Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Lethal Matrimony - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lethal Matrimony (89610 Views)

Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] / Matrimony Of Secrets / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2018
smiley smileyfamily drama.
Giannaaaaaa:

DARA

Dara clasped her hands together and watched her husband's family in awe. Her mother in law and her dramatics.
"Everyday she tells her husband that she hates us.  That she wants us out of the house" Adanna said.
Mama raised her hand above her head.
"Mazi, can you hear this?  After carrying my own son for nine solid months,  catering for his needs,  training him in school, this witch doesn't want me to enjoy the fruit of my labour!" mama wailed.
Jidenna placed his hands on his wife's thighs and rubbed it in a comforting gesture.
"Jidenna, mba it is a bad thing. You will not send your family away because of a strange woman" Mazi uchendu said.
"uncle, thank you for coming today. I don't know why mama called you, there's no problem with my family. Dara isn't a strange woman, she's my wife. She only expressed her thoughts to me and I've settled it" Jidenna said casually.
"Shut up there! Mazi Uchendu my son has been bewitched. This girl here, she won't rest until she's destroyed us. Pastor Levi look at her, do you know that this woman has deprived my son from having children. Ada what's that thing she's been using?" Mama asked Adanna.
"Contraceptives, Dara has been using contraceptives. That's why my brother doesn't have any children" Adanna hissed.
Dara frowned, she turned to Jidenna but he said nothing. She shook her head in disappointment.
"Kedu ihe bụ ihe ahụ?" Mazi uchendu asked confused.
"mazi, it is medicine that doesn't allow her to get pregnant no matter what my son tries. She's purposely denied my son children, and he says nothing. Isn't that signs of bewitchment?" mama asked.
"God forbid, you mean she's the cause of their childlessness? Abomination!!!!" Mazi eyed Dara in disgust.
"She has to leave my son!" Mama said with a note of finality.
Pastor Levi cleared his throat this time.
"Mama please, forgive your daughter in law. She's offended you but you have to forgive her. She's only a child, she needs guidance. You have to be patient with her" Pastor Levi said.
"Pastor Levi, she doesn't want to learn. She insults my mother, she doesn't listen to mama" Adanna hissed.
"you're the one to talk, why aren't you in your husband's house? You have brought your family to my own husband house and you don't even acknowledge me as the second head of the house" Dara said.
"Shut up before I slap your ugly face there" Adanna got up in anger.
"Ehn Ehn Ada sit down. You have no right at all to slap your brother's wife in her own house" Mazi uchendu said.
Pastor Levi sighed tiredly before picking up his bible. After a long sermon, he prayed for the family and left the decision making to Mazi Uchendu as the traditional head of the family.
"Adanna, our wife is right. You have to leave your brother's house. This is not your home, you can visit but you don't have to make this a home for your own family. I will speak to your husband, it's not done" Mazi Uchendu cleared his throat.
"As for our wife, Dara. You have to respect your husband's mother, she's also your mother. You also have to give your husband children, he needs heirs. If you won't do these things and I get another complaint from your mother In law, we will send you out of this house and bring another woman for our son. Jidenna knows what will happen if he stops us, he will be disowned. Behave yourself, you're no longer a child. You're a wife, act like one" Mazi uchendu said.
Dara smiled and nodded, Adanna on the other hand looked like a wounded lion.
"Ehm, thank you uncle. Thank you for coming. I'm very sorry that mama had to disturb your stay in the village, I will compensate you for your troubles" Jidenna said.
"Thank you my son, you know how women behave. I do not think this is a serious matter, it's a small family thing that could have been handled by you. You're the head of this home, you have to make them see you as the head" Mazi picked up a piece of kola.
"Thank you Nna, I'm glad his matter has been settled. Let me go and get you food to eat before you begin your journey. Will you be taking the night bus?" Mama asked.
"I want to take aeroplane, you people have stressed me, put me inside aeroplane with big chair, and AC" Mazi uchendu said.
Adanna glared at the man distastefully. 'Old fool' she muttered.
"That will be arranged uncle, Dara why don't you show uncle to the guest room" Jidenna turned to Dara.
"Okay" Dara picked up the sack bag on the floor and beckoned to the old man to follow her.
Jidenna waited for the duo to leave the room before turning to his mother and his sister angrily.
"What kind of embarrassment was that? You've both turned my house into a circus, airing out my dirty laundry in public. What kind of nonsense is that? I've ignored the drama in this house for too long. Adanna I'm giving you a one month notice, find a house for your family and leave my house. And mama, the minute Olanna finishes her exams you will return to enugu. There's no business for you here in Lagos, I've had enough. My wife and I would love some privacy!" Jidenna hissed and walked out of the living room.
"Mama, didn't I tell you we shouldn't invite that old fool to this house?" Adanna asked.
"Ada, enough. I'm tired" Mama shook her head.
"I'm not going to leave this luxury, I'm not leaving this house. If you don't do something about it, I will" Adanna hissed and went over to her own room.
Mama watched her first child and wondered what Adanna's next move would be.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Kaycee9242(m): 12:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
Gianaaaaaaaaa well done keep it coming u are really good

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 1:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
CASSIE

Cassie didn't sleep a wink through out the night. She couldn't, not after what she'd done with Dele. Now that her lust had been sated, she felt empty, used, worthless. Tears stained her pillow as she tried to stop thinking about what she'd done.
She checked the clock on the wall and wondered what time Tobi would come up, if he'd notice anything odd.

Tobi's head was pounding crazy when he woke up. His neck hurt and his legs were cramped. He looked up and noticed he was in the living room. Why? The last thing he remembered was taking one drink with Dele, since when did he get drunk from one drink. He got up and stretched trying to come to terms with what had happened, did he have more drinks?
He picked up his blazer and walked out of the living room into the hall. Cassie was Asleep when he got upstairs. He wondered if she'd met him drunk downstairs, how about Dele?
"Cas" he muttered kissing her on the neck. Her eyes flicked open, they were red and swollen.
"Are you okay?" he asked concerned, she must have been crying.
"I'm fine" she muttered turning to lay flat on her back.
"Cassie were you crying?" he asked. Did he need to ask, it was obvious she had cried.
Cassie brushed her hand over her cheeks, she had to come up With something quickly. She couldn't have Tobi being suspicious.
"Us... " she muttered.
Tobi leaned closer.
"What about us?" he said. She lifted her hand and brushed his face.
"We will never be happy Tobi" she said.
"Don't say that Cassandra, we can be happy" he frowned.
"How? You wouldn't stay faithful, I won't have children for you. How can we be happy?" she asked him.
"I haven't been with any other woman since out wedding, it's been hard Cassie" Tobi sighed.
"But I don't want to see you hurt again, I'm trying. You need to try for us Cassie. I will never let any harm come to our children, never!" Tobi said strongly.
Cassie nodded and leaned up to kiss him.
She needed to forget about Dele, She needed to get his traces of her skin.
"I forgive you" she said. She couldn't hold a grudge against him, not after she'd cheated. She only hoped he'd forgive her too if he ever found out.
Tobi smiled wrapping his arms around his wife.
"Thank you, I won't disappoint you Cassie. I swear, I won't ever" he kissed her forehead.
"I love you so much, thank you for forgiving me" he murmured.
She nodded, I can only hope you forgive me too Tobi.
Tobi got into bed with his wife, surely their lives would be back to normal now that she'd forgiven him. He kissed her again. They could start the family he'd always dreamed of.
His hand slipped into her robe and he touched her tummy.
"I would never put our kids in danger, trust me Cassie" he said.
"I trust you, Tobi just kiss me" she said. They would cross that bridge later, for now she just wanted him to make her forget her mistake last night.
Surely sleeping with Tobi would erase that mistake from her mind.

It didn't, the moment she walked downstairs into the kitchen after Tobi had left for work, it was Dele she met in the kitchen.
"The unfaithful wife" he chuckled.
Her breath hitched, she turned to face him.
"Listen to me bastard, I don't know who you think you are but don't you dare call me names" she yelled at him.
He held her arm in a bruising grip.
"No you listen to me, what do you take me for? A quick lay when you're bored of your husband? You don't know who I think I am? I'm the man you fùcked last night, the man you were moaning under the minute I shoved my dïck into you" he said his mouth dropped to her lips and he bit her hard.
"You sick fück let go off me now!!!" she yelled at him tears ran down her cheeks.
"Listen to me Cassie, I wanted you, I've had you, and I want more. You're going to satisfy me or the whole family will find out about your one night stand with the bastard" he bit her neck harshly.
"Dele please stop, we don't have to do this again. I'm sorry I led you on but I don't want this anymore. Dele let go off me" She sobbed.
"Aww pretty girl you're crying, why are you crying? Go on...it only turns me on" he chuckled.
Cassie gasped realizing that Dele was probably sick in the head, really sick in the head.
"Now we're going to go back to your room, the bed you share with my dumb brother and you're going to suck my côck while we talk about my fiancee who got pregnant for your fücked up husband who couldn't keep his dîck in his fückïng pants!" he shouted.
"Dele, stop it. You need help you're sick" she tried to pull away but he held her close.
"The story has not ended but it's going to have a happy ending. The bastard got to fück his brother's precious wife, the only woman he'd ever loved. Karma is a bîtch ey?" he laughed.
Tears ran down her face, what the hell had she gotten into?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 08, 2018
well done Ma.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by aprilwise(m): 2:08pm On Apr 08, 2018
Nice story. more ideas to u

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Ibunkun1(m): 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2018
Yaaaaay,gbeseee Ree O

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
I wonder how men keep up with their conscience after being unfaithful to their partners...

See the torment Cassie has gotten herself into...
More update swthrt.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 8:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
Lobatan, cassie hw market?

Tanks a lot 4d update

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by labelle123(f): 9:08pm On Apr 08, 2018
Two wrong can make right, now she is restless

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 1:03am On Apr 09, 2018
NENE

Nene looked at Richard in disbelief, he'd gone behind her back to get a lawyer and was already making plans to divorce. That didn't matter to her, he wanted full custody of their child!
"Are you nuts!" she asked.
Richard remain silent, he wondered why Idara hadn't called him to warn him before hand.
"Nene believe me, I tried to put up with this. You made it difficult for me... I... "
Nene cut him off angrily.
"Oh shut up, stop acting like I was a terrible wife to you or this marriage was the worst thing that happened to you" she yelled.
'But it was' Richard thought but said nothing.
"I made you rich, you bastard!" she screamed at him.
"I didn't want this, my life was so much better before" Richard said.
"Don't you dare say that!" Nene yelled and then she flung the ceramic bowl on the dining table at him.
He ducked quickly and looked at her in shock but she wasn't done.
Dish after dish hit the floor, the ultimate tantrum.
"Nene stop, please calm down. You might hurt the baby" Richard said calmly.
"Shut up, don't you dare tell me what to do. It's my house. I don't care if you divorce me, you're not getting a dime out of my wealth gold-diging bastard" she screamed flinging an antique jug his direction.
Richard watched his mad, soon to be ex wife and wondered truly if she was possessed.
"You're not taking my child, you're getting nothing from me!" she yelled.
"Nene listen to me, you'll hurt yourself or the baby" Richard said.
"Get out of my house" Nene said clutching the dining table.
Richard sighed and went closer to her to calm her down.
"Get out of my house Richard" she hit him angrily.
"Nene stop!" he shouted but she wouldn't stop sending more hits and slapping him. And she gave tough slaps for someone her size.
"Get out Richard and never come back. Get out!" she slapped him hard.
Richard glared at her before walking out of the house.
Nene broke down and picked up her phone to dial Cassie's number.
After a few rings, she couldn't get to Cassie. She dropped her phone and headed to the mini bar.
In months she'd not tasted a drop of alcohol, the doctor said it wasn't healthy for her baby. Now, she just needed comfort, alcohol comfort.

"Why did you do that Richard?" his mother asked.
"I can't stand that woman mum, she drives me crazy!" Richard yelled.
"Richard... your child!" his mother shouted.
"I intend to get full custody" Richard paced the room. He thought about Nene, she'd been angry but he could see that she was genuinely hurt. He couldn't let his child grow up with that woman, she's crazy, spoilt and violent.
"And do you know what it's like to raise your child alone. I can't believe you'd want to separate the child from it's mother" His mother said shaking her head. Nene was not the best person in the room but she couldn't imagine her son taking her child away from his wife.
"I can mum, you'll help. I'll get a nanny too" Richard sighed, didn't his mother want his happiness?
"I don't think that's wise, I think Nene is a troubled woman she just needs a little love and patience Richard" His mother insisted.
"I've been patient" Richard complained.
"You haven't been married for a year, I've seen you and Nene together. She yells, you yell back, how are you going to get through to her that way. You need to take things slow" his mother advised.
"I can't mum, I'm done" Richard said.
"Is this about Idara? you know how I feel about that girl. She's a closed chapter, give Nene some time. There's something about Nene, I think she needs help" His mother said.
'Yeah psychological help, she's a mad woman' Richard thought shaking his head.
" Richard don't something you'd regret. Every child needs it's mother, give Nene some time. I honestly feel like being a mother might change Nene" his mother smiled.
Richard refused to accept that, he wanted out and he wanted out fast.

His phone rang and he checked the caller it was Nene's mother. He groaned and declined the call, he didn't want to hear anything from those people.
"Who is that?" his mother asked.
"It's no one important, never mind" Richard said. He sighed, he'd stay here for the night and return home tomorrow.
Hopefully Nene would be calm when he gets back to the house.

6 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by aprilwise(m): 7:20am On Apr 09, 2018
Nice one. Nene won't accept reality while Cassie put herself in a deep mess that is deeper than her imagination. thanks for the updates.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2018
Tasks 4d update

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 6:20pm On Apr 09, 2018
DARA

Dara wrapped her legs around her husband in delight.
"I love you so much" she kissed his lips.
Jidenna brushed his hands down her back.
"You could have given her a week's notice though, your sister is so annoying. Can you imagine she brought the pastor and your uncle to the house. I'm sure she advised mama to do that" Dara said kissing his cheeks.
"Stop it Dara" Jidenna said slightly irritated.
"Stop what?" Dara asked.
"You wanted Adanna out of the house, you've gotten your wish. Shut up about it already" Jidenna said pulling away from her embrace.
Dara looked at him hurt, "I'm just being grateful" She said.
"Grateful for? I didn't do it for you. I did it for myself, Ada had no right to act that way that's why she's leaving not because you asked for it" Jidenna said.
"Either way she's leaving" Dara said turning her back to him.
"Doesn't change anything, Ada will visit often. Mama isn't going anywhere" Jidenna said.
"Yet...mama isn't going anywhere yet. Mama will get bored here without Ada around and Olanna in school. She'll soon start asking to go back to Enugu" Dara countered.
"My brother isn't leaving anytime soon" Jidenna said.
"He's barely around, I can cope with that" Dara said.
"Eventually you'll get bored of being alone. I won't be home with you till evenings" Jidenna said.
"Let me worry about that" Dara frowned.
"Suit yourself" Jidenna murmured gruffly.
"I can invite my cousin over...." she muttered.
"Oh now you want to bring people into the house" Jidenna scoffed.
Dara turned to look at him.
"Jay, if your sister wasn't butting into our business everytime and sending insults my way I wouldn't have had a problem with her staying with us" Dara said.
If Adanna had been nicer to her and mama had actually treated her like a human she'd have been ok with them in the house. Instead they made the house uncomfortable for her, complaining about everything she did and insulting her. Imagine Ada had the nerve to call her a gold digger? She couldn't cope with them because they made her miserable.
"Whatever you say" Jidenna conceded.
"Jay why are you mad at me?" Dara asked.
"I'm not mad at you Dara, stop bothering me and sleep. Some of us have work in the morning" Jidenna said coldly.
She sighed and turned away sadly.

"Baba this is the friend I told you about, she needs help and I told her about you" Nkechi said.
The man was grey haired and he had three long marks slashed on each side of his face He looked up and smiled warmly.
"Welcome" he said.
"Thank you baba" Adanna looked around. She'd expected to see cow dung, blood and chicken feathers but she was surprised when Nkechi had ushered her into a well furnished apartment. This native man obviously lived in style.
"So how may I help you?" The man asked.
"I'm having a little family trouble, my brother's wife is trying to destroy our family. She's turned my brother against my mother and I. My own brother is on the verge of kicking my mother out of the house" Adanna said.
"That's terrible, I'm sorry for you and your brother too. No man deserves a bad wife" The man fingered his beards thoughtfully.
"What do want me to do?" He asked.
"I want my brother to stop listening to her, I want him to hate her, to ignore her" Adanna said.
"Ah...so I should make a charm to affect your brother. Or would you rather I do it to affect the wife?" The man asked.
Adanna didn't want her brother in any form of danger so she shook her head.
"To affect the wife baba" she said.
"All right dear, I'll make the wife look so repulsive that no one will be able to stand her not even her husband, or her parents" The man smiled.
Ada thought about it and smiled in agreement.
"All right" she accepted.
"That'll be a hundred and fifty thousand. You'll transfer seventy five to my account in the evening and the other half when the charm works" the man said.
"Baba that's too expensive, please I don't have that much" Adanna said.
"Ada baba will do a good charm for you, I assure you it's worth the price. Close your eye and pay" Nkechi encouraged.
Nkechi thought of the money Emeka was saving to rent them a new house.
Was her revenge really worth this? She asked herself.
She saw Dara's face at the back of her mind and frowned.
Definitely, she despised Dara.
'if she won't let me enjoy my brother's wealth then she shouldn't either' Adanna hissed.
"All right baba it's a deal" she said.
Dara will be punished for everything she'd done.

6 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2018
Wahala dey oo

chai, human being sha

tanks a lot 4d update. Jah bless

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by lopjohnny(m): 10:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
seriously

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Adesina12: 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2018
genius43:
Lovely story going on here. Adesina12 I need popcorn.
Thanks for mentioned
Popcorn on the way

2 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by genius43(m): 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
Adesina12:

Thanks for mentioned
Popcorn on the way

Oshe..

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2018
SIX

CASSIE

Though things were going better between him and his wife, he couldn't help but notice that something was off about Cassie.
She'd mostly been in a sour mood when they got married but for the past two weeks it grew worse. She was gloomy, downcast and unhappy.

He knew Cassie better to know when she was faking happiness, his wife was not happy and he didn't know what was the cause this time.

"So Cassie I was thinking" he started, threading carefully. "What is it?" Cassie turned sharply. "Relax" he chuckled wondering what got her so uptight. "We never really went on that honey moon" he smiled.

"A honeymoon?" Cassie repeated. "Yes, I just think that now that things are better we should consider going on our honeymoon" Tobi said. "Really, Tobi that's so thoughtful of you and sweet" Cassie cupped her husband's cheek.

A brilliant idea actually, a way to escape the problem she had gotten herself into, Dele made her life miserable each passing day. His revenge on Tobi had gradually turned into Obsession and she had brought it upon herself.

What had she been thinking, sleeping with Dele? Of all people, her husband's brother. She had been a fool, but it was too late now to correct her mistakes.

"Anything to make you happy Cassandra, I love you so much. Anywhere you want to go, do you have anywhere in mind" Tobi brought her into his arms and looked at her intently.

"Well....Cape Town isn't a bad idea" Cassie said the first thing that popped into her head. She'd never been out of Nigeria before anyway, that was Nene's forte.

"You don't want to leave Africa?" he asked. Cassie looked thoughtful for a moment. "I don't really know vacation spots Tobi, does it even matter if we leave Africa or not?" she asked placing her hand on his shoulder. Tobi smiled and kissed his wife, "You're right Cass, it doesn't matter. As long as we're together" he murmured against her lips.

Dele entered the living room and cleared his throat when he saw the intimate position Cassie and Tobi were in.
"Brother" he said coldly eyeing his brother with disdain. Cassie's eyes caught his but she looked away immediately she saw the deadly look on his face.

"Ah Dele you're here! Cassie, Dele happens to travel a lot. He knows a lot of fancy spots around the globe. Maybe you guys can work together and come up with a location" Tobi said.

Cassie stiffened looking at her husband, "I thought we already decided on Cape Town?" she asked. "Mmmn I just want you to consider options" Tobi said.

"Location for what?" Dele asked sitting beside the duo. "We are going on our honeymoon" Tobi announced. Dele's eyes darkened at the announcement. He looked at Cassie. "Don't worry Cassandra, I'm sure I'll help you make a decision" he said. Cassie wondered if she was the only one that heard the deadly note in Dele's voice.

The next morning, she was nervous as Tobi dressed up for work. Deciding that she had to leave the house too, she got into the bathroom and hurriedly took her bath. She had to leave the house, she couldn't stand another day with Dele.

"Tobi do you mind dropping me off at Nene's house?" she asked him. "Honey I would but I'm not going in that direction today" Tobi said as they went downstairs together. "Give me the keys to the 4matic then" she requested.

"It's with Dele" Tobi said hastily. "What's with Dele?" Dele asked. "Give Cassie the keys to the 4matic, she's going out" Tobi said and kissed his wife before stepping out of the house. Cassie decided to follow him, perhaps ask him to drop her off at the bus stop.

"Don't even think about it" Dele muttered. He walked to the door and locked it. "Why are you running away from me my love?" he grinned. 'Because you're sick, mental, delusional, because you drive me crazy!' Cassie wanted to scream. Instead she turned to him calmly. "Dele this has to stop, Tobi will find out. Please you need to stop" she begged him.

"Actually I do want Tobi to find out" Dele said. "Dele you won't get anything out of this, even if he finds out. It changes nothing. Tobi won't leave me" Cassie said.

"True, but you can" Dele said moving closer to her. She shook her head negatively. "I won't leave my husband for you" Cassie said. "I won't be asking you to leave him. You're so naive my love" Dele chuckled. He picked her up like she weighed nothing and took her into his bedroom.

"This started as a plot to revenge my late fiancee. I didn't plan to fall in love with you Cassie, if you want come with me willingly. I'll take you away forcefully, I will kill Tobi. As a matter of fact, I'll kill anyone to have you to myself" Dele smiled.

Cassie swallowed hard, her world was crashing. Kill Tobi? "Dele, you're not thinking straight listen to me. You don't love me, it's lust" she sobbed. His hands gripped her hair and he pulled roughly. "Listen to me Cassandra, I haven't felt this way for any woman since my late fiancee. Don't tell me what I feel and what I do not. I might have lost the first love, but I'm not losing you" With that, he kissed her.

After sating his needs with her body, he turned to where she was curled on the other side of the bed. Her body shaking with sobs, he placed his hand on her back.
"Do remember to tell Tobi that you don't want to go on any trip anymore. Cook up a lie, I don't care. I won't let you leave with him, I won't let you leave me" he said.

Never!
The minute he finds out she's pregnant, he's taking her away with his baby. If Tobi proves to be an obstacle, then Tobi would have to die.

4 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
well done ma. I hate this dele with passion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
C gombe...

Tanks a lot 4d update... God bless

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nextlevel10: 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2018
This is getting more interesting.....well done Ops

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Ibunkun1(m): 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
Yaayyy

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by aprilwise(m): 6:18am On Apr 14, 2018
I don't know what happen between Dele nd Tobi in the past. Dele is taking his revenge too far. thanks

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Uniquechild(f): 9:59am On Apr 14, 2018
Nene should stop being childish. Cassie could have forgive Tobi probably she wouldn't have find herself in this situation that she's in but Dele get mind o. Adanna typical of most sister in laws .Families and their entitlement mentality. Kudos to the writer. More grace

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 1:35pm On Apr 14, 2018
NENE

"Richard...richard" his mother hurried to him panic on her face.
"Mum, mum, calm down. What is it?" he asked trying to calm her down. He wondered what the problem was.
"Where has your mobile been since?!" she said angrily.
He'd switched off his phone angrily after nene's mother tried to contact him.
"What's the matter?!" he asked taking out his phone from his pocket. He switched on the phone wondering why his mother was so worked up.
"Why did you leave Nene at home after your fight, you should have been with her. No matter what Richard, no matter what!" his mother said.
"She kicked me out of the house, mum what's the matter?" he asked again.
"Nene had a miscarriage" His mother said sadly.
"What?! How is that possible? The baby was In good condition, nothing was wrong with our baby!" Richard yelled.
"Your baby was fine till your wife decided to turn to alcohol, if you hadn't left her alone she wouldn't have taken alcohol. Didn't I say this divorce was a bad thing?" his mother questioned.

Richard was surprised, Nene had been warned at the hospital not to take a single drop of alcohol. At the early stage it could cause miscarriage, but at a later stage there were chances it could affect the baby either physically or mentally.

Nene was passed the second trimester, so he wondered how she'd still lost the baby. Guilt hit him hard, he should have waited till the baby was born before serving her with divorce papers. Why had Nene even put their baby in such danger?

It was his fault, it was her fault too. She shouldn't have gotten drunk no matter what. He knew how impulsive Nene could be, why had she done it? His heart ached for the loss of his unborn child.

"Go to her Richard, she needs comfort right now. She's still your wife, go to her" his mother urged.
"What happened, where is she?" he asked.
"Nene said she tried calling you when the bleeding started but you weren't answering, so she called her mother. Her mother's driver came to pick her up and took her to her parents house. She's over there now" His mother said.
"Why hadn't they taken her to the hospital?" he groaned.
"They'd called their family doctor to attend to her, it was too late. They couldn't save the baby" His mother explained.
Richard shook his head, if only he had not left the house. He couldn't understand why he'd always let Nene get under his skin. If he'd ignored her, none of this would have happened.
"Go and make things right Richard" his mother hugged him. God knows he also needed comfort too.
Richard nodded and walked out of the living room. He'd made a terrible mistake, he played a major role in the death of his child. His apologies couldn't bring back his child, it was the least he could do. He hoped Nene would hear him out.

"What are you doing here Richard?" Nene's father fumed. Her mother also came to the door glaring at Richard.
"I came here for my wife" Richard responded.
"Ex wife, It was only the child you wanted out of the marriage. The child is dead, you're free" Nene's mother said cruelly.
"How can you say that ma, you think I'm happy about the death of my child?!" he asked outraged.
"I think it was all you wanted, our sources tells us the lawyer is your girlfriend. I hope you're happy now, you have succeeded. I don't want to see you close to my daughter, the divorce papers will be delivered to you. Nene has signed, I will transfer your last paycheck to you. You no longer work for me, you're also expected to vacate my house" Nene's father said coldly.
"I'm not leaving till I see Nene" Richard maintained.
"Leave Richard, you've caused Nene enough pains already. You maltreated her while she was married to you, now you've made her lose her only joy in that marriage. What more do you want? I regret the day I gave my daughter to you" Nene's mother said.
"Richard you heard my wife, leave and do not step foot in this house again. If you have any questions about the divorce, then you talk to our lawyer. Good day" The door was slammed as the couple retreated inside.

Richard watched the door for a few seconds, what had he been hoping for ?
A welcome, Nene running into his arms in tears? Of course not, he was sure that nene's hate for him has scaled through the roof. It didn't change anything, he had to see her.
He'd call Cassie, maybe she could help.

3 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nextlevel10: 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2018
Poor Richard... Thanks for the update. Well delivered as usual

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
nice update. You rock

3 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2018
DARA

Dara gasped in disbelief at what Cassie had just said.
"Did you just say Richard called to tell you that Nene had lost the baby?" she asked in shock.
"Yes, I'm getting dressed. Come to my house quickly, we need to see her" Cassie rushed.
"Yes, yes, I'm coming" Dara said ending the call. She opened her wardrobe and quickly wore the first dress she could get her hands on. She rushed downstairs to the living room but she couldn't find her car keys that she'd left on the table. 'That's ok, I'll just take a taxi' she reasoned.
She passed mama in the living room and yelled before rushing out. "Mama if my hubby comes home, tell him I went to see Nene" she said.
Mama shook her head, "foolish woman it's me you want to turn into messenger" she hissed. She listened for the sound of the gate opening and closing before she loosened her wrapper, revealing the car keys she had hidden.
"So Jidenna can buy a car for his wife and none for his mother, I will take this car before he sends me home to Enugu" she hissed getting off the chair. She walked out of the house to where the car was parked.
"A boy I took care of, nurtured and trained. He faces only his wife and not me. Never, I won't allow it. If it's juju she's using on him, it will fail" she spat. She eyed the car key critically not know what to do with it, Olanna wasn't around neither was Obinna or Adanna.
"Gate man!" she yelled. No response and she yelled again before the gate man came running to her.
"You no dey hear, my son dey pay you to sleep?" she attacked. "I no hear you mama, I bin no day sleep" the gate man replied.
"Abi your oga wife don tell you make you no send me. That woman na winch, if I call you again you no ansa you go hear am for this compound. You no know say na my pikin house be this. Nwokem open this motor door for me, insignificant, nonsense" she hissed.
Sunday collected the car keys from her and unlocked the door. The car chirped as usual and mama jumped.
"You want to spoil my car, why did it make such noise" mama asked. "Madam e mean say the car don open, you fit enter" Sunday smiled. "Open ke, how you do am? I no see where you chuk the key take open am" she eyed him suspiciously.
Sunday fought the urge to laugh "Nne it's automatic" he said. "Orto gini?" she asked. Sunday didn't know how to explain it to her so he simply told her it was 'Oyinbo magic'
"Chineke me, so if I do like this. Press it here, the car will lock?" she asked. "Yes mama" he said amused. Mama tried it and it made the same chirping sound.
"Hei! See magic. Oyinbo people are witches" She said before opening the door to the car. She sat on the driver's seat, as she did a shock went through her but she didn't regard it as anything.
Sunday stood by and thought mama how to switch on the AC in the car, the music and all other little things.
"I will go to enugu in this car, my son is a big man in the city so I must have one" she said excitedly.
Sunday wondered why the women were obsessed with cars, most especially this one. Dara wouldn't drive any other car apart from this one, just Yesterday night the other sister Ada had come into the car doing God knows what. And now the mother wanted to take it to the village.
"Oga dey try o" he chuckled before rushing back to his post.
Mama got out of the car and locked it before returning back to the house. She decided she must have the car no matter what, if Jidenna refused to give her she wouldn't forgive him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lethal Matrimony by FloraEC(f): 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2018
So the otumokpo caught mama instead of Dara. Greediness.
Cassie should just open up to her husband, I know is not easy but maybe he'll forgive her.

Nice story Giannaaaaaa

3 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Ann2012(f): 4:19pm On Apr 14, 2018
Wonderful piece you've got here. More updates please

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 4:54pm On Apr 15, 2018
Na wa ooo, so mama Don c her own pick another.

Tanks a lot 4d update. God bless

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by marychommy(f): 6:35am On Apr 16, 2018
I hoped for an update but none came den I asked myself, do I pay u? No so let me wait but pls update na

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Devil In The Suit / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.