Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

How Do We Know There Is A God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do We Know There Is A God? (3532 Views)

Do You Know There Is No Single Evidence For Creation? / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / How To Marry A God-fearing Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by sKeetz(m): 2:56am On Apr 05, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
[s]

Let's see how science proves there has to be a God as said in Genesis 1:1.

Scientific Evidence That Demands A Creator God.

There are only three possibilities from where the universe can come from.  By way of the elimination we will arrive at our destination. 

1). The universe created itself;
2). The universe has always existed, and
3). The universe was created.

1. The universe created itself:  

Can something create itself?  Can nothing create something?  The answer to these is an absolute No.  We all know that something cannot create itself and nothing can't create something.  From Latin we have the phrase "ex nihilo, nihil fit" meaning "from nothing, nothing comes."  It also violates the law of cause and effect, that says for every effect there must be a cause.  The effect can't be greater than the cause and nothing cannot be greater than something.  Therefore, based on the laws of science and logic, the universe couldn't have created itself.  That leaves us with options 2 and 3.

2. The univese has always existed:  

Lets go to the 2nd law of thermodynamics that basically teaches that "the whole universe is losing usable energy for doing usable work."  This means that the usable energy in this universe is wearing down.  The universe as a whole is losing energy.  In other words, molecules as a whole are slowing down.

Therefore, if this universe was eternal we will be in what is called an "virtual heat death."  This means that there will be virtually no molecular movement.  Everything would have lost its available heat energy for doing work.  Therefore, the universe cannot be eternal, it must have had a beginning.  The theory that the universe has always existed or is eternal has to be false based on the law of science and logic, another speculation gone with the air.  This leaves us with only one possibility based on science.  Which is that:

3. The universe was created:  

"In the Beginning God created the heaven and the earth." -- Genesis 1:1

Science confirms the Bible.  QED Simples. wink[/s]

TRASH!
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by sKeetz(m): 2:58am On Apr 05, 2018
TOSIN116:
bible supports rape? never heard of it

well you will never know somethings till you die!

I want to believe that you are honestly seeking for the truth.

here's a link, read through it.

www.evilbible.com/evil-bible-home-page/rape-in-the-bible/
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by lightinchrist4: 11:11am On Apr 05, 2018
Give your life to Christ, ask one thing from God in the name of Jesus with a date you want it, with faith and you will get it.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by hadow(m): 10:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
sKeetz:

The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

Okay this verse states that they aren't disallowed from buying bondsmen/maids, and they are an inheritance and that Fellow Israelites shouldn't be taken as maids...

Well I have a question if you are incapable of performing some jobs by yourself wouldn't you hire help, it's just like the employer-employee relationship we have today.
And considering that the Israelites were farmers and herdsmen wouldn't they need help. And need I remind you that the Israelites where taken captive and subjected to such treatment.

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.’ If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

This here portrays choice.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

This verse is for slaves as you said but have you thought that it might mean domestic help? as the KJV puts it as servant, which is a domestic staff hired for cooking and cleaning (Merriam Webster)

You seem to have forgotten the story if Philemon and onesimous, if you haven't read it please endeavour to.

This bible verses are just for slavery alone. There are more sickening verses which support other heinous crimes against humanity.

Please I'd like to have more.

Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by marttol: 11:24pm On Apr 05, 2018
Someone who is really doubting God should whatsapp me on my number, I will give you the name of a church... Go there and say you wanna see the Bishop... I bet you will never doubt God again in your life... The man can tell you all about your great great grandma, your grandma even your grandma 's date of birth, any hidden thing in your life... Then you will realize an invincible eye is watching you everyday.

Guys stop claiming too enlighten, God is alive... He just kept silence when everyone is doing evil, if any of you has ever encountered a demon before you will know that humans are defenseless, you are absolutely NOTHING (I REPEAT NOTHING) cos those things can make your life miserable...no human without Christ can stand the smallest of demon...so humans the better you start seeing yourself as nothing, the better for you... But we are special in the face of God.

JESUS IS LORD

1 Like

Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by sKeetz(m): 11:36pm On Apr 05, 2018
[quote author=hadow post=66466983][/quote]

OMG !! shocked shocked shocked

You are seriously equating slavery to employer/employee relationship. What wont I hear from you apologist. angry

So what about the verse that says they can beat their slaves ? And if the slaves die after two days, they are absolved from any wrong doing. Has you employer ever beaten you up cause you failed to do a Task.

i honestly hope you are a joking.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by hadow(m): 11:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
sKeetz:

OMG !! shocked shocked shocked

You are seriously equating slavery to employer/employee relationship. What wont I hear from you apologist. angry

So what about the verse it says that they can beat their slaves ? And if the slaves die after two days, they are absolved from any wrong doing. Has you employer ever beaten you up cause you failed to do a tax.

i honestly hope you are a joking.

please give me the verse
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by sKeetz(m): 12:11am On Apr 06, 2018
hadow:

please give me the verse

Clearly you don't even know anything about your own bible, same book you are defending blindly.

I'm done with this conversation. Have a goodnight.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:22am On Apr 06, 2018
DeadRat:

hahahaha... some people don mad sha

It's now your turn to prove that there is God. cool
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On Apr 06, 2018
obisco4u:

His design of the world is flawed thats why sin was able to come in. If it was perfect then sin would not have entered.

Will you blame a parent for the crime of his adult child? The moment you become an adult you are responsible for whatever crime you commit. You cannot blame it on the parents. God created a perfect world and left Adam and Eve who were created as matured free moral agents with responsibilities. They made a choice and humanity is paying for it. Thank God for the last Adam who laid down His life to pay for our sins so that we can take back the glory that was lost.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:47am On Apr 06, 2018
sKeetz:

TRASH!

The fact that you could not rebut the evidence given only cements the fact that most atheists are not really sincere in seeking for the truth.

Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 06, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

It's now your turn to prove that there is God. cool
You Are A Clown, you Proved Nothing...

Believing In God Causes No Hurt. I'd rather Believe In God And Die To Find Out There is None Than Not Believe in God And Die To Find Out There Is God...

Peace Out Nigga
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by hadow(m): 12:53pm On Apr 06, 2018
sKeetz:

Clearly you don't even know anything about your own bible, same book you are defending blindly.

I'm done with this conversation. Have a goodnight.

I asked for the verse cos I know y'all are fond of quoting the bible out of context but if you feel so, good day!
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by orisa37: 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2018
Many are called but few are chosen and to the few, God makes them feel and see Him.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28am On Apr 08, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

How can I achieve this? Or is it that am not doing it rightly because the last time I tried it, I realized i was having relationship with myself and not any god.

God good? Old testament god or the new testament god?

You mean the same old testament where he killed and afflicted the Egyptians? The same old testament where in hardened the heart of Pharoah and still punished him for something he (ie Pharaoh) wasn't in control of?

You mean the old testament where God roasted babies?

Are these the relationships and good deeds of a god you speak of?

Ohh. You mean the new testament god where God masterminded everything by using Judas to betray jesus so as to fulfil his prophecy?

À god of the new testament that says "you either serve him or perish in hell?"

With the above lists, im inclined to believe your god ain't evil.

Do you believe those events in the Bible really occurred? undecided
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 12:33am On Apr 08, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Do you believe those events in the Bible really occurred? undecided
You are free to tell me if they actually do, with convincing evidence(s)
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:39am On Apr 08, 2018
sKeetz:

I want to believe that you are honestly seeking for the truth.

here's a link, read through it.

www.evilbible.com/evil-bible-home-page/rape-in-the-bible/

Your link says "evil bible" and you read "evil bible" at your own peril. Click on the link below if are a diligent seeker of the truth. cool

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-questions/doesnt-the-bible-support-slavery/
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41am On Apr 08, 2018
sKeetz:

The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.’ If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

This bible verses are just for slavery alone. There are more sickening verses which support other heinous crimes against humanity.

Don't be deceived. Get the truth for the link below:

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-questions/doesnt-the-bible-support-slavery/
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42am On Apr 08, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

You are free to tell me if they actually do, with convincing evidence(s)

You have not answered my question. cool
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45am On Apr 08, 2018
DeadRat:

You Are A Clown, you Proved Nothing...

Believing In God Causes No Hurt. I'd rather Believe In God And Die To Find Out There is None Than Not Believe in God And Die To Find Out There Is God...

Peace Out Nigga

I thank God that you believe in God but can you prove it scientifically?
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 12:46am On Apr 08, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

You have not answered my question. cool
You're telling or not?
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52am On Apr 08, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

You're telling or not?

I will tell you what I know when you answer my question. Do you really believe those bible stories really occurred? undecided
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 12:53am On Apr 08, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

I will tell you what I know when you answer my question. Do you really believe those bible stories really occurred? undecided
I don't know
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20am On Apr 08, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

I don't know

Why are you then accusing God of things you don't know about? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08am On Apr 09, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

I don't know

Here is the convincing evidence you asked for that I had posted earlier.

OLAADEGBU:

There are only three possibilities from where the universe can come from.  By way of the elimination we will arrive at our destination. 

Can something create itself?  Can nothing create something?  The answer to these is an absolute No.  We all know that something cannot create itself and nothing can't create something.  From Latin we have the phrase "ex nihilo, nihil fit" meaning "from nothing, nothing comes."  It also violates the law of cause and effect, that says for every effect there must be a cause.  The effect can't be greater than the cause and nothing cannot be greater than something.  Therefore, based on the laws of science and logic, the universe couldn't have created itself.  That leaves us with options 2 and 3.

Lets go to the 2nd law of thermodynamics that basically teaches that "the whole universe is losing usable energy for doing usable work."  This means that the usable energy in this universe is wearing down.  The universe as a whole is losing energy.  In other words, molecules as a whole are slowing down.

Therefore, if this universe was eternal we will be in what is called an "virtual heat death."  This means that there will be virtually no molecular movement.  Everything would have lost its available heat energy for doing work.  Therefore, the universe cannot be eternal, it must have had a beginning.  The theory that the universe has always existed or is eternal has to be false based on the law of science and logic, another speculation gone with the air.  This leaves us with only one possibility based on science.  Which is that:

Science confirms the Bible.  QED Simples. wink
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by princy80(m): 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2018
what is the meaning of 'GOD'?
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Emusan(m): 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
princy80:
what is the meaning of 'GOD'?
G - Go O - On D - Deep
Any question?
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51am On Apr 18, 2018
aaronson:

God can not exist because he is an ominibenevolent figure and we mortals are fallible.

Now here is the logical proof.

Say I have a pound of salt and I tell you to find sugar, where will the sugar come from?

www.livingwaters.com
"How do I know God exists?"

There are at least two pieces of evidence. One is creation. It is scientifically impossible for Nature to create itself.

The second is your conscience. God has given you moral knowledge of right and wrong. It is shaped by society but given to you by your Creator, so you are without excuse for your crimes against His Law.

http://store.livingwaters.com/books/jaws-without-teeth.html

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 18 April 2017 ·

Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Science confirms the Bible.  QED Simples. wink

what makes you think something can't come from nothing?
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
TOSIN116:
GOD IS PERFECT. EVIL = IMPEFECTION

1. what makes you think evil is imperfection?
in concepts like ying-yang good and evil just balance each other. they are both necessary.
you can't have one without the other.

2. what makes you think god has to be perfect/all good?

goodness isn't a requirement for supremacy.

supreme power is all that is necessary for supremacy.

a king doesn't have to be good/prefect to be a king.

the supreme being could be a tyrant/brutal dictator.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 4:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
Emusan:

G - Go O - On D - Deep
Any question?

1. first, that sounds bad in a 'bad' way.
2. does it work on 'God' in other languages.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? / "frosbel" Admits That The Bible Is Made Of "stone-age" Laws / Ave Satanas (hail Lord Lucifer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.