Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ (34190 Views)

Lady Who Started 2017 As A Promiscuous Girl Finds Love In Jesus / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? / I Am A Christian But Dont Believe In Heaven Or Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Pataricatering(f): 11:23am On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:
How can a Nigerian believe the son of a Jewish carpenter killed in a small Israeli village aeons ago was dying for their sins when the Jews themselves don't believe that crhap?

there are even far more Muslims in Israel than there are Christians and that is saying a lot

Religion in Israel (2014)
Judaism (75%)
Islam (17.5%)
other/unknown (4%)
Christianity (2.0%)
Druzism (1.5%)

these guys who's ancestors lived during Jesus time and interacted with him didn't believe he was dying for them but a Nigerian read a book and quickly concluded the Jews are wrong. A slavery endorsing book handed to them by their pink skinned slavemasters

its like saying you know Buhari more than those that are interacting with him because you read punch newspapers

Nigerians need to get sense ASAP
meanwhile they stupidly support Israel over Palestine yet there are more Christian Arabs in Palestine and Jews detest Christians !

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Adasun(m): 11:24am On Apr 01, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You are actually the one who needs to get sense ASAP and not Nigerians. You sit here as an atheist to discuss a Jesus you claim never existed despite not being a historian or a scholar of anything worthy of note.

Let me show you your ignorance.

There is what is called The "James Ossuary"

Archaeologists have uncovered what some theorise might be the “coffin” of Jesus’s brother James.

Uncovered in 2002, the limestone crate dates back to the 1st century and was used for containing the bones of the dead.

Inscribed on the casked is the inscription “James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus”.

For some this is one of the most compelling pieces of archaeological evidence for the existence of Jesus

Also, Roman historian Tacitus is one of the earliest writers to mention Jesus in historical record in his last book Annals.

He makes reference to Jesus, and his crucifixion in one page as he discusses the rise of early Christianity in ancient Rome.

Writing in AD 116, about 100 years after Jesus is said to have existed, he writes about Jesus being executed by Roman governor Ponitus Pilate.

His work is considered important as he is regarded independent, and not claiming Jesus’s existence to push the authenticity of Christianity.

Historians believe his writing is one of the most important confirmations of the existence of the man called Jesus.

Also Jesus is almost mentioned in the ancient Babylonian Talmud, a collection of the writings of Rabbis from as early as 70AD.

It refers to him as “Yeshu” and touches on his execution, but uses the term “hanged” rather than crucified.

It also refers to Jesus “practising sorcery” and “enticing apostasy” with a seemingly negative account of the man known as Christ.

The hostile nature of this source gives it credit as why would someone include an account of Jesus just to discredit him?

Those who believe, do so based on either a revelation or an experience not based on the book but PRACTICALLY LINKED to the bible. An experience that is brought to light by the spirit of God alive in them.

Those who are spiritually dead like you would NEVER receive this experience since you claim God does not exist and also Jesus was fictional.

I remember on another thread where you said you always say God does not exist because you deliberately want people to be hurt by your comments. And I told you that it is because you are hurting deep down as an atheist so you now wish to spread your hurt to those who never asked you for it nor gave it to you.

Your hurt is still eating you up today.
i hope he get sense with this piece
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by MaziOmenuko: 11:41am On Apr 01, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

They’ve waxed stronger indeed! Keep telling yourself that, doesn’t make it true..Christianity is still waxing much stronger than Judaism and will continue to do so till the end of time..calling it a fake version will NOT change this fact..for it was prophesied that “the stone the builders rejected will become the cornerstone “..

Yea, I just wanted to clear your wrong assertion that the Jews are stagnant and isolated; so you don't go about spreading ignorance around. I don't care which spreads faster but t just making sure you don't denigrate one religion so yours will sound cooler. If u were born in Israel or Arab, you would have either been a jew or a Muslim and be swearing that your religion is better than Christianity

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by helpee(m): 11:42am On Apr 01, 2018
Pataricatering:
meanwhile they stupidly support Israel over Palestine yet there are more Christian Arabs in Palestine and Jews detest Christians !
i dont support isreal simply because i am a christian. Muslims are simply violent. They breed terrorrism. They are blood thirsty and the only language they understand is the language isreal speaks...WAR and VIOLENCE

1 Like

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by CuteMadridista: 11:46am On Apr 01, 2018
Adasun:
i hope he get sense with this piece

All he typed was trash that doesn't even address my point at all but created a point to attack

1. 88% of Jews don't believe a Jew died for their sins Y/N?

2. Nigerians conclude a Jew died for their sins after reading a book Y/N?

None of these were addressed

He just quotes me anyhow and hopes I reply him even if he has nothing sensible to say. I skimmed his post and found nothing that addresses my own posts but it was all incoherent ramblings and ad hominem
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by winterfell007(m): 11:53am On Apr 01, 2018
The only reason why Christianity was able to spread throughout the world was because as at then, the Roman Empire was the champion of the world. It was through the conviction of emperor Constantine that the religion gained ground.
If not for the efforts of Constantine and other Popes in Christendom to keep it strengthened, it would have died a natural death like other mythical stories told long before Christ walked the surface of the earth.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Adasun(m): 11:54am On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:

All he typed was trash that doesn't even address my point at all but created a point to attack

He just quotes me anyhow and hopes I reply him even if he has nothing sensible to say. I skimmed his post and found nothing that addresses my own posts but it was all incoherent ramblings and ad hominem
does jew's believe got anything to do with my decision to believe christ?

Dude what he wrote was evidence showing the existence of Jesus.wether u or da jew believe or not does not consine me or my decision

got it

1 Like

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by shugamummy: 12:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
winterfell007:
The only reason why Christianity was able to spread throughout the world was because as at then, the Roman Empire was the champion of the world. It was through the conviction of emperor Constantine that the religion gained ground.
If not for the efforts of Constantine and other Popes in Christendom to keep it strengthened, it would have died a natural death like other mythical stories told long before Christ walked the surface of the earth.

I love the way you said if not " can you confirm the verse that says the kingdom of hell can never prevail over my people"that He gave Peter the key to His church and that the gate of hell can never prevail" m yu dear brother in history it has shown that people killed and tried to destroy the church and it's still standing. So next time....your "if not" is a confirmation that there will always be "if not"
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by CuteMadridista: 12:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
Adasun:

Dude what he wrote was evidence showing the existence of Jesus.wether u or da jew believe or not does not consine me or my decision

got it

Calm down and read my post yet again, I'm aware of strawman so I avoid it. None of what I posted in FTC was challenging the existence of Jesus so I wonder why that became his point but then again strawman comes in handy when one can't really challenge facts

See? that's why I said he's just quoting me for quoting sake

BTW who's personally challenging your decision? I put things out there and if you feel its somehow personal to you or make you feel uncomfortable then you need to check yourself wink

Again, my main points are

2. Nigerians concluded a Jew died for their sins after reading a book

Anyone who's interested in Jesus existence can go to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3206708/reasons-scholars-know-jesus-christ where we have good arguments on why he never existed
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Olabenjamen22(m): 12:06pm On Apr 01, 2018
HamzaAbdullahi8:
wow imagine how brainwashed you are? Jesis is a prophet of Allah but the Jews didnt regard and killed him,the bible is a highly edited book and Christianity is a diluted religion,the real truth of jesus is in the holy koran.

Lol, and your holy Koran refer you to read the edited version. Braindead, am sure you don't even know who write that evil book call quran. What a shame. Braindead.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by owunabastard: 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2018
mvem:
... I hv read and watched a lot of documentaries on history/nat geo and online too....Jesus was not the first or last that claim messiahship and performed miracles...all around the middle east that time, they were many....u can reaearch and look it up online...but his hv made many historians curious because of the way it spread and became so popular....
I love that quote by Gameliar that if jesus is genuine the gospel will spread, then if not it will die a natural death
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Butterflyleo: 12:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:

You lie so brazenly through your teeth. I addressed your post excellently and I ended by saying and I quote

Those who believe, do so based on either a revelation or an experience not based on the book but PRACTICALLY LINKED to the bible. An experience that is brought to light by the spirit of God alive in them.

Those who are spiritually dead like you would NEVER receive this experience since you claim God does not exist and also Jesus was fictional.

Nigerians conclude A MAN declared as the son of God and not a jew died for their sins. The Jews do not believe A MAN sent from God died for their sins. They do not focus on Jesus as a Jew because that was exactly who Jesus was...A Jew and they cannot deny it.

What they wanted was a warrior savior and not a meek savior so they chose not to believe that a Jew like them could come in such a meek manner despite knowing what they as Jews went through at the hand of their oppressors.

I don't quote you so you would reply me. I quote you so as to expose your deliberate dishonesty and deceit especially since you admitted knowingly saying what you say so as to hurt people (Christians) here on nairaland.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Butterflyleo: 12:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
Adasun:

got it

Ignore that deluded troll. He knows what he is doing and saying and is out to deceive as many as he can because he is hurting and wants others to hurt like him
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
The problem I have with some Christians is this,Jews don't believe in Jesus the so called "messiah" but you are imposing it on me an African man. If Jews see it as an insult to tell them that the Jesus in the bible is their Messiah,how much more me

pls guys feel free to be a Christian, but don't tell me that I need a Jewish man to save me

FROM WHAT !!!

you're insulting my dignity and ethnicity
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:48pm On Apr 01, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You lie so brazenly through your teeth. I addressed your post excellently and I ended by saying and I quote

Nigerians conclude A MAN declared as the son of God and not a jew died for their sins. The Jews do not believe A MAN sent from God died for their sins. They do not focus on Jesus as a Jew because that was exactly who Jesus was...A Jew and they cannot deny it.

What they wanted was a warrior savior and not a meek savior so they chose not to believe that a Jew like them could come in such a meek manner despite knowing what they as Jews went through at the hand of their oppressors.

I don't quote you so you would reply me. I quote you so as to expose your deliberate dishonesty and deceit especially since you admitted knowingly saying what you say so as to hurt people (Christians) here on nairaland.

Jewish people had been highly literate for thousands of years before the colonialists taught your fore-fathers to read and brought their Western religion of fables to them. The notion your 20th century belief has more value than those of actual Jews from whom the historical Jesus (if he existed) came from has to strike you as laughable if you really think about it. And your belief is not based on any "revelation" or "experience" as you laughably asserted. Your belief comes from childhood indoctrination. If something is hammered into your head right from when you were a toddler by your parents, family, teachers, peers, pastors etc, the delusion becomes real to you. It's not rocket science. If you were raised in Zamfara state, your indoctrination would have been very different and you'll be blabbering about a different type of "experience and revelation".

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by mideactive: 12:49pm On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:
How can a Nigerian believe the son of a Jewish carpenter killed in a small Israeli village aeons ago was dying for their sins when the Jews themselves don't believe that crhap?

there are even far more Muslims in Israel than there are Christians and that is saying a lot

Judaism (75%)
Islam (17.5%)
other/unknown (4%)
Christianity (2.0%)
Druzism (1.5%)

these guys who's ancestors lived during Jesus time and interacted with him didn't believe he was dying for them but a Nigerian read a book and quickly concluded the Jews are wrong. A slavery endorsing book handed to them by their pink skinned slavemasters

its like saying you know Buhari more than those that are interacting with him because you read punch newspapers

2Corinthians4:4..
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ajepako(f): 12:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
zombieHUNTER:
Jesus is Lord
He has Risen

CC Imhotep evablizin firefire ajepako homeboiy lzaa. ngokafor et all

Happy Easter guys

Madridguy yarimo usba manirik quotasystem

Thanks bros..

One love.....
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Butterflyleo: 1:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Jewish people had been highly literate for thousands of years before the colonialists taught your fore-fathers to read and brought their Western religion of fables to them. The notion your 20th century belief has more value than those of actual Jews from whom the historical Jesus (if he existed) came from has to strike you as laughable if you really think about it. And your belief is not based on any "revelation" or "experience" as you laughably asserted. Your belief comes from childhood indoctrination. If something is hammered into your head right from when you were a toddler by your parents, family, teachers, peers, pastors etc, the delusion becomes real to you. It's not rocket science. If you were raised in Zamfara state, your indoctrination would have been very different and you'll be blabbering about a different type of "experience and revelation".

Saying you are wrong is an understatement. In fact you are in deep error.

You are the one speaking from a place of Indoctrination by alluding that wli was indoctrinated.

Muslims in the north who were not indcotrinated by Christians and were born into Muslim families ate Christians today so why didn't their deep indoctrination retain them as Muslims?

Do you see that your analogy is in deep error?

A lot of them have personal experiences which are stronger than any form of indoctrination you seem to be alleging.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by ollah2: 1:09pm On Apr 01, 2018
helpee:
i dont support isreal simply because i am a christian. Muslims are simply violent. They breed terrorrism. They are blood thirsty and the only language they understand is the language isreal speaks...WAR and VIOLENCE

How are Muslims violent and tend to breed terrorism?
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Adasun(m): 1:11pm On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Calm down and read my post yet again, I'm aware of strawman so I avoid it. None of what I posted in FTC was challenging the existence of Jesus so I wonder why that became his point but then again strawman comes in handy when one can't really challenge facts

See? that's why I said he's just quoting me for quoting sake

BTW who's personally challenging your decision? I put things out there and if you feel its somehow personal to you or make you feel uncomfortable then you need to check yourself wink

Again, my main points are

2. Nigerians concluded a Jew died for their sins after reading a book

Anyone who's interested in Jesus existence can go to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3206708/reasons-scholars-know-jesus-christ where we have good arguments on why he never existed
lols,like i said and will continue saying it,

percentage of jews dat believe in Jesus do not and can not affect my decision.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Acidosis(m): 1:12pm On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Judaism (75%)
Islam (17.5%)
other/unknown (4%)
Christianity (2.0%)
Druzism (1.5%)

The fact that they don't believe or see Jesus as the saviour actually makes me think I'm on the right track. Their disbelief authenticates the predictions in the Bible.

Stop talking about Christianity cos you don't know a thing about the Bible. Let Christians discuss Christian matters, moslems should discuss Islamic matters and Atheist you stick to whatever it is they want to discuss.

For the sake of your sanity, live and let others live
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by AkpaMgbor(m): 1:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Yea, I just wanted to clear your wrong assertion that the Jews are stagnant and isolated; so you don't go about spreading ignorance around. I don't care which spreads faster but t just making sure you don't denigrate one religion so yours will sound cooler. If u were born in Israel or Arab, you would have either been a jew or a Muslim and be swearing that your religion is better than Christianity
There are isrealis who are Christians so your point is? There are Arab Christians so your point is? There are Asian Christians so your point is? It was you who first started to call another religion fake..it was not me but YOU.since when did stating that Christ is known among all the nations of the world (which by the way is a fact) now connote to denigrating Judaism? You’re shifting the goalpost and trying to be clever by half.
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Revolva(m): 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
they wil never believe cos the real jesus was dark and black unlike them..who are white skin
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Saying you are wrong is an understatement. In fact you are in deep error.

You are the one speaking from a place of Indoctrination by alluding that wli was indoctrinated.

Muslims in the north who were not indcotrinated by Christians and were born into Muslim families ate Christians today so why didn't their deep indoctrination retain them as Muslims?

Do you see that your analogy is in deep error?

A lot of them have personal experiences which are stronger than any form of indoctrination you seem to be alleging.

There are Christian minorities in the North (usually from minority tribes) just as there are Muslim minorities in the South. What's your point? The fact is if you were born into an Hausa-Fulani home in Zamfara or Sokoto, there is something like a 99% chance you would have been Muslim today and your so-called "revelation and experience" would be a different type. This is the logical fact. Stop deceiving yourself. Very, very few people in our society are converts. I've heard of Muslims who converted to Christianity but never actually met one which shows its rarity. Funny enough I do know one Igbo man that converted to Islam. Either way is a rarity. Christians have slightly more success in converting Muslims cos Christian evangelize 1000 times more (no Muslim has ever preached to me in my 20-something years on earth).

But in all these, the overwhelming majority inherited Christianity or Islam through childhood indoctrination and spend the rest of their lives reinforcing those beliefs through confirmation bias.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Bamidele539: 1:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
Evince:

As in. I think our fathers saw themselves as inferior and yielded in shame.

Chinua Achebe said in things fall apart " what do you want us to do when our brothers and sisters have turned against us, the white man came quietly and peaceably with his religion and we were amused by his foolishness and allowed him to stay, he has won our brothers and our clan can no longer act like one, he has put knife in the things that held us together and we have fallen apart "
well said bro, in Chinua Achebe's postulations you can clearly see that our so called fore-father accepted the 'religion' simply because they feel the whites have superior powers/knowledge due to the fact that they came from a civilized nation compared to africa... I think we now knw the origin of our problem.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by dederocs(m): 1:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
divicoded:

Continue with what you believe, Heaven and hell are clear choices
Pope just said, hell don't exist
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Aboguede(m): 1:31pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ignorance has nothing to do with privilege.

Bible, Jesus Christ, Jehovah, Prophets, Angels, Holy Spirit etc. Are all classified as spirituality.

If it is not your subject or interest simply overlook better than disgracing the little money ur parents spent

CuteMadridista:

Judaism (75%)
Islam (17.5%)
other/unknown (4%)
Christianity (2.0%)
Druzism (1.5%)

Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by shugamummy: 1:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
darkchild64:
The problem I have with some Christians is this,Jews don't believe in Jesus the so called "messiah" but you are imposing it on me an African man. If Jews see it as an insult to tell them that the Jesus in the bible is their Messiah,how much more me

pls guys feel free to be a Christian, but don't tell me that I need a Jewish man to save me

FROM WHAT !!!

you're insulting my dignity and ethnicity

Bros make sure you use 0.01℅of your brain before you die. Now back to the point, have you ever in history come into contact with a write-up the reason why Jews refused to accept Jesus whom them know " His father and mother and brothers". They expected God to send them someone will will fight and He must arrive in full force. But a meek and humble birth circumstances that brought Jesus triggered revolt in them. That's why those who believe will surely see Him on the last day,but those who are still expecting a firecesome warrior and refused to accept is doomed forever.i can ho on and on till your brain opens to info
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2018
The problem is that Christians don't even know the meaning of the word"Messiah".I am not saying one can not be a Christian if s/he decides,but as far as this topic is concerned,Jews have every right to deny Christianity, the Messiah they were promised was very different from the Jesus in the Gospel and it is good we understand that Jesus (if he did exist) was not the only one who claimed to be the Messiah, several other people before and after him did, it was just luck that made his own version accepted and the Romans who are master of manipulation molded the religion into what they wanted it to be and made Jews the scape goat,and one funny thing is that Christians ridicule Jews about still waiting for the Messiah, albeit they are equally waiting for their Messiah (Jesus) to come back again and destroy the world,either way religion is bondage,it's a good thing I broke away when I did,Christians don't mind me only Christians turned atheists would understand,when you look back you see all those time and efforts you wasted deluding yourself with the White man's myth
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
shugamummy:

Bros make sure you use 0.01℅of your brain before you die. Now back to the point, have you ever in history come into contact with a write-up the reason why Jews refused to accept Jesus whom them know " His father and mother and brothers". They expected God to send them someone will will fight and He must arrive in full force. But a meek and humble birth circumstances that brought Jesus triggered revolt in them. That's why those who believe will surely see Him on the last day,but those who are still expecting a firecesome warrior and refused to accept is doomed forever.i can ho on and on till your brain opens to info

What exactly is your point because I don't even see why you quoted me
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by shugamummy: 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
ollah2:

How are Muslims violent and tend to breed terrorism?

It goes like this " All Muslims are not terrorists whereas all terrorists are Muslims" Are you cleared up now. Read your quran again and declare yourself fatwa and kill and maim for 100,000 virgins for your dead dick for Bleep after you die
Re: Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ by fabre4: 1:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
dionysus7:

Mr fabre4... I'm guessing you're a Christian, if so, you definitely do not know what you're talking about if you claim that its a take it or leave it affair... It's sad enough you dont know what "truth" and what's sadder is that you're comfortable and proud of your ignorance that you'll flaunt it. Educate yourself sir

Jesus is the " way, truth and life" meaning his words are true . His words are inscribed in the bible making the bible the truth. About ignorance the bible is enough education for me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / I Never Told Anyone That I Will Die Soon - Odumeje / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.