Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,336 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? (3958 Views)

Nigerians Are Hypocrites When It Comes To Sex. My Experience At Shoprite / The Crave For Big Yansh By Naija Ladies (pictures) / Hypocrisy Of Society When It Comes To Gender Equality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Nobody: 3:18am On Mar 24, 2018
when I tell some people that as long as "independency clause" is included in the agenda of feminism it'll never be embraced by Nigerian women, they don't believe. over the days after my study I've noticed that Nigerian ladies keep shouting "feminism " equality but when it comes to financial responsibilities they back off, some will begin rejecting feminism to the extent that they'll say; feminism started in America, if you need an independent wife go over there.

Achieving feminism in Nigeria is like North Korea defeating the UK in a war(I mean practically impossible) ,not that Nigerian ladies don't like the feminism agenda/ideology/ideas but because of the clause of "financial equality " 85% of them would reject it.
Most of the so called feminists we have on nairaland are not married so ,I believe they're reacting from a childish point of view.

For feminism to be achieved, the following needs to be eradicated;

Domestic violence /opression
sexual harassment √
gender equality

you'll wonder why I marked only the sexual harassment, I marked only that clause because it is the only one that can be achieved in the present day Nigeria.

you'll know why soon

Domestic violence /oppression; in the present day Nigerian system, this agenda can't be achieved.

why?

1. Bride Price;

you see I won't include dowry because 97% of domestical abuses are usually done by the male gender.

in as much as bride price culture still thrives oppression continues

some men think by paying for bride price, sponsoring marriage they've purchased a property and deserve unwarranted level of loyalty and when you fail to give them the loyalty they deserve, they'll think about the money and everything they committed just to have you hence they resort to domestic abuse.

2. money

I don't need to emphasise much here, typical Nigerian ladies will prefer to stay in an abusive relationship as long as they keep getting something in return, why? because they won't work.

Gender Equality

when you mention this word, Nigerian ladies usually feel uncomfortable because what comes to their minds is financial responsibility "

and that is why majority of them would never support feminism.

The Nigerian structure is done in a way that the women are somehow lazy and dependent on the male gender, accepting this clause would therefore pose a serious challenge to them.

men are breadwinners in 95% of Nigerian homes, so how do you even expect the ladies to accept feminism? some would ask.

in Nigeria, the moment a lady is born her parents start grooming her for marriage as If that is all life is about. Women in Nigeria usually refer to themselves as weaker vessels" I'm still yet to understand what makes them weaker vessels.

sometimes I'm surprised that in some homes the wives are working but the men still contribute 90% and whenever they go broke ,peace will cease to exist in the marriage because the ladies won't release their money and I'm still surprised as to how some men pay their wives monthly salary, pay them what exactly?

97% of Nigerian ladies would therefore prefer to maintain the status quo than to embrace feminism.

I've noticed that when you create threads like this some ladies on Nl usually think you're broke.

some will go as far as insulting men, calling them useless but I'm sure that 100% of them in their homes, men are the bread winners, they sent them to school and other stuffs yet they come online to rant when their moms don't do anything, even the ones that don't have up to 100k funds in their accounts will start ranting and broke shaming people.

thanks

9 Likes

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by MissRaine69(f): 4:20am On Mar 24, 2018
You have the part time feminists who are selective with what they want to advocate these are the ones who hijack a cause they know little off.
You have made very valid points. Now I have a scenario I need to discuss and your input is appreciated. I am dating someone and this is has been going swimmingly well. I make plans to take him out for dinner this goes well as too . The bill arrives and I state since it was my treat I am paying. World War 3 errupted. I was accused of offending him. This confused me greatly. It’s my treat so why should he pay? It was not done in front of him. So how then can you demonstrate your independence when situations like this happen?

3 Likes

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by eezeribe(m): 4:46am On Mar 24, 2018
Most of them have double standards...
Most of them don't really know what they want...
Most of them don't know the meaning of feminism...
Most of their feminism campaigns are born out of their personal needs...
Most of them are actually hiding behind feminism as a cover screen for their frustrations especially in the area of being naturally inferior to men,delayed marriages,failed marriages,dumbness,menopause... etc
Most of these so called feminists still prefer men to pay their bills...
100% of the feminists on nairaland are actually struggling with real life frustrations,insecurities and failures...
Most of these feminists are desperately searching for husbands to salvage their situations
May the almighty God help these feminists before they finally sink into chronic depression and nervous breakdown...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by planetx13: 4:52am On Mar 24, 2018
Most Naija ladies dont even know the meaning of feminism. They look up to their foreign counterparts and shout feminism at the slightest opportunity. What they don't know is that it is very common to see a white lady btw the age of 18 - 25 doing more than 2 or 3 jobs .These ladies have earned their respect. They won't insult you and expect you to keep quiet just because they are women ... you also see rich ladies having average boyfriends and they don't go about shouting broke boy this , broke boy that.... an average Nigerian feminist is just bloody hungry and gets frustrated when they you refuse giving them money. My dear 'GO and WORK.... nobody was born into this world to come and carry your cross for you. All these so called Nigerian feminist are nothing but low life prostitutes and hungry dogs who only exist on social media. Trust me... they have nothing to offer. All they want is something they can use to cover their laziness,poor manners , insatiable sexual appetite and self inflicted frustration.
Let them go and make their own money and live whatever life the way they please.
Please guys be wise .....we owe these blood suckers NOTHING.. Anybody that wants money should go and work for it ....simple

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by eezeribe(m): 5:07am On Mar 24, 2018
lalasticlala,this post really evokes emotions from the Op...
Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Nobody: 5:31am On Mar 24, 2018
MissRaine69:
You have the part time feminists who are selective with what they want to advocate these are the ones who hijack a cause they know little off.
You have made very valid points. Now I have a scenario I need to discuss and your input is appreciated. I am dating someone and this is has been going swimmingly well. I make plans to take him out for dinner this goes well as too . The bill arrives and I state since it was my treat I am paying. World War 3 errupted. I was accused of offending him. This confused me greatly. It’s my treat so why should he pay? It was not done in front of him. So how then can you demonstrate your independence when situations like this happen?

I don't think a lasting marriage is meant for you; you know too much to be a wife. You knowing too much much is not a turnoff for all men, but there will be clash of ideals in your union.

1. Being versed in astrology, I like to believe we have about 11 types of personalities. My type for instance, I like to spend money on women, but when I start reflecting on money spent, I would count it as money lost or spent on charity because I believe a woman can walk out of a relationship or marriage anytime and I won't plead with her for once to stay. So, if a woman tries paying our bills, she will have my respect, but try that with Leo people and see what will happen.

2. From your comments I've read here over the years, I may conclude that you're not naturally generous. And if that's how you were made, it's not a sin. You said no one, even one's parent, owes us anything. You argued that that's the philosophy your parents installed in you. And if a man knows that you're naturally not generous, paying the bills will not go down well with him. You have never let your guard down to ward off dating fraudsters. This is good, but it says you can never be in love, and I'm sure you can never be in love. When you're in love, your defenses are gone, and you pray for God to have your back. But because God has shown over the years that He doesn't always care about injustice, the brain became your ultimate tool of trade. God said "Vengeance is mine." The same God said "The righteous perishes, and no one takes it heart."

My Advice For You

Have children, but not marriage. How is that possible without marriage ordinance? Discuss it with your partner. I'm a very religious person, but I believe that if the parents of the partners agree with the union, the rest are formalities. Which pastor or court joined Cain and his wives in marriage? Examine Jacob, Leah and Rachel.

3 Likes

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by crismark(m): 5:50am On Mar 24, 2018
hmmmmm...jst passing

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 24, 2018
angry angry angry
☣ ☠

☣ ☠
Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by MissRaine69(f): 6:47am On Mar 24, 2018
CrescentMoon:

I don't think a lasting marriage is meant for you; you know too much to be a wife. You knowing too much much is not a turnoff for all men, but there will be clash of ideals in your union.

1. Being versed in astrology, I like to believe we have about 11 types of personalities. My type for instance, I like to spend money on women, but when I start reflecting on money spent, I would count it as money lost or spent on charity because I believe a woman can walk out of a relationship or marriage anytime and I won't plead with her for once to stay. So, if a woman tries paying our bills, she will have my respect, but try that with Leo people and see what will happen.

2. From your comments I've read here over the years, I may conclude that you're not naturally generous. And if that's how you were made, it's not a sin. You said no one, even one's parent, owes us anything. You argued that that's the philosophy your parents installed in you. And if a man knows that you're naturally not generous, paying the bills will not go down well with him. You have never let your guard down to ward off dating fraudsters. This is good, but it says you can never be in love, and I'm sure you can never be in love. When you're in love, your defenses are gone, and you pray for God to have your back. But because God has shown over the years that He doesn't always care about injustice, the brain became your ultimate tool of trade. God said "Vengeance is mine." The same God said "The righteous perishes, and no one takes it heart."

My Advice For You

Have children, but not marriage. How is that possible without marriage ordinance? Discuss it with your partner. I'm a very religious person, but I believe that if the parents of the partners agree with the union, the rest are formalities. Which pastor or court joined Cain and his wives in marriage? Examine Jacob, Leah and Rachel.

I don’t believe in the horoscope
You are actually wrong about me on a few things.
I resolved the issue mentioned above how ?
You find, date and marry someone with emotional intelligence and someone who is compatatible as well as some one compliment your strengths and weaknesses. A relationship is not a sizing of egos.

1 Like

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by ubunja(m): 6:49am On Mar 24, 2018
when a girl claims to be a feminist i look at her closer and see indeeed she is ugly. beautiful women dont need feminism, coz men are ever ready to grant their wishes. its the uglies that have to force Big Daddy gvt to grant their wishes via feminism.
feminsists make me vomit

11 Likes

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 24, 2018
CrescentMoon:

My Advice For You

To the Op are you a marriage counselor or psychologist by profession? Your write up makes a lot of sense

These so called Feminists have destroyed the constitution of marriage. That's why you see the increased rates of divorce, infidelity, adultery, promiscuity etc just because of the silly belief that their bodies belongs to them and this gives them free will to fvck whomever without recourse to societal norms and decency

Feminists are scum of the earth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 24, 2018
The face I make when I see a Nigerian Feminist.

4 Likes

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 24, 2018
Una don start again, this one will reach 100 pages but OP you woke up by 3am to type this.
Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:17am On Mar 24, 2018
Bbbbbbbbbbbb:

[s][/s](To the Op are you a marriage counselor or psychologist by profession? Your write up makes a lot of sense

These so called Feminists have destroyed the constitution of marriage. That's why you see the increased rates of divorcees, infidelity, adultery, promiscuity etc just because of the silly belief that their bodies belongs to them and this gives them free will to fvck whomever without recourse to societal norms and decency

Feminists are scum of the earth)[s][/s]
Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by highqueen(f): 7:21am On Mar 24, 2018
Chikita66:
Una don start again, this one will reach 100 pages but OP you woke up by 3am to type this.
they have started again,you can imagine o.
Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:24am On Mar 24, 2018
Prechbills:
when I tell some people that as long as "independency clause" is included in the agenda of feminism it'll never be embraced by Nigerian women, they don't believe. over the days after my study I've noticed that Nigerian ladies keep shouting "feminism " equality but when it comes to financial responsibilities they back off, some will begin rejecting feminism to the extent that they'll say; feminism started in America, if you need an independent wife go over there.

Achieving feminism in Nigeria is like North Korea defeating the UK in a war(I mean practically impossible) ,not that Nigerian ladies don't like the feminism agenda/ideology/ideas but because of the clause of "financial equality " 85% of them would reject it.
Most of the so called feminists we have on nairaland are not married so ,I believe they're reacting from a childish point of view.

For feminism to be achieved, the following needs to be eradicated;

Domestic violence /opression
sexual harassment √
gender equality

you'll wonder why I marked only the sexual harassment, I marked only that clause because it is the only one that can be achieved in the present day Nigeria.

you'll know why soon

Domestic violence /oppression; in the present day Nigerian system, this agenda can't be achieved.

why?

1. Bride Price;

you see I won't include dowry because 97% of domestical abuses are usually done by the male gender.

in as much as bride price culture still thrives oppression continues

some men think by paying for bride price, sponsoring marriage they've purchased a property and deserve unwarranted level of loyalty and when you fail to give them the loyalty they deserve, they'll think about the money and everything they committed just to have you hence they resort to domestic abuse.

2. money

I don't need to emphasise much here, typical Nigerian ladies will prefer to stay in an abusive relationship as long as they keep getting something in return, why? because they won't work.

Gender equality

when you mention this word, Nigerian ladies usually feel uncomfortable because what comes to their minds is financial responsibility "

and that is why majority of them would never support feminism.

The Nigerian structure is done in a way that the women are somehow lazy and dependent on the male gender, accepting this clause would therefore pose a serious challenge to them.

[/b](men are breadwinners in 95% of Nigerian homes so how do you even expect the ladies to accept feminism? some would ask.

in Nigeria, the moment a lady is born her parents start grooming her marriage as If that is all life is about. Women in Nigeria usually refer to themselves as weaker vessels" I'm still yet to understand what makes them weaker vessels.

sometimes I'm surprised that in some homes the wives are working but the men still contribute 90% and whenever they go broke ,peace will cease to exist in the marriage because the ladies won't release their money and I'm still surprised as to how some men pay their wives monthly salary, pay them what exactly?

97% of Nigerian ladies would therefore prefer to maintain the status quo than to embrace feminism.)[b]

I've noticed that when you create threads like this some ladies on Nl usually think you're broke.

some will go as far as insulting men, calling them useless but I'm 100 I am sure that 100% of them in their homes, men are the bread winners, they sent them to school and other stuffs yet they come online to rant when their moms don't do anything, even the ones that don't have up to 100k funds in their accounts will start ranting and broke shaming people.

thanks
@bolded Op you say what?
Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 24, 2018
highqueen:
they have started again,you can imagine o.
This one weak me.

1 Like

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 24, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Rubbish.

Clap for yourself. I will leave my bosom friend marvin906 to deal with you like he always does smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Kinggnicole(f): 7:33am On Mar 24, 2018
Feminism is gender equality. Anything or anyone who suggests otherwise is not a feminist.

3 Likes

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:38am On Mar 24, 2018
Bbbbbbbbbbbb:

Clap for yourself. I will leave my bosom friend marvin906 to deal with you like he always does smiley
Kpa,kpa,kpa myself,The next time that idiot quotes me I will just waka pass and give him the silent treatment I don't deal with children who have refused to have sense.Well I dealt with him yesterday and you know it. grin

2 Likes

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 24, 2018
I Hope They Are Not Mad Sha... If You Want To Be A Feminist, responsibility Must Be Shared Equally...

2 Likes

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by marvin905(m): 8:04am On Mar 24, 2018
Bbbbbbbbbbbb:

una don start this morning abi
Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by marvin905(m): 8:05am On Mar 24, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Kpa,kpa,kpa myself,The next time that idiot quotes me I will just waka pass and give him the silent treatment I don't deal with children who have refused to have sense.Well I dealt with him yesterday and you know it. grin

don't count your chick's before they've hatched..
I was taught to always give to the less privileged so I gave you what you always wanted a boost to your ego..
happy enjoyment
how's your dead cat by the way

3 Likes

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:12am On Mar 24, 2018
Kinggnicole:
Feminism is gender equality.
Anything or anyone who suggests otherwise is not a feminist.
. You ve said it all. The ladies that wants equal right but not equal responsibilities are not feminists, rather they are bunch of ndi ara.

5 Likes

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by myself13: 8:22am On Mar 24, 2018
planetx13:
Most Naija ladies dont even know the meaning of feminism. They look up to their foreign counterparts and shout feminism at the slightest opportunity. What they don't know is that it is very common to see a white lady btw the age of 18 - 25 doing more than 2 or 3 jobs .These ladies have earned their respect. They won't insult you and expect you to keep quiet just because they are women ... you also see rich ladies having average boyfriends and they don't go about shouting broke boy this , broke boy that.... an average Nigerian feminist is just bloody hungry.

Ohh.. Holy Lord! This!!

1 Like

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by UDUJ(m): 8:28am On Mar 24, 2018
planetx13:
Most Naija ladies dont even know the meaning of feminism. They look up to their foreign counterparts and shout feminism at the slightest opportunity. What they don't know is that it is very common to see a white lady btw the age of 18 - 25 doing more than 2 or 3 jobs .These ladies have earned their respect. They won't insult you and expect you to keep quiet just because they are women ... you also see rich ladies having average boyfriends and they don't go about shouting broke boy this , broke boy that.... an average Nigerian feminist is just bloody hungry and gets frustrated when they you refuse giving them money. My dear 'GO and WORK.... nobody was born into this world to come and carry your cross for you. All these so called Nigerian feminist are nothing but low life prostitutes and hungry dogs who only exist on social media. Trust me... they have nothing to offer. All they want is something they can use to cover their laziness,poor manners , insatiable sexual appetite and self inflicted frustration.
Let them go and make their own money and live whatever life the way they please.
Please guys be wise .....we owe these blood suckers NOTHING.. Anybody that wants money should go and work for it ....simple

So on point.

The Romance section has turned into a gender wars coliseum cheesy

Lefulefu your boy is back cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 24, 2018
UDUJ:

So on point.

mah nigga! grin longtime cheesy
high five!

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 24, 2018
UDUJ:

So on point.

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by UDUJ(m): 9:06am On Mar 24, 2018
DonPiiko my chief wink I salute

No more fights for me from now on cheesy I am reformed cool

1 Like

Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 24, 2018
Lool I no dey take internet serious again o, how your weekend cheesy
UDUJ:

The Don himself I hail cool

No more fights for me from now on cheesy I am reformed cool
Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by UDUJ(m): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2018
DonPiiko:
Lool I no dey take internet serious again o, how your weekend cheesy

My weekend dey bro cool I just dey kitchen make I arrange small breakfast smiley
Re: Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2018
It's necessary, that's 1 thing I hate doing, but I am very good at it. I bought bread yesterday I will munch on it
UDUJ:

My weekend dey bro cool I just dey kitchen make I arrange small breakfast smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Hypocrisy In The Nigerian Sex Industry! / Princess Shyngle Parades Her Bare 'Nyash' On Street (Video) / Never Marry Or Be Committed To This Type Of Ladies Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.