Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

How Do We Know There Is A God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do We Know There Is A God? (3531 Views)

Do You Know There Is No Single Evidence For Creation? / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / How To Marry A God-fearing Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Will you blame a parent for the crime of his adult child? The moment you become an adult you are responsible for whatever crime you commit. You cannot blame it on the parents. God created a perfect world and left Adam and Eve who were created as matured free moral agents with responsibilities. They made a choice and humanity is paying for it. Thank God for the last Adam who laid down His life to pay for our sins so that we can take back the glory that was lost.

1. you are equating humans with god.

they aren't on the same level.

one is just human, the other possesses omnipotence and has knowledge of all things past present and future.

if I knew beforehand that a child I will give birth to would become a mass murderer... I would rather remain childless.

if I come over to your place with a wild dog I hundred percent knew was going to attack you at first sight, and the dog attacked.
if you knew that I knew that the would attack, won't you blame me?

why would god create us in the first place when he knew he would keep regretting it and keep destroying us again and again some on a large scale? why would he create what he knew would end in eternal torment caused by himself when that thing was inexistent in the first place?
he is like a father who gave birth to a child knowing fully well that the child will suffer throughout his life. why did he bring that child from inexistence if he knew?

why would he create the devil when he knew the devil would do everything he did? he could have left the devil in the state of inexistence.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2018
hadow:

Whatever the religion/Faith God doesn't change None of these change him, and all other religions usually (most) of them point to a supreme creator but only Christianity offers a way to know him (personally)

how do you know Christianity isn't a deception?

what if we are not supposed to know him personally but just submit to him like a slave to his Lord?

what if Christianity was brought to deceive people to think they are more than slaves.
so they would go above their level and get into trouble?

what if Christianity was like a deceiver that told a slave that he was a prince, and the slave believed him. then the slave thinking he was a prince went to sit at the same table with his master. then the master angrily deals with the slave for overstepping his boundaries?
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by hadow(m): 5:00pm On Apr 18, 2018
Gggg102:

how do you know Christianity isn't a deception?

SInce the old covenant God has always wanted to relate with his people which is evident all through the scriptures. and he isn't just an abstract being who is unperturbed about the welfare of his beings.

what if we are not supposed to know him personally but just submit to him like a slave to his Lord?

For God to come in human form and through love, died for his people it portrays live and the fact that our father cares about us.

what if Christianity was brought to deceive people to think they are more than slaves.
so they would go above their level and get into trouble?

Christians submit to the will of the father whilst following the steps if the son, and we don't/shouldn't abuse the privilege given to us( grace)

what if Christianity was like a deceiver that told a slave that he was a prince, and the slave believed him. then the slave thinking he was a prince went to sit at the same table with his master. then the master angrily deals with the slave for overstepping his boundaries?

How do Christians overstep their bounds
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by hadow(m): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2018
Gggg102:

one is just human, the other possesses omnipotence and has knowledge of all things past present and future.

if I knew beforehand that a child I will give birth to would become a mass murderer... I would rather remain childless.

if I come over to your place with a wild dog I hundred percent knew was going to attack you at first sight, and the dog attacked.

why would god create us in the first place when he knew he would keep regretting it and keep destroying us again and again some on a large scale? why would he create what he knew would end in eternal torment caused by himself when that thing was inexistent in the first place?
he is like a father who gave birth to a child knowing fully well that the child will suffer throughout his life. why did he bring that child from inexistence if he knew?

why would he create the devil when he knew the devil would do everything he did? he could have left the devil in the state of inexistence.

God is omniscient and omnipotent which means he can do all, so it won't be implausible that he chooses not to look into the future do as to preserve the choice that he offered to his beings
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2018
hadow:

How do Christians overstep their bounds

now you are assuming the Bible is true?
how are you sure that the Bible is true?

the Bible is in the hot seat here.

what if the whole of the Bible is a deception?
what if the old testament was put there to deceive people that god wanted to have a relationship with man?

the Bible is what is in dispute here.

what if the whole Bible is a forgery?

what if the whole act of god coming in human form was a deception to make you think god wants to have a relationship?

what if the actual god just sees us like toys for his amusement?

what if the actual god wanted us as slaves only and did not want any personal relationship like Christianity claims?

if the actual god just sees humans and slaves/objects, Christians could be crossing their boundaries by thinking they can have a personal relationship with him. they would be crossing their boundaries by putting themselves at a close level with him.
they would be crossing their boundaries by thinking they are more than slaves.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2018
hadow:

God is omniscient and omnipotent which means he can do all, so it won't be implausible that he chooses not to look into the future do as to preserve the choice that he offered to his beings

but he looks into the future.

the Bible itself shows this.

that's how he gives prophecy to his prophets.

it is a given in the Bible that he looks into the future.

he already knows the future. he himself says this over and over again in the Bible.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by sKeetz(m): 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2018
hadow:

OMG!! shocked shocked

You apologists can say anything to defend your imaginary sky daddy. grin grin
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by hadow(m): 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2018
Gggg102:

but he looks into the future.

the Bible itself shows this.

that's how he gives prophecy to his prophets.

it is a given in the Bible that he looks into the future.

he already knows the future. he himself says this over and over again in the Bible.

Only in cases where there is impending doom, or a prophecy of good news that will restore hope to his people, and also most times they are usually declarations from persons of God which have to come to pass because they have been given authority
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by hadow(m): 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2018
Gggg102:

now you are assuming the Bible is true?
how are you sure that the Bible is true?

the Bible is in the hot seat here.

what if the whole of the Bible is a deception?
what if the old testament was put there to deceive people that god wanted to have a relationship with man?

the Bible is what is in dispute here.

what if the whole Bible is a forgery?

what if the whole act of god coming in human form was a deception to make you think god wants to have a relationship?

what if the actual god just sees us like toys for his amusement?

what if the actual god wanted us as slaves only and did not want any personal relationship like Christianity claims?

if the actual god just sees humans and slaves/objects, Christians could be crossing their boundaries by thinking they can have a personal relationship with him. they would be crossing their boundaries by putting themselves at a close level with him.
they would be crossing their boundaries by thinking they are more than slaves.

All claims here are bringing the physical POV into view, but what happens when you die. several people have received revelations from these God which have been seen in his relationship with several prophets both those who abused the authority given them. Since you have a vendetta against the bible I will bring u something else, if you look at various mythologies around the world(I.e those that recognise the existence of a supreme creator and not the Norse and Greek mythology) you'd discover a supreme creator who regularly sends his people help from time to time I.e until the Christ is preached to them. so how is this God uncaring.

The bible says that he who want to know/please God must believe that He is and that He Is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him-- Hebrews 11:6
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53pm On Apr 20, 2018
Gggg102:

You need to understand what it means to be created a free moral agent with its attendant responsibilities. The truth that God is All-knowing doesn't mean that He will tamper with your freedom to choose. We are to bear the consequences of our choices. Your decision determines our destiny. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

You need to understand what it means to be created a free moral agent with its attendant responsibilities. The truth that God is All-knowing doesn't mean that He will tamper with your freedom to choose. We are to bear the consequences of our choices. Your decision determines our destiny. smiley

if he did not create us in the first place, there would be no choice talkless of consequences.

there would be no tampering because we wouldn't be in existence.

if he knew his creating us would lead to us choosing evil, he shouldn't have created us.
he should have left us in oblivion. we wouldn't exist to make choices.

not creating us isn't tampering with our freedom to choose because we wouldn't exist.

does someone that doesn't exist have a choice?

he knew Satan would choose evil, yet he went ahead and created him.
if he never created Satan, there would be no Satan to choose to do evil and there would be no tampering of freedom of choice.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2018
Gggg102:

if he did not create us in the first place, there would be no choice talkless of consequences.

there would be no tampering because we wouldn't be in existence.

if he knew his creating us would lead to us choosing evil, he shouldn't have created us.
he should have left us in oblivion. we wouldn't exist to make choices.

not creating us isn't tampering with our freedom to choose because we wouldn't exist.

does someone that doesn't exist have a choice?

he knew Satan would choose evil, yet he went ahead and created him.
if he never created Satan, there would be no Satan to choose to do evil and there would be no tampering of freedom of choice.

Would you deny scientists from embarking on scientific inventions because some of their inventions may go wrong? God who is Sovereign deserves the right to choose to have a bigger family and He did that through the sending of His only begotten Son who became the Son of Man so as to make man become the sons of God. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Would you deny scientists from embarking on scientific inventions because some of their inventions may go wrong? God who is Sovereign deserves the right to choose to have a bigger family and He did that through the sending of His only begotten Son who became the Son of Man so as to make man become the sons of God. smiley

inventions MAY go wrong.
scientists don't know the future.

God knew it WILL go wrong.
God knows the future.

if you know an invention would go wrong, why do it?

why was man there in the first place?
he already knew creating man would lead to eternal torment for majority who were originally inexisting. if he had left man in inexistence, the fall and everything that came with it would not have happened in the first place.

if I knew for sure that my child I haven't given birth to would become a mass murderer, I would rather remain childless than bring the child into existence.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by TOSIN116: 7:06am On Apr 21, 2018
Gggg102:

1. what makes you think evil is imperfection?
in concepts like ying-yang good and evil just balance each other. they are both necessary.
you can't have one without the other.

2. what makes you think god has to be perfect/all good?

goodness isn't a requirement for supremacy.

supreme power is all that is necessary for supremacy.

a king doesn't have to be good/prefect to be a king.

the supreme being could be a tyrant/brutal dictator.
just to make things clear God is perfect and pefection is God. that means what ever he does whether it seems good or bad is still perfect
and an all-knowing God commit mistakes or make errors
because he knows the results of all actions before the where made
THANK YOU smiley
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 7:31am On Apr 21, 2018
TOSIN116:

just to make things clear God is perfect and pefection is God. that means what ever he does whether it seems good or bad is still perfect
and an all-knowing God commit mistakes or make errors
because he knows the results of all actions before the where made
THANK YOU smiley

How do you know god is perfect?

What is perfection?

Since what looks good or bad to us can be perfection, how do you know what perfection is?
And how do you know what imperfection is?

If he knew the result of his actions before they happened, why does he carry out the actions that cause bad results?
If he knew Lucifer would rebel before Lucifer existed, why did he bring Lucifer into existence?
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by TOSIN116: 1:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
Gggg102:

How do you know god is perfect?

What is perfection?

Since what looks good or bad to us can be perfection, how do you know what perfection is?
And how do you know what imperfection is?

If he knew the result of his actions before they happened, why does he carry out the actions that cause bad results?
If he knew Lucifer would rebel before Lucifer existed, why did he bring Lucifer into existence?
lucifer was created with freewill it was his will to rebel
just like how God allow us to do whatever we want good or bad.
if a child is caught stealing, will the child blame the mother for giving birth to him?
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2018
TOSIN116:

lucifer was created with freewill it was his will to rebel
just like how God allow us to do whatever we want good or bad.
if a child is caught stealing, will the child blame the mother for giving birth to him?

why did he create Lucifer?
he knew Lucifer would cause evil before Lucifer was created.
Lucifer did not have freewill before he was created, not creating Lucifer is not tampering of freewill because Lucifer wouldn't exist to have freewill in the first place.

the mother does not know that the child would steal. she is not omniscient.

if you receive an 100% accurate revelation that a child you haven't conceived would cause death and suffering of millions, would you still want to give birth to that child?

you still haven't answered how you know god is perfect and how you know what perfection and imperfection is.
since what looks good to us can be imperfect and what looks bad to us can be perfect.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by TOSIN116: 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2018
Gggg102:

why did he create Lucifer?
he knew Lucifer would cause evil before Lucifer was created.
Lucifer did not have freewill before he was created, not creating Lucifer is not tampering of freewill because Lucifer wouldn't exist to have freewill in the first place.

the mother does not know that the child would steal. she is not omniscient.

if you receive an 100% accurate revelation that a child you haven't conceived would cause death and suffering of millions, would you still want to give birth to that child?

you still haven't answered how you know god is perfect and how you know what perfection and imperfection is.
since what looks good to us can be imperfect and what looks bad to us can be perfect.
as i use to say we cannot understand God fully till we die
meanwhile i coming back to answer you cool
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2018
TOSIN116:

as i use to say we cannot understand God fully till we die
How come did you understand much of god like this despite the fact that you ain't dead yet.

meanwhile i coming back to answer you cool
More like he needs the holy spirit to understand god abi
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by TOSIN116: 10:24pm On Apr 21, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

How come did you understand much of god like this despite the fact that you ain't dead yet.

More like he needs the holy spirit to understand god abi
because he reveals himself to us
be why am talking to someone whoose name is '1stSonOfLucifer'
if you are his son then ask you father to gist you about God And Chirstianity
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07am On Apr 22, 2018
Gggg102:

inventions MAY go wrong.
scientists don't know the future.

Scientists don't know the future but they can still make educated assumptions.

Gggg102:

God knew it WILL go wrong.
God knows the future.

God knows but He will not control the choices man makes. We have been given the freedom to choose and that is why we are pleading with you to choose life, why do you want to die and spend eternity without your Creator?

Gggg102:

if you know an invention would go wrong, why do it?

That question should go to the scientists and inventors of this world. cool

Gggg102:

why was man there in the first place?
he already knew creating man would lead to eternal torment for majority who were originally inexisting. if he had left man in inexistence, the fall and everything that came with it would not have happened in the first place.

Man has the freedom to choose to spend eternity with God. If He had created us as robots who have no minds of their own then will your accusation against God will stand but we have been created in God's image, we have the ability to choose where we want to spend eternity, either with God in heaven or in the lake of fire with the devil.

Gggg102:

if I knew for sure that my child I haven't given birth to would become a mass murderer, I would rather remain childless than bring the child into existence.

I think you will be better off inventing robots which will serve as your family, as it would not have a chance to fail and learn from its failure. No? undecided
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 5:42am On Apr 22, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Scientists don't know the future but they can still make educated assumptions.

God knows but He will not control the choices man makes. We have been given the freedom to choose and that is why we are pleading with you to choose life, why do you want to die and spend eternity without your Creator?

That question should go to the scientists and inventors of this world. cool

Man has the freedom to choose to spend eternity with God. If He had created us as robots who have no minds of their own then will your accusation against God will stand but we have been created in God's image, we have the ability to choose where we want to spend eternity, either with God in heaven or in the lake of fire with the devil.

I think you will be better off inventing robots which will serve as your family, as it would not have a chance to fail and learn from its failure. No? undecided

if you are a scientist and you knew your invention would cause evil, would you invent it?

did you have freedom of choice before you existed?

god knew his creation would cause evil BEFORE they were created. he could have decided not to create them. that would not be tampering with freewill because they would not exist in the first place to have freedom of choice!

god could control the choice to make lucifer/man. he won't be tampering with freewill because Lucifer/man never had a choice to be created. Lucifer /man did not choose to be created. he did not ask to be created. god choose to create Lucifer/man.
if he knew choosing to create Lucifer /man could cause evil and eternal torment , why did he create man?

why did he create Lucifer or man when he knew it would lead to evil and eternal suffering?

god could have created everyone has robots then everyone would do his will as he wanted and he would have no reason to punish majority for exercising freewill.

b. if he created man with freewill, why does he punish man for making a choice?

I would be better off creating robots if I knew me creating Lucifer /people with freewill would mean eternal punishment for majority of them. I would be better off creating robots than people with freewill if i knew I would destroy them multiple times.

afterall he created people with freewill so they would choose to be robots willingly while those who do not choose to become robots are burnt in hell eternally.
why not create robots in the first place to avoid punishing those who were not existing and never asked to exist in the first place?

b. people with freewill don't learn from their mistakes, they are punished eternally.

2. if you knew a child you haven't conceived would be evil and cause death and suffering of millions of people, would you still give birth to that child?
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:03pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:

if you are a scientist and you knew your invention would cause evil, would you invent it?

You should ask the scientists who invented electricity, Nuclear energy, military ammunition, automobiles, aeroplanes whether they knew their inventions have the potential to cause evil and why they went ahead to invent them.

Gggg102:

did you have freedom of choice before you existed?

Freedom of choice is the privilege of the living not the dead.

Gggg102:

god knew his creation would cause evil BEFORE they were created. he could have decided not to create them. that would not be tampering with freewill because they would not exist in the first place to have freedom of choice!

God exercised His freedom to choose to create or not. He has also given us who He has created this same freedom as Adam was created in His image.

Gggg102:

god could control the choice to make lucifer/man. he won't be tampering with freewill because Lucifer/man never had a choice to be created. Lucifer /man did not choose to be created. he did not ask to be created. god choose to create Lucifer/man.
if he knew choosing to create Lucifer /man could cause evil and eternal torment , why did he create man?

Hell was created for Lucifer and his angels who chose to rebel against their Creator. Man also has the freedom to choose heaven or hell.

Gggg102:

why did he create Lucifer or man when he knew it would lead to evil and eternal suffering?

Remember that there is freedom of choice. Why do you want to choose eternal suffering over heavenly bliss?

Gggg102:

god could have created everyone has robots then everyone would do his will as he wanted and he would have no reason to punish majority for exercising freewill.

Would you prefer your wife or children to be robots with no minds of their own?

Gggg102:

b. if he created man with freewill, why does he punish man for making a choice?

Freewill also has responsibilities and consequences. When you exercise your freewill to live without your Creator then you must live with the consequence of that choice.

Gggg102:

I would be better off creating robots if I knew me creating Lucifer /people with freewill would mean eternal punishment for majority of them. I would be better off creating robots than people with freewill if i knew I would destroy them multiple times.

That is you but God wanted to multiply His family. That is why the Son of God became the Son of Man so as to make man become the sons of God. "For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son and whosoever believes on Him will not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16).

Gggg102:

afterall he created people with freewill so they would choose to be robots willingly while those who do not choose to become robots are burnt in hell eternally.

Just as you would want your wife and children to love you, God wants a family who love Him and chooses to dwell with Him for all eternity, robots cannot do that.

Gggg102:

why not create robots in the first place to avoid punishing those who were not existing and never asked to exist in the first place?

Those who chose not to be a member of God's family cannot live with Him eternally. God is a perfect gentleman who respects our wishes and allows us to live with the consequences of our choices but He will present the options before you and allow you to choose: Eternal life or death.

Gggg102:

b. people with freewill don't learn from their mistakes, they are punished eternally.

We learn when we have a change of mind towards God and believe in the gospel but after death there is no more choice but judgment (Hebrews 9:27).

Gggg102:

2. if you knew a child you haven't conceived would be evil and cause death and suffering of millions of people, would you still give birth to that child?

I know that my children have the potential to be evil and cause death and suffering of millions of people but that does not prevent me from training them in the way they should go. When they become adults they will then have to be responsible for the choices they make, they cannot blame me for bad choices they will have to pay the consequence.

1 Share

Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 6:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

You should ask the scientists who invented electricity, Nuclear energy, military ammunition, automobiles, aeroplanes whether they knew their inventions have the potential to cause evil and why they went ahead to invent them.

Freedom of choice is the privilege of the living not the dead.

God exercised His freedom to choose to create or not. He has also given us who He has created this same freedom as Adam was created in His image.

Hell was created for Lucifer and his angels who chose to rebel against their Creator. Man also has the freedom to choose heaven or hell.

Remember that there is freedom of choice. Why do you want to choose eternal suffering over heavenly bliss?

Would you prefer your wife or children to be robots with no minds of their own?

Freewill also has responsibilities and consequences. When you exercise your freewill to live without your Creator then you must live with the consequence of that choice.

That is you but God wanted to multiply His family. That is why the Son of God became the Son of Man so as to make man become the sons of God. "For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son and whosoever believes on Him will not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16).

Just as you would want your wife and children to love you, God wants a family who love Him and chooses to dwell with Him for all eternity, robots cannot do that.

Those who chose not to be a member of God's family cannot live with Him eternally. God is a perfect gentleman who respects our wishes and allows us to live with the consequences of our choices but He will present the options before you and allow you to choose: Eternal life or death.

We learn when we have a change of mind towards God and believe in the gospel but after death there is no more choice but judgment (Hebrews 9:27).

I know that my children have the potential to be evil and cause death and suffering of millions of people but that does not prevent me from training them in the way they should go. When they become adults they will then have to be responsible for the choices they make, they cannot blame me for bad choices they will have to pay the consequence.

your children have potential for evil, that doesn't mean they would necessarily be evil.

god knew 100% that Lucifer would be evil before Lucifer was created.

if you knew 100% that your child will become evil no matter what you do, would you choose to conceive such a child?

if you 100% knew that your child would become Osama Bin Laden, if you knew that was what his existence is, would you conceive him?

those inventions have potential for evil. they could be good also.

Lucifer was sure to be 100% evil. God knew this.
why did god create Lucifer when he knew that Lucifer would rebel and cause him to create hell?

if god had not created Lucifer, there would have been no rebellion, no temptation in Eden, no fall, no hell, no death, no evil.

god could have prevented the fall of Man by not creating Lucifer.

why is the choice between eternal bliss and eternal suffering?
is that a choice?

what kind of choice is 'I want you to choose option a, option b is the punishment for not choosing option a'?

how is one of the choice a punishment for not choosing the other choice?

if I knew creating them with freewill will lead me to punishing them eternally for exercising their freewill by not choosing what I wanted them to choose, I would rather create robots.

why is option b punishment for not choosing option a? the choices should be distinct.
if the choice was choose heaven and eternal happiness and choose hell and eternal suffering, there is a valid choice to be made.

but the choice is choose heaven and eternal life, if you don't I will punish you eternally.

there is only one choice and the punishment for not making that choice here.

if he did not want us to perish, he wouldn't have created Lucifer. he knew Lucifer would cause perish. not creating Lucifer would avert all evil he brought.

but he gives them freewill not to love him and punishes them for exercising that freewill.
what is the point of freewill if you are only allowed to choose one, where the other choice is punishment for not choosing the first choice?

he doesn't respect wishes. he punishes people who don't choose to love him.

on judgement when he punishes people for exercising freewill.

hell was never a choice, it was punishment for not choosing to love god.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:

your children have potential for evil, that doesn't mean they would necessarily be evil.

god knew 100% that Lucifer would be evil before Lucifer was created.

if you knew 100% that your child will become evil no matter what you do, would you choose to conceive such a child?

if you 100% knew that your child would become Osama Bin Laden, if you knew that was what his existence is, would you conceive him?

those inventions have potential for evil. they could be good also.

All have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). All of us born into this earth are born in sin inherited and committed by choice. So all of us including you are evil in the sight of God but the moment you reach the age of accountability you will be held responsible for the choices you make.

Gggg102:

Lucifer was sure to be 100% evil. God knew this.
why did god create Lucifer when he knew that Lucifer would rebel and cause him to create hell?

if god had not created Lucifer, there would have been no rebellion, no temptation in Eden, no fall, no hell, no death, no evil.

god could have prevented the fall of Man by not creating Lucifer.

You cannot say that the scientists should not have invented what they did knowing that it could also cause suffering and death.

Gggg102:

why is the choice between eternal bliss and eternal suffering?
is that a choice?

what kind of choice is 'I want you to choose option a, option b is the punishment for not choosing option a'?

how is one of the choice a punishment for not choosing the other choice?

if I knew creating them with freewill will lead me to punishing them eternally for exercising their freewill by not choosing what I wanted them to choose, I would rather create robots.

If you warn your child that putting his hand in fire will burn him and if he chooses to try it should we accuse you of allowing him to burn his hand?

Gggg102:

why is option b punishment for not choosing option a? the choices should be distinct.
if the choice was choose heaven and eternal happiness and choose hell and eternal suffering, there is a valid choice to be made.

but the choice is choose heaven and eternal life, if you don't I will punish you eternally.

there is only one choice and the punishment for not making that choice here.

if he did not want us to perish, he wouldn't have created Lucifer. he knew Lucifer would cause perish. not creating Lucifer would avert all evil he brought.

God does not punish you for your choices you are only bearing the consequences of the choice you make. Will God be just if He grants you to live with Him eternally if you can't stand the sight of Him. God is a perfect gentleman who will not force you against your wishes.

Gggg102:

but he gives them freewill not to love him and punishes them for exercising that freewill.
what is the point of freewill if you are only allowed to choose one, where the other choice is punishment for not choosing the first choice?

he doesn't respect wishes. he punishes people who don't choose to love him.

on judgement when he punishes people for exercising freewill.

hell was never a choice, it was punishment for not choosing to love god.

If your wife exercises her freewill to habitually commit adultery does that show that she loves you? Does that show that she wants to be with you till death do you part? undecided
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by Gggg102(m): 7:56pm On Apr 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

All have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). All of us born into this earth are born in sin inherited and committed by choice. So all of us including you are evil in the sight of God but the moment you reach the age of accountability you will be held responsible for the choices you make.

You cannot say that the scientists should not have invented what they did knowing that it could also cause suffering and death.

If you warn your child that putting his hand in fire will burn him and if he chooses to try it should we accuse you of allowing him to burn his hand?

God does not punish you for your choices you are only bearing the consequences of the choice you make. Will God be just if He grants you to live with Him eternally if you can't stand the sight of Him. God is a perfect gentleman who will not force you against your wishes.

If your wife exercises her freewill to habitually commit adultery does that show that she loves you? Does that show that she wants to be with you till death do you part? undecided

all have sinned because god created Lucifer.

what scientists invent also cause good, but when an invention leads to evil with no good application, they try to stop it. e. g asbestos is being banned as a construction material because it causes cancer, nuclear weapons are condemned and people are trying to stop nuclear weaponry, petroleum is being purchased...

god knew Lucifer would cause evil then why was Lucifer created?

why would you light a fire(lucifer) in the first place in the reach of the child(man) when you could do without the fire(lucifer) in the first place?

hell was created as a punishment, it wasn't created as a choice. hell is a punishment for those who choose not to serve god.

if hell wasn't a punishment and people choose hell because they had freewill, there would be nothing bad as they made a choice to suffer eternally and were not punished for it but hell is a punishment for exercising freewill.

god is unjust for creating hell as a punishment for those who can't stand the sight of him and choose not to love him even when he gave them freewill to choose to love him or not.
what perfect gentleman would punish you eternally for not choosing him?

if my wife uses the freewill I gave her to choose to commit adultery, I will not punish her for it. I would let her follow her choice to wherever it leads her to.
Re: How Do We Know There Is A God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
Gggg102:

all have sinned because god created Lucifer.

Wrong. All have sinned because we sin by inheritance and by choice.

Gggg102:

what scientists invent also cause good, but when an invention leads to evil with no good application, they try to stop it. e. g asbestos is being banned as a construction material because it causes cancer, nuclear weapons are condemned and people are trying to stop nuclear weaponry, petroleum is being purchased...

That is what we get as a result of the choice our first parents made. They chose to eat out of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Gggg102:

god knew Lucifer would cause evil then why was Lucifer created?

He was given the benefit of the doubt. Lucifer and 1 third of the angels who followed him had a choice, either to serve God or rebel.

Gggg102:

why would you light a fire(lucifer) in the first place in the reach of the child(man) when you could do without the fire(lucifer) in the first place?

What is the purpose of given us free will if we cannot exercise it? You have the freewill to either dip your hand into fire and learn by experience or you choose to listen and obey the instruction not to touch it. The decision you make now determines your destiny in future.

Gggg102:

hell was created as a punishment, it wasn't created as a choice. hell is a punishment for those who choose not to serve god.

If you choose not to serve God you are saying you cannot live with Him and therefore you have surreptitiously chosen to live without Him and since there are only two places to live in eternity (Heaven or hell) you would have chosen your future destiny.

Gggg102:

if hell wasn't a punishment and people choose hell because they had freewill, there would be nothing bad as they made a choice to suffer eternally and were not punished for it but hell is a punishment for exercising freewill.

If you know that a prison is a place of punishment why would you want to commit a crime?

Gggg102:

god is unjust for creating hell as a punishment for those who can't stand the sight of him and choose not to love him even when he gave them freewill to choose to love him or not.
what perfect gentleman would punish you eternally for not choosing him?

God is a perfect Gentleman for not forcing you to go to where you don't want to go, He respects your choice and you also have the obligation to live with the consequence of your choice.

Gggg102:

if my wife uses the freewill I gave her to choose to commit adultery, I will not punish her for it. I would let her follow her choice to wherever it leads her to.

That is exactly what God allows those who would not choose Him. He allows them to follow their choice to where it will lead them - a Christless eternity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shari'ah: The Great Brain Robbery / Why Did Jesus Give Instructions On How To Beat A Slave / Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.