Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (33607 Views)

Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / When A Born Again Christian Is Sex Starved / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by CarlosVent(m): 2:52pm On May 04, 2010
SO DO CHRIST EMBASSY TELL THEIR MEMBERS TO FORNICATE AND ONCE DEY DO DAT ITS NOT A SIN

WHEN EVER U SIN ITS A SIN.

NO WONDER 2 GIIRLS FROM THEIR CHURCH FOLLOWED UP MY FRIEND FOR BIBLE READING AND MY FRIEND HAD SEX WITH THEM MORE THAN 3 TIMES EACH.

JESUS IS WATCHING
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by alamsdee: 2:52pm On May 04, 2010
pls read psalm 51, it will minister to you, and pls do read up about Demas and Paul, Bn a christian once does not imply u will get to heaven, Matthew 7:21-23
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by lysaa(f): 2:59pm On May 04, 2010
The matter at hand does not need a further proof as many ppl have explained what sin is and who a sinner is. What is left is a reconditioning of the mind. A wrong route to a certain destination does not automatically become right just because one has gone far on it. .all he needs to do is to turn back and take the right route.
I admonish Believers in Chrst to keep the mindset of righteousness and maintain their profession in the face of opposing circumstances including sin.
Bible says when it dawned on David that he was anointed, he began to reign. U can not live a righteous life until it dawns on u that u are righteous. .not by works but by the new nature u have in Christ. .sin or no sin.
Matter of fact, sin is not suppose to be an issue to a believer because he can go BOLDLY to the throne of grace to OBTAIN MERCY. We don't even have to beg. Hahaha.
David was called a man after God's heart. .a righteousman yet he sinned so many times. Do we have a problem in seeing the way God sees us? He doesn't count our sins against us and no matter how we try to help Him, it won't change that truth.
When a man is always conscious of who he is in Christ, even when he sins, he quickly comes out of it because he has been delivered from sin, He is Born of God and therefore can not sin. if thats too big to swallow, go ask saint John the revelator(1 john 3;9).
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Ranoscky(m): 3:03pm On May 04, 2010
but wait 1st o . . .

which kind dirty question be this sef?

poster if u have nothing to do pls stand up from that cafe and go to bed kia-kia.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Outstrip(f): 3:03pm On May 04, 2010
I think I understand what he meant when he said that but I might be wrong. My dad is a pastor and I remember when I was a kid and every sunday he would do an altar call and I was always faithfully there at the altar to repent (LMAO) because I would remember not finishing my homework or not doing what my mom told me to do. My dad asked me why I kept coming and I said well becuase I did this or did that but my dad said the altar call is for people who have NEVER accepted Christ or for those who have backslided and want to REDEDICATE their lives to Christ. So you can be a Christian and do some unchristlike things but you are not a sinner like those that are in the world,  
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by alamsdee: 3:07pm On May 04, 2010
fellow brethen in Christ, lets not place apostasy on ourselves, cos Jesus stands for 100% holiness, we should lookup unto Him as the source of our salvation, for His yoke is light and easy to bear, 99% holiness will not take us to heaven, the adamic nature of sin needs to be completely uprooted from our lives if we wish to make heaven, satan is trying to lure multitude into hell by making them to believe that they can play with a little sin, pls remember that our GOD is a GOD of holiness and those that serve Him should serve Him in complete holiness
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by alamsdee: 3:10pm On May 04, 2010
revelation 3 vs 15-16

Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by jokingmary(m): 3:11pm On May 04, 2010
So if a born again should shoot Pastor Chris, its not a sin right?
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by alamsdee: 3:16pm On May 04, 2010
mattew 12 vs 36

"How do you think this will work?" Just as it is written. Therefore, like David I pray "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." My declaration, "My mouth shall speak of wisdom: And the meditation of my heart shall be toward understanding." My expectation, "My soul shall prosper and be satisfied, and my mouth shall give praise." For the Father empowers me and by Him I submit.
---josef on 1/13/08

If your idle words were sin to you and you repented of your sins, these are cleansed and cast from you as far as the east is from the west. It is primarily a principle to realize that your tongue gives you the most trouble in sin.

You will give an account for everything that is not under the Blood of Christ Jesus.

I suggest that you repent, keep your heart clean and your mouth out of trouble.
---Ardith_Kay_Tolson on 1/11/08

Idle words will be your own condenmnation. because they are sins.We however know that Forgiveness of sins is available to us in the prescribed Manner Gods way.Confessing of sins with true contrition brings forgiveness, which erases idle words, in the confesssional of God .Lk 1:77also jesus promise to His apostle4s whose sins you forgive Ect.
---Emcee on 1/11/08

Idle words will be your own condenmnation. because they are sins.We however know that Forgiveness of sins is available to us in the prescribed Manner Gods way.Confessing of sins with true contrition brings forgiveness, which erases idle words, in the confesssional of God .Lk 1:77also Jesus's promise to His apostles "whose sins you forgive Ect."
---Emcee on 1/11/08
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Ranoscky(m): 3:21pm On May 04, 2010
jokingkary

hehehe . . .

tell them o . .
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by alamsdee: 3:32pm On May 04, 2010
living above sin cannot be achieved by our mere mortal strength or will but by the special grace of GOD, for as many are called are given the grace to sin no more, John 5:14 , 'Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.', Hebrews 12:1-2 , 'let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.'
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by edujoy(m): 3:33pm On May 04, 2010
Dont deceive yourself
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by lysaa(f): 3:38pm On May 04, 2010
Committing a sin doesn't make a Christian a sinner. .I bellieve thats the discourse.

alamsdee:

fellow brethen in Christ, lets not place apostasy on ourselves, cos Jesus stands for 100% holiness, we should lookup unto Him as the source of our salvation, for His yoke is light and easy to bear, 99% holiness will not take us to heaven, the adamic nature of sin needs to be completely uprooted from our lives if we wish to make heaven, satan is trying to lure multitude into hell by making them to believe that they can play with a little sin, pls remember that our GOD is a GOD of holiness and those that serve Him should serve Him in complete holiness
Thats what man gets when he seeks his own righteousness. . no wonder God spoke thru Isaiah that this righteousness by the law is as filthy rag. But Thru Christ, we have been introduced to another righteousness which is by faith and its an inherent gift to anyone in Christ. Man can not help himself, if he could, there wouldn't have been a need for Jesus to show up on earth to die in our stead. We were helpless but thank God He sent us help. Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness. God step on mount sinai and it was called a Holy mount. The area of the burning bush was called Holy because God showed up there.The bush did not fast the mount did not pray, all Abraham had to do was to believe in God who calls those things that be not as tho they were. There are no middle grounds, either u are righteous or not. .no 90% holiness or righteousness.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Ranoscky(m): 3:41pm On May 04, 2010
i'm sick and tired of recieving emails in my mail box b'cos of this crap!!!  angry angry angry

pls u guys should leave this topic and navigate to another.

and we should stop decieving ourselves b'cos we know what is wrong and what is right plsssssss!!!
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by alamsdee: 3:48pm On May 04, 2010
the word of God is sharper than any 2 edged sword, it can never be equated to crap, today we still have breathe in us, tomorrow it may be too late, WHERE WILL U SPEND ETERNITY?, pls i beg of u all to ponder on that question, pls never leave it till when its too late, GOD is not happy when an unrigtheous soul is lost forever, GOD bless u all
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Girl846(f): 4:09pm On May 04, 2010
The only man that was and will ever be sinless in Jesus.

This implies that we all sin from time to time. But the difference between a sinner and a born again Christian is that, when the born again person sins, he will know he has done wrong in his soul and his conscience will convict him of this sin. But due to the grace of God all that needs to be done is sincere confession and repentance.
Born again Christians do not like sin as God hates sin. Sinning is not their desire or in their nature, but due to the imperfect and weak nature of the heart of man, we all fall short from time to time.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Image123(m): 4:23pm On May 04, 2010
If the christian has the nature of God(righteousness), then it's logic that he should be sinLESS. God does not sin once in a while. The purpose Jesus came was to save us from sin, not to make us free to sin.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Gunnaz007: 4:28pm On May 04, 2010
Spiritual things can only be spiritually descerned!!!!

Have you ever pondered over this (i am addressing believers), that when you gave ur life to the Lord Jesus Christ, you thought you wud not sin again from that moment, but yet you found yourself commiting some of those sins you were used to; but as you grew in the knowledge of the word of God and continued in prayer, you overcame those sins, but yet you still commit one, two or more sins in a day, either in ur thoughts, actions, or speach?

As a new creature in Christ, God doesnt encourage you to sin, but yet he lets us know that Jesus is our Advocate so we dont continue in sin (1John 2:1-2);

Isnt it amazing that God Himself knows that as His child, you might sin some times and He made a provision for the forgiveness of those sins through His Son, Jesus Christ? This is a spiritual truth and if a new creature commits a sin, it doesnt in anyway make him a SINNER because he/she is born, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible; he is born not of the first Adam, but of the second and last Adam!

The most important thing is that the new creature must not "continue in sin" (i.e. yielding to the desires of the sinful nature which was crucified with Christ on the Cross when he became born again) which wud imply abusing the grace which is in Christ Jesus!!!!

It is an incongruency with the word of God for supposed believers (new creatures in Christ Jesus) to profess that they are "SINNERS" because they commited one or two sins, even when God made a provision for their forgiveness (1John 1:9, 1John2:1);

In 1John1:8, Apostle John said this: "If we claim to be without sin, we[/b]decieve ourselves and the truth is not in us."
Who are the [b]"we"
in the above statement? ANSWER: The believers he (Apostle John) was addressing, inclusive of Apostle John himself!!! So was apostle John a SINNER? -------Read further in verse 10 of the same chapter-------

There is a difference between the sins commited by a believer (who has the nature of righteousness) and the sin commited by an unbeliever (who has the nature of sin) as Apostle John clearly differentiated them in 1John 2:1-2 thus:
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our (believers, inclusive of Apostle John) sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world (unbelievers that are yet to receive the Lord Jesus into their lives).

Here is another thought:

1 John 1:7 says:
But if WE (believers inclusive of Apostle John) walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all SIN.

Apostle John above used the word "we" again; He teaches that "if" (conditional word) we (believers) walk in the light, as He is in the light, it results in the purification from all our sins by the blood of Jesus.
Isnt it wonderful that in another dimension, He (Apostle John) asserts that purification from a believer's sin by the blood of Jesus is conditioned on "walking in the light, as He is in the light"?
So what does it mean then to "walk in the light, as He is in the light"?
You bera provide the answers for yourself in your actions, in your thoughts, and in your speech - if this three gives glory to the Father, then fill in the blank space. . . . . . . . . wink wink wink

Note: I am not arguing with anyone! I am only presenting answers to the poster's question as deducted from the scriptures!! You either accept it or reject it!!!!
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Ranoscky(m): 4:34pm On May 04, 2010
Gunnaz

so u spend time write all this things for this useless topic?
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Gunnaz007: 4:42pm On May 04, 2010
^^^hahaha , the poster asked a question, and i was only providing answers as contained in thed scriptures wink
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by ITbomb(m): 4:56pm On May 04, 2010
I really believe sin is a nature.
even though i personally do take two cigarettes some weekends when partying with my friends, i dont think someone can call me a smoker. a smoker is basically someone who practices smoking as in part of his nature. A sinner is someone who practices sin.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Sonofpeace(m): 5:31pm On May 04, 2010
ITbomb:

I really believe sin is a nature.
even though i personally do take two cigarettes some weekends when partying with my friends, i dont think someone can call me a smoker. a smoker is basically someone who practices smoking as in part of his nature.  A sinner is someone who practices sin.
God have mercy on you mahn! I have another Question for those who said that a so-called christian who sinned is not a sinner. Why is it that while confessing your sins unto God you acknowledge yourself as a sinner seeking for Gods pardon/forgive(repentance) eventhough you have previously repented? Why didn't you talk to God as your paddy or something like that? Why not tell him that you know that you being forgiven even before you talk to him in prayers? We should stop deceiving ourself for God is not a respecter of person. Be you Pope, Bishop, Prophet or whatever you may be. Be ye holy for i your God i am holy! Period!!
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Sonofpeace(m): 5:49pm On May 04, 2010
@Oludashmi, thank you for having time to answer my question. God bless you!
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Confusion: 6:44pm On May 04, 2010
as confused as i am i can still tell the difference

christian=one clothed with the nature (righteousness) of christ

sinner= one clothed with the nature (wickedness) of satan

a sinner does something good (gives all his possession to the poor) doesnt make him rigtheous(i.e clothed with the nature of christ)

a christian does something wrong doesnt make him wicked(i.e cloth with the nature of satan) except he wants to remain there.

whether i like it or not i know that there is evil and there is good, and there is jesus and there is the devil

the choice is mine
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by sley4life(m): 6:56pm On May 04, 2010
thats a lie. Once u have sinned u arent a born again
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by karo93: 7:05pm On May 04, 2010
heb.10.26
KJV

for if we sin willfully after we have received knowledge of the truth,there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins.

so for those deceiving and consoling themselves that they can go "BOLDLY to the throne of grace to OBTAIN MERCY" and not even beg well sorry cos you would be wasting your time even if you beg.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by desktop: 7:30pm On May 04, 2010
Ah!
that one no good o!
My belief is where there is no sin there can be no forgiveness, abi?
Since God has asked us to always forgive, wetin remain?
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by loomy(m): 8:01pm On May 04, 2010
d guy wu brot up dis mata is causin a real problem,bt i think we shud trt dis mata in a serious way.we all dnt wana end our lyf here,we ar wilin 2 go 2 a place afta death& i know its nobodys wish 2 end up in hell.u guys shud try 2 kno mor abt d man wu created u or do u bliv u dropped 4rm heaven(sami,ogaga4luv&lollx).d story of salvation is unblivable,it is by grace,nt by works and urs is 2 accept it and u're saved,bt dts nt all.(loo4my@yahoo.com)
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by JesusDWay(m): 8:14pm On May 04, 2010
Well, lets look at the example of Abraham on this issue as he is the Father of Faith. The scriptures make us know that Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness. His being righteous is not by works(you will need to read the book of Romans Chapter 4 to undrstand this dimension to righteousness) but by faith. It is reckoned unto us when we believe in Christ and not by our works. So, statutorily we are righteous in the sight of God, whoever of us chooses to have faith in Christ.

Now, remember that it is repentance which subsequently brings forgiveness that brings us into the kingdom. Why will you want to sin when initailly you repented of it. So, in the light of this i believe is the reason why the Pastor said a born-again person is not a sinner(someone who has no choice but to sin because that is his nature).

It is the revelational knowlege of what Christ did for us on the cross that sets us free from the power of sin because Jesus said You shall know thw truth and the truth shall make you free but with a condition, if you continue in His word. wE ARE SET FREE FROM THE POWER OF SIN but not its lures. So, it is when you yield to these lures that you sin but then, that does not chnage your status.

Check out the Lord's prayer. He started with calling God your Father and then at a point he said Forgive us our sins. You have sinned and yet you still call God your Father. This is basically to draw us near God and also, when we receive forgiveness, we try not to go back to the sin.

However, the grace of God is not to be taken in vain. For you to think that since there is forgiveness, then you can do whatever you like will be very erroneous. Remember that whatever a man sows, he reaps. The wages of sin is death.

I hope this helps.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by adetoru(f): 9:03pm On May 04, 2010
@poster,please,get that message and really LISTEN this time,you will get the message,he didn't mean you should go and sin.Remember what Paul said ", if grace abound,should we continue to sin?" Jesus said let him who has ears hear.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by TV01(m): 10:00pm On May 04, 2010
John 8:34
Jesus answered them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin.

No be me talk am 0!
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Akosbaba(m): 10:21pm On May 04, 2010
Very funny thread

N100,000 For Deliverance Fee: Please Advice Us Urgently / Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts / Osinbajo Helicopter Crash And Survival: Could It Be A Warning From God?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79