Jehovah's Witness, but a singular act by one person's n isn't enough to conclude over all others.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by AyamConfidence(m): 10:20am On Mar 11, 2018
Chikita66:
My own is why don't they recognize government or sing national anthem?
have you calmed down to ask why

and have you been humble enough to listen and gain more knowledge??

I could help you understand if you WANT TO learn but if you want to argue......Na reverse I dey so ooo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by AyamConfidence(m): 10:22am On Mar 11, 2018
lastchild:
I've heard this severally, is it part of their belief?
you have heard

have you tried to confirm the truth??

hearsay will put lots of people in trouble......look for facts...not stories you hear
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by AyamConfidence(m): 10:23am On Mar 11, 2018
phren:
The reason simple, they do not understand the gospel of JESUS CHRIST which is clearly stated in John 10:10 and JESUS further says that as The Father sent Him so did He send US. Therefore, if u understand this why would you find it difficult to understand that the people you want to lead to CHRIST may be oppressed and need to be delivered? By doing that, you are not only opposing the truth but opposing yourself.
oga what are you saying na.....just look at yourself
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by AyamConfidence(m): 10:27am On Mar 11, 2018
eagleonearth:
it's a cult, don't be deceived by the "bible" they carry.
you just wake up open your mouth and decide to be spitting rubbish....at your age...you should be ashamed of your ignorance
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by AyamConfidence(m): 10:28am On Mar 11, 2018
phren:
They don't preach to none Christians, they preach their doctrines to other Christians which is ridiculous.
hate kills..... ignorance kills faster

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by MVLOX(m): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2018
PharmaGirl:
I just got to know of this yesterday.

They believe that the power to perform miracles by Christians ended with the first century Christians.
I'm still surprised.

Am sure u dont even know the meaning of miracle..... How can you just generalize that witnesses don't believe in miracles. You could as well say they don't believe Jesus and his miracles. One of the biggest miracle they believe in the wonderful privilege to sleep and wake up the next day.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by livebullet(m): 10:44am On Mar 11, 2018
I don't think they disbelieve in miracles...they just don't believe in the peddling of miracles like in today's Nigerian churches. Where you are even threatened to pay tithes(hmmm)...99 % of the so called miracles In Nigerian churches are 100% fake... These pastors scam you and bask in the glory of your followership... They have made themselves Gods of Men... And people really believe they got powers?...how many have healed a polio case?... They tell you; the lame walks... Yet it's all stage managing... Stories

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by PaulieEze: 10:48am On Mar 11, 2018
A man looks for a woman to marry, he sees a beautiful damsel passing by his street, he wants to know her better but instead of interacting with her or possibly looking for her family n true friends he tracks down people on the street, he asks women who she's traded with, bus drivers whose bus she's entered going about her activities. Finally he concludes that he can't marry or even chase after hearing all the things they said. He never talks to her even when she passes his street daily on her way home. That's how I view this whole chat.
Witnesses are everywhere perhaps some have visited your homes but instead of asking them the questions you want an answer to you come to Nairaland for answers. Hope you find what you're looking for oh.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by PharmaGirl(f): 11:01am On Mar 11, 2018
AyamConfidence:
please read those scriptures quoted there.... they'll help you understand the truth from the Bible

also i want you to make sure of all things....yes...learn to find out facts and reasons for actions ......Do not let your beliefs be influenced by hearsay......I think you get my point
yeah
ok
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 11, 2018
PharmaGirl:

They are.
I find it odd how supposed Christians don't believe in miracles.

OK.
Jehovah Witness is a complete religion of it's own. They are not Christians. A witness told me that
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Butoneday2(m): 11:13am On Mar 11, 2018
Because they don't belive in jesus so why do u xpect them to belive in miracles. And jesus said anyone coming to his father must pass his dormot and this jehova witness pple no dey hear word. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by entrepreneurmic: 11:21am On Mar 11, 2018
afroniger:
Whether they believe in it or not, the true fact is that most modern day miracles are scams. Any pastor that knows he can perform miracles like in the so-called olden days should go to the hospitals and mortuaries where there are enough infirm and dead people awaiting their 'miracle'. Nonsense.
YOU ARE CORRECT. THE TRUTH IS THAT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES BELIEVE IN MIRACLES. MIRACLES HAPPEN TO US ON A DAILY BASIS, BUT WE ARE FAILING TO ACKNOWLEDE THEM. FOR EXAMPLE YOU SLEEP & WAKE UP EVERYDAY. THE WAY THE HUMAN BODY / THE UNIVERSE IS DESIGN IS ABOVE OUR UNDERSTANDING. THERE WAS A FATAL ACCIDENT & PEOPLE CAME OUT UNTOUCHED & MANY MORE. THESE ARE MIRACLES.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by entrepreneurmic: 11:22am On Mar 11, 2018
afroniger:
Whether they believe in it or not, the true fact is that most modern day miracles are scams. Any pastor that knows he can perform miracles like in the so-called olden days should go to the hospitals and mortuaries where there are enough infirm and dead people awaiting their 'miracle'. Nonsense.
YOU ARE CORRECT. THE TRUTH IS THAT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES BELIEVE IN MIRACLES. MIRACLES HAPPEN TO US ON A DAILY BASIS, BUT WE ARE FAILING TO ACKNOWLEDE THEM. FOR EXAMPLE YOU SLEEP & WAKE UP EVERYDAY. THE WAY THE HUMAN BODY / THE UNIVERSE IS DESIGN IS ABOVE OUR UNDERSTANDING. THERE WAS A FATAL ACCIDENT & PEOPLE CAME OUT UNTOUCHED & MANY MORE. THESE ARE MIRACLES.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:22am On Mar 11, 2018
Some Christians believe in miracles, some manufacture miracles, some fake it and some don't believe miracles still take place. very funny world. Jehovah witnesses don't believe in the scam miracles pastors perform today!!! The miracles of early Christians were genuine and real, not fake
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:26am On Mar 11, 2018
Butoneday2:
Because they don't belive in jesus so why do u xpect them to belive in miracles. And jesus said anyone coming to his father must pass his dormot and this jehova witness pple no dey hear word. undecided undecided undecided

who told you they don't believe in Jesus Christ?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by az30: 11:27am On Mar 11, 2018
seunmsg:
It doesn't matter what people believe. Fact is, miracle doesn't happen anywhere except in nollywood movies and church dramas stage managed by pastors. If miracle is real, Ayefele would have been able to walk a long time ago and Cobhams won't still be blind by now.

Not surprising that you got many likes as many are ignorant of the word of God. Read the scripture below.

And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
Luke 4:27 KJV

Those are the words of Jesus. That miracles happen does not guarantee that it would happen to everyone. Not believing already exempts a man from experiencing miracles but by the mercies of God. Contrary to your first sentence, It actually matters what you believe.

Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?”
John 11:40 NIV

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Liftedhands(f): 11:27am On Mar 11, 2018
PharmaGirl:

Nobody's castigating anyone. I asked because I need answers.
And you think "here" is where you'll get the answer? Abegi. What's stops you from seeking out one or two jw members and put this question to them?

I hope you got your answers? cos all I've read so far is the body of Christ being put to scrutiny and mockery by many who knows nothing and don't care to know.

Mind you I'm a non- denominated Christian! So don't go thinking I'm JW cos I'll also take same stance had it been Celestial or Catholic.

(LET YOUR WORDS AND THOUGHTS EDIFY AND NOT BRING DOWN).

One Love in the body of Christ .
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by stankezzy: 11:37am On Mar 11, 2018
maximunimpact:
A JW will rather seek the help of witch doctors than pray for miracle. I was once advised by one JW woman to rub some charms in my lips for job interview success and i looked at her astonishingly but said since am not yet a baptized brother that there's nothing wrong with that.
you took words out of my mouth , my cousin that is a very strong JW used to argue that the era of miracles are over that all miracles happening now are fake but when their daughter got sick he and the wife took the child to a native doctor , they believe native doctors more , and again these people hate christ with passion , they don't celebrate Christmas or birthdays but they are the first to celebrate easter , mocking jesus death, somebody u don't like when he was born how can u say u are celebrating his death except mocking him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) / Prophet George Fakolade: "Fashola Will Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" / Faith Oyedepo Celebrates Her 60th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.