Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,005 members, 7,821,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? (4076 Views)

The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama / The Origin And Meaning Of “august Visitor”. / Meaning Of Ash Wednesday And Why Anglicans Celebrate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by CuteMadridista: 8:37pm On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

I think the reverse is the case here. You want to be right in your ungodly stance so much it's affecting your rationality. By all means you want me to be convinced you are right. But you chose to be what you are and i chose to be who i am.

The bolded is where the issue lies. Did i choose to do the something?

That will be because you saw a need to open an orphanage without being told to do so won't it be?

Did you read me saying i dropped off my own life to live for the orphans and the elderly because i see the need to?

BTW, caring for orphans is a calling/ministry of compassion. Why will you an atheist who sees no meaning in life find the life of the orphans meaningful to save? Where will the compassion come from when your own life means less than an existence of a flower to you?

That will be if i saw the need without be told to leave all and do it. U don't see your short-circuted views do you?

That's right. That is why God endue certain of His flock with compassionate hearts to care for these ones regarless of what it will cause them.

Well, that is His sole prerogative. He has the absolute right to decide who to create and what He would create you to be.
Good News Translation Isaiah 45:9-10
Does a clay pot dare argue with its maker, a pot that is like all the others?

Does the clay ask the potter what he is doing?

Does the pot complain that its maker has no skill? Do we dare say to our parents, “Why did you make me like this?”

Good News Translation Isaiah 29:16
They turn everything upside down. Which is more important, the potter or the clay? Can something you have made say, “You didn't make me”? Or can it say, “You don't know what you are doing”?

Good News Translation Romans 9:21
But who are you, my friend, to talk back to God? A clay pot does not ask the man who made it, “Why did you make me like this?”

After all, the man who makes the pots has the right to use the clay as he wishes, and to make two pots from the same lump of clay, one for special occasions and the other for ordinary use.

You are the one running in circles but do not realize it. God does not exists but you can't seem to let it lie. He is wicked, He is a slaver, He is this, He is that.
In another story, you don't know if He exists or not. In another story, He may exist, but He definietly did not create the Universe. When asked how the universe came to be, you'd retort, 'I don't know'. Hahahahahaha

You are nothing but clay in His hands, and it is his prerequisite whether or not to create you. And creating you, He did. What can you now do about it?

Remember to tell your folks to bury you with stones when you die so that you can aim them at His face when you meet Him, because, meeting Him, you will. Insulting Him will stop it. cheesy

I notice since you've learnt how to quote in segments you quote in segments anyhow just to say things because you fell like you should

We are working on an assumption here and you seem to be dragging the discussion back towards what we've moved over for the sake of discussion. the assumption is that a god exists! so I see no sense in most of what you typed up there. Not every discussion an atheist does here are trying to assert your imaginary friend does not exist. one can still move past that charitably at times to discuss some more and that's what I and (presumably) Kay17 are doing here

Like I said, fundamentally the statement is highly flawed and you've not in anyway countered that at all but rather tried to drown the point with inanities, red herrings and irrelevant statements

Fundamentally, YOU CAN'T CREATE SOMETHING FOR THAT THING! maybe your fellow Christians can explain how true that statement in all caps is cuz its proving too hard for you to understand. funny enough, many parts of the verbose you typed up there proves my point!
Nobody asked to be created, there was NO need from us for us to be created so if we were created it couldn't have been for us! and saying he created us for us is akin to me saying I built an orphanage for orphanage sake

You can't bring something into existence for its sake, its fundamentally nonsensical and no amount of biblical titanic you throw at me can remove the flaw as its akin to saying "Four sided triangle", Fundamental flaw is not something you resolve by quoting Bible and screaming how I'll go to hell or face your god
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

[quote author=CuteMadridista post=66211982]
I notice since you've learnt how to quote in segments you quote in segments anyhow just to say things because you fell like you should
Is there any segment i quoted but didn't respond to what you said?

CuteMadridista:

We are working on an assumption here and you seem to be dragging the discussion back towards what we've moved over for the sake of discussion. the assumption is that a god exists! so I see no sense in most of what you typed up there
If you see no reason for it, then don't type it. because if you type something, i shd respond to it.
CuteMadridista:

Not every discussion an atheist does here are trying to assert your imaginary friend does not exist. one can still move past that charitably at times to discuss some more and that's what I and (presumably) Kay17 are doing here
You must be a very acute imaginative person as this imaginary friend has got so stuck in your imagunation more than it does to mine. Kay17 has said nothing so far.

Well, i'm yet to see what you have to say that is not bordered on your imaginary friend.
CuteMadridista:

Like I said, fundamentally the statement is highly flawed and you've not in anyway countered that at all but rather tried to drown the point with inanities, red herrings and irrelevant statements
To you. Have not said you expect me to say hence, my statement is flawed. Thanks goodness, you don't validate what i do or say.

CuteMadridista:

Fundamentally, YOU CAN'T CREATE SOMETHING FOR THAT THING! maybe your fellow Christians can explain how true that statement in all caps is cuz its proving too hard for you to understand. funny enough, many parts of the verbose you typed up there proves my point!
It it vebose to you becos, you'd rather see it from an atheist perapective.
Okay,. Hopefullandlord, this theead is about life's meaning. And Kay17 drew us towards this direction. Now wr are at WHY GOD CREATED US, AND IF WE ARE USEFUL TO GOD. I SAY, God created humans to serve other humans, you said my statement is flawed. Maybe you wat it to read, 'God needs humans so He created them'.

Now, let's work with your supposition.
Of what use will you say is humans to God?
CuteMadridista:

You can't bring something into existence for its sake, its fundamentally nonsensical and no amount of biblical titanic you throw at me can remove the flaw as its akin to saying "Four sided triangle", Fundamental flaw is not something you resolve by quoting Bible and screaming how I'll go to hell or face your god
Do you even read what i type? Can you for once stop being compulsively dishonest? Did i explain what i meant by 'God created us for us' or you didn't see it?
Did you see it abd pretend you didn't or you are just bing yourself?

Guy, if you are useful to God, tell me how you are.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by CuteMadridista: 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

hehehehe

Existence is fundamental to anything! and no I've not in anyway claimed he created us for him, you seem to be thinking its one or another or would you be so kind to tell me where I made such a claim? I'm only tackling the "He created us for us"

Since existence is fundamental, for the statement "He created us to serve other humans" to make sense and not commit a fundamental flaw then those "other humans" would've been existing independent of whatever created us

If this entity is the cause of the existence of those "other humans" then its still fundamentally flawed as he's the one that created certain humans and kept creating them to help themselves.

This is a FUNDAMENTAL issue not biblical or something you can keep driving around and trying to drown with inanities

This is akin to me "creating" orphans by killing several parents and creating an orphanage while telling the kids to help themselves since "I created them for them"

Again, nobody here is tackling the existence of your imaginary friend, at least not on this thread so quit running back and forth on a none issue

I repeat, nobody asked to be created, nobody wanted to be created in order to help another creation. When we go down to the fundamentals, certain statements has to lose meaning. Why did he create Eve? to help Adam and keep him company. why did he create Adam? that's going down to the fundamentals as without Adam there wouldn't have been any need for Eve. a helper was required due to someone needing help

Honestly, some things are so fundamental that they're not worth arguing over, you either understand it or you don't and you apparently don't
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by budaatum: 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2018
Finally! Emmanystone states her purpose! Surely, that wasn't that hard, was it?

Emmanystone:
I discovered my purpose not long ago and am working on going into fufilling it. God sent me on earth to be a mother to Street Kids. Children whose parents gave birth to but abandoned them to fate. Orphans who have no one to love and care for them. The Elderly who have no Children to look after them in their old age. Widows whose families are victimizing them and their children. They come under my care. If you touch any of them, you'll see my red eyes.

This is my purose in life. So you see? I am not just here to eat food grow old and die.

I LIVE FOR OTHERS.
So, in effect, you choose to do something for the benefit of others, and in effect, "make the world less bad than if you did nothing" and thereby, in your opinion, your life is not purposeless and meaningless.

I guess you missed the following.

budaatum:
There is one important difference between human beings and trees and birds. Birds and trees don't choose a purpose while human beings can. Some humans choose to make the world less bad than if they did nothing, whilst some choose to make the world much worse than it would have been if they actually ate, slept and eventually just died.

Might your issues be because you are too busy listening to yourself without hearing what others say? Or perhaps you are just wired to hear the word atheist and see demons? Or you just don't take your own advise and "read"? Or maybe you just are too busy that you cannot see any value in those who don't worship your god? Or do you just plain have issues with people choosing goals for themselves? Or.....?

Do tell, when Omo Basoorun goes all the way up to the heavens to bring light to the people in the Orolu Kingdom on earth as described here, is it because she does not so much like the heavenly existence and so bothers to return to earth so others can have light and see too? Or do you think it is because she can't buy a candle and light it to see for herself?

Is a person who brings light to others "meaningless" "purposeless" and "useless", as you've repeatedly insisted, Emmanystone? Or, are you just a [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+13%3A+22-30&version=RSV]teeth gnashers[/url] who sees nothing wrong in thanking your very own god that you are not like the "[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+18%3A9-14&version=RSV]tax collector[/url]" over there?
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 8:50am On Mar 28, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Is there any segment i quoted but didn't respond to what you said?

CuteMadridista:

We are working on an assumption here and you seem to be dragging the discussion back towards what we've moved over for the sake of discussion. the assumption is that a god exists! so I see no sense in most of what you typed up there
If you see no reason for it, then don't type it. because if you type something, i shd respond to it.
CuteMadridista:

Not every discussion an atheist does here are trying to assert your imaginary friend does not exist. one can still move past that charitably at times to discuss some more and that's what I and (presumably) Kay17 are doing here
You must be a very acute imaginative person as this imaginary friend has got so stuck in your imagunation more than it does to mine. Kay17 has said nothing so far.

Well, i'm yet to see what you have to say that is not bordered on your imaginary friend.
CuteMadridista:

To you. Have not said you expect me to say hence, my statement is flawed. Thanks goodness, you don't validate what i do or say.

CuteMadridista:

It it vebose to you becos, you'd rather see it from an atheist perapective.
Okay,. Hopefullandlord, this theead is about life's meaning. And Kay17 drew us towards this direction. Now wr are at WHY GOD CREATED US, AND IF WE ARE USEFUL TO GOD. I SAY, God created humans to serve other humans, you said my statement is flawed. Maybe you wat it to read, 'God needs humans so He created them'.

Now, let's work with your supposition.
Of what use will you say is humans to God?
CuteMadridista:

Do you even read what i type? Can you for once stop being compulsively dishonest? Did i explain what i meant by 'God created us for us' or you didn't see it?
Did you see it abd pretend you didn't or you are just bing yourself?

Guy, if you are useful to God, tell me how you are.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by CuteMadridista: 9:01am On Mar 28, 2018
^ WTF! Emmanystone are you copying and pasting what someone sent you? if no, how come your last 2 posts are same verbatim? how is it that you slept, woke up and posted the same thing like you just copied and pasted the same post?
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 9:36am On Mar 28, 2018
budaatum:

So, in effect, you choose to do something for the benefit of others, and in effect, "make the world less bad than if you did nothing" and thereby, in your opinion, your life is not purposeless and meaningless.
I choose? No i didn't. It was chosen for me by my Master and as a servant i accepted.

And, yes, my life is not purposeless and meaningless, because i'm serving humanity. Giving up my own life for theirs. It doesn't seem like a purpose to you right?

budaatum:

I guess you missed the following.

There is one important difference between human beings and trees and birds. Birds and trees don't choose a purpose while human beings can. Some humans choose to make the world less bad than if they did nothing, whilst some choose to make the world much worse than it would have been if they actually ate, slept and eventually just died.

You are going back and forth contradicting yourself sir. The Op asked to know the meaning/purpose of life, but you vehemently said, NONE. LIFE HAS NOT MEANING/PURPOSE.

I asked you what you live for, you said nothing. Why then do you strive to live by doing you do? You said, 'Just to live and die'. When you die, you become manure and that's it.

Now, here you are talking about humans choosing to make the world a better place or not. The questions remains, WHY? To that, you will still say 'just to live'

I guess you don't read what you type. If you just live to die, then your life has no purpose or meaning.

[quote author=budaatum post=66215472]
Might your issues be because you are too busy listening to yourself without hearing what others say? Or perhaps you are just wired to hear the word atheist and see demons? Or you just don't take your own advise and "read"? Or maybe you just are too busy that you cannot see any value in those who don't worship your god? Or do you just plain have issues with people choosing goals for themselves? Or.....?
Maybe you should go back from the beginning of this thread and read your own posts then maybe you'll understand it's you who have been stuck in a rigmarole.

Let me say it again, you say life has no meaning. I asked, if life has no meaning, WHY then do you even bother to set out goals for yourself? The atheists in Reddit are better atheiats if you ask me. They know or are persuaded that life has no meaning, so why strive? Many of them are killing themselves, yet some are harbouring suicidal thoughts. That to me is someone who knows life has no meaning.

You buda can not insist life has no meaning, yet strive to stay healthy by medicating yourself when sick, eating when hungry, resting when tired, having sex and having kids.

A guy in reddit said, he will never have kids, it's useless to bring a child into this meaningless life. This is where i was going. If life has no meaning, then don't live it. Kill yourself. You have the right to, it's your life, you gave it to yourself, you owe no man or God explanation.

budaatum:

Do tell, when Omo Basoorun goes all the way up to the heavens to bring url=https://www.nairaland.com/4252417/atheistic-reply-emusmithy-thread/1#63697604]light[/url] to the people in the Orolu Kingdom on earth as described
This Omo Basoorun is a double standard Omo. He speaks from both sides of the mouth. because no true Omo Basoorun can declare 'gods does not exist'.
budaatum:

Is a person who brings light to others "meaningless" "purposeless" and "useless", as you've repeatedly insisted, Emmanystone? Or, are you just a [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+13%3A+22-30&version=RSV]teeth gnashers[/url] who sees nothing wrong in thanking your very own god that you are not like the "[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+18%3A9-14&version=RSV]tax collector[/url]" over there?
Omo Basoorun, i am not the one who said you are meaningless o. I am just agreeing with you. You said your life has no meaning nah. You just do all to live and die. No real Omo Basoorun can live a meaningless life or see life as meaningless. May your ancestors not shake their fist at you in anger.

It's so disheartening to see an Omo Basoorun declare what you declare in this forum. Out of respect for what your people (the Orolu) stand for, i would have said, i am disappointed in you. But, i hold my peace.

See what the whiteman has done to you. Yet you'd scream at me accusing me of accepting the God of the whiteman rejecting mine. You have not only rejected yours, you deny it's own existence. It's a shame.

***Leaves thread***.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 9:45am On Mar 28, 2018
CuteMadridista:

We are working on an assumption here and you seem to be dragging the discussion back towards what we've moved over for the sake of discussion. the assumption is that a god exists! so I see no sense in most of what you typed up there. Not every discussion an atheist does here are trying to assert your imaginary friend does not exist. one can still move past that charitably at times to discuss some more and that's what I and (presumably) Kay17 are doing here

Nobody asked to be created, there was NO need from us for us to be created so if we were created it couldn't have been for us! and saying he created us for us is akin to me saying I built an orphanage for orphanage sake

With you, there will be no end, so, Ok.

I didn't even bother to read.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by CuteMadridista: 10:03am On Mar 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

With you, there will be no end, so, Ok.

I didn't even bother to read.

Have you taken your daily coffee this morning? you've already replied to that post you quoted.... twice!

You need vitamin A
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Kay17: 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
Glad that Emmanystone finally revealed the purpose of man on earth which is to be for other men. However my suspicions are raised by the fact that this purpose of man goes round in circles. Man, unlike tools, is not applied to a pre-existing challenge or condition. Man is not solution to any purpose other than himself. Man is awkwardly, and to some absurdly, the tool for the tool. Like a hammer serves to repair itself. Or nail to nail itself.

Nonetheless Emmystone has stated the purpose of man within Christianity. Who are we to question it.

Still it worrisome that the creator found no use for his creation.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Emmanystone: 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
Kay17:
Glad that Emmanystone finally revealed the purpose of man on earth which is to be for other men. However my suspicions are raised by the fact that this purpose of man goes round in circles. Man, unlike tools, is not applied to a pre-existing challenge or condition. Man is not solution to any purpose other than himself. Man is awkwardly, and to some absurdly, the tool for the tool. Like a hammer serves to repair itself. Or nail to nail itself.

Nonetheless Emmystone has stated the purpose of man within Christianity. Who are we to question it.

Still it worrisome that the creator found no use for his creation.
Are you all wired this way when it comes to God, or you guys do this deliberately?

Read all i typed and read what you just typed here and see your dishonesty in trying to twist things.

I repeat, God as in YHWH, has no need for man. If He does, you as an individual shd do well to tell me what you do for God. How does He cope with a very little fragment of humanity identifying Him as their Creator?

I said, God created man for man. We are created to love and serve each other. But as an atheists, why will you want to do a thing like that? After man is just a bag of bones held together by skin.
Re: What Is The Simplest Meaning Of Life? by Kay17: 9:50am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

Are you all wired this way when it comes to God, or you guys do this deliberately?

Read all i typed and read what you just typed here and see your dishonesty in trying to twist things.

I repeat, God as in YHWH, has no need for man. If He does, you as an individual shd do well to tell me what you do for God. How does He cope with a very little fragment of humanity identifying Him as their Creator?

I said, God created man for man. We are created to love and serve each other. But as an atheists, why will you want to do a thing like that? After man is just a bag of bones held together by skin.

We basically said the same thing. Same gist. Man was created for man. Which is running in circles. And which i thought was dubious and empty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

lets work together / 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering / Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.