Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,303 members, 7,826,199 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Saved By Amnesia - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Saved By Amnesia (64474 Views)

Wretched But Saved / Saved By The Twinkle Of Her Eyes / Saved By Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saved By Amnesia by arthur16(m): 7:29am On May 22, 2018
More ideas to ur brain nne
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Favyo(f): 3:48pm On May 22, 2018
U guys are bleeping high to allow Vodka do dis to y'all grin grin Princess is using Roselyn on Tare, that's the best way to get her not just out of Sotunye's life, but to use her gain her freedom out of Tare's hands, can't y'all see? And then, sotunye is already a thorn in her (princess's) flesh, for he now knows her secret finally! so Tare killing the bastard means fucking nothing to the LovePeddler of a princess! She planned this from the beginning already, remember? Vanessa might still be Tari. Inkpaper, thumbs up, u got people searching their own shadows all over... grin

3 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by PraisesG(f): 8:14am On May 24, 2018
Please update

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Favyo(f): 7:59pm On May 25, 2018
Hmmm...

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by reekay2000(m): 10:18am On May 28, 2018
inkpaper pls I tried sending u mail but it wasn't going through I need the link for love no inhibitor and lies from the pretty lips. thank you.

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 28, 2018
My apologies everyone for the delay
I'm back from my unplanned vacation
I was having the a case of writers block.
Anyway I'm back now, we may continue.

Thanks for your patience.

Inkpapervodka
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 28, 2018
It's on wattpad, I posted how to get it on the thread of both stories.
reekay2000:
inkpaper pls I tried sending u mail but it wasn't going through I need the link for love no inhibitor and lies from the pretty lips. thank you.
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 28, 2018
A couple of years ago

Vanessa

"I get that you love him Vee, but he's hurting you.  This is the second miscarriage, am I right" Cecelia asked as I wiped my bloody nose with a tissue.

I shook my head before putting up there fingers. "The third" I responded weakly.

"He's a beast,  the nerve of that guy.  Despite everything you do for him this is how he pays you back. Beating you up for the slightest mistake" Cecelia hissed.

"He doesn't like disorganization ,  I shouldn't have...." I started but Cecelia cut me off irritated.

"It's your house,  you pay the bills don't you?  If you want to clean up the house, that's your business.  If you want to cook dinner late that's also your business, why do you let him control and manipulate. He has no right to treat you like crap, fück that dude!" Cecelia hissed.

Just then we heard the honk of my car, Sotonye was home. "Cecelia, Soty is home.  You have to leave, he's going to get mad if he sees you here" I rushed getting up from the chair.

Cecelia's look was a mixture of disbelief and disgust. "Vee you're kicking me out of your house because of your shitty boyfriend?" She scoffed.

"He's my fiancé" I whispered lamely.

"I'm going to say this Vee, that asshole doesn't deserve you.  It's high time you tell him to Fückoff!" She hissed and walked out of the living room.

She bumped into Sotonye who was entering the house on her way out. Hissed at him before walking out.

"Welcome" I said quietly to Sotonye.

"What the hell was she doing here?" he asked coming to me angrily. I moved back scared of what his reaction would be.

"I started bleeding again after you left. Since you went out with the car, I asked her to drive me to the hospital. I'm sorry" I explained.

"I don't want to fücking see her in this house again, just because you own this property doesn't mean you can do anything you like. I'm still the man of the house!" he spat.

Tears leaked out of my eyes but I wiped them away quickly. "Sotonye why are you talking like this,  Cece has done nothing to you. She's my only friend" I said moving backward again.

"She freaking disrespects me,  I won't take that. Do you understand or do you want me to make you understand?" he asked.

"I understand, she won't come here again. I'm sorry" I apologized.

He didn't even ask about what the doctor had said to me at the hospital, or if I'd taken care of my bleeding nose.

"What's for lunch?" he asked.

"I didn't cook lunch, I already called someone at the restaurant to bring lunch over for us.  I would have cooked but I'm in pain" I said.

"You're just a lazy bïtch.  You should be thankful I'm putting up with your laziness." he sneered before walking out of the living room.

I didn't bother to reply him,  that's what he enjoyed doing. Assaulting me verbally all the time, if I replied him he'd get physical.

About forty minutes later Joseph from my restaurant arrived with the meal I'd ordered for.  I quickly placed the meal on a plate and took it to the dining table in the living room. 

I went into the bedroom to call him out for lunch. "Soty,  lunch is ready" I said standing by the door.

"What are we having?" he asked looking in my direction.

"Coconut rice and mince stew" I replied not meeting his gaze.

"Why are you standing over there, come here" he said, he didn't sound angry so I went over to sit beside him.

"Let's go out for lunch instead, then we'll head to the beach. I'm sorry for hitting you or calling you names.  I'm an idiot, let me apologize" he said.

I wasn't surprised at his sudden gentleness, he only meant two things.  One,  he wants money or two,  he wants sex. He didn't look Hot so it's probably the former.

"You don't have to apologize, I don't want to dine out. I'm not feeling well" I said.

"I'm sorry about the baby" he said.

Tears blurred my eyes, it's been a week since I lost the baby. This is the second conversation we're having about my third miscarriage.

I remember our first conversation like it happened was just yesterday.

'what's with that sour look on your face' he'd asked.

'Would you prefer to see me rejoicing over the death of our third child?' I'd asked looking up at him with my red rimmed eyes. My eyes were hurting and swollen because I'd been crying since the doctor had told me the baby was gone.

Our baby was gone because Sotonye had thought kicking me in the stomach was a good punishment for me, simply because I'd ruined his favorite shirt with a hot iron while ironing. Now that I think about it,  I'd bought that shirt for him.

'What are you crying for, you were just two months along. Stupid thing hadn't fücking developed' he'd hissed.

'How can you say that? It was our baby, it was growing in me.  You killed our baby' I'd said hurt.

'Shut the fück up,  you won't talk about that  baby again.  It was barely even a baby, it's not my fault you can't carry a  baby in your womb for a long term' he'd glared at me before walking away.

And he hadn't mentioned it till today,  I didn't mention it either but I'd grieved my lost baby alone.

"I wanted a baby with you, I'm sorry. We'll have another, we'll try again. I love you"  he said kissing my cheeks.

"Okay" I nodded.

He cleared his throat "You remember those foreign investments I was talking to you about the other day?" he asked.

I nodded looking at my toes,  weren't we just talking about our baby?

"I need money to finance my business, if this works out.  I'm going to be so freaking rich, I'm going to have enough to start up the electronics store" he said.

Notice how he only referred to him self and not us. We were engaged for Christ sake, I wonder if my father will still call him son if he knew what I was going through with Sotonye.

"I've talked with a few people, I just need to invest some money and in  a few months I'll be rich" he continued.

"That's great Sotonye, maybe we could talk about getting married too.  Don't you think? It's been two years isn't it? I'm starting to think this ring is a decoration" I said making my tone light with a laugh but I was serious.

"Yea, that too. If this deal works out we will get married" he said. His hands brushed my waist.

"I hope it does, so I was took a  loan of fifteen million from the bank" he said casually.

I looked at him in surprise, how? He had nothing to his name,  nothing. Oh my God, what if he had used our house and car as collateral. His name was on the deeds, he could.

"Did you....what did you..." I couldn't  ask.

He knew what I was asking and nodded. "You did say everything you owned belonged to the two of us the day we got engaged. I used the house, car and both restaurants" he said.

I gasped looking at him in shock. "How could you do that when we didn't talk about it?" I asked.

"So I have to ask you for everything?" he hissed.

"Yes,  if it's something as serious as this then Yes Sotonye! I worked hard to establish those restaurants. You know that, I used the money I got from my grandparent's will.  You know how important..." I started but he cut me off.

"Nothing will happen to your stupid business woman! Once the deal clicks,  I'll pay back that loan.  I just need some extra ten million" He said.

"What, what kind of deal do you want to invest twenty five freaking million in?" I asked.

"That's none of your business!  All you need to know is that if you don't give me the remaining ten million for this deal, there won't be any money to pay back the bank in three months.  Everything we've worked for will be gone!"he said.

I broke into tears,  how could Sotonye do this to me.  How could he?

4 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 28, 2018
About a year ago.

Vanessa

I watched my sister get down from her car and walk towards me, I haven't seen her in flesh since the accident.  Once Tarila Dike Williams, after the full body cosmetic surgery she's another person entirely.

Roselyn Spades,  my little sister.  Lost her face in the a fatal car crash that cost our father his leg,  adopted by Doctor Spades. A cosmetic surgeon who became popular after people had seen the miracle he had done on his daughter Roselyn spades. Everyone wanted that miracle too.

She pulled me into a hug and kissed both sides of my cheeks.

"Vanessa, I've missed you" she said smiling. She looked so ethereal, just what I was looking for.

"Roselyn dear,  you look lovely. I bet you have a trail of men swooning after you" I said winking.

"Tell me about it" she rolled her eyes.  We held hands and walked into the house.

"How's father?" she asked me as I poured white wine into a glass.

"He's still heart broken over your decisions even if it was for the best. He misses you, talks about you all the time" I responded.

"Yeah? We should have a family reunion dinner.  The three of us, don't you think?" I asked handing her a glass of wine.

"Yeah,  definitely. That could wait though, there are more pressing issues" I said.

"Is it about Euphoria or Spade?" She asked looking all business like.  I'd been running her business while she was away.

I walked to her and placed my hand on her shoulder. "You remember when I told you I'd run your business and you said you love me and would do anything for me sister?" I asked her.

"I meant it" she said with sincerity.

"I want you to do something for me now"  I said looking into her eyes.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Sotonye Williams" I said not removing my eyes from hers. Her eyes hardened as she heard the name.

"Vanessa,  you're not going to be like Dad now and ask me to go back to my husband to settle things?" she asked coldly.

"I want you to go back to him,  but not as his wife.  Go as Roselyn spades, Tarila is dead. I want you to go as Roselyn, be his mistress" I said.

She laughed harshly and shook her head.  "Are you kidding me,  after everything I told you about Sotonye.  You want me to go back to him!" she yelled at me.

"After everything Sotonye did to you,  are you going to let him get away with it? After everything he did to  me too" I said placing my hand on her cheeks.

"Sotonye scorned two of us, I did some research okay. He still hasn't regained his memory, that means he's clueless.  I want to wreck him, I want to ruin him.  I need your help,  you job is just to distract him.  Distract him while I ruin all he's worked for, all he owns. Everything he stole from me" I said.

"Sotonye and I had history, I loved him. I'm not sure I can do this" she said.

"No,  you had a crush on him. I loved him, it shouldn't matter" I said stroking her cheeks.

"I have a plan, support me.  Be my sister, do this for me, for us.  Please" I coaxed her.

"Fine,  a distraction. That's all" She said.

I nodded and smiled, I already had a plan with Tare.  And this time nothing would screw it. And if anything or anyone at all tries to screw it, I will get rid of the person.

5 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 28, 2018
Some weeks ago

Vanessa

I watched from a distance every day and saw how Roselyn and Sotonye fell deeper in love every day with each other. I should have known better than to let the both of them get involved with each other again, Roselyn was a sucker for Sotonye.

She'd always loved him, she still did. The worst part of it was that this time he had feelings for her.

"Rose" I called as I walked into the living room. We were the only ones in the house since Alfred, Sotonye and co had gone to see Alfred's parents.

"Ness" she said her attention on her mobile phone.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked my hand coming to my waist. I glared at her, she was going to ruin everything.

"What do you mean, look if it's about Soty I don't want to talk about it.  I'm distracting him aren't I?" She said nonchalantly.

"Are you insane, I asked you to distract him.  You're the one who's distracted, you've fallen for him.  I'm disappointed Roselyn, after everything that monster did to you!" I walked to her and took the freaking mobile phone out of her hands.

"Vanessa, he's not a monster.  Look I know you want to get back at Sotonye because he duped you but please understand that he has lost his memory. He has changed, let go off your anger and this silly revenge already" she yelled getting on her feet.

"Silly revenge?  You think everything I've been working on for years is silly. Sotonye deceived me,  he took away my money.  When the bank came,  they took every bloody thing I owned. Thanks to father I was able to get back on my feet" I looked at her stonily.

"I'm sure if you tell him, he'll give you back what he took from you. Talk to him Vanessa, it's time for you to forget and forgive" Roselyn place her hand on my cheek.

I laughed harshly "You think this just about money,  he hit me, my lost babies.  You think this is just about money?!" I asked angrily.

"He hit me too Ness, I lost a baby too.  He's changed now,  he wouldn't ever hit anyone.  Don't you see,  his amnesia, his accident had given him a second chance. I've forgiven him" Roselyn said.

"Easy for you to say, you didn't want the child.  I can't believe you'd fall for Sotonye again Rose, let me tell you a little secret honey.  If you really think he loves you so much and he's changed, tell him you're Tarila. The one and only, the one who abandoned him when he was most vulnerable" I said coldly.

"I... Vanessa..." She looked helpless now.

"I feel so sorry for you, Sotonye doesn't love you. He likes the pretty face though, that's all.  And just so you know, that you're his mistress now doesn't mean I won't go ahead with my plans. If you try to ruin it,  I'll get rid of you." I eyed her closely.

"Is that a threat?" She gasped.

"It's a promise, you're on your own now Roselyn. You're still my sister and I love you but I can't let you get in the way of my plans" I sighed before walking away.

The moment I got to my room,  I picked up my phone and called Tare.  My ally,  someone who wanted Sotonye to suffer too. 

"Vanessa, I wasn't expecting your call so soon" His smug voice flowed into my ears.

"There's a little problem, I'm going to need your help to fix it" I said.

"What exactly do you want?" he asked.

"I need you to roughen up Princess for me,  but make sure she thinks it's a certain Roselyn Spades that's responsible for it" I said.

"Mmm...consider it done.  I think Princess herself needs a spanking" Tare said.

"Good" I ended the call and sighed.

Roselyn is my sister but she needs an eye opener. I have to make her see that she's making a mistake.

6 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 28, 2018
TARE

"You have to let me go,  you can't keep me here against my will" Tarila hissed at me.

"What's stopping me from doing that?" I cocked a brow at her.

"Tare listen to me, you're making a mistake. Why are you doing this?" She asked.

I tried not to look at her face as she spoke.  She had this helpless look on her face and she looked a little  frightened too even though she tried not to show it.

"I don't get it Tari, what do you like about him anyway. He's always treated you like dirt, yet you go back to him and fall in love with him again. I on the other hand would cherish you,  yet you keep running away"

"Stop calling me that" she said.

"What? Your new face and identity doesn't fücking change anything. You're still my Tarila" I said placing my on her face. She flinched and moved back.

"It's Roselyn, and I'm not yours.  I was never yours" She said quietly.

I chuckled "You're mine Tarila,  I won't let anyone else have you" I said. "Do you have any idea what I've gone through trying to find you, all the resources and energy? You think I'm just gonna let you go that way, you're so wrong" I gritted out.

"I don't love you Tare,  I don't even want you. Look your Tarila is dead, get over it.  Now stop being like this and let me go" She said.

"You will learn to love me" I said coldly and I mean it. She will learn to love me or she'll be forced to.

"Fine,  keep on being a jerk then" she hissed and turned her back to me.

"How can you still love him,  he killed our child.  How can you love that beast?" I asked her again.

"I didn't want the child Tare,  I'm not saying what happened was good but that child was a result of your lust for me.  You raped me,  denied it and Sotonye was forced to pay for your mistakes" She said.

I shook my head chuckling harshly "You think I wanted to leave you,  you think I wanted to deny you?  It was all his idea,  he thought you weren't good enough for me.  You should have heard the things he said about you and I always defended you Tari but no you always run back to him" I spat.

"Whatever he's done, it's all in the past.  I've forgiven him,  it's best if you do too.  He's your brother Tare, he needs you too.  God,  do you know how your mother misses you? You should see her, you should see your brother too. Don't you see that God gave all of us a second chance at a new beginning with Sotonye's accident. Do the right thing Tare,  don't let hate and anger cloud your judgement. Please... Tare listen to me" she begged me. 

Accident indeed, if only she knew it was no accident. Anyway this time,  there will be no accident.

"Don't hurt him Tare,  he's your brother. He loves you, everything he did was because he wanted the best for you" I hate the way she defends everything he does.

If Sotonye hadn't made me deny my child,  he or she would still be alive. I'd have been the one to marry Tari,  we'd have other children now.  Sotonye ruined everything and yet she still defends him.

"You want me to forgive Sotonye?" I asked her.

She nodded and I offered her a crook smile.  "Fine,  I'll forgive him.  On one condition" I said.

"What?" she asked. "Forget him,  marry me. Give me back what he stole from me" I said.

She shook her head in refusal " I can't do that, I can't marry you Tare" she said.

"Fine,  your choice. Oh, just so you know...you've decided his fate too.  Sotonye might not survive his next accident, and you won't be able to help him" I smirked when I saw her shocked expression.

"Let me know when you change your mind" I said before walking away.

7 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Toeyean1507(f): 12:46pm On May 28, 2018
Wow. I'm amazed at d turn out of things o.
U re really brilliant, sis.
Welcome back. I just hope u will complete this here. Pesin no fit guez d outcome of events for dis tori.
Thanks for d updates

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 28, 2018
wink Thank you, yes this story should be completed before the week runs out.
Toeyean1507:
Wow. I'm amazed at d turn out of things o.
U re really brilliant, sis.
Welcome back. I just hope u will complete this here. Pesin no fit guez d outcome of events for dis tori.
Thanks for d updates
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 28, 2018
Chapter 11

Sotonye

"I warned you about that girl but you wouldn't listen Soty.  There was just something wrong about her" My mother said.
I swallowed hard,  princess wasn't even on my mind. I kept thinking of Roselyn every day, I've tried reaching out to her but she wasn't answering my calls or replying my messages.

I shouldn't have listened to princess's lies, but at that moment every lie princess told was damn believable.

"As for your brother Sotonye,  have you tried reaching out to him?" my mum asked.

"No, I haven't. How do I even contact a brother who doesn't have my best interest at heart. He's no longer my brother as far as I'm concerned" I hissed looking away.

My mum sighed again " I did a terrible job raising you two" She said. "I loved you two way too much, especially you Sotonye. I should have...I should have tried to guide you after your father had mislead you. Tare too,  Tare is the way he is today because of you Sotonye.  I remember my bubbly little Tare,  how happy he was as a child. He was so bright,  I knew he was destined for great things."  My mother sobbed.

"There is no need for tears mum,  I'd rather we didn't talk about this" I said. I came back to Port Harcourt to get away from everything.

Princess had been texting me all week,  her parents had called too but I'd told them I wanted nothing to do with their daughter.

She'd been deceiving me all these while. If Queen hadn't spilled the truth, I'd still be stuck with a schemer and a liar.

After Queen's speech that day, I'd forced Princess to take a test right in my presence to prove Queen wrong. She'd confessed, told me that the pregnancy was a sham.

"I'm sorry Sotonye, I did it because I was losing you to Roselyn. I admit I'm wrong but please" she'd begged shedding tears that I wasn't even sure were genuine.

"It's over" I'd simply said and walked away. The next day I'd flown over to Port Harcourt and I've been trying to contact Roselyn since then.

"You know I was happy when you married Tarila, Tare wouldn't have been able to take care of her. Tarila was such a lovely young girl, I thought she'd change you" my mum said.

"I really don't want to talk about that woman, she's a terrible person. She abandoned me, what kind of wife is that?" I flared up.

"There is something you should know Sotonye" I looked at my mother expectantly.

"I...I helped her leave" My mother said.

"It doesn't matter, she's history" I told my mother. Right now, I'm more interested in Roselyn than going after my ex wife.

"I know where she is, and I want you to go talk to her. You need to know why she left, she's the only one who can tell you that" my mother said.

I looked at my mother in disbelief, if she knew where Tarila was all along why hadn't she said anything.

I searched for that woman for months and my mother knew where she was all along.

"Why didn't you say anything since?" I asked.

"Tarila loved you, I hoped she'd come back on her own" she said.

I scoffed shaking my head, love indeed.

"I want you to go see her, please. For my sake, please go see Tarila." My mum pleaded.

"Fine!" I said. I'll go see the damned woman, and hopefully she'd be able to tell me about why the hell she'd left me in the hospital.

9 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by rchilee: 3:07pm On May 28, 2018
Wow, this is serious

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 3:29pm On May 28, 2018
Afefetefe ati ridi adiyee. Lol

Tanks a lot for the update. God bless
Welcome back
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 28, 2018
Welcome back InkPaperVodka.
Thanks for the bountiful updates.

Well done.

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Olawale118(m): 4:21pm On May 28, 2018
Vanessa is Roselyn's sister...how come Sotonye married two sisters. InkPaperVodka, pls come and answer

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Ann2012(f): 6:36pm On May 28, 2018
Welcome back ma'am
Thanks for the updates

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 28, 2018
smiley Sotonye didn't marry Vanessa, he only engaged her.
He used her simply because he was wealthy. Besides he doesn't know Vanessa and Tarila are related. Tarila or Roselyn rather didn't know she had a sister till she left Sotonye. Any other question?
Olawale118:
Vanessa is Roselyn's sister...how come Sotonye married two sisters. InkPaperVodka, pls come and answer
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Olawale118(m): 7:29pm On May 28, 2018
InkPaperVodka:
smiley Sotonye didn't marry Vanessa, he only engaged her.
He used her simply because he was wealthy. Besides he doesn't know Vanessa and Tarila are related. Tarila or Roselyn rather didn't know she had a sister till she left Sotonye. Any other question?
nope
Re: Saved By Amnesia by emperorblog(m): 8:11pm On May 28, 2018
READ MORE COOL AND INTERESTING STORY ON www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Arom21(f): 8:36pm On May 28, 2018
Very nice update... Weldone
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 28, 2018
Thanks for the updates. Keep it up.
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Favyo(f): 11:28am On May 29, 2018
Jesu! U mean this Roselyn was Tarila all along? Abasi kekere o! Anyway, who would doubt the related fooly? It's always been typical of her... Forgiveness and love indeed! Women shaa... Una matter don reach hellfire kpe! embarassed
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Favyo(f): 11:29am On May 29, 2018
Nice that u updated Inky.. Keep it rolling!
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Favyo(f): 11:46am On May 29, 2018
undecided kiss
Re: Saved By Amnesia by chisiudeh: 1:29pm On May 29, 2018
Soty you're mad . So its your right? You are lucky she didn't sedate you and cut off ur balls. You're a man just so you raise your hands and beat women.
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 29, 2018
Sotonye

The  minute the gate man let me into the compound my breath faltered.  Today I'm going to see the woman I've been searching for for months.  The woman I'd once been married to for years,  the woman who abandoned me.

The gate man rounded over to my window.  "Mr Dike isn't around sir" He told me. "That's okay, I'll just see his daughter. Is she in?" I asked.

The gate man nodded before returning back to his post.  I got out of the car and walked over to the main door.  Ringing the bell,  I waited.

The door came open, I watched the figure in disbelief. "So you're here at last,  I've been waiting for you" she smirked.

"Vanessa?" I stared in shock.

"Surprise, come in" she turned and walked away from the door.

"Vanessa what are you doing here?" I asked following her.

"In my father's house?" she asked her eyes crinkled amused by my question. "I think the question should be what are you doing here,  in my father's house?" She asked sitting on an arm chair.

I swallowed and looked around the house, so that's why she looked familiar. "You're Tarila?" I asked.

"Took you long enough to figure it out" She smirked.

"Why didn't you say anything, why did you come back?" I asked. I've been looking for Tarila all along and she's been right under my nose. 

"Sit, do I get you a drink or anything?" she asked. How can she be so casual about this,  she's my ex wife and she's been living under my roof with another man pretending not to know me.

"No I need you to tell me why you have been playing this freaking game of hide and seek for years. Why did you leave and why did you come back?" I asked.

She stood up and walked closer to me "Believe it or not Soty,  I'm not your enemy. I came back to protect you" she said looking directly into my eyes.

"To protect me? From what exactly, Vanessa don't lie to me. You've been nothing but mean to me from the moment we met.  Mean and cold" I said moving back.

"No.. I had to put up an act.  I came back when I found out your life was in danger.  Listen to me,  believe me" she said.

"What are you talking about, how is my life in danger?" I asked bewildered.

"Even when I left you at the hospital, I was keeping tabs on you.  I found out that your brother Tare was planning to kill you, and he was working with princess. There was no way I could warn you, so I waited... I decided to get involved with Alfred. Princess's brother, just to be closer to you.  I discovered that Princess had gone rogue on Tare and was planning to marry you, exploit you and leave with your money. Tare must have found out too,   so he hired Roselyn instead. Roselyn was sent to you to distract you, she's Tare's girl friend. If you doubt me, you can go to your brother's house in Abuja.  You will find your precious Roselyn there, making plans to end you once and for all" she said.

My head spun,  Vanessa had to be lying. There's no way Tare had hired Roselyn to..... "How do you know all these?" I asked Vanessa.

"I have eyes and ears everywhere" She shrugged. "Think about it Soty,  why would Roselyn pretend to be a stripper at a bar she owns. She knew you'd be there that night, the only reason she was in unilag was to get closer to Queen. And they were all able to fool you" Vanessa said.

I brought my hand to face, how could I have been so stupid.  Everything made sense now, Roselyn had deceived me.  She didn't ever love me,  she was only an instrument in Tare's plot. Hell,  she belongs to my younger brother. The woman I want to marry, wanted.

"And you Tarila, I heard you were dead. How did you become this,  Vanessa?" I asked.

"The accident was just a cover up,  so that your stupid, crazy, possessive brother would stop looking for me" Vanessa hissed.

I nodded and looked away. "Sotonye,  I'm the only one you can trust right now. I left you at the hospital for a reason, your accident was no accident. Princess and Tare had planned it, instead of dying you survived.  I'm sorry I left you, I'm here now. Everything will be fine now" she rested her head on my chest.

I pulled away and looked at her face "What about what you said to me at the hospital?" I asked.

"Whatever I said was an act,  forget it. Now you will listen to everything I tell you,  I want to protect you but I need you to follow everything I say" She looked into my eyes.

I looked at her for a while seeing nothing, all I could see was a picture of Roselyn in my mind. "I'll see you tomorrow Vanessa, I need to think" I said.

"That's fine,  I hope you make the right decision" Vanessa smiled. I couldn't smile back, I simply nodded and walked away.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 29, 2018
Roselyn

For two days now I've tried talking sense into this knuckle head hoping he'd see reason and stop this nonsense vendetta of his. How can a brother want to ruin his brother so bad?

Sotonye is clueless in this matter, I'm the only who can help him.  If I don't act fast,  I could lose him.  I need to leave this house and warn Sotonye.

Tare knocked jolting me out of my thoughts, "What is it?" I asked. "I'm going out soon, do you need anything?" he asked me.

I wanted to say no at first but then I thought better about it and cleared my throat. "Yes, a bottle of wine to keep me company. Nothing alcoholic though" I said.

"Okay, I'll be right back" he said. I took a deep breath and twisted my fingers in anticipation. If this works out, I can get out of here.  If it doesn't Tare's leash on me will simply become tighter.

I opened the bedroom door minutes later when he came back with the wine. "There's something wrong with the shower, could you check it out?" I asked him.

"Sure,  anything for you" he winked dropping the bottle of wine. He turned and walked to the bathroom, I picked up the bottle of wine  and swung it at him. The bottle connected with the back of his head and shattered. Tare groaned and fell to the floor, he was bleeding but not enough for me to rush him to the hospital.

I quickly searched his pocket and got out his phone and a bunch of keys.  Shoving the keys and the phone into my pocket, I ran out of the room.

I could run away and leave now,  but eventually Tare would get up and continue his search for me.  He knew what I looked like now and it would be easy for him, he would also continue plotting against Sotonye.

So I ran back into the room and pulled him by the legs till I got him out of the room.  He was too heavy for me to carry him all by myself, the only person around was the gate man. I couldn't call Vanessa because I didn't trust her anymore, she's allowed revenge to cloud her sense of reasoning.

I kept on pulling his legs till we got to the front door.  I tried three keys out of the bunch of keys to open the door before getting the right one. Then I shouted for the gate man, I think I heard Tare call him Bobo once.

"Bobo" I called again and he came rushing.

"Madam wettin happen?" he asked alarmed when he saw his boss.

"He fell,  he fell and he hit his head. Help me take him into the car let me rush him to the hospital" I said frantically hoping Tare didn't get up anytime soon.  He was still unconscious and bleeding.

"Madam, oga say make I no allow you leave this compound" Bobo protested.

"Do you want him to die?!" I shouted.

"No" Bobo shook his head before helping me carry Tare off to the car.

"We'll be back soon" I said taking out the keys from the door.  I locked the door before rushing to the car to open it with the car key.

"Abeg madam,  make Oga no die" Bobo said as I got into the driver's seat.

"Open the gate, don't worry. I'll take care of everything " I said and I meant it.  I'll take care of this mess once and for all.  After all the whole mess,  started because of me.

5 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 29, 2018
Roselyn

Tare woke up about an hour later when I was nursing the bruise at the back of his head. "What the fü.." he winced and tried to pull away but he couldn't because I'd cuffed his leg to the chair.

"If I were you I'll stay still" I said calmly.

"Tarila, what the hell do you think you're doing?" he growled.

"You might want to start calling me Roselyn" I hissed putting down the bottle of spirit down.

He must have noticed we were no longer at his house because he tried to pull away again before growling loudly. "Where the hell am I?" he shouted.

Spades, one of the VIP rooms, but I don't tell him that. "Somewhere no one will find you" I responded getting up from my seat.

"What do you think you're doing Tari, if I get out of here you won't like what I'll do to you" He glared at me.

"Really? And what will you do? In case you didn't know, I have security right outside. You're going no where, and let me remind you that you're cuffed. Your best option will be to listen to me" I said cocking my head to the side.

"I don't have anything to say to you, release me this instant. You have no idea what you're doing, if my friends don't find me. They'll assume something has happened to me, they'll think Sotonye is involved and they'll kill him. Release me this instant!" he yelled.

I handed him his phone "Call them, tell them that the plan is off" I said.

He laughed harshly "How dumb can you be? I'll just tell them they Roselyn Spades is keeping me hostage. They'll start searching for you, and when they find you I swear you won't like what would happen. I've been giving you options to redeem yourself but this time you won't have a choice" he said.

"They won't know where to find me, and if anything happens to Sotonye. I'm going to kill you, slowly" I promised.

"You wouldn't, you don't have the guts to" He frowned.

"We shall see, call out the number. I'll call them with your phone and you can speak to them" I decided.

He reluctantly called out the name on his contact list. I dialed Brazil and waited for it to ring.

'Hello T, where you dey? We don dey wait you na' Brazil spoke first.

"I dey with my bro and my girl" Tare replied.

'Soty' Brazil asked.

"Yes, we don settle everything. No need for plan B again" Tare said.

'Which kind talk be that, you no want make he die again? After all our effort, if to say he die that last time we try nko?' Brazil asked.

"No worry, I'll settle the guys. Just forget plan B" Tare said. Before Brazil could speak I ended the call.

"you tried to kill Sotonye before with the accident. But he didn't die, he lost his memory instead" I said.

"Yes" Tare agreed.

"I see...." I dropped his phone on the table and picked up mine that had been recording the conversation.

"I have everything recorded here, I'm going to send this to someone I trust. No, not Vanessa. Should anything happen to Soty or I, you will be found and exposed" I said.

His eyes widened and he glared openly at me. "Tarila, he had to pay for the death of our child. Everything he did to you, to your sister" Tare shouted.

"He has already paid enough, now is the time to end everything. Leave Vanessa to me, I'll handle her. As for you, your mother will be coming to see you when I leave" I eyed him.

"No!" he looked frightened, like a little boy again.

"Yes, she's going to see what a disappointment you turned out to be" I said before picking up his phone and walking out of the room.

The minute I got out of the room, Tare's phone received a text message. It was from Vanessa 'I've got Sotonye in a trap, I have a new plan. I'm going to need your help'
I swallowed hard, what does she mean by she's trapped him and what's the new plan.

I don't want to find out, I need to get my father. He's the only one that can help me with Vanessa.

5 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 29, 2018
This book will be ending soon
It's been dragging on too long, I want to say sorry for the delay and Thanks for your patience, questions and feedbacks. Despite the typos, delay and errors, you've kept on reading.
Thanks a lot.

Opinion polls!!!!

#1 out of all my three books, who's your favorite male character and why?

#2 your favorite female character and why?

#3 most hated male character and why?

#4 most hated female character and why?

#5 most odd character, why?

#6 favorite book out of the three.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) / 'my Names Are', Or 'my Name Is'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.