Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls (9651 Views)

FG Did Not Pay Us Any Ransom – Boko Haram On Released Dapchi Girls / Interview With One Of The Released Dapchi Girls (Video) / Army Commander Carrying Released Dapchi Girl (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Mophasa(m): 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2018
ADDRESS BY HE MUHAMMADU BUHARI, PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AT THE OCCASION OF RECEIVING THE RELEASED OF DAPCHI SCHOOL GIRLS ON 23RD MARCH 2018

Protocols:

I am delighted to formally announce to Nigerians this morning and our International friends and partners that One Hundred and Seven (107) Dapchi students previously abducted, have been unconditionally released by their abductors.

This cheering and hearty development signifies our commitment to the security and wellbeing of all Nigerian.

We are never in doubt about our focus and direction since the assumption of this Administration. Security, ant-corruption and revamping of our economy are the main focus of our government.

You will recall that on 14th of this month, I paid a visit to Yobe State during which I sympathized with the parents, families, Government and people of the State for the tragic abduction of the students in Dapchi.

I made a solemn pledge on my word of honour that this Administration would do everything possible to ensure the unconditional release of the girls.

I further tasked all the appropriate security agencies to safely bring back the girls. We also reached out to our contacts at home and abroad. We embarked on backchannel shuttles with a clear view to bring to an end, of this tragedy.

We entered into negotiations solely to make sure that no single girl was hurt. This strategy paid off as the girls have been released without any incidents.

Let me reemphasize our Administration’s commitment to the fight against terrorism and insurgency, and also call on all Nigerians, to join in this task. The security services have since been directed to put in place further measures around all schools vulnerable to attacks to ensure the safety of our pupils/students and teachers and school workers.

I have tasked all the security agencies to work to ensure that we do not witness any reoccurrence of these incidents. Security Chiefs have been warned in clear terms that any lapse on their parts will be viewed seriously.

To the rescued students, we want to reassure you as our daughters, that you will freely live and pursue your dreams in Nigeria of peace and order, without fear of violence or molestation.

While parents of the Dapchi girls rejoice because of the reunion with their children, I want to appeal to the Chibok Community never to lose hope or to despair. We are determined as never before, to bring back our remaining Chibok daughters. And this, we must accomplish. And that will be soon by God’s grace.

While further efforts are being made to secure the release of every abducted citizen in Nigeria, Government is ever ready to accept the unconditional laying down of arms by any member of the Boko Haram group, who show strong commitment in that regard. We are ready to rehabilitate and integrate such repentant members into the larger society.

This country has suffered enough of hostility. Government is therefore appealing to all to embrace peace for the overall development of our people and the country.

May I also warn against those elements who have chosen to make political fortune of our citizens’ misfortune. Government would not tolerate any attempt by any person or group to trivialize or politicize security issues for politically motivated ends. Accordingly, security agencies would not hesitate to decisively deal with such unscrupulous characters.

Finally, I thank all Nigerians, who in spite of political differences, prayed and showed solidarity with families of the abducted students, during the period of the abduction.

This, undoubtedly, is the Nigerian spirit. We can and should sustain it beyond moments of sorrow. I remain thankful to the International Community and our friends who offered varying degrees of assistance during the backchannel communications.

May I, on behalf of the Government and people of Nigerian, extend our appreciation to the security agencies for their loyal and tireless efforts in making this day a reality.

Thank you and may God bless our country.

http://diaryofmypresident.com/index.php/2018/03/23/address-by-president-buhari-at-the-ocasion-of-recieving-the-dapchi-girls/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by BankeSmalls(f): 2:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
grin
Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by BankeSmalls(f): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2018
This speech will be incomplete, if Nigerians are not threatened grin

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Wawaman: 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
what about Leah .They did not brief you or you have forgotten

10 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by byteem: 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
CLOWN THE ACTOR.. WHEN WE REMEMBER

OBJ.. WE TALK OF THIRD TERM AGENDA.. GSM..GHANA MUST GO SETTLING PRESIDENT .. STRONG LEADER WHO HELD LAGOS TO RANSOM

YARADUA... WE TALK OF AMNESTY TO NIGER DELTA MILITANTS AND SICK PRESIDENT WHO DIED IN ACTIVE DUTY

JONATHAN.. CHIBOK GIRLS .. CLUELESS WEAKLING ..A PRESIDENT WHO HAD GOOD INTENTIONS BUT SURROUNDED HIMSELF WITH CRIMINALS HE COULD NOT CONTROL.. ONE WHO BELIEVED POLITICAL AMBITIONS WAS NOT WORTH THE BLOOD OF NIGERIANS

BUHARI.. SICKLY ELDERLY PRESIDENT .. RAMPAGING FULANI HERDSMEN.. VINDICTIVE RELIGIOUS LEADER WHO TRIED TO DECEIVE NIGERIANS WITH A POORLY PLAYED OUT SCRIPT ..

AT THE END OF THE DAY .. ITS NOT MORE THAN THREE LINES THAT SUMMARIZE THEIR ENITIRE TENURE

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by ElChidi: 2:39pm On Mar 23, 2018

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by hubtiva: 2:39pm On Mar 23, 2018
All this na because of 2019

Nawaooo

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Edu3Again: 2:39pm On Mar 23, 2018
This was organised by APC

the only Christian gal amongst them was not released, and nobody is bothered.

https://twitter.com/realFFK/status/976505976793845761

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Kingdolo(m): 2:39pm On Mar 23, 2018
grin grin
Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by spartan50(m): 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
Scamist.. We go still vote you out.. You are incompetent.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
It doesn't make sense for terrorists to unconditionally release people they capture. Why would terrorists risk their lives, ammunition, and gather intelligence for long. . .just to kidnap some girls, only to release them a few weeks later. Unconditionally.

Even if they truly did so, then the government has no right to claim responsibility for their release.

I am delighted to formally announce to Nigerians this morning and our International friends and partners that One Hundred and Seven (107) Dapchi students previously abducted, have been unconditionally released by their abductors.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by akeentech(m): 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
spartan50:
Scamist.. We go still vote you out.. You are incompetent.
Those kids were released after FG paid a ransom of 1.2b, I heard this from a reliable source

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by FrenchWay: 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
Soon u b back to Daura
Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by hubtiva: 2:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
ok
Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Iyajelili(f): 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2018
Dapchi movie to keep us busy and to take our minds away from the failure so far and for them to fully plan the way to rig the coming election......una weldone o

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by RalphJnr(m): 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2018
Baba,The Addresser! 2019,d xpiring date!
Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2018
I can't find the page where he talked about LEAH! OR DO I NEED GLASSES!

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Claumy2(m): 2:51pm On Mar 23, 2018
but 6ubu is one of the boko boyz...
Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by LeOstrich: 2:51pm On Mar 23, 2018
Boko idiot
Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by buskie13(m): 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2018
Chibok girls would be free soon ,no fear of God in the lives of these thieves,buhari ,you're an animal,

VP is mad

APC is useless

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by laris: 2:54pm On Mar 23, 2018
ElChidi:
THIS MAN IS THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO NIGERIA

You didn’t read it.
Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
No mention of the remaining captive...
My PVC is ready angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
How is baba jelili?
Iyajelili:
Dapchi movie to keep us busy and to take our minds away from the failure so far and for them to fully plan the way to rig the coming election......una weldone o
Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by obinoral1179(m): 2:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
This the most useless speech i have ever come across. It's seems the handler of Mr President or Mr President himself are liars....

107 girls capture
104 release
5 died
1 still remaining. With this analysis the total student capture was 110 including the male student but our president or presidency choose to mention only 107 student. Nigeria my country.....

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by safemagneticlas(f): 3:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
The numbers just don't add up. And what about Leah?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Omooba224: 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2018
Nigeria is doomed.. It is only in Nigeria everything is politicized. Mention anything, religion, tribalism, appointments etc. Indeed! Religion is the opium of the masses.. Nigeria needs a total revamp..
Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Loving1: 3:05pm On Mar 23, 2018
Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:05pm On Mar 23, 2018
Does Buhari even knw Leah wasn't released or he was told all the girls were released?
Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Loving1: 3:05pm On Mar 23, 2018
nice
Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Assassin101: 3:09pm On Mar 23, 2018
he conveniently didn't say anything about the only remaining "Christian" girl. makes one wonder..... undecided sad

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address As He Receives The Released Dapchi Girls by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 23, 2018
Even PMBs speech writers are deliberately sabotaging him. The issue of the only Christian Girl remaining in captivity is a delicate matter that will soon gain international sympathy and negatively affect this regime. How can you even commit the blunder that all the 107 girls has been released? What of those that died and the only Christian Girl remaining in their captivity. The speech is suppose to be sober and and not an avenue for political grandstanding..........I am totally disappointed.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lalong: I Will Work To Deliver Tinubu / Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau / Ndume Begs Colleagues Not To Boycott 2019 Budget Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.