Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,760 members, 7,851,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:04 AM

Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo (7457 Views)

Tinubu Is From North, Obasanjo Is East , Saraki is from North / APC Presidential Candidate Zoned To South East. / 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Onlytruth(m): 11:25pm On Apr 30, 2010
Jonathan promised a free and fair elections next year and I think he will deliver on that promise. To achieve that of course, I strongly suspect he will not run.
Having said that, anything is possible in politics. cool
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by naijadoll1: 11:28pm On Apr 30, 2010
Quote from: Dis Guy on Today at 11:02:53 PM
and you think he didnt campaign vigorously for the last elections? he didn't even get a look in the last time around not a single SE politician even acknowledge him, how involved is he in nigerian politics since leaving office

Donald Duke needs to do REAL politicking. Everybody wants something. He should go to the South east and meet with Ohanaeze. Then he should meet (even if by proxy) with MASSOB, then he should also meet (by proxy again) with MEND. These are the real grass root mobilizers in the two zones (south east/south south). He should pick an activist from the north as his running mate. Believe me, if he does these, and there is free and fair elections, we will win.

Donald Duke has met with who-is-who Southeners in US and London, he was in US just 2wks ago, and so most 'Ohanezes' here got his back. cheesy cool
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by DisGuy: 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

I would support either candidate, no shaking. cool

Donald Duke needs to do REAL politicking. Everybody wants something. He should go to the South east and meet with Ohanaeze. Then he should meet (even if by proxy) with MASSOB, then he should also meet (by proxy again) with MEND. These are the real grass root mobilizers in the two zones (south east/south south). He should pick an activist from the north as his running mate. Believe me, if he does these, and there is free and fair elections, we will win.

All these are assuming that Jonathan is not running. There is no way the two can run successfully.
I would advise Donald Duke to go for it next year through another party(nothing is stopping him undecided). He should use AC but should run on a joint ticket with APGA. Only then can he beat a PDP candidate in a free and fair election.

That's what i'm talking about! real naija politiks!!
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by DisGuy: 11:41pm On Apr 30, 2010
naija-doll:

Donald Duke has met with who-is-who Southeners in US and London, he was in US just 2wks ago, and so most 'Ohanezes' here got his back. cheesy cool

Yea sure, they'll always be there when he needs a shoulder to whine on - you know nigerian politics can be a real b***8 to saxophone playing suit boy wink

inconsequential - that's what the former minister from SE called those chiefs in the US/UK
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by marvix(m): 12:00am On May 01, 2010
Quote from krendo

that does not mean we should allow a very dumb man like Jonathan to have a free ride.

Duke is more capable. Let Jonathan go and sit down.

If South South does not produce a good candidate, then a Middle Belter will emerge.

No way for Jonathan, he is not up to the job.

By the way we are in democracy and any number of candidates from South can contest. If Jonathan wants to back the interest of South, let him not stand and support Donald Duke. It must not be the other way round.

This is wat will mak d south lose d presidency within their reach ACF is shoppin 4 a viable VP 2 Jonathan already, they invited Jonathan 2 b special guest of honour nd shuned IBB, then we d southerners are callin Duke 2 contest against Jonathan, it wil b a wrong political move Jonathan winnin d presidency in 2011 may signal d end of d pdp reign in Nigeria, Duke can chalenge Jonathan in 2015, but Duke nd all other progressives wld neva b able 2 unseat IBB if he eva gets to d presidency.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:10am On May 01, 2010
the election is not between North vs South.

because if it is North vs South there can be only one winner.

By the way I will rather have a President I am proud of from the North than to have Jonathan.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by sjeezy8: 12:13am On May 01, 2010
krendo:

the election is not between North vs South.

because if it is North vs South there can be only one winner.

By the way I will rather have a President I am proud of from the North than to have Jonathan.

great because Elrufai can win election over Donald duke anyday. and from that southerners should stop complaining about northerners having presidents.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:16am On May 01, 2010
I am personally angry with Yar'adua for not handing over to El-Rufai.

I don't mind him being my President.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by naijaway(m): 1:56am On May 01, 2010
Regardless of what one may think, I think OBJ may not be held very high in regards to overall performance but he sure set foundations for Nigeria in many fronts (eventhough high profile killings have somewhat ceased).
President Goodluck should humble himself and not run and just focus on long and short term goals by being that president to capitalize on the national integration systems laid by the founding fathers and strengthened by OBJ. He should be the research president with an honest audit for many projects going on since Nigerians seem to have patience for him during this period. He should be able to give the next president a good account of what is going on and intelligent ideas on what needs to be done to move the nation forward. In otherwords, a better way of continuity/ transition thereby eliminating many days or years of learning on the job and not too sure of this or that.
President Gooodluck should focus on the electricity problems; security issues; the upcoming elections; and education; more than any other issue. He should take the high road not to run for the upcoming election and automatically become a very respected statesman. He can later work in the UN or AU with a much respected view on him. I have a good feeling he would take the road of honor.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by strangleyo: 2:50am On May 01, 2010
There's some excellent northern leaders, el Rufia, Ribadu, pity we get stuck with the idiots.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by otokx(m): 3:37am On May 01, 2010
There is something called a gentleman's agreement.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by fxmaxony(m): 10:18pm On May 01, 2010
Brother Jonathan, Run run run, but continue with delivering the goodies to the masses, If you succeed in this task and want to run for President come 2011, do it because we shall stand by you, not because BABA of Ota Farm said so. Believe me that man BABA is not to be trusted.

If the PDP surround him with Problem of Leaving PDP BOT now he will change mouth.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by NnaNna4(m): 10:58pm On May 01, 2010
@krendo

politics in the south-south stinks so much of betrayal n distrust.
northerners are the best in politics.
1 yaradua is not well and available and yet they stood by him
2 now they are shopping for vice president for jonathan

while some people who call themselve south south (cos am not one) cannot
hold on to jonathan in the name of progress. u are stil calling donald duke.
where was he when jonathan was selected vice?

Instead of consolidating on Jonathan to pull this country out of the grip of certain cabals u r still
stinking around none existing donald duke.ss have their chances in nddc but alas they will never use it . only fighting asses

South south u need to grow up in politiks. u cannot compete in politics!

2ndly

obj Zoned presidency to the north when he recently advised jonathan to wait till 2015 to campaign
now he has changed his music to save ogbulafor

obj campagned for 3rd term when he was busy dishing out money to change the constitution to his favor
in 1999.he was using prominent senator that promised to deliver the third term ticket but later failed.
this secretly lead to the exit of okonjo iweala because of the so much spent which she insist
she must make public but obj refused

obj denied ever seeking 3rd term
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by hobat4cash(m): 11:07pm On May 01, 2010
This thread was about north south presidency yet some as, h, es are bringing up a de, n like duke, am from akwa ibom and wont 4get in a hurry that this is the same duke who as a gov. sacked all akwa ibomites working in cross river, let alone other atrocities, people get carried away by looks, sh.t, tell him not to come campaigning in my state else , nonsense. angry
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by SLIGHT(m): 11:10pm On May 01, 2010
Isn't it the same obj that appointed yara thats now denying pdp 'zonation'. Nigerian politics is so twisted that people run to pdp 4 victory as if there's no other party. Instead of you guys(southerners) to support jonathan fully, i hear some calling for duke! If jonathan has the majority southern support,i see no reason y he shouldn't win d election. I'd rather nt vote than to vote for ppl like el rufai, ribadu etc
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by NnaNna4(m): 11:15pm On May 01, 2010
Acting president jonathan always exudes confidence

and swagger that excites me and sure whatever that has carried him

thro the ranks to acting prex will not stop until he clinches presidency.

And if he doesnt contest i will not 4give him cos what we need is new face of naija.

how i could lend my reasoning to south south.

there may be 1000 and 1 persons better than joe but guys if he is already having the key to presidency
y not give him evrything. sorry 4 u all !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by idifu(m): 11:30pm On May 01, 2010
rotational presidency is nothing but rubbish, zona/rotational l governorship,councillorship,local govt chairmanship e.t.c are all nothing but rubbish it promotes hypocrisy
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by AloyEmeka5: 2:22am On May 02, 2010
OBJ: Flip flopping monster

SOUTHERNERS ARE THE ONES LOOKING FOR NORTHERN TROUBLE NOW O
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by sjeezy8: 2:41am On May 02, 2010
Zoning is bad for Nigerian polity and is only meant to decieve southerners- now that I think about it.

The party shagari won on did zoning and promised igbo a president after Shagari- but the northerners denied them with a coupe.

Southerners should wonder why there is a Northern Govenors forum- and consists of both PDP and ANPP. The day that there is suppose to be a president zoned to the South, Im am quite sure all the northerners will renege and end up supporting an ANPP northern candidate with a southern VP.

and the presidency was NEVER ZONED TO THE SW or SOUTH, they feared Nigeria would break up after Mko Abiola, so basically gave it to a yoruba.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by vigasimple(m): 3:04am On May 02, 2010
sjeezy8:

Zoning is bad for Nigerian polity and is only meant to decieve southerners- now that I think about it.

The party shagari won on did zoning and promised igbo a president after Shagari- but the northerners denied them with a coupe.

Southerners should wonder why there is a Northern Govenors forum- and consists of both PDP and ANPP. The day that there is suppose to be a president zoned to the South, Im am quite sure all the northerners will renege and end up supporting an ANPP northern candidate with a southern VP.

and the presidency was NEVER ZONED TO THE SW or SOUTH, they feared Nigeria would break up after Mko Abiola, so basically gave it to a yoruba.

I am glad that you have seen the FRAUD by the North packaged as Zoning. Notherern politicans are the best example of political 419's.

The zoning arrangement is a political scam by the North on the political mugus of the south to cover the North incompetence.

Show or give me a competent candidates who is serving the Nigerian interest North, south west or east, I will vote for him/her with my 10 fingers, his/her tribe , religion or gender means Nada to me.

Goood leadership and governnce is what we require, the rest is stupidity as played out by a very clueless and incompetent YAR A'DO NOTHING and his wife , kitchen cabinet and crones.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Akosbaba(m): 4:19am On May 02, 2010
I hope dis f**king old man won't start causing a national debate among northern and southern political animals cause his credibility is very debatable.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by mamatino99: 5:04am On May 02, 2010
obj is not an hornest man for us to be talking about him all the time in Nigeria we should not wast our precious time talking the same man.is time we support Jonathan to move Nigeria forward.Nigeria is bigger than an individual
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by SuperT(m): 5:43am On May 02, 2010
Even if they zone it to north, Abubaker Umaru, formal Governor of Kaduna State said they have missed their chanced.

Since our Constitution did not support such , let the president come from anywhere provided he clean of any corruption.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by sulad82i(m): 6:42am On May 02, 2010
“I received  assurances from  at least three medical experts who said although he has had dialysis, his health was strong enough  to perform his duties.”

How true is that statement now?
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by princekevo(m): 7:29am On May 02, 2010
I never wanted a third term in office. As an officer, I gave my word on two terms. I handed over power to Shehu Shagari (in 1979), contrary to the advice of several African Heads of State, so there was no way I could have worked for a third term.

“There is still life after the Presidency.”

Sorry to say this man is an Old fool. When will this old man stop lying for old sake? Even a kid born b4 2007 knew that some people forcefully stopped OBJ's agenda of 3rd term in office. I have never supported the power Zoning in Nigeria, but OBJ denying is very ridiculous. He was a signatory to such stupid PDP constitution and he led PDP for 8years, we never heard him publicly condeming it as he jst told the world. Why telling a white lies to the whole world that already knows the truth. He is jst making himself a fool to the entire world.

When old men at his age chose to continue in their lies, inconsistency, and deceitful ways of life, i wonder whom the youth of today are to emulate.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by marvix(m): 7:33am On May 02, 2010
@Sulad docs are not God, at d time in question Yaradua was fit to bcom d president or do u think any doc can tell if by 2moro ul b as healthy as u are today?

Leav Yaradua out of this because if d man did his best 4 dis nation nd if I was in his position I wld do d same thing because we are not cowards who will shy away frm service 2 d nation because we are sick.

The issue here is dat no zonin was done 4 8yrs as a mata of fact d original zonin formula does not allow a man frm a region 2 handova 2 anoda man frm his region dat is Yaradua can't handova 2 anoda northerner, if d north wants a 2nd term then they hav 2 get Yaradua 2 run nd dis is Jonathans joker nd dat is wat Obj is sayin. Jonathan has already started his mosquito campaign.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by anataala: 7:35am On May 02, 2010
useless obasanjo, u have come again, better get ready for power probe because this nonesence will not stop Godluck to deal with a gready person like u, useless man, a disgrace to yoruba tribe, you are amongst the poeple that design the zoning formular of PDP People Deceiving Poeple, u time is almost over.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by KnowAll(m): 8:05am On May 02, 2010
[size=14pt]It would have being inconceivable after OBJ's 8 years in power to hand over power to another Southerner, that is understandable any Southerner who is of a contrary view is just blowing hot air and would have being a no hoper that explains why people like Gani ,Pat Utomi, Olu Fale and others failed woefully during last election.

Now the Game has changed, the Northern President that was elected is no more to put it mildly, so we find ourselves stuck with a Southern President we did not bargain for. What it simply means is any Gentleman's agreement that existed b4 whether conscioulsy or sub-consciously has gone down the pan with Yaradua's demise.

Today we have a level playing field whether you are a Northerner or a Southerner, everyone  has equal chance of grasping power except for perharps the acting President who has a slightly higher profile than all asunder. By the next election there would be 46 States in the country, the requirement for u to get elected would depend on the number of grass-root support u can garnish and propel towards your campaign in the states- ( We hope we have a free and fair election just like Abiola's election ).

The man who pulls all the different dissenting forces together under one umbrella would be the next President. If  the next election is free and fair it might be an election where the 18 to 35 years old would be King makers. It is all in the air anyone can grasp power. Although if Jonathan the incumbent throws his hat in the ring, he has a better chance of winning than anyone else.

[/size]
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by master2(m): 8:28am On May 02, 2010
Big joe should be our nxt president cos he's alread setting the nation on the right path. If he's not allow to context nxt yr cos of zone trust typical nigeria leader, the one who will takeover from him will scrape the reforms and programmes he set on ground to start his own so that ppl will link such programme 2 his/her name. Let there b continuety and stop this one step forward 2 step backward.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by Akanbiedu(m): 9:17am On May 02, 2010
Wondering why the 2 presidential candidates in 1999 were Yorubas.
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by fxmaxony(m): 9:22am On May 02, 2010
He who has EARS let him hear, There is no vacancy in Aso rock,
Re: Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo by obxddon(m): 10:03am On May 02, 2010
After una go call IBB maradona, Na this same Obj say make bros jo forget about presidency and now im come yarn another thing,
The problem with most southerners is greed and most of them are I. BEFORE. OTHERS, men.

You just watch out in the next election and see how many southesterners would come out for presidency and you now see how the yoruba people will use OPC to fight each other the way they did (koro and AC) during the last election,
I sorry sorry oooooo,I sorry for Nigeria, I sorry sorry ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

apologies, thread retracted. / Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! / Jos Stands Still As Igbo Close Shops.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.