Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

The Parasitic North Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Parasitic North Of Nigeria (4046 Views)

Is The SOUTH EAST Just As Parasitic As The North??? / RESPONSE TO: The Parasitic North of Nigeria. / Part 1. The Parasitic Plague That Has Bedeviled Nigeria’s Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Kestolovee95(f): 10:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
ibotic:
Until the south decides to grab the bull by its horns, we will continue to serve the interest of power grabbing mongers whose only hold on power is through violence.

Are you saying this as an 'ibotic' ewedu man or is the Dumbohari plague you inflicted on yourself due to hate for Igbo in 2015 dealing mercilessly with you and resetting your skull that you are now trying to run from formerly-embraced abooki-run #change programme?

4 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by melodyogonna(m): 11:09pm On Mar 15, 2018
0monnak0da:
Income tax does not accrue to the FG. I was talking about income tax. There are already taxes on goods and services. There is a limiit to which they can be increased.
at any rate most of the Goods produced in Nigeria are food which are produced in the North

food produced in the north? why is food scarce in the north then?

3 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 11:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
melodyogonna:

food produced in the north? why is food scarce in the north then?
Define Scarcity
Is food scarce in the North?
Have you gone to the market with money in your pocket and returned empty handed
Why is petrol scarce in Niigeria?
Anyway there is no logical reason to conclude from what I wrote that food should not be scarce in the north s I am not sure I understand you
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by ibotic(f): 1:40am On Mar 16, 2018
gidgiddy:

Kanu was a thug who deserved what he got? Really?

And the herdsmen are killers who got what? Ranches and cattle colonies?

You Nigerians reason thriugh your anus

Armed Herdsmen men killers destroyed lives and property, they get ranches and cattle colonies

Armed Boko haram destroyed lives and property, they got randsom money in the millions

Armed Niger Delta militant destroyed lives and oil installations, they got money and amnesty

OPC destroyed lives and property, they got amnesty, money and jobs

All these organizations took up arms snd killed people.

But as the ignoramus you are, you're headache is Kanu who didnt take up arms or kill anyone?

Get sense

Another feeble conflating issues....please find your level..
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by ibotic(f): 1:44am On Mar 16, 2018
Kestolovee95:

Are you saying this as an 'ibotic' ewedu man or is the Dumbohari plague you inflicted on yourself due to hate for Igbo in 2015 dealing mercilessly with you and resetting your skull that you are now trying to run from formerly-embraced abooki-run #change programme?

How can I hate a Flat.head when my siblings are all flat.heads.......
I know it partly affects our brains...
hence the gibberish you wrote up there....no
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by herraph: 4:36am On Mar 16, 2018
horsepower101:
The North is extremely parasitic and they know it. They don't even bother to deny it.

Unlike a political north, there is no political south. There has never been a political south and there will never be a political south.

So when people keep saying things like " the south should do this or that", I keep wondering, which south are they talking about?

Just like how our churches are divided so is our political power.
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Purehuman(m): 7:15am On Mar 16, 2018
TheCabal:

You mean the lazy youth of the south. Many of whom will rather turn to prostitution, than learn a trade or join cultist and fraudsters.
Some raise as much as 500K to go to libya. Then turn around and tell you Nigeria is hard. I wonder what Nigeria would be if the northerners started to display the oliver twist syndrome plaguing the youths of the se and sw.

How many northerners are on big brother today; they are busy on the farms toiling.

From Benue up all the way to Kebbi, the peasants are tilling the soil day and night.

Most of oil, at least 90% comes from the south-south. This region is the region that has produced the bulk of the wealth since agriculture was abandoned in the North.

70% of the northern youths are receiving income that are not taxed. Is it the mai shayi that are taxed or the Keke driver? Is it the tomato seller or the advanced Almajiri? They are not taxed for a day while others pay different taxes because they belong to one association or the other.

The agriculture you are yapping about is same. The notion that the north are agriculturally conscious has made the federal government allocate more subsidies to them while they leave the south to scramble for little.

2 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by OjukwuWarBird: 7:18am On Mar 16, 2018
Turantula:

Well said. But until we start discussing this topic the status quo will forever remain. Mind you apart from South South, South West contribute most to the Federation very much more than the South East. So nobody should be turning against anybody. The difference is that some people are prepared to work while some insist on 'Monkey work, Baboon whack'

Open a seaport in the East especially Ibaka seaport at Akwa Ibom and watch the region generate more revenue than the rest of Nigeria.
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by OjukwuWarBird: 7:22am On Mar 16, 2018
omohayek:
Oh, and just because I'm feeling generous today, let me say that I actually understated the dominance of the SW in Nigeria's non-oil GDP: Lagos alone is responsible for 65% of the entire country's non-oil economy, without even accounting for economic activity in Ogun or Oyo.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/examining-lagos-state-gdp-figures/
https://www.ft.com/content/c2873917-6890-3dd2-9ae8-85119971a325

The available poverty indicators by region support what the IGR numbers already tell us, which is that the SW (and not just Lagos) is by far the most productive part of the country.

http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/nigeria/publication/nigeria-economic-report-improved-economic-outlook-in-2014-and-prospects-for-continued-growth-look-good

As for official Nigerian government stats on GDP by sector, the latest ones are available from

http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary?queries[search]=GDP

and they show agriculture having fallen to just 21.35% of the economy as of Q1 2017, with industry + services amounting to 78.66%. Oil only amounted to 8.9% of the entire economy.

So, I've done my bit to produce hard evidence to back my claims. Instead of being asked to produce more and more figures as if I were a clerk being paid for his time, I say let's see who can produce any solid evidence - and not mere anecdotes about northern peasant farmers "feeding" the country and so on - contradicting anything I've said about northern vs southern productivity.

If Ibaka seaport is built, The SE will generate more revenue than all the other regions put together.

The entrepreneur spirit of the Igbos will lead to massive industrialization

3 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 7:45am On Mar 16, 2018
trillville:
Topics such as this one helped Buhari get elected. Nigerians need to stop thinking about natural resources and start thinking about increasing productivity.

The average Kano man is a farmer. Farming in Kano is a societal hobby. The issue is that most of this farm produce are not processed into higher yielding goods due to policy failures by the government.

How can any reasonable person call a hard worker a parasite because there is no oil on his land.

This topic is highly foolish. I believe only a southerner can defeat Buhari. Topics such these will only turn the north central and South west against the south east and South south.
But think of it, how can any truly hardworking man with all the technological advancement still depend on others for regular help? What is the point if the average kano man produces so much children that the huge fruit of his hardwork still leaves him too poor to cater for them?
A people who reject education because they aren't catching up with the other side are clearly parasitic.

7 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Truthcat: 9:19am On Mar 16, 2018
@ op, I saw your other comments and it seems you are driving a narrative here, but since I don't know how to walk on eggshells, I will dive in and go straight to the koko.

What do you think? Is north parasitic in your own opinion? And please what's the purpose of this topic?

So true!

There was a report about the north contributing 2.5% to the federation which will probably be from the middle belt if true and they know it won't be enough to support their reckless and wasteful lifestyles, reason they are holding on to one Nigeria. When trillions of naira is taken from the SW to develop the north and by extension Chad and Niger, but Lagos denied. Sucking others to get fat is the true definition of a parasite. As Yoruba you should be very angry with the north and not create a topic that makes it look like you are blowing smoke up their jerijeri ass.

2 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Truthcat: 9:27am On Mar 16, 2018
And they want to use money from alcohol taxes from other places to rebuild what they burned down themselves. Until the rest of cowardly Nigerians start to drag their reps out and give them jungle justice, they will continue to be hypnotized by gambari. They give birth and give to their neighbors to raise for them, useless can't begin to describe them.

CodeTemplar:
But think of it, how can any truly hardworking man with all the technological advancement still depend on others for regular help' What is the point if the average kano man produces so much children that the huge fruit of his hardwork still leaves him too poor to cater for them?
A people who reject education because they aren't catching up with the other side are clearly parasitic.

2 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:
There is a widely held notion in the South of Nigeria that the North is a parasitic appendage that contributes little or nothing economically to our commonwealth and only takes and takes.

Many Northerners resent hearing this but is is true?

What is the true state of affairs

What are the facts and where are the figures?

Are we being unfair to the North.

I know that a large proportion of our GDP is from agriculture which is based in the North.

But the contribution argument roponents would argue that component is not taxed and does not accrue to the Federation account: which is money shared at the centre and used to fund the police,iMilitary and even provide allocations to State and Local governent. In short the entire government is funded by money from the south while the North sits around waiting for oil money and VAT money from the South which they use in building mosques and going to Mecca.

Is this fair? Is it true

listen to an authority from the north.

https://www.nairaland.com/2868624/north-poverty-trap-shettima#42021989
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 10:19am On Mar 16, 2018
OjukwuWarBird:

If Ibaka seaport is built, The SE will generate more revenue than all the other regions put together.

The entrepreneur spirit of the Igbos will lead to massive industrialization

But Ibaka is not in the SE or for th SE .Is that not parasitism . A port built in other people's region would allow SE generat more revenue than them while they clap for you?

Please spare us that self decetive excuse.
Switzerland is landlocked and is industrialized a lot .

Industrialization has little to do with Ibaka that is just a self indulgent alibi.
Austria too is landlocked as is Ethiopia and Ethiopia is doing brilliantly ditto for Rwand which has a National carrier a feat Nigeria cannot manage. The best run airline in Afria is Ethiopian Airlines

2 Likes

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 10:28am On Mar 16, 2018
OjukwuWarBird:

Open a seaport in the East especially Ibaka seaport at Akwa Ibom and watch the region generate more revenue than the rest of Nigeria.

There was a seaport one upon a time both in Calabar and Lagos and the British decided in their wisdom that they preferred Lagos and the rest is history.
No one is going to open a seaport anymore there is no money in the government which has just swallowed and failed to account for the trillions it generated from Lagos .The only way any more seaports will open is if the state governments go to work and convince investors to put money down as is happening in Lekki or if the price of oil goes to $100 and Akwa Ibo enjoys another windfall. The Money used to build the Uyo stadium which is used 4 times a year could have been spent on a port.The money Ibori stole could have been spent on a port.

The port in Lagos has been generating millions for over 100 years it did not start at independence or with oil money as many ignorantly assume.
Check this out
https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 10:40am On Mar 16, 2018
Truthcat:
@ op, I saw your other comments and it seems you are driving a narrative here, but since I don't know how to walk on eggshells, I will dive in and go straight to the koko.

What do you think? Is north parasitic in your own opinion? And please what's the purpose of this topic?

So true!

There was a report about the north contributing 2.5% to the federation which will probably be from the middle belt if true and they know it won't be enough to support their reckless and wasteful lifestyles, reason they are holding on to one Nigeria. When trillions of naira is taken from the SW to develop the north and by extension Chad and Niger, and Lagos denied. Sucking others to get fat is the true definition of a parasite. As Yoruba you should be very angry with the north and not create a topic that makes it look like you are blowing smoke up their jerijeri ass.

Lol. I want to be a moderator
I want to be objective and unbiassed. Let us hear and challenge both perspectives .
I was sincerelyy hoping to get some facts and figures like IGR and allocations to states and also to LGAs so we can analyse the data. I would like to look at what the data looks like with and without the 13% derivation
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Truthcat: 10:55am On Mar 16, 2018
Ok then, I'm just now going to bed, I will be back throughout the day to check the interesting thread.
0monnak0da:

Lol. I want to be a moderator
I want to be objective and unbiassed. Let us hear and challenge both perspectives .
I was sincerelyy hoping to get some facts and figures like IGR and allocations to states and also to LGAs so we can analyse the data. I would like to look at what the data looks like with and without the 13% derivation
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 16, 2018
smiley
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by ODVanguard: 12:40pm On Mar 16, 2018
OjukwuWarBird:

When will you people ever stop regurgitating this tired and stvpid crap about lack of seaport in the 'East' (which today represents both the SS and SE)? Why must you wait for another port to be opened in Akwa Ibom when the region already has 4 functioning seaports there in your backyard (2 in Rivers, 1 in Delta, and 1 in Cross River) before showing the 'stuff' the igbo are made of? What are your igbo entrepreneurs waiting for that they refuse to make their 'statement' via the seaports already on ground in the East, that they have to wait for yet another one before showing their 'entrepreneurial magic'?? Lagos doesn't even get a dime from the seaports in its domain (all the revenues from the ports go straight to the FG), yet you people would make it seem as though there's no single seaport in your so-called 'East'. When will you igbos quit making excuses for your collective failures as a people? Now you are hinging your region's IGR improvement on Ibaka seaport? What happened to all the 2x2 traders that liter Aba (your 'japan of Africa'), and Onitsha ('land of trillionaires')?? Oh, you are waiting for Akwa Ibom to help you build your IGR huh? Na so.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2018
ODVanguard:

When will you people ever stop regurgitating this tired and stvpid crap about lack of seaport in the 'East' (which today represents both the SS and SE)? Why must you wait for another port to be opened in Akwa Ibom when the region already has 4 functioning seaports there in your backyard (2 in Rivers, 1 in Delta, and 1 in Cross River) before showing the 'stuff' the igbo are made of? What are your igbo entrepreneurs waiting for that they refuse to make their 'statement' via the seaports already on ground in the East, that they have to wait for yet another one before showing their 'entrepreneurial magic'?? Lagos doesn't even get a dime from the seaports in its domain (all the revenues from the ports go straight to the FG), yet you people would make it seem as though there's no single seaport in your so-called 'East'. When will you igbos quit making excuses for your collective failures as a people? Now you are hinging your region's IGR improvement on Ibaka seaport? What happened to all the 2x2 traders that liter Aba (your 'japan of Africa'), and Onitsha ('land of trillionaires')?? Oh, you are waiting for Akwa Ibom to help you build your IGR huh? Na so.
I tired

abi na I tire.

It is alway one alibi or the other

1 Like

Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 5:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
Cooly100:

We are not talking about individuals here...Don't we have farmers in every region. Don't the farmers sell their produce and make a profit as they wish. We are talking about government resources and how they are shared.

Can you explain why Zamfara receives more from VAT on beer than Enugu, for instance?

That's called PARASITISM!!!
This is indeed one of the things that would fuel bitterness if it proves to be true.
Re: The Parasitic North Of Nigeria by 0monnak0da: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2018
Northern Nigeroa the quintessential parasite that contributes nothing positive to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obis Lie Busted About His ICT Involvement In Anambra. Pic / EFCC Must Probe 8th NASS Over Legislative Aides’ Pay – Group / Tacha Cruises With Donald Duke On His Power Bike In Calabar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.