Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo (7446 Views)

Tinubu Is From North, Obasanjo Is East , Saraki is from North / APC Presidential Candidate Zoned To South East. / 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by 2busy: 8:35am On Apr 30, 2010
http://nigeriannews.com/

The drum beat is sounding louder for Acting President Goodluck Jonathan to go the whole hog and run for President next year.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo raised the ante on Thursday; arguing across the Atlantic in Washington that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) never zoned the Presidency to any region.

“The President can come from any part of the country, and nothing in the Constitution says he must come from a certain part of the country,” he told the Voice of America.

He reiterated that Acting President Goodluck Jonathan “says he wants to focus on moving the country forward,” and “I think Nigerians should support him to do that. The decision to run or not is his to make.

“He should not be distracted from the huge task he is faced with.”

Until now, what was bandied about was the agreement in the PDP, which is not in the Nigerian Constitution, that the Presidency and principal posts in the National Assembly (NASS) should rotate between the North and South.

Particularly, going by the deal, the Presidency will rotate between the North and South every eight years, on the back of the two-tenure term Obasanjo, a Southerner, served in the Villa from 1999 to 2007.

Umaru Yar’Adua, from the North, took over as President on May 27, 2007, but has since November 23, 2009 got off the stage through ill health, paving the way for Jonathan to be in charge, albeit in an acting capacity.

The crisis in the PDP is expected, Obasanjo clarified, because of the different personalities of its officials and members.

Obasanjo, who visited Washington on a private business, also credited himself with “the democratic progress” made by Nigeria since he left office.

“(Jonathan) is from a minority tribe (from the South South) and the number three citizen, the Senate President (David Mark), is from a minority tribe from the Middle Belt.

“Ordinarily these ethnic groups may not have been able to produce such senior elected officials if it were not for the democratic decisions I took,” he stressed.

To him, insecurity, especially armed robbery, kidnapping, and violence are not peculiar to Nigeria.

“Other countries have their own problems, the killings in Jos is not religious or ethnic, as people want the world to believe. It is just borne out of frustration because of poverty and disagreement over land.”

Obasanjo again defended picking ailing Yar’Adua to succeed him, but admitted he may not have done a thorough background check on him when he was Katsina State Governor.

“I saw Umoru through the prism of his elder brother, Shehu, who was a close friend and loyal officer. If he had lived, he would have been my Vice President because we were very close.”

He said Yar’Adua has the temperament and vision to be President but that he had no idea his health could not withstand the rigors of the job.

“The job of President is very rigorous, especially in a country like Nigeria. I received assurances from at least three medical experts who said although he has had dialysis, his health was strong enough to perform his duties.”

Obasanjo criticised those who said he actively sought a third term while in office.

“I never wanted a third term in office. As an officer, I gave my word on two terms. I handed over power to Shehu Shagari (in 1979), contrary to the advice of several African Heads of State, so there was no way I could have worked for a third term.

“There is still life after the Presidency.”
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by violent(m): 8:37am On Apr 30, 2010
“The President can come from any part of the country, and nothing in the Constitution says he must come from a certain part of the country,” he told the Voice of America

I bet some dummies whose mentality revolves around "turn by turn" presidency will soon come around vomiting!
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by marvix(m): 8:58am On Apr 30, 2010
I think dis is his real standpoint, the other news where he was reported 2 hav asked Jonathan 2 4get d presidency must hav bin false or a wily old man with his antics, but I choose to stand on this declaration nd d pdp neva zoned presidency 2 any region 4 8yrs at a go its 4yrs den based on performance nd popular demand cld be given a max of 8yr, Obasanjo negotiated his 2nd term with Atiku, so if Obj had bin as sick as Yaradua is now Atiku wld hav taken ova afta Objs 4yr.

Jonathan just concentrate on movin dis nation 4ward I will stand up 2 be counted for u.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by vigasimple(m): 10:13am On Apr 30, 2010
2busy:

http://nigeriannews.com/

The drum beat is sounding louder for Acting President Goodluck Jonathan to go the whole hog and run for President next year.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo raised the ante on Thursday; arguing across the Atlantic in Washington that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) never zoned the Presidency to any region.

“The President can come from any part of the country, and nothing in the Constitution says he must come from a certain part of the country,” he told the Voice of America.
He reiterated that Acting President Goodluck Jonathan “says he wants to focus on moving the country forward,” and “I think Nigerians should support him to do that. The decision to run or not is his to make.

“He should not be distracted from the huge task he is faced with.”
Until now, what was bandied about was the agreement in the PDP, which is not in the Nigerian Constitution, that the Presidency and principal posts in the National Assembly (NASS) should rotate between the North and South.

Particularly, going by the deal, the Presidency will rotate between the North and South every eight years, on the back of the two-tenure term Obasanjo, a Southerner, served in the Villa from 1999 to 2007.

Umaru Yar’Adua, from the North, took over as President on May 27, 2007, but has since November 23, 2009 got off the stage through ill health, paving the way for Jonathan to be in charge, albeit in an acting capacity.

The crisis in the PDP is expected, Obasanjo clarified, because of the different personalities of its officials and members.

Obasanjo, who visited Washington on a private business, also credited himself with “the democratic progress” made by Nigeria since he left office.

“(Jonathan) is from a minority tribe (from the South South) and the number three citizen, the Senate President (David Mark), is from a minority tribe from the Middle Belt.

“Ordinarily these ethnic groups may not have been able to produce such senior elected officials if it were not for the democratic decisions I took,” he stressed.

To him, insecurity, especially armed robbery, kidnapping, and violence are not peculiar to Nigeria.

“Other countries have their own problems, the killings in Jos is not religious or ethnic, as people want the world to believe. It is just borne out of frustration because of poverty and disagreement over land.”

Obasanjo again defended picking ailing Yar’Adua to succeed him, but admitted he may not have done a thorough background check on him when he was Katsina State Governor.

“I saw Umoru through the prism of his elder brother, Shehu, who was a close friend and loyal officer. If he had lived, he would have been my Vice President because we were very close.” He said Yar’Adua has the temperament and vision to be President but that he had no idea his health could not withstand the rigors of the job.

“The job of President is very rigorous, especially in a country like Nigeria. I received assurances from at least three medical experts who said although he has had dialysis, his health was strong enough to perform his duties.”

Obasanjo criticised those who said he actively sought a third term while in office.

“I never wanted a third term in office. As an officer, I gave my word on two terms. I handed over power to Shehu Shagari (in 1979), contrary to the advice of several African Heads of State, so there was no way I could have worked for a third term.

“There is still life after the Presidency.”

Everything OBJ said in that interview is true and from the heart. ( for instance if he wanted 3rd term, he has enough money in the kitty from National reserves to buy it)

Our brothers from the North are political scammers, and we in the South are political mugus simply because we especially the Igbo's and Yoruba's cannot agree to work together, The North used that divison to their advantage.

The Zoning arrangement is the fraud perpertrated by the North on Nigerians to retain their relevance and keeping of Presidential powers. Since MKO Abiola's death, The North knew that 'their born to rule mentality' has to give way as the Yoruba's will have walk away from the federation and that will be the end of Nigeria.

They (the North) worked out that OBJ can be a tool , so they make an arrangement that after 4 or 8 years powers will go to the NORTH again, the reality is that they don't want to let go of the powers which they are incompetent in managing in the first instance, otherwiise nobody cares where the President comes from.

OBJ has no vision of Nigeria, because I have said it number without times that Umoru YAR At'CLUELESS is just compensating Sheu Yar A'dua which was OBJ backbone during the first comng in 1976 after the death of MUrtala.

Most candidates in the south, I dare say with some justifications are better than majority of the North,, and the way the Northern elders are, we are all better doing a true Federalism and regional thing so that everyone can move at their own pace. The North has been holding back Nigeria since 1954 during the self rule declaration and they intend doing so for a considerable period of time unless we in the south reject and say NO, enough is enough. If not , what was IBB is thinking in his empty shell, for instances to say the Youth in Nigeria, are unable to lead. So what happens if and when the old cargos dies. Thoughtless boffon, Mr. Evil genius
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by vigasimple(m): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2010
I think it is high time people like Donald Duke leave PDP and form a formidable opposition to wrestle power away from a DO NOTHING PARTY called PDP.

OBJ will now be regreting getting into bed with our insincere brothers from the North. We should all care about the best man for the President of Nigeria, not a dimwit like YAR A'LIAR.

He lied about his health, and continue to lie, and so was his 100days Electricity emergency decalaration.

The South should sit up and be counted for the best man for the job to serve all Nigerians irrespective of gender,tribe or religion.

IBB certainly is a spent force of any good
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Spyker: 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2010
If really Obasanjo said this, then Nigeria is changing and the reformers in PDP are doing it not for selfish reasons but for National interest. 2011 election will spark up surprises. There is still home for this country.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by sjeezy8: 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2010
I believe the northerners had it in their heads that since Obj had his full term- it should switch over to them.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by mekusxxx: 3:37pm On Apr 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

I believe the northerners had it in their heads that since Obj had his full term- it should switch over to them.

Typical of you guys to eat, clean up quickly and pretend nothing ever happened? Every eddiot in that country knows about the PDP zoning arrangement, so who are you guys toying with? Yoruba eh!
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Godslover: 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2010
So suddenly there was never a zoning formulas,this obasanjo is an asshole, how on earth would he have been a civilian president if not for the turn by turn arrangement which all south westerns were about to kill nigeria for a few years ago, my dears let an improvised north(ribadu,etc) finish their turn and let another section take over, lets be careful because of tomorrow, a Northerner might use this same argument in the next few years
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by DisGuy: 4:19pm On Apr 30, 2010
my understanding is that in Nigerian law there is no roational presidency BUT in PeeDeePee it is all agreed!
Even AC adopted this rubbish in the last election

What do you think IBB is doing in the south all this week? talking about quota system being bad, rotational presidency being rubbish by the time an hausa man emerge (they are already 3 throing teh hats into the ring, havent seen any southerner brave enough) Donald Duke is looking for where to park and would settle for VP is push comes to .  .   . see what happened to Goodluck could have been him!!

Our brothers from the North are political scammers, and we in the South are political mugus simply because we especially the Igbo's and Yoruba's cannot agree to work together, The North used that divison to their advantage
Correct man!

its not that the Igbo amd Yorubas cant work together, [s]just that one group cant form allaince to save their life[/s] One group has never been able to work with any other major/minor group in the country
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Afam(m): 4:41pm On Apr 30, 2010
Becomrich7:

Look I gave my very best to the north, even when I was not paid for it or assigned to teach them, I went to thier schools and teach them for free. I went with others to thier villages and town to deliver medicine and others some of this people were muslim. I never looked at thier ethnics or religion group, because I am ethnics blind. And we need ethnics blind leaders. not zoning leaders.

Speechless!!!
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by chidichris(m): 4:50pm On Apr 30, 2010
yes, i can see how we are all jumping up in celebration now the voice america has said or reported what we want to hear.
let this same voice of america tomorrow say how much obasanjo worth or how poor nigeria is despite being the sicth highest oil producers in the world and this same group will shout death to the west.
i don't think what any nigerian politician says to the press matters because they will definitely say what favour them.
what matters here shld include; who chooses the next inec chairman? amendments of pdp constitution that made obasanjo the only qualified human being to be the chairman pdp board of trustees. and the achievements of pdp in the last 11 years.
in this mordern time, a supposed senator, a supposed honourable member getting married to a 13 year old girl. what a country? what a group of shameless beasts in the name of rulers.
what can obasanjo say in such situation when he cld sleep with his daughter inlaw.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2010
But Rotational Presidency was not even binding within the PDP.

The current democratic experiment started in 1999 and in all 3 elections PDP primaries featured candidates for the Presidency from both North and South and all their votes were counted and recorgnised by the PDP. So what exactly was this gentleman agreement all about? it was not recornised by any PDP document, treaty or constitution. There was no formalised nor defined time table for it.

Barnabas Gemade recently granted an interview saying the stakeholders came together in 1999 and decided to zone power in 1999, they repeated that decision in 2003 since OBJ was still interested and available and then decided to zone power to the North in 2007 in which Yar'adua emerged. And thus what Barnabas Gemade was saying was that no decision has been made for 2015. He also added that there was no timetable produced in 1999 and so the talk that power must remain in the North till 2011 is a myth.

Even at that in PDP primaries of 1998/99 Abubakar Rimi from North ran against Obasanjo and Alex Ekwueme (from South). Abubakar Rimi's votes were counted and his votes were not disqualified on the grounds that his participation was alien to the party.

In the run up to 2003 elections, Barnabas Gemade (North) contested against OBJ (South) in PDP Primaries and his vote numbers were counted and recognised by the party and was not disqualified based on Barnabas not being from the "correct zone".

In the run up to 2007 elections, Rochas Okorocha (South) came second to Yar'adua (North) in PDP Presidential Primaries and Rochas' vote is recognised by the PDP till today and was never disqualified based on zone.

So what is this zoning formula that is not even binding on the PDP and its members?

I am somewhat biased to both either having a zoning formula or not. But we have to either include rotational Presidency in the constitution or discard the idea entirely because the current status quo is a recipe for dissaster and potential conflict. Because a geopolitical zone after benefiting from the system can simply decide to change parties after enjoying their turn in the zoning formula.

That will simply mean more dissaster in future and this is where I love OBJ. You can never cow OBJ into anything. He says it like it is.

Anybody who wants rotational Presidency to hold true should sponsor a legislation to the NASS for it to be recognised by the Electoral Act, otherwise anybody can run in 2011 including Jonathan.

Informal agreements without evidence or any kind of document backing it is a recipe for dissaster.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2010
see the video link here

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/africa/west/Obasanjo-Reflects-on-His-Term-in-Office-92448049.html

Chidicris

Stop talking about OBJ anyhow, if there was anybody in your family as great as OBJ may be you will learn to respect the man. Just shut up and get over your OBJ obsession.

It is a very dangerous obsession.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by OAM4J: 5:54pm On Apr 30, 2010
I have said it earlier that I dont believe the statement attributed to Obj on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-436332.0.html

isuomo:

Story was found in Compass Newspaper owned by Gbenga Daniel who will be IBB's campaign coordinator in the Southwest so go figure. Junk Journalism at its best HMV at its worst. (HMV) His Masters Voice.

exactly. I dont believe the story. The story lost more credibility when I read this:

Top on the list of those who have reached out to Babangida, most of the time subtly, are a former President of the Senate, Chief Ken Nnamani; a former Governor of Rivers State, Dr. Peter Odili; Sylva; the Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole; former Governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Bola Tinubu; and the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Barrister Godswill Akpabio.

I doubt most sincerely that Ken Nnamani, Adams Oshiomole and Tinubu will lobby IBB to be VP.

Don't think the story is worth any consideration.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
Oya oh!!!! E don set. If anybody got a call from OBJ in 2006/2007 to grant him 3rd term please come forward with proof or remain quiet forever.

Please newspaper speculations are no evidence. We are talking about phone calls, e-mails, money trails encouraging you or someone you know to campaign for OBJ 3rd term.

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeoxBpyk-ms&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

Its OBJ's challenge not mine.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by sjeezy8: 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2010
mekusxxx:

Typical of you guys to eat, clean up quickly and pretend nothing ever happened? Every eddiot in that country knows about the PDP zoning arrangement, so who are you guys toying with? Yoruba eh!

Thw SW has nothing to gain or lose by backing Goodluck Jonathan.

If Jonathan was from the SE - you wouldnt have wrote all that rubbish. You see this is why they say southerners cant support eachother.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Onlytruth(m): 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

Thw SW has nothing to gain or lose by backing Goodluck Jonathan,

[b]If Jonathan was from the SE - you wouldnt have wrote all that rubbish. [/b]You see this is why they say southerners cant support eachother.

lol! Since MASSOB threw its weight behind Jonathan, I am now supporting the guy. Those guys at home must know something about bro Jo that I don't know yet.

So, go for it bro Jo. We gat yo back! cool cool cool
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by mekusxxx: 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

Thw SW has nothing to gain or lose by backing Goodluck Jonathan.

If Jonathan was from the SE - you wouldnt have wrote all that rubbish. You see this is why they say southerners cant support eachother.

Bloody illliterate. Did you want to write written? grin
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by naijadoll1: 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2010
Donald Duke for president '11. who says Nigeria can never have a well-polished, properly-educated selfless president? yea Mr Duke is all that, as we have seen frm his past works.

I dn't see any big difference btw Obj and the past presidents, Obj was not articulate & selfless, he was just a dumb-asss militarian with a terrible english and horrible self-carriage. PERIOD ! the other day one of my classmates was lik check out the interview US had with your president, na so shame wan chop me go, watever school Obj went to has to be closed down effectively, cos that one no be skool. na him knw where em go but no be school. the poor dude was looking uncomfortable thru out the interview. dn't get me wrong he tried a little but he cud have done beta, to worsen it, he denied Naija a proper election in the face of the whole world.  angry
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by SapeleGuy: 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2010
@ topic.

In this life some people sabi talk lie well well. If dem tell you say nah morning, make you go look the sky for yourself.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by mekusxxx: 9:10pm On Apr 30, 2010
Obj is living true to type: betrayal of agreements, treachery and denial. That is the way of life of people from whence he came
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by sjeezy8: 9:17pm On Apr 30, 2010
^^ thanks
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by 9ijaprince(m): 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2010
Here comes Uncle Joe for presidency come 2011. The coast is clear.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 30, 2010
Now that OBJ is plotting for Jonathan to continue in 2011, the only way to stop OBJ and his very dumb boy Joe is to back another South South Candidate to stop Jonathan.

Donald Duke / Adamu Mu'azu 2011 is the real deal

Donald Duke from Cross River State went to Secondary School in Sokoto, Went to University at ABU Zaria Kaduna, did post graduate in Pennsylvania America, owns a Business in Lagos.

He is an embodiment of Nigeria's diversity. His life experiences have seen him live in various parts of Nigeria and worked with different folks from different part of Nigeria.

Donald Duke is the future.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by sjeezy8: 10:18pm On Apr 30, 2010
^

seee southerners with dumb suggestion again- If donald duke and Goodluck run president- wont the south split votes between them and give way to a northern candidate or a western candidate from another party.

Southerner are not bright . . . .
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 30, 2010
that does not mean we should allow a very dumb man like Jonathan to have a free ride.

Duke is more capable. Let Jonathan go and sit down.

If South South does not produce a good candidate, then a Middle Belter will emerge.

No way for Jonathan, he is not up to the job.

By the way we are in democracy and any number of candidates from South can contest. If Jonathan wants to back the interest of South, let him not stand and support Donald Duke. It must not be the other way round.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by DisGuy: 10:34pm On Apr 30, 2010
krendo:

that does not mean we should allow a very dumb man like Jonathan to have a free ride.

Duke is more capable. Let Jonathan go and sit down.

If South South does not produce a good candidate, then a Middle Belter will emerge.

No way for Jonathan, he is not up to the job.

By the way we are in democracy and any number of candidates from South can contest. If Jonathan wants to back the interest of South, let him not stand and support Donald Duke. It must not be the other way round.

shior Donald cant even get support from the South east, same with Jonathan, teh yonly way jonathan will get support is if he keeps running errand like a good boy. If the voting were to be online then Donald duke might just win- playing an instrument and wearing suit is not enough you need big political support-naija doll will rather stay indoors than vote  tongue

Duke should go join AC that way we will have a bigger opposition; with PDP/ANPP up north AC down southwest and some parts of SE that cant decide
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 30, 2010
Dis Guy:

shior Donald cant even get support from the South east, same with Jonathan, teh yonly way jonathan will get support is if he keeps running errand like a good boy. If the voting were to be online then Donald duke might just win- playing an instrument and wearing suit is not enough you need big political support-naija doll will rather stay indoors than vote tongue

Duke should go join AC that way we will have more bigger opposition with PDP/ANPP up north AC down southwest and some parts of SE that cant decide

I don't know why you think Duke can only win online.

You are a victim of PDP politics. If you believe only PDP can win elections then you should not cry when PDP wins.

I believe Duke has the capacity to win broad support from ordinary voters if he pursues his campaign vigorously.

IBB has one vote, OBJ has one vote, Buhari has one vote, Jonathan has one vote. That is how the world should be.

So if you think the world should remain as it is for Nigeria, then you have no business being here. I don't know why you waist your time online only to ridicule online commentators and political groups.

if you think it means nothing then stay out of it. no need coming here just to talk down others.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by naijadoll1: 10:57pm On Apr 30, 2010
mikeansy:

Please newspaper speculations are no evidence. We are talking about phone calls, e-mails, money trails encouraging you or someone you know to campaign for OBJ 3rd term.

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeoxBpyk-ms&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

STORY,we cnn't ask oh, Nigerians are 'see no evil,talk no evil' kind of pple,
Obj wowo oh, kai ! see face eh !!! grin
did he just  interupt the interviewer? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by DisGuy: 11:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
krendo:

I don't know why you think Duke can only win online.

You are a victim of PDP politics. If you believe only PDP can win elections then you should not cry when PDP wins.

I believe Duke has the capacity to win broad support from ordinary voters if he pursues his campaign vigorously.

IBB has one vote, OBJ has one vote, Buhari has one vote, Jonathan has one vote. That is how the world should be.

So if you think the world should remain as it is for Nigeria, then you have no business being here. I don't know why you waist your time online only to ridicule online commentators and political groups.

if you think it means nothing then stay out of it. no need coming here just to talk down others.

and you think he didnt campaign vigorously for the last elections? he didn't even get a look in the last time around not a single SE politician even acknowledge him, how involved is he in nigerian politics since leaving office

i enjoyed his blog back then though, just a shame 90% of those who had access to it were not in nigeria and the remaining 10% live far away from the polling booth anyway
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Onlytruth(m): 11:23pm On Apr 30, 2010
Dis Guy:

and you think he didnt campaign vigorously for the last elections? he didn't even get a look in the last time around not a single SE politician even acknowledge him, how involved is he in nigerian politics since leaving office

i enjoyed his blog back then though, just a shame 90% of those who had access to it were not in nigeria and the remaining 10% live far away from the polling booth anyway
I would support either candidate, no shaking. cool

Donald Duke needs to do REAL politicking. Everybody wants something. He should go to the South east and meet with Ohanaeze. Then he should meet (even if by proxy) with MASSOB, then he should also meet (by proxy again) with MEND. These are the real grass root mobilizers in the two zones (south east/south south). He should pick an activist from the north as his running mate. Believe me, if he does these, and there is free and fair elections, we will win.

All these are assuming that Jonathan is not running. There is no way the two can run successfully.
I would advise Donald Duke to go for it next year through another party(nothing is stopping him undecided). He should use AC but should run on a joint ticket with APGA. Only then can he beat a PDP candidate in a free and fair election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbos Stop Joking, Atiku Will Lose Heavily. Here Are The Reasons / Nigeria Accounts For Bulk Of Africa’s $90 Billion Stashed Assets / The Lion Himself Dancing With Church Members During Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.