Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? (4083 Views)

The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama / The Origin And Meaning Of “august Visitor”. / Meaning Of Ash Wednesday And Why Anglicans Celebrate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by CuteMadridista: 10:36am On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

Three links are here. Go in and see how they all wants to kill themselves while you are here acting tough.

What is your moniker in readit? Post it here lets check you out. You may go there and admit you are depressed and ask how to cope, but come here in the midst of Christians and put a bold face.

WHAT IS YOUR readit MONIKER?

I've gone there, I've seen all those threads before and NOT all of the atheists there said they wanted to commit suicide!

u/hopefulLandlord is my monicker on reddit

if you're having trouble understanding it you can go to hopefulLandlord's Nairaland profile and check I gave a direct link to my reddit monicker there and if its unclickable you can copy the link and paste it in your browser

Edit: here https://www.reddit.com/user/HopefulLandlord/
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 10:39am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

I've gone there, I've seen all those threads before and NOT all of the atheists there said they wanted to commit suicide!

if you're having trouble understanding it you can go to hopefulLandlord's Nairaland profile and check I gave a direct link to my reddit monicker there and if its unclickable you can copy the link and paste it in your browser

I am not following you so i don't have access to hopefullandlord, pls post it here again.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by CuteMadridista: 10:43am On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

I am not following you so i don't have access to hopefullandlord, pls post it here again.

I already gave you direct link to my reddit monicker there

where's the thread where all atheists said they're depressed?
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 10:43am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

I and jFrankNorfleet asked you which thread you saw ALL atheists with no EXCEPTION claim to be depressed

no one is asking if there are suicidal atheists or suicidal Christians or suicidal anybody, you seem to be running around in an attempt to substantiate a claim you made on false grounds

Where is the thread where all atheists said they're depressed and not even one said he's free from it?

y'all can keep chatting amongst yourselves and bringing up irrelevant things but the claim I called you out for remains unsubstantiated wink
Let the guy who asked the question and many others who are reading go in there then come here to say i lied. You are one big PR hoping you can paint atheism good without its terms and conditions.

Well, the three links given points to the mental state of atheists including you. You even sound compulsive. See how insistent you are. Wow. Do a check up.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by budaatum: 10:45am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Good question, I know its one of the below

1. She's lying

2. She highly exaggerated what she saw, I'm a frequenter of reddit u/hopefulLandlord is my monicker there although I rarely post there with that monicker but either way I frequent all atheist related subs like DebateAnAtheist, atheists, atheism, apatheism, secularism, skeptic, anittheism, agnostic, TrueAtheism, atheistic, AtheismComingOut, atheistgems, talkatheist, militantatheist and many more so let's see the thread she's talking about

3. She never even read any of the reddit thread she's talking about but got the information from someone else entirely who exaggerated what he/she saw and she ran away with it. just like someone (people) told her a Jew died for her and she ran away with it

I'm sure she'll reply you with something like "I can't remember the page again" or something similar
They are so fond of doing the above that its no more amusing. I guess people who easily believe things expect others to simply believe as they do and they must be perplexed when asked to provide evidence for their claims.

What's easier than providing a section of the DSM-IV to prove a claim that it classified atheism as an illness? If it's true afteral, it would be hard for the atheist to argue against it. But what do we get? Reddit!

Good thing is a lot of people will follow those links and read what is said there and conclude for themselves one way or the other. Only a few would not bother and believe as they are told.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 10:46am On Mar 27, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I posted this on another thread

I am sure you will find the symptom that fits him there. grin cheesy

Especially since he confessed with his own mouth

This explains alot. Hopefullandlord is suffering from OPDS.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 10:47am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

*yawns*

where is the thread where all atheists on it said they're depressed and NOT even one said they're not?
Pls let it end in yawning, as much as we don't agree, i don't want you putting a gun to your neck.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 10:48am On Mar 27, 2018
budaatum:

So, according to you, a person who does all the purposeful things to live that you listed above is, "meaningless and useless"?

Please tell, what more than the above do you do?
Then what is the purpose of your life? Or Life generally?
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 10:50am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

I won't repeat myself, i am not retarded.

You know why you won't post your moniker here.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

You mean i shd go into the thread read through it to find what you can just post here? No. If you have nothing to hide, post it here. I believe others will be interested too.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by CuteMadridista: 11:02am On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

You mean i shd go into the thread read through it to find what you can just post here? No. If you have nothing to hide, post it here. I believe others will be interested too.

You asked for my reddit monicker and I have given you its u/hopefulLandlord

and here's the link to my reddit monicker https://www.reddit.com/user/HopefulLandlord/

What exactly do you want me to post again?

what is your Nairaland monicker? you'll answer Emmanystone

and this is a link to your monicker https://www.nairaland.com/emmanystone

that's exactly what I did for you too, I gave you both name and direct link to my reddit monicker
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by CuteMadridista: 11:04am On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

I won't repeat myself, i am not retarded.

You know why you won't post your moniker here.

I've given you my reddit monicker 3 (three) different times now and you're still saying I'm not posting it?
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by CuteMadridista: 11:05am On Mar 27, 2018
budaatum:

They are so fond of doing the above that its no more amusing. I guess people who easily believe things expect others to simply believe as they do and they must be perplexed when asked to provide evidence for their claims.

What's easier than providing a section of the DSM-IV to prove a claim that it classified atheism as an illness? If it's true afteral, it would be hard for the atheist to argue against it. But what do we get? Reddit!

Good thing is a lot of people will follow those links and read what is said there and conclude for themselves one way or the other. Only a few would not bother and believe as they are told.

Honestly I find it funny how they quickly ran to google and desperately pasted links not checking what I and jFrankNorfleet are really challenging
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 11:38am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

You asked for my reddit monicker and I have given you its u/hopefulLandlord

and here's the link to my reddit monicker https://www.reddit.com/user/HopefulLandlord/

What exactly do you want me to post again?

what is your Nairaland monicker? you'll answer Emmanystone

and this is a link to your monicker https://www.nairaland.com/emmanystone

that's exactly what I did for you too, I gave you both name and direct link to my reddit monicker
Okay then. Let me see who you are in there.
You go to reddit to talk about soccer? I need the account to other platforms where you talk atheism.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 11:46am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

You have them. All three.

You only talk soccer there. You are hidding the one you talk atheism. Give it up.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by CuteMadridista: 12:05pm On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

You have them. All three.

You only talk soccer there. You are hidding the one you talk atheism. Give it up.

All the three have both atheists that are depressed and those that are not
I'm asking for the thread where all said they're depressed

I don't talk much atheism on reddit even the soccer talks aren't frequent, that'll soon change and no, I'm not hiding anything. why would I create HopefulLandlord again if I'm interested in hiding my atheism talk? wouldn't I just use another name so nobody would be any wiser? I only said I frequent those subreddits, I never said I post there
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by budaatum: 12:31pm On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Honestly I find it funny how they quickly ran to google and desperately pasted links not checking what I and jFrankNorfleet are really challenging
It's intentional. If I can convince you that a person was 'immaculately' born, that that person died and now sits on the right hand of some god interceeding on your behalf, what more can't I convince you of? You'd be amazed at the scams done by pastors who peddle those stories. Wisely, they teach not to touch their anointed.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by budaatum: 12:42pm On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

Then what is the purpose of your life? Or Life generally?
Do you want me to tell you my story all over again, or is it not a worthy purpose as far as you are concerned? Lets call it, my mission. The, what I do with my time, the reason I keep myself alive, my self appointed purpose.

Emmanystone:

You eat to just live, when sick, instead of letting yourself die and become the manure that you are, you medicate yourself. When tired and fatigued you rest. You strive to achieve a lot in life. You spends years studying, after that you look for a better job and spend money aquering more degrees to be better placed. You marry, you enjoy se.x and have children, but when you don't have, you worry.
If you need males but have only females, or need females but have only males, you worry.

budaatum:

Please tell, what more than the above do you do?
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Kay17: 12:49pm On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

The question 'WHY DID GOD CREATE MAN' or, 'WHAT IS MAN'S purpose ON Earth?'.

Let's see what the creator who created man says.

WHY DID GOD CREATE MAN?=== FOR FELLOWSHIP, FOR RELATIONSHIP. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
Genesis:2:19

And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
Genesis:3:8

God created man to have a family of a different specie to do things together with. He created man to have a different kind of interaction, from the one he has with Angels.

Something like this,

YHWH== 'Adam, i will create, you will name".

Adam== Yes, Lord.

YHWH comes in the cool of the day for a visit.

Adam: Lord, this is a beautiful garden, so many fruits. I get confused from choosing which one to eat sometimes

YHWH: Oh, that should not be a problem, you can all of them except that one over there, it is poisoned, and poison kills.

Adam: Okay Lord.

YHWH: What did you call that creature over there?

Adam:, Oh, Lion, i called it Lion.

YHWH: That's great work you are doing here.

Did you See fellowship?

PURPOSE= MANDATE ==Genesis 1:26.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

The operative word in that verse is LET. This means allow them, do not interfere with, give them room, right, space, opportunity, power, and absolute authority to rule, dominate, the earth.

The Earth was created for man just like man was created for the earth. Man was put in a garden fully stock with what he needed for sustanance, that's why every human baby is born without the innate ability to care for itself until after a time on earth.

Every thing visible and invisible was already created and functional before man drew his first earth's breath.

God saw this day when men will begin to think they can help and add to Him, or without them He(God) can not function, hence, He made man last.

You can say to me, But, God needs man to fellowship with Him, without which God will be lonely. Man is very important to God.

The question then will be, how was God coping before He created man? And how did He cope after Man declared independence and left?

How is God coping now since very few persons actually fellowships with Him? There are so many so-called Christians or believers actually don't fellowships with Him, has it changed Him in anyway?

Who actually benefits from that time together, Man or God?/

GOD HAS NO NEED FOR MAN, BUT MAN HAS EVERY NEED FOR GOD.

Without his Complacent love, the rain won't fall on you, His sun won't shine on you. You'll plant crops they wont yield any fruits. You'll have sex and not have kids.

Be grateful to God that even when you reject and insults Him everyday, he still loves you. But that love expires the day you draw your ladt breath.

Almost everyone here on this thread has accepted that God needs no one because he is self sufficient however we are all eager and puzzled to know why he created man whom he doesn't need. Your long epistle aside from being repetitive doesn't answer the question

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
Kay17:

Almost everyone here on this thread has accepted that God needs no one because he is self sufficient however we are all eager and puzzled to know why he created man whom he doesn't need. Your long epistle aside from being repetitive doesn't answer the question
It does, say you didn't see it or do not believe it.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2018
budaatum:

Do you want me to tell you my story all over again, or is it not a worthy purpose as far as you are concerned? [b]Lets call it, my mission. The, what I do with my time, the reason I keep myself alive, my self appointed purpose.[/b

And i have agreed with you on that nah. You are just here to eat grow fat for worms.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by budaatum: 3:53pm On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

And i have agreed with you on that nah. You are just here to eat grow fat for worms.
Agree what, exactly, that one chooses a purpose for living, perhaps, or that ones choice is meaningless?

And do tell while you are at it, what are you here for again that differs to what you listed - "eat to just live", "medicate yourself", "rest", "strive to achieve a lot in life", "studying", "look for a better job and spend money aquering (sic) more degrees to be better placed", "marry", "enjoy set (sic) and have children" and "worry", and which you described as meaningless?

In you opinion, is all the above meaningless? Or is there something you actually do apart from the above that makes your more meaningful than others?
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by budaatum: 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

GOD HAS NO NEED FOR MAN, BUT MAN HAS EVERY NEED FOR GOD.
Listen to yourself! So even God considers you meaningless and pointless, according to you. So what exactly is your point? Why do you live, again?
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 4:48pm On Mar 27, 2018
budaatum:

Listen to yourself! So even God considers you meaningless and pointless, according to you. So what exactly is your point? Why do you live, again?
What this means is that, i find my meaning in God, i find my purpose in God. I am created to be a family to for God. As his family, i serve Him.

I AM NOT A BIOLOGICAL ACCIDENT. I WAS SENT HERE FOR A PURPOSE AND that PURPOSE will not be fufilled if i don't depend on God.

I HAVE A PURPOSE ON EARTH. I AM NOT JUST MANURE BUT A PERSON WITH a PURPOSE.

AFTER HERE I WILL PROCEED TO ETERNITY SERVING MY GOD.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by budaatum: 5:09pm On Mar 27, 2018
I am not quite clear here, despite your shouting! What is your purpose that you depend on God to help you fulfil? Is it to be "his family", and "serve him"?

Emmanystone:

What this means is that, i find my meaning in God, i find my purpose in God. I am created to be a family to for God. As his family, i serve Him.

I AM NOT A BIOLOGICAL ACCIDENT. I WAS SENT HERE FOR A PURPOSE AND that PURPOSE will not be fufilled if i don't depend on God.

I HAVE A PURPOSE ON EARTH. I AM NOT JUST MANURE BUT A PERSON WITH a PURPOSE.

AFTER HERE I WILL PROCEED TO ETERNITY SERVING MY GOD.

Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 5:16pm On Mar 27, 2018
budaatum:

Agree what, exactly, that one chooses a purpose for living, perhaps, or that ones choice is meaningless?
Sir, you are mistaken. If you choose a purpose for yourself, then there's a meaning to your life, albeit without a reward. But you said in your first post that LIFE HAS NO MEANING.
You said you do all things just to.live like a rat which gets eaten by a cat, or a flower which is here blossoming in the morning but gets scourged and dies at noon.
With that, i agreed with you
budaatum:

And do tell while you are at it, what are you here for again that differs to what you listed - "eat to just live", "medicate yourself", "rest", "strive to achieve a lot in life", "studying", "look for a better job and spend money aquering (sic) more degrees to be better placed", "marry", "enjoy set (sic) and have children" and "worry", and which you described as meaningless?
No, these are for you. You are here to just LIVE. Live and die without a purpose. I have a purpose.

I discovered my purpose not long ago and am working on going into fufilling it. God sent me on earth to be a mother to Street Kids. Children whose parents gave birth to but abandoned them to fate. Orphans who have no one to love and care for them. The Elderly who have no Children to look after them in their old age. Widows whose families are victimizing them and their children. They come under my care. If you touch any of them, you'll see my red eyes.

This is my purose in life. So you see? I am not just here to eat food grow old and die.

I LIVE FOR OTHERS.
budaatum:

In you opinion, is all the above meaningless? Or is there something you actually do apart from the above that makes your more meaningful than others?
Yes, it is meaningless if according to you, you do them just to be alive, nothing else.

And, yes there is something else i am doing that is meaningful than what most are not doing.

I have had all my life planned out. What i will do, who i want to become in life, where i want to be in a number of years, and i had began studying to prepare myself for that. But YHWH says, 'No, that is not why i Created you. I created you to live for Me. Taking care of those who have no one to take care of them is your purpose'. But, who will pay my bills? I asked, He said 'I will'.

How? He says trust me.

I guess you don't know what this means. I have to drop everything about me and take up everything about Him. Now, i am doing an internship in an orphanage, learning the robes. How will i feed hungry kids if strangers don't bring food? How will i pay the rent? What if they fall sick? Will a man see all this responsibility and accept to marry me? These and many more were the questions i asked. He said, TRUST ME.

Do you know what it means to live in lack and want just to train to depend on God and trust Him to provide for you? YET, It is so fufilling, so satisfying.

THIS MY FRIEND IS PURPOSE. I have entered into my REST.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 5:18pm On Mar 27, 2018
budaatum:

Sir, you are mistaken. If you choose a purpose for yourself, then then there's a meaning to your life. But you said in your first post that LIFE HAS NO MEANING.
You said you do all things just to.live like a rat which gets eaten by a cat, or a flower which is here blossoming in the morning but gets scourged and dies at noon.
With that, i agreed with you
budaatum:

No, these are for you. You are here to just LIVE. Live and die without a purpose. I have a purpose.

I discovered my purpose not long ago and am working on going into fufilling it. God sent me on earth to be a mother to Street Kids. Children whose parents gave birth to but abandoned them to fate. Orphans who have no one to love and care for them. The Elderly who have no Children to look after them in their old age. Widows whose families are victimizing them and their children. They come under my care. If you touch any of them, you'll see my red eyes.

This is my purose in life. So you see? I am not just here to eat food grow old and die.

I LIVE FOR OTHERS.
budaatum:

Yes, it is meaningless if according to you, you do them just to be alive, nothing else.

And, yes there is something else i am doing that is meaningful than what most are not doing.

I have had all my life planned out, what i will do, who i want to become in.life, where i want to be in a number of years, and i had began studying to prepare myself for that. But YHWH says, 'No, that is not why i Created you, i created you to live for Me, taking care of those who have no one to take care for them is your purpose'. But, who will pay my bills? He said 'I will'. How? He says trust me.

I guess you don't know what this means. I have to drop everything about me and take up everything about Him. Now, i am doing an internship in an orphanage learning the robes. How will feed hungry kids if strangers don't bring food? How will pay the rent? What if they fall sick? Will a man see all this responsibility and accept to marry me? These and many more were the questions i asked. He said, TRUST ME.

Do you know what it means to live in lack and want just to train to depend on God and trust Him to provide for you? YET, It is so fufilling, so satisfying.

THIS MY FRIEND IS PURPOSE. I have entered into my REST.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2018
budaatum:
I am not quite clear here, despite your shouting! What is your purpose that you depend on God to help you fulfil? Is it to be "his family", and "serve him"?

Read.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by CuteMadridista: 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2018
again "God created us for us" The absurdity of that statement escaped who said it
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:
again "God created us for us" The absurdity of that statement escaped who said it
I repeat, in case you didn't get me the first time. God created us for us. He created Me for the fellow humans on earth. When i do what He ask me to do, i serve him, but if i dont, it doesnt add or take away from Him.

Incase implicatures missed you, let me explain what i mean by God created us for us.

I will open and orphanage and home for the elderly. Will God be the homeless kids or orphans or the elderly there? No. Will it be Humans? Yes.

But, How does this mean serving God? For God so love the world that He gave to us what we can't give back to Him. For God so love us, we ought also to love each other.

It's because, LOVE IS GOD'S NATURE. Giving to those who can't give back is indeed giving and the best way to live.

Humans are my kind, if i can't love them, how can i love a spirit i can't see?

So, you see? God created us for.ourselves.

Your atheism, affects you and yours, not God.

He said to Job in Job 35:5--8
Look at the sky! See how high the clouds are!

If you sin, that does no harm to God. If you do wrong many times, does that affect him?

Do you help God by being so righteous?

[There is nothing God needs from you]. Others suffer from your sins, and the good you do helps them.

Guy, GOD HAS NO NEED OF YOU.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by CuteMadridista: 7:09pm On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

I repeat, in case you didn't get me the first time. God created us for us. He created Me for the fellow humans on earth. When i do what He ask me to do, i serve him, but if i dont, it doesnt add or take away from Him.

Incase implicatures missed you, let me explain what i mean by God created us for us.

I will open and orphanage and home for the elderly. Will God be the homeless kids or orphans or the elderly there? No. Will it be Humans? Yes.

But, How does this mean serving God? For God so love the world that He gave to us what we can't give back to Him. For God so love us, we ought also to love each other.

It's because, LOVE IS GOD'S NATURE. Giving to those who can't give back is indeed giving and the best way to live.

Humans are my kind, if i can't love them, how can i love a spirit i can't see?

So, you see? God created us for.ourselves.

Your atheism, affects you and yours, not God.

He said to Job in Job 35:5--8
Look at the sky! See how high the clouds are!

If you sin, that does no harm to God. If you do wrong many times, does that affect him?

Do you help God by being so righteous?

[There is nothing God needs from you]. Others suffer from your sins, and the good you do helps them.

Guy, GOD HAS NO NEED OF YOU.

There's a fundamental flaw with this reasoning that keeps escaping you, you're just circularly reasoning so the meaningless of that statement escapes you

For me to do something for something that "other something" must be existing first or I think it would exist in the future or it was existing in another form

If I open an orphanage, then I'm doing it for the lost children and the orphans who were existing BEFORE I decided to open the orphanage for their sake OR I feel there's gonna be some orphans in the future

What would've happened to the children had I not opened the orphanage? they would've been wandering the streets affected by the elements and hunger while being in danger from fellow humans so I opened the orphanage for THEM

Orphanages exist BECAUSE orphans exist! if there were no orphans, orphanages would not only be meaningless but useless!!

Now back to why I said the absurdity of your statement "He created us for us" keeps escaping you

What if he didn't create us? would we for a second feel left out? NO! Would we complain about his not creating us? no!
We weren't existing since forever and none of us begged any entity to create us, if we did and he created us then he would've been "Creating Us for Us" You can't give something existence just for it!

You seem to be running in circles
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 8:10pm On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

There's a fundamental flaw with this reasoning that keeps escaping you, you're just circularly reasoning so the meaningless of that statement escapes you
I think the reverse is the case here. You want to be right in your ungodly stance so much it's affecting your rationality. By all means you want me to be convinced you are right. But you chose to be what you are and i chose to be who i am.
CuteMadridista:

For me to do something for something that "other something" must be existing first or I think it would exist in the future or it was existing in another form
The bolded is where the issue lies. Did i choose to do the something?
CuteMadridista:

If I open an orphanage, then I'm doing it for the lost children and the orphans who were existing BEFORE I decided to open the orphanage for their sake OR I feel there's gonna be some orphans in the future
That will be because you saw a need to open an orphanage without being told to do so won't it be?

Did you read me saying i dropped off my own life to live for the orphans and the elderly because i see the need to?

BTW, caring for orphans is a calling/ministry of compassion. Why will you an atheist who sees no meaning in life find the life of the orphans meaningful to save? Where will the compassion come from when your own life means less than an existence of a flower to you?
CuteMadridista:

What would've happened to the children had I not opened the orphanage? they would've been wandering the streets affected by the elements and hunger while being in danger from fellow humans so I opened the orphanage for THEM
That will be if i saw the need without be told to leave all and do it. U don't see your short-circuted views do you?
CuteMadridista:

Orphanages exist BECAUSE orphans exist! if there were no orphans, orphanages would not only be meaningless but useless!!
That's right. That is why God endue certain of His flock with compassionate hearts to care for these ones regarless of what it will cause them.
CuteMadridista:

Now back to why I said the absurdity of your statement "He created us for us" keeps escaping you

What if he didn't create us? would that for a second feel left out? NO! Would we complain about his not creating us? no!
Well, that is His sole prerogative. He has the absolute right to decide who to create and what He would create you to be.
Good News Translation Isaiah 45:9-10
Does a clay pot dare argue with its maker, a pot that is like all the others?

Does the clay ask the potter what he is doing?

Does the pot complain that its maker has no skill? Do we dare say to our parents, “Why did you make me like this?”

Good News Translation Isaiah 29:16
They turn everything upside down. Which is more important, the potter or the clay? Can something you have made say, “You didn't make me”? Or can it say, “You don't know what you are doing”?

Good News Translation Romans 9:21
But who are you, my friend, to talk back to God? A clay pot does not ask the man who made it, “Why did you make me like this?”

After all, the man who makes the pots has the right to use the clay as he wishes, and to make two pots from the same lump of clay, one for special occasions and the other for ordinary use.

CuteMadridista:

We weren't existing since forever and none of us begged any entity to create us, if we did and he created us then he would've been "Creating Us for Us" You can't give something existence just for it!

You seem to be running in circles
You are the one running in circles but do not realize it. God does not exists but you can't seem to let it lie. He is wicked, He is a slaver, He is this, He is that.
In another story, you don't know if He exists or not. In another story, He may exist, but He definietly did not create the Universe. When asked how the universe came to be, you'd retort, 'I don't know'. Hahahahahaha

You are nothing but clay in His hands, and it is his prerequisite whether or not to create you. And creating you, He did. What can you now do about it?

Remember to tell your folks to bury you with stones when you die so that you can aim them at His face when you meet Him, because, meeting Him, you will. Insulting Him will stop it. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Oneness Of Infinity Explained. . . / Does Lionel Messi Use Black/white Magic To Enhance His Play? Pic Inside. / Be An Atheist For Twelve Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.