Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,342 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

The Parasitic North Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Parasitic North Of Nigeria (4025 Views)

Is The SOUTH EAST Just As Parasitic As The North??? / RESPONSE TO: The Parasitic North of Nigeria. / Part 1. The Parasitic Plague That Has Bedeviled Nigeria’s Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 6:46pm On Mar 15, 2018
There is a widely held notion in the South of Nigeria that the North is a parasitic appendage that contributes little or nothing economically to our commonwealth and only takes and takes.

Many Northerners resent hearing this but is is true?

What is the true state of affairs

What are the facts and where are the figures?

Are we being unfair to the North.

I know that a large proportion of our GDP is from agriculture which is based in the North.

But the contribution argument roponents would argue that component is not taxed and does not accrue to the Federation account: which is money shared at the centre and used to fund the police,iMilitary and even provide allocations to State and Local governent. In short the entire government is funded by money from the south while the North sits around waiting for oil money and VAT money from the South which they use in building mosques and going to Mecca.

Is this fair? Is it true

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2018
0monnak0da:
There is a widely held notion in the South of Nigeria that the North is a parasitic appendage that contributes little or nothing economically to our commonwealth and only takes and takes.

Many Northerners resent hearing this but is is true?

What is the true state of affairs

What are the facts and where are the figures?

Are we being unfair to the North.

I know that a large proportion of our GDP is from agriculture which is based in the North.

But the contribution argument roponents would argue that component is not taxed and does not accrue to the Federation account: which is money shared at the centre and used to fund the police,iMilitary and even provide allocations to State and Local governent. In short the entire government is funded by money from the south while the North sits around waiting for oil money and VAT money from the South which they use in building mosques and going to Mecca.

Is this fair? Is it true
This sai babarian seems to be waking up from slumber

cc lzaa

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2018
imhotep:

cc lzaa
What is the meaning of that? I don;t know anything about your mother and will not comment on her unless you give me cause just like you know nothing about me so confine yousrelf to the topic if you have anything to contribute otherwise get lost

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 15, 2018
0monnak0da:

What is the meaning of that? I don;t know anything about your mother and will not comment on her unless you give me cause just like you know nothing about me so confine yousrelf to the topic if you have anything to contribute otherwise get lost
OK.
Sai baba please grin

cc lzaa

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by ibotic(f): 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2018
Until the south decides to grab the bull by its horns, we will continue to serve the interest of power grabbing mongers whose only hold on power is through violence.

7 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Cooly100: 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2018
The most annoying and selfish of all is the sharia states in the north..destroying and banning beer and yet collect the biggest cash from VAT and other taxes on beer...more than the south...SW and Eastern Nigeria have the biggest breweries in the land...

14 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by gidgiddy: 7:16pm On Mar 15, 2018
ibotic:
Until the south decides to grab the bull by its horns, we will continue to serve the interest of power grabbing mongers whose only hold on power is through violence.

The same southern elements thst will be attacking Kanu, Ojukwu and any freedom fighter that rises up? Laughable

The economic resources of the south is the mainstay of the North, everybody knows this. That is why the North never wants to hear the words restructuring or Biafra, both ideologies will take away their stranglehold on Nigeria and force them to be up and doing.

15 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by horsepower101: 7:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
The North is extremely parasitic and they know it. They don't even bother to deny it.

Unlike a political north, there is no political south. There has never been a political south and there will never be a political south.

So when people keep saying things like " the south should do this or that", I keep wondering, which south are they talking about?

10 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by LZAA: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
imhotep:
OK. Sai baba please grin
cc lzaa
python1 wee not like this grin

5 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by LZAA: 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
imhotep:
cc lzaa
dezombiefication is a goal that must be achieved

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
A new born child is attached to its mother's breast and the sepeation is necessary but painful so if we agree the North is parasitic is conndenation the way forward?
Even the SW and SE too are parasitic maybe less so than the North but it is the North that choose to talk of North and South and so we shalll use North and South on this thread for thi dicussion
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Cooly100: 7:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
Son of former FCT minister living large...in the pic

The children of others do the same in Europe...while the southerners do extra jobs to meet up...

That's what Lugard costed us...by merging us together.

10 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
Cooly100:
Son of former FCT minister living large...in the pic

The children of others do the same in Europe...while the southerners do extra jobs to meet up...

That's what Lugard costed us...by merging us together.
This is emotional stuff.I want to keep it objective.I am sure there are similar pictures fro the south.

Firstly let us establish the facts.

Is the North indeed parasitic?

What are the facts?

1 Like

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by horsepower101: 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2018
0monnak0da:
A new born child is attached to its mother's breast and the sepeation is necessary but painful so if we agree the North is parasitic is conndenation the way forward?
Even the SW and SE too are parasitic maybe less so than the North but it is the North that choose to talk of North and South and so we shalll use North and South on this thread for thi dicussion

North or any region in Nigeria is no more a new born.

We are all old hairy men still sucking on dwindling oil resources.

100 amalgamation and 58 years of so called independence.

while it took China and Korea only 30 years to go from poverty to very rich.

9 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Cooly100: 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2018
0monnak0da:

This is eotional stuff.I want to keep it objective.I am sure there are similar pictures fro the south.

Firstly let us establish the facts.

Is the North indeed parasitic?

What are the facts?

... there will be no grudge if the wealth come from the north.

Do you begrudge the Saudis, Kuwatis and Arabs countries that have oil?

If you want to lump all as one...then there is no basis for this thread.

1 Like

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by horsepower101: 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2018
95% of Nigeria's forex comes from oil sales.

Nigeria and especially the North will be in big trouble in the coming years.

Those who historically know how to survive will continue to survive.

9 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by trillville(m): 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2018
Topics such as this one helped Buhari get elected. Nigerians need to stop thinking about natural resources and start thinking about increasing productivity.

The average Kano man is a farmer. Farming in Kano is a societal hobby. The issue is that most of this farm produce are not processed into higher yielding goods due to policy failures by the government.

How can any reasonable person call a hard worker a parasite because there is no oil on his land.

This topic is highly foolish. I believe only a southerner can defeat Buhari. Topics such these will only turn the north central and South west against the south east and South south.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by horsepower101: 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2018
trillville:
Topics such as this one helped Buhari get elected. Nigerians need to stop thinking about natural resources and start thinking about increasing productivity.

The average Kano man is a farmer. Farming in Kano is a societal hobby. The issue is that most of this farm produce are not processed into higher yielding goods due to policy failures by the government.

How can any reasonable person call a hard worker a parasite because there is no oil on his land.

This topic is highly foolish. I believe only a southerner can defeat Buhari. Topics such these will only turn the north central and South west against the south east and South south.

The statement above is exactly the type political correctness destroying Nigeria.

Continue sprinkling sugar to the bitter truth. Reality have no mercy when it strikes.

The north is extremely unproductive. Malnutrition and starvation is increasing while its going down all over the world. This has been confirmed by various outside independent agencies.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Cooly100: 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2018
trillville:

We are not talking about individuals here...Don't we have farmers in every region. Don't the farmers sell their produce and make a profit as they wish. We are talking about government resources and how they are shared.

Can you explain why Zamfara receives more from VAT on beer than Enugu, for instance?

That's called PARASITISM!!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2018
trillville:

This is not about indviduals in Kano or Delta but th regions and their government.
There is in Kano a lack of ideas I am sorry.

Is there oil in Ogun State?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by ibotic(f): 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2018
gidgiddy:

The same southern elements thst will be attacking Kanu, Ojukwu and any freedom fighter that rises up? Laughable

The economic resources of the south is the mainstay of the North, everybody knows this. That is why the North never wants to hear the words restructuring or Biafra, both ideologies will take away their stranglehold on Nigeria and force them to be up and doing.

Sharrapppp there.....Kanu was a thug who deserved the treatment he got and worse.....the ewu had no respect for no one......Ojukwu is different because in my opinion, he was pushed by the savages in the north caused by the other ignorant misguided murdering thug called Nzeogwu. Ojukwu’s Downfall was his arrogance.
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Cooly100: 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2018
ibotic:

Sharrapppp there.....Kanu was a thug who deserved the treatment he got and worse.....the ewu had no respect for no one......Ojukwu is different because in my opinion, he was pushed by the savages in the north caused by the other ignorant misguided murdering thug called Nzeogwu. Ojukwu’s Downfall was his arrogance.

What is your point?

So far, you have blamed everyone except yourself...

11 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2018
Just imagine there is no oil
Would we tax the people of Lagos to pay salaries in Kano?
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by ibotic(f): 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2018
Cooly100:

What is your point?

So far, you have blamed everyone except yourself...

And where have I blamed everyone
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by horsepower101: 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2018
ibotic:

So, He deserved to die for expressing his honest opinion that Nigerian union is not working and should breakup?

He even offered to debate on Live TV but nobody took up the challenge. Yet you call him a thug out of blind hate... But tomorrow you start complaining about Igbos and Lagos.

12 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by horsepower101: 7:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
0monnak0da:
Just imagine there is no oil
Would we tax the people of Lagos to pay salaries in Kano?

With the current system in place, YES!!! WE WOULD

For those in the so called south that hate Nnamdi Kanu, remember that he predicted that this would happen.

2 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Cooly100: 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2018
ibotic:

And where have I blamed everyone

Nigeria is chronically sick and dying...What is your idea on how to fix it...?

Are you there sitting pretty, blaming those who wanted a change...?

10 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by horsepower101: 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2018
Cooly100:

Nigeria is chronically sick and dying...What is your idea on how to fix it...?

Are you there sitting pretty, blaming those who wanted a change...?

Exactly....Anyone who is bold enough to risk their life and make a change, they all immediately hate the person. But they themselves never stand up to do anything.

9 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Cooly100: 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2018
horsepower101:

Exactly....Anyone who is bold enough to risk their life and make a change, they all immediately hate the person. But they themselves never stand up to do anything.

Nigeria is in the decaying state it finds itself because gullible people like that guy are in the majority.

11 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by horsepower101: 8:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
Cooly100:
The most annoying and selfish of all is the sharia states in the north..destroying and banning beer and yet collect the biggest cash from VAT and other taxes on beer...more than the south...SW and Eastern Nigeria have the biggest breweries in the land...

Don't worry, leave them alone.

When federal government start increasing tax with majority of it going to the North, they will understand.

8 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 8:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
cc Quotesystem grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by meccuno: 8:02pm On Mar 15, 2018
Nigeria will Divide eventually..............

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Told Me Atiku Will Win At The Tribunal – Prophet Olagunju / Ibos Committed Pogrom And Genocide On Our Race, Niger Deltan Region / Oyetola Commissioned Five Itra-city Road In Oshogbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.