Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ (34204 Views)

Lady Who Started 2017 As A Promiscuous Girl Finds Love In Jesus / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? / I Am A Christian But Dont Believe In Heaven Or Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Butterflyleo: 10:35am On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:

That doesn't explain why only 2% believe in Jesus though

It explains why 2% still believe. A prophet is never honoured in his own land.

Jesus went against their known Judaic ways so why then would they not reject him?

They expected the messiah to come as a warrior in vengeance but not as a peace maker and a lamb of sacrifice.

Their blind selfish desires made them reject him .
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by fabre4: 10:37am On Apr 01, 2018
dionysus7:
i honestly thought you wanted to give logical reasons...yet another disappointment.

you guys are not even trying again, you're just shoving your beliefs in our faces, and when your opinions are scrutinized, you start shouting atheists

Oga it is a take it or leave it offer if you are not interested take a walk. But we know the truth and will continue to flaunt it.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by shugamummy: 10:39am On Apr 01, 2018
darkchild64:

Let me ask you a simple question,if an Israeli man appeared today and started performing scientifally proven miracles,and doing other supernatural stuff,this guy claims that he is the younger brother of Jesus and that Yahweh has now changed the rules that you would need to believe in him(let's say his name is Ben-Yedder) you would have to pray through his name to assess Yahweh and you need not follow the New Testament laws again,he creates new laws,giving that some people are starting to believe him

Let me ask you simple question. Since our Lord Jesus breath his last. Can you name what he prophesied that has come to pass in history. Have you encountered any miracle in history done in His name,have you heard of people who cos of His teachings failed to live worldly life. Can you acknowledge that your year in history is divided before and after his death. Is there anyone in history u are aware of who foretold how he is gonna die and it happened exactly. Do you feel also that the 12 apostles that interacted with him are not cogent enough to tell us who He is and why they died for His sake. If you answer yes to all then you can confirm why those closet to your dead Bihari can tell you who he is and what he said last minute and you must believe otherwise keep deceiving your dead brain into believing what a jihadist who has no single prophesy ascribed to him that has come to pass thrashed to you......yeye

WOULD YOU BELIEVE ?[/quote]
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by zlantanfan: 10:40am On Apr 01, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Your problem is a mental one. You are stuck on a God and a Jesus you claim is fictional yet cannot disassociate from them .

You have an attachment disorder.
Did you see me wasting my time on him.

The man is finished, they are either Islamist s in disguise ( which nairaland restricts access to their topics) or plain dumb atheists
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Homeboiy: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2018
zombieHUNTER:
Jesus is Lord He has Risen

CC Imhotep evablizin firefire ajepako homeboiy lzaa. ngokafor et all
Happy Easter guys
Madridguy yarimo usba manirik quotasystem

happy Easter boss
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:45am On Apr 01, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

This is plain trash! The Jews has maintained their religion for thousands of years despite the adulterated version spreading everywhere. They have not compromised their stand on the Greek version of Judaism called Christianity. And they have not remained secluded nor stagnant. In fact, they have waxed stronger and all Christians strive to come to their country for religious tourism thereby enriching them.

If anything, the Jews have held on to their original religion despite the fake version flying around. They have maintained a montheist stance and their core beliefs that their God did not father any son and also know the origin of trinity to be pagen worship.
They’ve waxed stronger indeed! Keep telling yourself that, doesn’t make it true..Christianity is still waxing much stronger than Judaism and will continue to do so till the end of time..calling it a fake version will NOT change this fact..for it was prophesied that “the stone the builders rejected will become the cornerstone “..
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Butterflyleo: 10:45am On Apr 01, 2018
zlantanfan:
Did you see me wasting my time on him.

The man is finished, they are either Islamist s in disguise ( which nairaland restricts access to their topics) or plain dumb atheists

The deluded guy is an atheist. He says Jesus never existed and God does not exist but just cannot stop talking about those he claims do not exist. He is indeed finished but does not know it yet.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ensamy(m): 10:46am On Apr 01, 2018
Jesus couldn't do much in his home town because of thier unbelieve. Till date Jesus is still doing miracle all over the world and little or non in Israel because of thier unbelieve. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by EbiJUNIRO(m): 10:46am On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:
How can a Nigerian believe the son of a Jewish carpenter killed in a small Israeli village aeons ago was dying for their sins when the Jews themselves don't believe that crhap?

there are even far more Muslims in Israel than there are Christians and that is saying a lot

Religion in Israel (2014)
Judaism (75%)
Islam (17.5%)
other/unknown (4%)
Christianity (2.0%)
Druzism (1.5%)

these guys who's ancestors lived during Jesus time and interacted with him didn't believe he was dying for them but a Nigerian read a book and quickly concluded the Jews are wrong. A slavery endorsing book handed to them by their pink skinned slavemasters

its like saying you know Buhari more than those that are interacting with him because you read punch newspapers

Nigerians need to get sense ASAP
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by shugamummy: 10:50am On Apr 01, 2018
Islam is borne out of Jihadist movement. That's why they can not question a single paragraph in their Quran. Take for instance,a frustrated vagabond picks up sword and begin to force people to join his secret cult else you die. People resisted and succumbed and joined his movement. Till he had too much followers,all of a sudden he claimed he was on a mountain and some citations poured into his weed brain. Now the moment he descended the mountain till he started translation he forgot no single line. Funny enough all thats contained in the crap Quran is based on his vices which he is forcing people to accept. No single line that says "love people no matter how bad they treat you" . All you hear is kill infidels,burn them and you get 70,000 virgins for your rotten dick and some stupid slums believed that their dead prick will perform after it has rotten
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Coloradvantage(m): 10:52am On Apr 01, 2018
wamiikechukwu:
I find it funny that even in the land where Jesus was claimed to be from, do not believe in him.

But in some parts of the world "specially the the place where nothing ever works (Africa)" , believe in him as if they have seen him before.

How i wish i was born 5000 years ago i would have created my own religion i would have named it "xyz"
you can do it now
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by KingGBsky(m): 10:52am On Apr 01, 2018
darkchild64:

Let me ask you a simple question,if an Israeli man appeared today and started performing scientifally proven miracles,and doing other supernatural stuff,this guy claims that he is the younger brother of Jesus and that Yahweh has now changed the rules that you would need to believe in him(let's say his name is Ben-Yedder) you would have to pray through his name to assess Yahweh and you need not follow the New Testament laws again,he creates new laws,giving that some people are starting to believe him

WOULD YOU BELIEVE ?

That has not happened in over 2000years ago so when do you see it happening?
Those who don't believe in Christ are doomed for life.
Living but dead.
Jesus Christ didn't come to save the Jews He came to save the world. Get that.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ensamy(m): 10:54am On Apr 01, 2018
People from all over the world come to Nigeria to see Prophet T.B.Joshua of SCOAN but we Nigerians are the one that persecute him most. This is so because we know his parents, his siblings and other things so we end up despising him while foreigners believe he is a prophet from God. shocked
So is Jesus being despised by his household. shocked I am not a member of SCOAN but that's how it works.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 01, 2018
divicoded:

I have fixed it for you

small boy
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by kiss4life(m): 10:57am On Apr 01, 2018
darkchild64:

WOULD YOU BELIEVE ?
CuteMadridista:

I don't believe in Arab god either

CONCERNING THIS WHAT YOU SAID, LET US KNOW WHAT THE BIBLE SAID

1 corinthians 1:6-9

KJV:I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
KJV:Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
KJV:But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
KJV:As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by dionysus7: 10:58am On Apr 01, 2018
fabre4:

Oga it is a take it or leave it offer if you are not interested take a walk. But we know the truth and will continue to flaunt it.

Mr fabre4... I'm guessing you're a Christian, if so, you definitely do not know what you're talking about if you claim that its a take it or leave it affair... It's sad enough you dont know what "truth" and what's sadder is that you're comfortable and proud of your ignorance that you'll flaunt it. Educate yourself sir
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by zlantanfan: 10:58am On Apr 01, 2018
Butterflyleo:

The deluded guy is an atheist. He says Jesus never existed and God does not exist but just cannot stop talking about those he claims do not exist. He is indeed finished but does not know it yet.
rather I believe he knows he is finished and just looking for as many to join him in his misery that's why he is stucked.

I am a very objectable person and believe in Jesus not because my parents do or some white men brought it.
I have searched it myself and found it to be the only way.

Note:
The truth about the wrong way or doctrine is that it that it forces or compels you to follow their path (by death threat in the terrorists religion for example) or by conscious, overzealousness from athiets to force you into a mistery they claim they don't believe in.

Christianity gives you the freewill to believe whatever because it isn't desperate about souls but such person rather needs it

1 Like

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by helpee(m): 10:59am On Apr 01, 2018
Butterflyleo:

It explains why 2% still believe. A prophet is never honoured in his own land.

Jesus went against their known Judaic ways so why then would they not reject him?

They expected the messiah to come as a warrior in vengeance but not as a peace maker and a lamb of sacrifice.

Their blind selfish desires made them reject him .
By your logic, why is prophet muhammed honoured in saudi? Infact, they are almost 100percent muslim. I CLEARLY DONT BELIEVE IN MOHAMMED ALLAH THOUGH. just for you to know it is not always true that a prophet wont be honoured in his homeland
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by LZAA: 10:59am On Apr 01, 2018
zombieHUNTER:
Jesus is Lord He has Risen

CC Imhotep evablizin firefire ajepako homeboiy lzaa. ngokafor et all
Happy Easter guys
Madridguy yarimo usba manirik quotasystem
happy easter brooooo
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Butterflyleo: 11:00am On Apr 01, 2018
helpee:
By your logic, why is prophet muhammed honoured in saudi? Infact, they are almost 100percent muslim. I CLEARLY DONT BELIEVE IN MOHAMMED ALLAH THOUGH. just for you to know it is not always true that a prophet wont be honoured in his homeland

By enforcement and punishment based on apostasy

1 Like

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by shugamummy: 11:01am On Apr 01, 2018
Lordcenturion2:
Because yeoshua is just a human being like every other people, he's trying to attach himself to what jew people believe and trying to change their law and create his own law and religion, jews people know him very well and his cunning and tricky way, but we black people don't know anything about yeoshua (jesus) backgrounds or how he lives his life, we just accept wat his followers wrote down in new testament, it was his followers who attach old testament with their own write up(new testament),that's why u will never see new testament in jew Bible.. Assume that those self acclaimed god (eg guru maharaj,olumba olumba) has lived in the past, and some of their illiterate members has wrote down many miracle lies about him in order to immortalised them, this is how many people will accept their teachings, yeoshua was punished when he was trying to cause confusion among religion men, it was his followers who passed down many lies about him and his miracle. Paul is a rome descendent, who was born in in Israel because Israel was a colony of Rome that time, he was the one who took the writtens to Rome where it was remodify in his own way.

Bros it's more than 2000 years now and no one no single one among the people you have mentioned has ever and will ever proclaim himself Lord of the heavens and earth and inform you that He is the way,the truth and life and nobody will see God except through Him. Maharaji will die,olumba will die,Mohammed has died,yet only one name keep up resounding as the true son of God. Who else. Keep waiting for another 2000 years to discredit Jesus. If your assertion that all He did was lie,could u you please lend some explanation as to why the Jews who were killing Him asked "Save yourself since you have been saving others" also " feed yourself since you fed 5000 men with a piece of fish.....Bros if you can't believe what those who lived with him for 3yrs tells you about him,who am I to convince your dead brain that He even lived in the first case. If Peter rises today and tell you that he walked on the water when our Lord Jesus commanded him to,would you believe that Peter is not telling a lie. First of all you would have a problem believing that Peter too or the Paul you cited actually existed. You see why it's difficult to convince you guys of historical events,yet whatever the white man has been teaching you is what you believe. Let me even ask you,how are you sure the people you refer today are your parents are actually your parents

1 Like

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by helpee(m): 11:03am On Apr 01, 2018
Butterflyleo:

By enforcement and punishment based on apostasy
and how did our fore fathers got converted to christianity? The europeans forced them, burnt their gods at gun point, jailed some others. You must have read THINGS FALL APART. That was just a tip of how our forefathers got converted. You must have heard about CRUSADES TOO. People were burnt live to accept jesus
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Ojetayo17(m): 11:03am On Apr 01, 2018
[color=#550000][/color]
for about 2000+ years ago, our lord jesus christ died to clear all of our sins that we have committed in other for us to gain eternal life in heaven.
You may belief that jesus christ exist or not; and if u dont believe that is ur headache;
and for those that belive in him, he endowed them with mighty power overwhelm life.

Our lord jesus is our ladder to heaven.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Butterflyleo: 11:05am On Apr 01, 2018
helpee:
and how did our fore fathers got converted to christianity? The europeans forced them, burnt their gods at gun point, jailed some others. You must have read THINGS FALL APART. That was just a tip of how our forefathers got converted. You must have heard about CRUSADES TOO. People were burnt live to accept jesus

Is that still the case today? No
Is this still the case for Islam today? Yes

Go figure.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by HamzaAbdullahi8(m): 11:06am On Apr 01, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

And who is asking whether he was regarded in Islam or not?

What are you people doing in Christian trend self?

As you said, no body give a Bleep about your Allah here, so carry your Allah go back to your cult group.

I guess you are more knowledgeable than the one that send him, because God himself refer to him as his son. John 3:16

the angel that brought the good news to Mary refer to him as the Son of God,
Luke 1:35 New International Version (NIV)
35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called [ a ] the Son of God.

Satan himself refer to him as the son of God

Luke 4:3 Contemporary English Version (CEV)
3 The devil said to Jesus, “If you are God’s Son, tell this stone to turn into bread.”

demon acknowledge his sonship

Matthew 8:29 Contemporary English Version (CEV)
29 Suddenly they shouted, “Jesus, Son of God, what do you want with us? Have you come to punish us before our time?”

So who is that gigolo Muhammad to say otherwise.

And don't come here typing rubbish on how God call some other people his son unless you are ready to show me where they refer to God as father.
wow imagine how brainwashed you are? Jesis is a prophet of Allah but the Jews didnt regard and killed him,the bible is a highly edited book and Christianity is a diluted religion,the real truth of jesus is in the holy koran.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 01, 2018
darkchild64:

WOULD YOU BELIEVE ?
Ben yedder is the saviour of sevilla nah,,... wink
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by mmsen: 11:11am On Apr 01, 2018
divicoded:

Oga your question is theoretical and not realistic or practical
Jesus is alive forever more, period!
Ben-Yadder or non Ben-Yadder, Jesus is the King of kings- He conquered and defeated death!

Isn't he currently dead? How did he conquer death if he is no longer alive?
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by helpee(m): 11:11am On Apr 01, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Is that still the case today? No
Is this still the case for Islam today? Yes

Go figure.
it is not so today because most christian nations are drifting away from christianity through civilisation. This is not about islam or christianity. Christian nations are becoming liberal so they dont even care. Americans that legalised homosexualism, dont go to church etc . Are they the one that will kill for religion? My own is this, if jesus actually died for our sins even before we were born , why do we keep asking for forgiveness from same sin that has been paid for? Assuming jesus didnt die for our sin, what would have changed? We would still be asking for forgiveness too. Be sincere with yourself.....even with jesus dying for our sin, more people are still going to hell anyway. Why die for our sin when the death is not enough to save anybody. Dont be deceived that you dont want to offend God. God gave us our reasoning for a purpose.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 01, 2018
mmsen:

Isn't he currently dead? How did he conquer death if he is no longer alive?

Extreme f00lisness is the act of displaying your level of stupidity in public

1 Like

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by mmsen: 11:16am On Apr 01, 2018
divicoded:

Extreme f00lisness is the act of displaying your level of stupidity in public

I notice you avoided the question to throw insults.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by shugamummy: 11:16am On Apr 01, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:
And yet some funny & large bunch of jokers in Africa believed he's the messiah

Jesus story is not different from mythical pagan god stories. In fact, it was plagiarised from other myths.

How is Easter Day Calculated?
A lot of people don't know Easter day is a pagan celebration of their god Attis. Many also don't know how it's calculated yet they defend what they have zero knowledge about. Well today, Amma tell you guys how it's calculated.

Nicaea set the date of Easter as the Sunday following the paschal full moon, which is the full moon that falls on or after the vernal (spring) equinox. In practice, that means that Easter is always the first Sunday after the first full moon that falls on or after March 21.

EASTER

In the fourth century an anonymous author tells us that Christians and followers of the Mystery godman Attis were both struck by the remarkable coincidence between the death and resurrection of their respective deities. This gave rise to bitter controversy between the adherents of the rival religions.

The Pagans contended that the resurrection of Christ was a spurious imitation of the resurrection of Attis and the Christians that the resurrection of Attis was a diabolical counterfeit of the resurrection of Christ.

The Megalensia was a spring festival in the Mysteries of Attis which, like Easter, lasted for three days.

During this time the myth of Attis was performed as a passion play, just as the story of Jesus was performed as a passion play in the Middle Ages. An effigy of the corpse of Attis was tied to a sacred pine-tree and decorated with flowers sacred to both Attis and his Syrian counterpart Adonis.

It was then buried in a sepulchre. But like Jesus, on the third day Attis rose again.
In the darkness of the night a light was brought to his open grave, while the presiding priest anointed the lips of the initiates with holy oil, comforting them with the words: 'To you likewise there shall come salvation from your trouble.'

The mythologist Sir James Frazer writes: 'But when night had fallen, the sorrow of the worshippers was turned to joy. For suddenly a light shone in the darkness: the tomb was opened; the god had risen from the dead; and as the priest touched the lips of the weeping mourners with balm, he softly whispered in their ears the glad tidings of salvation.

The resurrection of the god was hailed by his disciples as a promise that they too would issue triumphantly from the corruption of the grave. On the morrow, the twenty-fifth day of March, which was reckoned the vernal equinox, the divine resurrection was celebrated with a wild outburst of glee. At Rome, and probably elsewhere, the celebration took the form of a carnival. It was the festival of Joy {Hilaria).'

According to an ancient and widespread Christian tradition Jesus died on 25 March, the same day that the resurrection of Attis was officially celebrated at Rome.

However, another ancient Christian tradition, reported by the Church father Lactantius, places the death of Christ on 23 March and his resurrection on 25 March, which coincides exactly with the death and resurrection of Attis.

The Anthesteria, the spring festival of the Mysteries of Dionysus, was another three-day festival, of which one modern authority comments, 'A certain similarity with the sequence of Good Friday and Easter cannot be overlooked.’

Easter rites observed in Greece, Sicily and southern Italy still bear a striking resemblance to the Mystery rites of Adonis.

At the festival of Adonis the air was infused with the sweet aromas of incense and filled with loud lamentation at the death of the godman. The embalmed image of Adonis was then laid in a coffin and borne to his grave, but the faithful afterwards consoled themselves with the assurance that the godman was alive.

The Pagan writer Lucian records: They make offerings to Adonis as to one dead, and the day after the morrow they tell the story that he lives.'

In the gospels we are told that Jesus' corpse was 'wrapped in a linen sheet' and anointed with 'more than half a hundred weight of a mixture of myrrh and aloes'. According to Plutarch, a representation of Osiris was also wrapped with linen and anointed with myrrh. Likewise, in the Mysteries of Adonis an image of the corpse of the godman was washed, anointed with spices and wrapped around with linen or wool.

After his death Jesus descends to hell, then resurrects on the third day. Plutarch tells us that Osiris, likewise, is said to have descended to hell and then arisen from the dead on the third day.

An ancient Egyptian inscription promises an initiate that he will also be resurrected with his Lord: 'As truly as Osiris lives shall he live,-as truly as Osiris is not dead shall he not die.'

Having resurrected, Jesus ascends to heaven. The Church father Origen refers to Osiris as a young god, who was 'restored to life, and went up to heaven'.253 In the Mysteries of Adonis, initiates annually mourned the death of the godman with the shrill notes of the flute, weeping and beating of breasts, but on the third day he was believed to be resurrected and to ascend up to heaven in the presence of his worshippers.

According to some myths acted out as part of the Mysteries of Dionysus, shortly after his death Dionysus also rose from the grave and ascended to heaven.

In the Mysteries of Mithras initiates enacted a similar resurrection scene.
Having accomplished his mission on Earth, Mithras was said to have ascended to heaven in a sunchariot. Like Jesus, who sits at the right hand of the Father after his ascension, Mithras was believed to have been enthroned by the God of Light as ruler of the world.

Also like Jesus, Mithras was said to be waiting in heaven for the End of Time, when he would return to Earth to awaken the dead and pass judgement.

Echoes of these mythological motifs are, once again, found in the legends of the sages of the Mysteries. Seneca tells us that, like Jesus, the philosopher Canus foretold that he would reappear three days after his death and did indeed return from the grave to one of his friends to 'discourse on the survival of the spirit'.259 Heraclides tells us that after a banquet to celebrate one of Empedocles' miracles, the great sage suddenly ascended to heaven accompanied by glorious celestial lights.

It was said that Pythagoras descended to Hades in search of wisdom,261 and after his death reappeared to his disciples and ascended into heaven.262 The ritual sequence of death, descent into the Underworld and regeneration is known to have been an important analogy of initiation in the Pythagorean Mysteries from the earliest times. Given all these dying, resurrecting and ascending Pagan godmen and sages, it is not surprising to find Celsus indignant at Christian claims that Jesus is unique.

He is amazed at the Christians' literal interpretation of what to him are obviously myths, writing, Is your belief based on the "fact" that this Jesus told in advance that he would rise again after his death? That your story includes his predictions of triumphing over the grave? Well, let it be so. Let's assume for the present that he foretold his resurrection. Are you ignorant of the multitudes who have invented similar tales to lead simple-minded hearers astray? It is said that Zamolix, Pythagoras' servant, convinced the Scythians that he had risen from the dead, having hidden himself away in a cave for several years, and what about Pythagoras himself in Italy -or Phampsinitus in Egypt? Now then, who else: What about Orpheus among the Odrysians, Protesilaus in Thessaly and above all Heracles and Theseus? But quite apart from all these risings from the dead, we must look carefully at the question of the resurrection of the body as a possibility given to mortals. Doubtless you will freely admit that these other stories are legends, even as they appear to me; but you will go on to say that you

Reason why I like you is that if you can believe all the historical thrash you dropped so and esp the part you said anonymous author. My dear brother, why don't you believe authors who are not anonymous then. These people lived with Him,died for him and tell us all He has done. Yet you find it difficult believing but you can believe an anonymous author....what a contradiction

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by cnonyechi(f): 11:17am On Apr 01, 2018
Lordcenturion2:
Because yeoshua is just a human being like every other people, he's trying to attach himself to what jew people believe and trying to change their law and create his own law and religion, jews people know him very well and his cunning and tricky way, but we black people don't know anything about yeoshua (jesus) backgrounds or how he lives his life, we just accept wat his followers wrote down in new testament, it was his followers who attach old testament with their own write up(new testament),that's why u will never see new testament in jew Bible.. Assume that those self acclaimed god (eg guru maharaj,olumba olumba) has lived in the past, and some of their illiterate members has wrote down many miracle lies about him in order to immortalised them, this is how many people will accept their teachings, yeoshua was punished when he was trying to cause confusion among religion men, it was his followers who passed down many lies about him and his miracle. Paul is a rome descendent, who was born in in Israel because Israel was a colony of Rome that time, he was the one who took the writtens to Rome where it was remodify in his own way.

I don't know wat to address in dis ur write up is it just ur reasoning, or ur grammatical errors . pls always read thru and edit before posting. If u want to talk about my Lord Jesus Christ it should be in flawless English.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / My Experience In Church This Morning / Israeli Bill To Outlaw Talk About Jesus Criticized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.