Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Saved By Amnesia - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Saved By Amnesia (64468 Views)

Wretched But Saved / Saved By The Twinkle Of Her Eyes / Saved By Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saved By Amnesia by zesh(m): 9:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
The time travel is getting confusing

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 21, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 21, 2018
The OP need to be writing script for nollywood, instead of all these predictable and half movies they produce.

5 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 21, 2018
Princess.

Imagine waking up in the morning bright and early, leaving your bedroom to go downstairs and make coffee and toast for you and your man. Only for you to enter your kitchen and see another woman feeling at home in there, cooking for your man obviously. Roselyn wouldn't wake up that early to cook for just herself and Queen.

I was really mad when I saw the Roselyn chic wearing boxers shorts and a thin see through top. She was stirring tomato sauce and hot dogs in a pan and humming a song.

"Roselyn what are you doing in here, why are you in my kitchen?" I asked a scowl on my face.

She turned to me with a usual smile on her face, I felt green with envy instantly. Here I was looking tattered in my worn out pyjamas and this girl who was a big threat to me was looking like she just walked out of a magazine.

There was no way someone could be this beautiful, her beauty has to be enhanced.

"Good morning, how was your night?" She asked her usual smile still plastered on her face.

"Roselyn, what are you doing in my kitchen?" I asked again my voice rising.

My sister Queen entered the kitchen as if on cue.

"Hello sis" she said going over to Roselyn to check what she had cooking in the pot.

"I tried waking you up but you were dead as a log" Roselyn said amused. Then she turned to me "Princess you said something?" she had this look of innocence on her face but there was nothing innocent about her.

"Never mind, Queen let's talk. Your bedroom now!" I barked before storming out of the kitchen.

Few minutes later Queen walked into the room a worried look on her face. "Princess are you okay?" my sister asked looking concerned.

"Why did you bring that girl here?" I spat.

"I don't understand, I just wanted you to get to know Roselyn. She means a lot to me you know" Queen looked offended.

"Can't you see what she's trying to do, she's openly flirting with my fiance and you're turning a blind eye to that. I'm your sister not that girl" I said.

Queen chuckled, what's she laughing about anyway?

"I get it, you are jealous aren't you. She's young, beautiful, obviously you'd feel threatened by that. And as for sisterhood, Roselyn has been more of a sister to me than you'll ever be" Queen spat.

"Queen!" I said outraged, how can my own my sister choose that trampy girl over me?

"Besides since when did you care so much about Sotonye, I thought he was just a means to an end. Tare is paying you to watch him, why are you even getting married to him?" Queen hissed.

I was about to reply her, when yellow miss tramp walked into the room .

"Breakfast is ready" she announced, if this girl had any idea how much I hated her, she'd be far away from me and this house in seconds.

Then she looked between the two of us, her smiled fading. "What's the matter Queen?" she asked.

"My sister is just being a bïtch over nothing" Queen hissed.

"Queen" I warned, my eyes burning with rage.

"She's thinks you're a threat to her relationship and that you're showing interest in her precious fiance. A fiance she's been paid to be with by his junior brother!" Queen said angrily.

I lost all reasoning and slapped my junior sister, she lost her balance.

"Are you mad, how dare you out me to a stranger?!" I yelled at her. Roselyn tried to interfere but Queen was already up on her feet.

"How dare you hit me? You wait till I tell Sotonye about your dirty secret!" Queen screamed. I thought of Sotonye in the other room immediately, imagine if he woke up and heard their screaming match.

"Try it and you're no longer my sister, you ungrateful little brat. After everything I've done for you, you'd pick a stranger over your own blood. Shame on you!" I hissed before turning to miss tramp who was looking wide eyed.

"If you try to double cross me, you will regret stepping foot in Abuja" Pushing her out of the way I walked out of their bedroom.

There was no breakfast when Sotonye woke up and went downstairs because I'd emptied Roselyn's food into the trash can.

Sotonye and I had gotten dressed and driven over to our favorite fast food to get breakfast. In his usual generosity, he'd invited Queen and Roselyn to come with us.

I'd dared both of them with my eyes to come with us and they'd both declined making excuses.

If anyone gets in the way of Sotonye and I and tries to ruin my relationship, I will ruin them. Sister or no Sister.

6 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 3:35am On Apr 21, 2018
Hmmmmm. Kasala go soon burst nao

Tanks a lot 4d update
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Ann2012(f): 5:39am On Apr 21, 2018
winkThanks ma'am
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 21, 2018
Nice update Ma'am.

It is like Queen has no atom of sense in her.

5 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 21, 2018
weldone @op. please why did you stop updating ",,lies from pretty lips" at d other side? pls don't stop...

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2018
Sotonye

I watched the figure sitting in the dining room reading a novel, probably romance. Females in general dig that, how could a woman be so beautiful?

Her light skin was flawless, no blemish, no spot. Her eyes on the other hand was something else, like they had hidden secrets in them. Each held a mischievous glint like she knew something the others didn't.

These days he found himself wishing he had met Roselyn earlier, maybe before Princess. It was a terrible thing to wish for since he was engaged and to be married to Princess. Princess was a wonderful person, she'd done so much for him after his horrible wife had left him and her responsibilities. Princess was loyal, hard working, absolute wife material, so why did he find himself walking to Roselyn to tell her he'd accepted her Proposal?

He was not even married yet and he was already taking a mistress. He hadn't even wanted to consider cheating on Roselyn but imagine having that kind of offer from someone like Roselyn and turning it down? That was complete foolishness, no one needed to know about his dirty affair, he'd be discreet.

He could get her an apartment in Lagos, far away from school and far away from Queen. Princess wouldn't find out about it, it will just be between Roselyn and I.

"What are you reading?" I asked when I got to her. She didn't look startled when she lifted her head. Her lips only curved to the side, "Kamasutra" she said in a sultry voice. Her voice was literally dripping seduction. A lump formed in my throat when she smiled.

She could be a one of the devil's creation created to tempt man because whatever she was doing was having an effect on me and she knew it.

"Roselyn we need to talk, quickly. Princess and Queen are out at the moment, could I have a word with you before they get back?" I asked.

"Why are you beating around the bush Soty, you want me don't you? You don't want your fiancee to find out, a secret affair, you will take care of my needs and I will take care of yours isn't it?" she asked.

"No that's not it" I lied to salvage my pride. How could she be so confident about herself, was it even confidence or just ego.

"I know you're lying, you want me. You want to have sex with me, all men do. You should be lucky I'm even paying you attention, do you how many men have offered to be with me?" She hissed.

"Roselyn, why are you doing this?" I asked sitting as far away as I could.

"I want you, you can help me. A mutual understanding, that's all I want" She pouted getting up from her chair and moving to sit close to me.

"You won't regret it. I'm an excellent lover, I'm also very flexible" she winked.

"Whatever we do, should remain between us. I don't want you telling Queen or any of your friends about us. And while we're sleeping together, you won't get involved with another man" I warned sternly, I also need to know if she's clean. I'm not one to judge but she works in a strip club and she's quite popular there.

"I'm offended, what do you take me for?" she looked anything but offended, she looked sensual.

"We keep our business out of the house, and you might want to stop pissing princess off so she doesn't become suspicious" I advised.

"Whatever you say..." She smirked. "should we seal the deal with a kiss?" she asked.

She didn't wait for my reply before leaning in to punish my lips with a kiss. I wouldn't even call it a kiss, it was more erotic than that.

What am I getting into?

4 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
Well done Ma. You are a very good writer. winkwink

4 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2018
Two years ago

Tarila.

I rushed back to the house from the hospital, Sotonye has amnesia. That must be the best news I've ever heard since my birth.

I had considered staying back when I heard the news, I could manipulate him, tell him all sorts of lies. Make him believe we had the perfect marriage, where he loved me and trusted me.

'Perhaps I could just have the marriage I've been wanting all along' I thought. I considered it for a while but changed my mind 'What if he regained his memory, with all the lies I'd have told him, things will go from bad to worse. He'd kill me for taking advantage of his accident'

No I won't stay! I've endured this torture too much. I have to leave now, his mother had already contacted his sister and soon she'd be here. I don't need anyone to stop me or give me a reason not to leave.

I ran about the house picking up the necessary things I needed, and things I'd miss while I was gone.

I'm going to need some money too but since I had no idea where Sotonye stashed his cash I'll have to go to Moyo or Ene for money. What would I tell them, will they believe me if I tell them the truth, will they hate me for lying to them all along?

"Tari!" I heard the shrill voice of my mother in law. "Mummy, please go back to your room. You need to rest" I turned to her.
"What are you doing Tari?" She asked.

"I'm taking a few necessary things to Sotonye at the hospital. Go back to the room mum, do you want anything?" I asked her, I don't want her to suspect anything.

Her mother in law laughed bitterly "So you're leaving Tari?" She asked that made me turn around. It was then I noticed she wasn't with her walking cane.

"Mum... " I looked at her confused, her room was about three doors away. How did she get here without her walking stick?

"I'm not blind Tari, after the accident I could only see blurry images. It changed weeks later, I didn't mention anything to you or Sotonye because I wanted to see for myself" she said looking a bit sad.

I sat on the bed confused, she's not blind. Why had she hidden that fact from her son?

"Why did you do that mum?" I looked up at her.

"Before the accident, I used to sense the tension anytime I visited. I suspected Sotonye wasn't the loving husband but I didn't guess that he was hitting you. I wouldn't have known till that day in the kitchen when he hit you, I was just across the kitchen but he assumed I couldn't see. It was then that I began to notice the pattern that my son was a woman beater, yet you hid it well. You're a good wife, I'm so sorry that the both of my sons had to make you go through all these things" His mother looked genuinely sorry.

She didn't need to feel bad, it was Sotonye who was hurting me after all and no one else. "It's fine mama, it isn't your fault" I said tiredly.

"Do you know Sotonye's father used to hit me? I should have done a better job raising Sotonye but I indulged him instead . I'd waited years after marriage before getting a child so his father and I spoilt him. It was Layefa and Tare who didn't get such liberties" His mother said and sat down beside me on the bed.

"I'm really Sorry Tari, I hope you forgive me for what I'm about to tell you" his mother said.

I looked up at wondering what she'd done, she was such a nice woman. She was nothing like her sons, what could she possibly have done that was so unforgivable?

6 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Ann2012(f): 3:07pm On Apr 21, 2018
Thumbs up � ma'am, following till the end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saved By Amnesia by charytea(f): 3:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
Viewing this topic: BisadeFaj (f), MrOra (m ), InkPaperVodka (f) and 5 guest( More update please am glued!
Re: Saved By Amnesia by bilirayz(f): 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2018
Wow... U are talented... Kip it up dearie, can't wait for the next update

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
Tanks a lot for d update ooo.

Plz more. Where u go stop so no good.

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Olawale118(m): 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2018
brilliant idea.. beautiful story....

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 22, 2018
Inkpapervodka, i'm back and following this babe!

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 22, 2018
Nice update Ma'am,
happy Sunday.

5 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
smiley Happy Sunday to you too dear
chivera018:
Nice update Ma'am,

happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
wink wink Welcome
Pinkberry5:
Inkpapervodka, i'm back and following this babe!

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 23, 2018
Chapter 6

Queen

"I'm sorry..." Princess said. I sighed and looked out of the car.

"Sorry doesn't cut it,  you hit me" I spat still not looking at her.

"Queen you spilled my deepest and darkest secrets in front of a stranger. Surely you don't trust her that much,  especially with Sotonye" Princess said calmly.

"I trust her more than I trust you, Roselyn has been more of a sister to me than you'll ever be!" I threw back at her.

"Queen,  I told you my secrets because I trust you and I couldn't bear the burden alone. I expected you to keep my secrets,  and that Roselyn I don't trust her"  I said.

"You're only jealous and insecure, she's young,  beautiful and bubbly.  Everyone likes Roselyn, including your Sotonye who usually doesn't have interests in other women" I hissed.

"She's clearly a trampy girl without morals" Princess looked really angry.

"And you're the one with morals,  does your husband to be know what you do with Tare? Does he even know you're in contact with his brother?"  I shot at her.

"Queen it's not like that, whatever I do I do it for my love for Soty. I'm keeping Soty away from Tare for his own safety" Princess protested.

I don't even care why she does it, I hope Soty finds out and breaks up their engagement. She's such a scheming bïtch.

"You still haven't forgiven me Queen?" Princess said sourly.  She turned to look at me and pressed her hand to my hand.

"I'm sorry" she said. As if her apology could change anything.

I'd confided in princess when I was in my first year in the University, told I was pregnant and confused. I didn't know how to take care of a baby and I didn't know how to go about my situation.

Princess had convinced me to abort the baby, she'd told me the baby would destroy my future and bring me shame. She made me believe she'd support me no matter what would happen. I'd taken her advice because I felt she was more experienced and wiser than I was.

The abortion like every other abortion had not gone smoothly,  I'd bled for days and I'd been really sick.  Princess of course was too busy with her work, she hadn't even bothered to check on me.

I'd gotten really sick and my roommates at that time had to contact my parents. Imagine the humiliation I had gone through after my recovery, my parents had been disappointed.

Princess being the model, responsible and perfect daughter that she was had told my parents she knew nothing about it, she'd criticized me too. She'd pretended like she wasn't the one who had told me to get an abortion.

It occurred to me that if I had died, Princess wouldn't have told them the truth. She'd have let my parents believe I was too be blamed for my death. What kind of sister is that?

After my recovery, I couldn't stay at home so close to her. After the whole drama had ended, I applied for a course in the University of Lagos and left home.

Months later princess reached out to me, she didn't apologize immediately. She'd thought that crediting my account with money and buying me expensive gifts would change anything. Well it hadn't, it didn't rather. I've not forgiven her and I haven't forgotten.

I won't forgive her till she tells my parents the truth, she'd gambled with my life and that's not something I can forget or forgive.

She has to tell them how she put my life in danger, how she ruined me. Because of her, I can't ever have children, how does she expect me to be happy for her? Does she think I'll be happy to see her married with kids?

If I have the chance to seduce Sotonye and steal away her happiness, I would do it.

Fortunately for her, I am in no position to to do that.

Sotonye wouldn't go for the junior sister I knew that, but I also knew Roselyn as the male magnet.

That was why I was attending this wedding, that was why I'd brought Rose with me.

I can only hope Roselyn uses this opportunity well. This is not a plan between I and Roselyn, she knows nothing about my intentions.

She doesn't need to know, things will fall accordingly naturally. Karma will take care of it.

I turned to Princess perfecting my fake smile. "I forgave you a long time ago, believe me Princess. Roselyn is just excessively friendly, she has someone else. And Sotonye is ever faithful, you have nothing to worry about Sis" the smile widened.

"I love you sis, I don't want any bad blood between us. You're one of the few persons I can trust" Princess smiled back.

"I love you too" I replied. Love indeed....

3 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by okeyben10: 1:45am On Apr 23, 2018
when yu update late like this, I become thankful m nocturnal.... lol

everywhere everyone is holding a grudge. these days blood don't mean Nada.

person need to con dey keep family far like outsider.

what a shame

thanks much for d update. I love me your literary poise

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 23, 2018
i dont like this Queen of a girl, she is just too mumu for my liking.

Well done Ma.

5 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 8:05am On Apr 23, 2018
Tanks a lot for the update, God bless

Good morning to you all

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 24, 2018
Alfred.

"So what are your sisters like?" Vanessa asked me getting into the car. I turned to her and smiled, "They're adorable honey, you'll love them" I assured her.

We were on the way to the airport to catch our flight to Abuja.
"What if they don't like me?" she asked me.
I turned to look at her amused "Is the hard hearted Vanessa Dike nervous?" I asked her my lips curving to the side.
"Of course not, I just...never mind" she bit her lips.

"Princess is extremely caring, she's bubbly. Gets along with everyone else, Queen on the other hand is shy but really sweet" I said taking her hand.

"Can't we just stay in one of your hotels at Abuja?" she asked pulling her hand away but I took it again. I won't be giving her any space again, I'll be keeping her close till she accepts me fully.

"Well that was my initial plan but Princess insists we stay over at her fiance's house. She really wants to get to know you, you'll be comfortable I promise" I leaned in and kissed her cheek.

"And if I'm not?" Vanessa asked. I smiled at her "I'll whisk you away to one of my hotels, anything for you babe. But you have to try and get along with my sisters first. Please" I begged.

"Okay, no problem. I'll try, it can't be that hard" Vanessa smiled faintly.

The guy who had broken Vanessa's heart must have been a real bástard. Who in their right senses would let a woman like Vanessa go? I wondered taking in her features. She was damn beautiful, talented and successful.

She managed a chain of restaurants, that was thriving. That was what had brought us together in first place, business. Vanessa had brought me a business proposal that was going to fetch me lots of profits, but it wasn't the benefits of the proposal that made me agree to do business with her.

I'd been intrigued, no woman had ever caught my attention the way Vanessa had. Everything had fallen into place in Calabar where we had gone to launch one of her restaurants in my hotel at Calabar. I wanted us to get back to Honey moon avenue, hopefully this trip to Abuja will bring us closer again.

"I love you Nessa" I whispered to her. She looked at me and scoffed lightly. She didn't say it back but I had high hopes that she would in time.

When we landed at the airport , I called Princess and informed her that I'd rented a car that would bring Vanessa and I to her house.
I didn't want her to come and pick us up at the airport, she wouldn't mind but I didn't want to stress her.

Princess squealed and expressed her happiness, she couldn't wait to see Vanessa and I.
I laughed heartily, I couldn't wait to see my girls too. It's been too long.

Vanessa didn't look nervous as before, she also couldn't wait to see my sisters.
Her mood lifted into a brighter shade as we drove down to Princess's fiance's home.

Queen was the first person I saw when we got to the house.

Immediately I got out of the car, she and a fair skinned girl hurried toward us.

"Alfie!" Queen exclaimed running into my arms, I picked her up and twirled her around.

"Look at you all grown up" I said kissing her cheeks.

"Well Duh, what were you expecting? You don't look to bad, someone has been working out" she winked.

I chuckled before setting her down, turning to Vanessa I cleared my throat. "Honey, this is Queen my little sister" I said.

"Not so little, hello Vanessa. You look lovely, even more prettier in person than the photos" Queen said.

"Hi..." Vanessa looked frozen.
I guess she's just a little overwhelmed, turning to my side I saw the other girl looking at us curiously.

"And who is this beauty?" I asked taking in her features. She was also really beautiful but not what I was into.

"This is my soul sister Roselyn, Rosie my elder brother Alfred" Queen gushed.

"Hi" she turned to Vanessa and smiled.

"Nice Dress" she complimented Vanessa.

"Thanks" Vanessa said coldly before turning back to Queen.

I was about to ask about princess when she came out of the house with a man whom I suspected was her fiance.

"Big brother!!!" she said excitedly the minute I got to her.
I smiled tiredly, I was more worried about Vanessa.

If she didn't like it here, I couldn't force her to be here. I'd really hoped she'd like my girls but she's been nothing but cold since we got here.

"You must be Vanessa, wow!! I've been dying to meet you" Princess smiled.

Vanessa looked at her with a hard expression.
"Alfred" she said slowly.
"You didn't tell me your sisters were so lovely" she said smiling.

The smile didn't reach her eyes of course, but I was the only one who noticed.
I've studied her for such a long time that I knew her every mood.
Vanessa was angry, her eyes looked murderous.
Why? I wondered.

4 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by aprilwise(m): 4:23am On Apr 24, 2018
Wonderful story
Re: Saved By Amnesia by chisiudeh: 6:59am On Apr 24, 2018
The story is going to take another turn soon. I tink vanessa is sotys missing wife.
Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 8:38am On Apr 24, 2018
chisiudeh:
The story is going to take another turn soon. I tink vanessa is sotys missing wife.

I dey reason ham self.

Mo c wetin d next update go give us sha

Tanks a lot for d update ma. God bless
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 24, 2018
wow, i cant wait for the next update.

I said it Vanessa is Tari.
Well done Ma.

4 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Skimpledawg(m): 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2018
chivera018:
wow, i cant wait for the next update.

I said it Vanessa is Tari.

Well done Ma.
I think Tari is Roselyn.

From the story, Tari ran to Abuja right?

Well, this OP is putting a grown up man like me in suspense and thats not good for my health abeg.
Re: Saved By Amnesia by emperorblog(m): 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2018
read more interesting story here
www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
Skimpledawg:

I think Tari is Roselyn.

From the story, Tari ran to Abuja right?

Well, this OP is putting a grown up man like me in suspense and thats not good for my health abeg.
LOL, let us wait and see who Tari is.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) / 'my Names Are', Or 'my Name Is'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.