Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

"English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self (41231 Views)

Which University Makes Sense Between BUK And ABU Zaria? / MONEY GAME: Regretful Incident That Taught Me The Most Sense In 2020 / Nigerian Lady With A "Unique Accent" Trends On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by onotiemoria(m): 4:25pm On Mar 28, 2018
Or u hear naija police say "hey u on naked" come here.
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by MrCGPA(m): 4:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
Should incase I don't come on time

1 Like

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by Triciasexy87(f): 4:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
Tokziby:
REVERSE BACK SMALL... Na where u wan reverse go before??

Inside public transport, u hear things like, Aunty please can u please "DRESS" for me make i sit... No be only dress na make up.

NEPA has brought the light.... Na wetin dem take carry the light come??

while trying to maneuver ur way out of a tight spot. Brother "Cut ur hand" well or small... If u cut the hand, i wonder wetin u go take drive...

ADD urss grin grin grin
Oya Bros, correct all the statement

2 Likes

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by Dawl: 4:28pm On Mar 28, 2018
The man is franking his face.

1 Like

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by miniyi018(f): 4:28pm On Mar 28, 2018
hyzich:
what's wrong with *who is the last person on the queue*?

please i want to know because i say that alot.

It's the response. If am asked that question on a good day I will sweetly reply yes. On a not so good day... 'am not the last ijn' is my response. Then on a bad day.. 'do you see anyone behind me?'.

3 Likes

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by MrCGPA(m): 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
How far? Instead of how are you?
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by shaybebaby(f): 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
Where you from come?

Why are you shouting on me? grin
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by miniyi018(f): 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
This ogbono no Draw well well.

1 Like

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by hyzich(m): 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
miniyi018:

It's the response. If am asked that question on a good day I will sweetly reply yes. On a not so good day... 'am not the last ijn' is my response. Then on a bad day.. 'do you see anyone behind me?'.

lol. the question is *last person on queue*
can you suggest a better way to ask without bringing out the religious or aggressive part of the person? grin
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by thunderbabs: 4:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
You didnt hear someone well...

You will hear...

Come again
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
This one take style big oo grin
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by Reelmii: 4:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
Werewolf18:
but u are talking to the last person, na!
most time it is better to ask 'please is someone behind u' rather than asking 'are u the last person? '

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by elpigrafa: 4:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
Q: The internet fast?
A: E fast small

Q: Please where the barbershop
A (pointing): You see that upstairs there....

4 Likes

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by hyzich(m): 4:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:

Sometimes, the response you get is what makes it hilarious.

I will never be the last person in Jesus name.

lol, even when the *on queue* is there. so, which other way is more polite?
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by Coldfeets: 4:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
One game cut my ticket.

Madrid don cast my game.
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by erobes: 4:35pm On Mar 28, 2018
ibadan girls: oga,izz #100 we WEAR okada na

1 Like

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by miniyi018(f): 4:37pm On Mar 28, 2018
hyzich:

lol. the question is *last person on queue*
can you suggest a better way to ask without bringing out the religious or aggressive part of the person? grin

Do you have someone behind you?

2 Likes

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by sokera: 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2018
Customer - I wan buy Maclean Seller - which one ? Customer- close up ... ����. I love Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by GuidoVanRossum: 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2018
hyzich:

lol, even when the *on queue* is there. so, which other way is more polite?

Some people can be over sensitive spiritually in this part of the world.

I went to a bank one day and there was this long queue, some people were sitting down since they could no longer stand, I politely asked one yoruba woman if she was the last person on the queue. O boy! You need to see how she was binding and casting that day. Fear grip my spine.

3 Likes

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by Oritzy: 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2018
Me: My car dey jeck I nor understand am this morning
mechanic: enter the car make you start am...fire am....still fire am small...fire am well well
me: ah! Oga where the fire ni

3 Likes

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by prospero5(m): 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
when i see people write words like pensioneers, conquerous etc i just weak.
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by Ogonimilitant(m): 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2018
This your behaviour no dey sweet me laugh
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by emotionroll(m): 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
Blizzy9ja:
A passenger inside a cab to the driver: Stop let me come down
Mumu hw is dat English wrong?
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by xtivin(m): 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2018
Make i come dey go
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by MegaStarr(m): 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2018
1. Let us go and knack band.

2. Add a little more soup for me.

3. Driver, drop me for junction.

4. I 'first' you to go to school.

5. Stealing is not corruption.

3 Likes

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by obonujoker(m): 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2018
Benin people: Na only me one...

1 Like

Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by 1zynnvn(m): 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2018
nextstep:

Well, selling products (e.g. books) yet not spending your profit on clothes is one way to build wealth, assuming he is frugal in other aspects of his personal life.
sense will not kill you
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 28, 2018
Khd95:
FOR ATM QUE

-MADAM PLS EPP ME SHIFT BACK SMALL
-I CANNOT SHIFT BACKER THAN THIS OO,THIS IS THE BACKEST I CAN SHIFT,SOMEBODY IS ALREADY IN FRONT OF MY BACK embarassed embarassed

grin grin
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by dstar01(m): 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2018
exlinkleads:
"English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija No Go Kill Me

To be honest, we need to have our own English in Nigeria, we are big enough. Even though some people will think we have pidgin English already buy hey, news flash we know speak pidgin reach some of African countries.

But this new thread on Twitter got my attention and I can't stop laughing at oir naija English. Its a new thread started by Femi Coker @femifactor and it has been trending like fire.

The thread is about some English Nigerians speak that only make sense in Nigeria. Is not a correct and acceptable English though but when you speak to a Nigerians like that, he knows everthing you mean...lol

Check out some of them below and comment your own ooooo. Mine: Let me come and be going.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/03/english-that-only-makes-sense-in.html?m=1

i cannot fit come and go and die
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by Aadetola1(m): 5:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
You will enter motor from there.
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self by okolet(m): 5:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
Day break every where burst!! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 / List Of ASUU Demands As Strike Is Suspended Conditionally / Nairaland Undergraduates Central Chatroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.