Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

What Happens To The Engagement Ring? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens To The Engagement Ring? (31417 Views)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by MissRaine69(f): 1:05am On Mar 23, 2018
Sagamite:

Choosing what wisely?
Life choices
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Equiano: 1:06am On Mar 23, 2018
If the ring is pure gold or diamond, the lady should keep it as her pension from the guy. but the ring is "aboki" ring, pls return ASAP

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 1:11am On Mar 23, 2018
MissRaine69:

Life choices

Unfortunately, that is not adequate for the argument.

The point is the injustice and bias.

You can't say "oh make better choices then".

It is like saying women are being sexually harassed at work and the government would not do anything about it, and then you say "oh, they should make better choices about where they work and what kind of work they do".

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by MissRaine69(f): 1:18am On Mar 23, 2018
Sagamite:

Unfortunately, that is not adequate for the argument.

The point is the injustice and bias.

You can't say "oh make better choices then".

It is like saying women are being sexually harassed at work and the government would not do anything about it, and then you say "oh, they should make better choices about where they work and what kind of work they do".
Easy there alright!
Was not referring to the subject matter
It was a general flippant remark
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by baby124: 2:28am On Mar 23, 2018
Was the ring a gift? If yes, then she keeps it. No one begged you to propose with something you cannot afford to lose. The fiancé GAVE her the ring. He did not lend it to her.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 4:04am On Mar 23, 2018
Evince:

Is that ur final answer.
I guess u are wearing tinted glass when u read the question
no .i wasnt
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 4:54am On Mar 23, 2018
I miss the old days of Nairaland with Sagamite, MrCork, Itsmodella, Ifyalways etc
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by BabaRamota1980: 5:06am On Mar 23, 2018
Sagamite:
When an engagement is cancelled and the couple previously intending to marry decide to go their separate ways, what do you think should happen to the engagement ring?

You are supposed to send me the ring. cheesy
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by henrygale(m): 5:32am On Mar 23, 2018
Very simple question ;
Relationship fails or she turns down your proposal, the simple thing is either turn down the ring(return the ring) or throw it away as some people will do.
But some other greedy ladies will weigh the cost of the ring, especially if it's an original diamond ring, and greedily decide to keep it. That's wrong tho and God just saved the guy from such ladies.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Babygiwa(f): 6:11am On Mar 23, 2018
It ought to be returned
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Coldfeets: 6:22am On Mar 23, 2018
2buffagain:

Obviously whether she keeps it or not is not an issue to a classy man as I inferred in my post.

A classy girl would actually WANT to give it back because it represents something immaterial and she doesn't want to be reminded of what it represents.
It's like keeping pictures of your ex. Who needs that baggage?

Where-as the mind of A takist female would just want to sha collect something material make nothing for loss. Takism is the foundation of a prostitution mindset.

New words:

Takist.

Takism.

Oga m, you are a pro.

Wehdone sah.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Shugavee(f): 6:31am On Mar 23, 2018
Evince:

Keeping the ring for what again naa. Think b4 u post. U shouldn't think from Anus swty
didn't u see where I said i will return it, please if ur looking for who to troll, go else where!!
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Shugavee(f): 6:34am On Mar 23, 2018
baby124:
Was the ring a gift? If yes, then she keeps it. No one begged you to propose with something you cannot afford to lose. The fiancé GAVE her the ring. He did not lend it to her.
simple!! If she returns it fine, if she doesn't, fine!! It's all her choice to make
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by vivypretty(f): 6:45am On Mar 23, 2018
Evince:

It was symbolic license to own the dick so since the dick ain't hers again why keep the license?

just to remember the wasted years with the dick

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by BafanaBafana: 7:43am On Mar 23, 2018
kimbraa:
And what a "classy" man as used in this context would do if she does give him the ring is that she keeps it.

No no no.
The engagement ring isn't just a jewelry. It is something like a seal of agreement and should be returned if the agreement is cancelled.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:44am On Mar 23, 2018
Sagamite:

WTF are you guys smoking? grin

I am asking because I am actually interested in what some of these feminists would say.

Where are they?

@Stillfire @MissWrite @Cococandy @Shaybaby @Shugavee @Ladyhippolyta88 @highqueen @Amarabae @ReinaFarine
This is a typical response from a so called full bloodied nigerian male suffering from a serious case of inferiority complex. All the likes of you do when u hear the word "feminist" is to start frothing from d A-hole and get horn.y.

You actually opened a thread to hear what naturally strong-minded and opinionated women have to say over this issue. Smh. Go and collect your ring back from that flossie and stop wasting our time / data with your infantile behaviour.

@ 2buffagain: will add the word Takist to my vocab from now on smiley

5 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:47am On Mar 23, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

This is a typical response from a so called full bloodied nigerian male suffering from a serious case of inferiority complex. All the likes of you do when u hear the word "feminist" is to start frothing from d A-hole and get horn.y.

You actually opened a thread to hear what naturally strong-minded and opinionated women have to say over this issue. Smh. Go and collect your ring back from that flossie and stop wasting our time / data with your infantile behaviour.
Thank you that was why I avoided the thread even though he mentioned me.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Iwanttoto: 7:47am On Mar 23, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

E pain am grin

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by idu1(m): 7:54am On Mar 23, 2018
nonut:

You never marry since? If na to cuss people up and down you go sabi am wella.
grin

If you can know this guy. This is not your first moniker.
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Bahddo(m): 7:54am On Mar 23, 2018
Shugavee:
simple!! If she returns it fine, if she doesn't, fine!! It's all her choice to make
typical parasitic lady that doesn't give a damn about common sense.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by nonye6194: 8:29am On Mar 23, 2018
Shugavee:
It's her decision to make, keeping the ring or not doesn't make her bad nor good cause hey it's over already, but i personally will return it!!!

her decision to keep or return? keeping a ring after an engagement is called off speaks volumes. Like she's not over the break up or is the crazy ass type

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by cococandy(f): 8:44am On Mar 23, 2018
Sagamite:

WTF are you guys smoking? grin

I am asking because I am actually interested in what some of these feminists would say.

Where are they?

@Stillfire @MissWrite @Cococandy @Shaybaby @Shugavee @Ladyhippolyta88 @highqueen @Amarabae @ReinaFarine
I would give it back.

Wearing your ring means that I agree to marry you.

When that agreement is no longer in place, there is no reason to keep it.

And this topic has nothing to do with feminism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Shugavee(f): 8:49am On Mar 23, 2018
nonye6194:

her decision to keep or return? keeping a ring after an engagement is called off speaks volumes. Like she's not over the break up or is the crazy ass type
yeah some people dont care, i really find it funny that guys still expect women to prove themselves after a break up!!!
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Shugavee(f): 8:51am On Mar 23, 2018
Bahddo:
typical parasitic lady that doesn't give a damn about common sense.
shove it up ur ass

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 23, 2018
kimbraa:
And what a "classy" man as used in this context would do if she does give him the ring is that she keeps it.

A Takist is talking.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Evince(m): 9:06am On Mar 23, 2018
vivypretty:

just to remember the wasted years with the dick

I hv tired for u. Ok keep remembering.

To me it is not worth keeping
Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 9:23am On Mar 23, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

If you had any brain in your head, you would be able to comprehend the point of the thread.

But I guess peanuts are not brains.

If I waste your data, why don't you text one of your mugu guys to send you a top-up?

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 9:36am On Mar 23, 2018
cococandy:

I would give it back.

Wearing your ring means that I agree to marry you.

When that agreement is no longer in place, there is no reason to keep it.

And this topic has nothing to do with feminism.

Well, you got the point and mentality right.

The topic has something to do with feminism because:

a) It exposes the hyprocrisy of feminism, as those fighting for equality and disadvantages of a sex tend to only focus on the disadvantages to one sex only, hence cannot be about equality.

b) I am exposing how laws in certain countries with advanced feminism is actually discriminatory against one gender, and that is not the female gender.

c) I always like to highlight the inherent selfishness of women.

d) I am exposing how feminism has embedded an insidious and sub-conscious premise that women should only have rights, not responsibilities and even courts are following that mantra, hence embedding discrimination against men.

That is why you can see the feminist likes of aflyingbird saying:

"If he is the one that breaks of the engagement, then he should be punish. If she is the one that breaks off the engagement, she should not be allowed to punish him." To feminist like her, that is "equality".

That is not the first time or the only scenario where one hears such illogicality of "equality" from women. Another is when I have heard them say:

"If a man cheats in a marriage, the courts should award her half of his assets".

And when I ask them, what if it is the wife that cheated:

"Oh, then she should not get half". grin

What great deal. Who wouldn't want that.

Heads, I win; tails, well, I lose nothing. grin grin grin grin

That selfishness drives this philosophy that women should have all the rights but no responsilities and this should be the basis of legislation. Of course anyone without responsibilities can never be at fault, but those with rights can always be beneficiaries, otherwise they are "victims". Rights gives powers, responsibilities gives obligation. That is what has become the position of feminism and what I have been trying to highlight.

I am a very strong social observation that can see trends others can't see. My brain is live a 360 degrees night-vision-equipped, forensic goggles that panoramically sees what is going on while everyone else is in the dark and looking straight ahead. There are more threads I can create to highlight this. This is just one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 9:38am On Mar 23, 2018
Shugavee:

Why should it be fine if she does not return it?

Did she buy it?

Is she fulfilling the intention it was bought for?

You are a feminist! Remember?

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Sagamite(m): 9:50am On Mar 23, 2018
baby124:

Explain too me how an engagement ring can be a gift.

Would you also be saying: "Did anyone beg her to leave her job and stay at home. If you know you don't want to be left destitute, then always go back to work and don't depend on a man. She was raising HER kids, and she wanted to. Kick her out with nothing after divorce".

Selfish a bit?

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by Coldfeets: 9:53am On Mar 23, 2018
aflyingbird:

Daughter of a Lawyer ko. If you were, YOU SHOULD KNOW that an engagement ring can be a gift if given on special days like birthdays, Val's day, Christmas and other holidays. If you were, YOU SHOULD KNOW there are times when people give engagement rings as a form of gift-exchange too. In situations like these an engagement ring is considered a gift and the woman keeps it.

Daughter of a Lawyer ko. With your poor replies and the rate at which you keep posting fake pictures on your profile claiming them as yours, I hear you.

Why are you attacking missraine69?

She's making a whole lot of sense in her posts on this thread.

You got a personal beef to settle with her or something?

Damn!

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Engagement Ring? by nonye6194: 10:09am On Mar 23, 2018
Shugavee:
yeah some people dont care, i really find it funny that guys still expect women to prove themselves after a break up!!!

This isn't about proofing anything, I doubt many gives two shits about an ex they're over with. She can keep any other thing the guy gave her e.g. gifts etc, same goes for the guy.

But something with so much significance like a ring shouldn't be held back by the female or male (since guys are getting proposed to these days).

Whether it's a crazy carat ring or a cheap ass one, returning it should be the ONLY option for me. There are no alternatives to it.

Good enough you said you'd return it in your first post, I just had to counter the part you mentioned 'its her choice'. I remember reading a paper about some estranged couple fighting in court over some ring he proposed with. Like girl get over him, it'll look like she isn't over him. don't make the one that proposed feel mighty because you didn't return the ring. QED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Woman Delivers Quadruplets After Over 20 Years Of Waiting / Website To Buy Wedding Engagement Rings: Family Making / 55-Yr-Old Woman Delivers Twin Baby Boys After Years Of Barrenness- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.