Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary (34773 Views)

Age Is Just A Number - Reactions As 'Young' Couple Set To Wed In Benue (Photos) / Young Pastor And His Fiancée Set To Wed In Edo State (Photos) / Rhoda Ameh And Sunday Agbo Wedding At Lagos Beach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by dominion001(m): 11:24pm On Mar 24, 2018
Imo. The North of the East.
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by KingGBsky(m): 11:38pm On Mar 24, 2018
MsFaith:

You will only find one if you're one yourself undecided

I know it must be a girl that would wuote me.
Unchanhing proetitutes.
Damned generation of useless girls looking for hisband after they have uselessed thier bodies.
My mother married a virgin. That was the worth of marriage. I rather remain single than tie the knot with a girl who is unrepentant with the idea of sleeping around with a guy all in the name of boy friend and sexual satisfaction without any respect for marriage hood.
Useless fellows.
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 24, 2018
men dey try sha... l need courage to be married someday... not in Nigeria though
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by MsFaith: 11:53pm On Mar 24, 2018
KingGBsky:

I know it must be a girl that would wuote me.
Unchanhing proetitutes.
Damned generation of useless girls looking for hisband after they have uselessed thier bodies.
My mother married a virgin. That was the worth of marriage. I rather remain single than tie the knot with a girl who is unrepentant with the idea of sleeping around with a guy all in the name of boy friend and sexual satisfaction without any respect for marriage hood.
Useless fellows.
Whether you rain cusses or not you will only marry a virgin if you are one. Simple!

2 Likes

Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 12:00am On Mar 25, 2018
flokii:
grin grin

More like 50 Imo almajiris joined together in mass wedding.

Like South East like North
they even looked old like 50 yrs old woman..
imaging if this happened in Northern part? our brother from Yeast would have full d cyberspace and started constitute nuisance!
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by Vannlex(m): 1:04am On Mar 25, 2018
Wow!! thats the highest number i've ever seen or heard. the one i experience last was 20
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by Malawian(m): 2:59am On Mar 25, 2018
This is nothing new in the Catholic Church. Even my parish here in Lagos does it once a year.
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by yazach: 3:18am On Mar 25, 2018
Laughing in Swahili

Una no dey like Northerners but una dey copy them
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by BabaRamota1980: 4:39am On Mar 25, 2018
Not a single one is "light skinned". Are these not Igbos? Oh i forgot, these are Aros. Light skinness is with Eris, the son of Gad, the Jew of Africa

1 Like

Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by fireback: 5:29am On Mar 25, 2018
Franzinni:
49 divorces loading...
you're EVIL.

1 Like

Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by somehow: 7:10am On Mar 25, 2018
salt1:

They're not young couples. Most have been cohabiting for years after their traditional marriage.
The Catholic Church insists on the sacrament of matrimony or church blessing before they can take holy communion

So a man or woman married in a traditional way isn't married so can't take holy Communion?

Show me where in the Bible you're to marry in the church building.
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by somehow: 7:14am On Mar 25, 2018
Does this make sense? Which Bible said anyone should be denied holy Communion for not "wedding" in the church?
1bunne4lif:
All these people commenting nonsense, mass wedding is very common in the universal church, its an act to help those who can't afford a separate wedding and also to help couples who are married traditionally to be able to receive sacrament in the church, it does not have anything to do with tribe
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 25, 2018
Some people are fighting hard to paint Church wedding with glorious colors. But we cannot be deceived. Church weddings remains one of the hallowed rituals to glorify the office of the pastor at the cost of the helpless couples. God is not part of this pastoral greed.
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by achiever12: 8:21am On Mar 25, 2018
Ebios:
I can't imagine the number of people(relations friends etc) from the 50 Couples that will attend
they don't need family members there. They just need two people that love themselves and want to settle down with each other without any of the expensive vanity imposed by the society
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by Oloripelebe: 10:24am On Mar 25, 2018
Yeebos imitating their northern master grin
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by seniorkachion(m): 10:46am On Mar 25, 2018
Encyclopedia1:
If na North, it is a bad thing. Its South now it is legit.

North is govt arranged and funded, and the couples can hard maintain themselves, and mostly a means of resettling divorced women. South East each couple takes care of themselves. They are well heeled too. A picture of the church compound will stun you with the array of cars used by the couples and their friends and family. After the wedding you can have a ball at the multiple reception gigs all over town. That's a very big difference.
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by salt1: 11:12am On Mar 25, 2018
somehow:

So a man or woman married in a traditional way isn't married so can't take holy Communion?

Show me where in the Bible you're to marry in the church building.

I'm not the one who gave them the law.
I was just explaining why they are old couples

For me, marriage is the union of two previously unmarried individuals.
How they choose to legalize the union or conduct the celebration is entirely their business
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by seniorkachion(m): 11:18am On Mar 25, 2018
flokii:

Don't mind our Igbo blothers and sisters..

Watch how they'll avoid the thread like plague

Why would we avoid it. Rather, it is fun and worth celebrating. The couples take care of themselves and arrange and pay for their receptions. In the North, the govt does everything for the couples including match making. Moreover, it is usually divorced women that married off that way and the govt pays all the bills. The ones in the South East have no govt input and the couples are gainfully employed or in biz.
My sister's son had such a wedding. At the end of the service, each couple together with family and friends took up a portion of the expansive church premises to do their photo shoot and then left for their various reception venues. A couple had their in the church field, while another used the old church building.
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2018
marriage of incompatible bedmates!
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by excel123: 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2018
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by Encyclopedia1: 11:47pm On Mar 25, 2018
seniorkachion:

North is govt arranged and funded, and the couples can hard maintain themselves, and mostly a means of resettling divorced women. South East each couple takes care of themselves. They are well heeled too. A picture of the church compound will stun you with the array of cars used by the couples and their friends and family. After the wedding you can have a ball at the multiple reception gigs all over town. That's a very big difference.
Really? I'm sure that's for ur side. Go check again.
Re: 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary by seniorkachion(m): 11:10am On Mar 26, 2018
Encyclopedia1:

Really? I'm sure that's for ur side. Go check again.

Which one is my side, and what do you want me to check again?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Beautiful Ladies In The World / Husband Pees Inside Wife During Sex!!! / Is My Girlfriend Trying To Pull My Legs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.