Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" (2432 Views)

Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically / Senate Presidency: Igbos Have Themselves To Blame For Voting Atiku— APC / The Latest Political Gimmick Called Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by saaron(m): 1:46pm On Apr 11, 2018
All the talk about Igbo Presidency is nothing but childish political DECEPTION to get votes. Never take them serious!
In any case, the Sabotage GEJ faced during his presidency is an eye opener. Terrorist in high places will use a terrorist group to frustrate any president from South East and South-South to make his leadership ungovernable.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by horsepower101: 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
dignity33:
The problem with Nigeria is tribalism if not why will Nigeria be agitating on which tribe the president come from , Awolowo who brought tribalism in Nigeria politics destroy one Nigeria, travel to somewhere like South Africa you will found out that many don't know the tribe of who is there president what every citizen want is who will lead them well and if you ask me I will said that igbos are the most detribalise Nigeria that is why the tribal politics play in this country affect them most, an average Igbo person want good governance to all Nigeria or Biafra not on what tribe a president come from.

This is the most important point most Nigerians fail to understand about Igbos...
Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by horsepower101: 1:51pm On Apr 11, 2018
saaron:
All the talk about Igbo Presidency is nothing but childish political DECEPTION to get votes. Never take them serious!
In any case, the Sabotage GEJ faced during his presidency is an eye opener. Terrorist in high places will use a terrorist group to frustrate any president from South East and South-South to make his leadership ungovernable.

Gbamm!!! GEJ presidency should be an eye opener for every wise Igbo. .

With Igbo presidency, the North will open the border for ISIS...lol

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by rainylad(f): 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2018
saaron:

You are very correct..Thats why restructuring or secession is the only way.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by horsepower101: 2:21pm On Apr 11, 2018
rainylad:

You are very correct..Thats why restructuring or secession is the only way.

At this point; I don't even see any hope in the so called restructuring. There are over 100 ideas on what restructuring should look like.

Restructuring now is just a buzz-word used to get votes and deceive the masses. It's a political pseudo pacifier.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by saaron(m): 2:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
horsepower101:

Gbamm!!! GEJ presidency should be an eye opener for every wise Igbo. .

With Igbo presidency, the North will open the border for ISIS...lol
Exactly. Anybody hoping for smooth Igbo presidency when it comes in this pathetic shiithole call Nigeria is a fool. Northern children have been groomed through Islamic doctrine to always resist the rule of infidels (Southern Presidents) with violence. They have been thought to regard Christian rule over muslims as HARAM. It is for this reason that no muslim will be punished for wronging a christian southerner. That was how the suspects who killed the shop owner in Kano were released. They were not released because they are innocent, they were released because [b] BY SHARIA LAW, A MUSLIM SHOULD NEVER BE PROSECUTED FOR CRIMES AGAINST INFEDELS.[/b]That is how they roll. They are just obeying their commandments. Is it any surprise that no Terrorist herdsmen have been prosecuted, jailed or sentenced to death for crimes against humanity? Is it any surprise that boko haram terrorist commanders are being released in secret under the guise of negotiation? These are not coincidence. These are the commands they have been brought up with right from childhood in their homes and mosques.
Infidels are beneath Muslims is what they are been programmed. Thus, naturally any Christian leader that rise to power will face stiff resistance in form of security challenge from them. They dealt with OBJ himself.
The media today reports that boko haram are against western education. It is a LIE! boko haram was not formed to attack western education. Boko haram was specifically formed to [b]RESIST THE RULE OF INFIDELS (Southern Christian Presidents) AND IMPOSITION OF SHARIA LAW IN NIGERIA! THESE ARE THE REAL OBJECTIVES OF BOKO HARAM and believe it or not, northern Muslims are in league with it!

Therefore any Igbo man out there nursing the presidency agenda and a smooth rude in Nigeria is just deceiving himself.
The only SOLUTION IS TOTAL DISSOLUTION OF NIGERIA. We have nothing in common with Northerners.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by horsepower101: 2:28pm On Apr 11, 2018
saaron:
Exactly. Anybody hoping for smooth Igbo presidency when it comes in this pathetic shiithole call Nigeria is a fool. Northern children have been groomed through Islamic doctrine to always resist the rule of infidels (Southern Presidents) with violence. They have been thought to regard Christian rule over muslims as HARAM. It is for this reason that no muslim will be punished for wronging a christian southerner. That was how the suspects who killed the shop owner in Kano were released. They were not released because they are innocent, they were released because BY SHARIA LAW, A MUSLIM SHOULD NOT BE PROSECUTED FOR CRIMES AGAINST INFEDELS[/b]That is how they roll. Is it any surprise that no Terrorist herdsmen have been prosecuted, jailed or sentenced to death for crimes against humanity? Is it any surprise that boko haram terrorist commanders are being released in secret under the guise of negotiation? These are not coincidence. This is what they are been thought on their mosques.
Infidels are beneath Muslims is what they are brought up. So naturally any Christian leader that rise to power will face security challenge from them. They dealt with OBJ himself. The media today reports that boko haram are against western education. It is a LIE! boko haram was not formed to attack western education. [b]Boko haram was specifically formed to RESIST THE RULE OF INFIDELS (Southern Christian Presidents) AND IMPOSITION OF SHARIA LAW!
THESE ARE THE REAL OBJECTIVES OF BOKO HARAM!

Therefore any Igbo man out there nursing the presidency agenda is just deceiving himself.
The only SOLUTION IS TOTAL DISSOLUTION OF NIGERIA. We have nothing in common with Northerners.

Well said.

In the past, I would have disagreed with you but When I saw the list of all the projects done by GEJ and realized that majority of them were in the North, I realized that there is no hope in Appeasing the North.

Even though GEJ did more for them, they still hated his guts..

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by wordcat(m): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2018
igbodefendercom:

But if you fix that car, it will drive you from Ibadan to Kano, to Port Harcourt to Igboukwu. Igbos, vote Buhari in 2019 to safeguard Igbo Presidency 2023.

With 1999 constitution, Igbo presidency is impossible
Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by saaron(m): 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2018
horsepower101:

Well said.

In the past, I would have disagreed with you but When I saw the list of all the projects done by GEJ and realized that majority of them were in the North, I realized that there is no hope in Appeasing the North.

Even though GEJ did more for them, they still hated his guts..
Believe me these people are not interest in economic progress and development of Nigeria. The only thing they care about is their Islamic Agenda which is; Total Imposition of Sharia in Nigeria! This is what they wake up with and sleep with. Even if they have to face economic turmoil like the recession buhari threw Nigeria into, they will gladly face it, as long as their agenda is on course.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by collinsfhk(m): 2:43pm On Apr 11, 2018
igbodefendercom:

But if you fix that car, it will drive you from Ibadan to Kano, to Port Harcourt to Igboukwu. Igbos, vote Buhari in 2019 to safeguard Igbo Presidency 2023.

Anyone that buys into this is a simpleton. Simple!

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by horsepower101: 2:50pm On Apr 11, 2018
collinsfhk:

Anyone that buys into this is a simpleton. Simple!

I really feel sorry for the guy because I want to believe that he is more intelligent than he is presenting himself to be on this forum.
Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by collinsfhk(m): 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2018
horsepower101:

I really feel sorry for the guy because I want to believe that he is more intelligent than he is presenting himself to be on this forum.

The fact is that those championing that farce are doing it for selfish reasons. Including OUK

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by ANOWEDGREAT: 3:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
horsepower101:
In the past, desperate igbo political jobbers and Nigerian politrickcians will use the promise of Igbo presidency to entice Igbo masses. That spell has been finally broken.

If you go to the public gatherings of igbos today especially the youth and ask them if they care about Igbo president. Overwhelming majority will say No.

The Igbo man is the most pragmatic man in Nigeria. He always assess the cost/benefit ratio in all his endeavors. When something is not making sense, he will try his best to warn the rest of Nigerians. But he has come to realize that they won't listen to him because of blind hatred.

He has looked at other regions that have produced the presidency in the past and realized that they are not better off. In fact various statistics that are from neutral sources show that igbos are actually doing better on average than most Nigerians.

The Igbo man has finally realized the fundamental truth as once said by Former Governor Peter Obi

"A car with a knocked engine will never move forward even if you put the best driver in the world in it"

Any one that is advocating for Igbos to vote for this bloodthirsty, power hungry jihadist is very very sick upstairs. A vote for buhari is a sure vote for the continuous ethnic cleansing of minorities in the north even including the Igbos if the pple of Benue state where slaughtered like cows after massively voting for buhari what is the guarantee that the same thing won't happen to the Igbo pple if they all agree to vote the tyrant?.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by GavelSlam: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
horsepower101:

Lol...The same buhari that voted against an Igbo man while voting for a fellow Fulani from Niger republic for African Union chair.

Don't be an ignoramus.
Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by horsepower101: 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2018
GavelSlam:

Don't be an ignoramus.

You are not making sense. What I stated is a verifiable fact.
Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by nku5: 4:44pm On Apr 11, 2018
Imagine voting for Buhari after python dance. Young harmless boys drowned in the mud. Alu!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by horsepower101: 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2018
nku5:
Imagine voting for Buhari after python dance. Alu!

Python dance in a region that the UN declared the safest in Nigeria. We need to deal with the sabos amongst us for real. Fck the presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by nku5: 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2018
horsepower101:

Python dance in a region that the UN declared the safest in Nigeria. We need to deal with the sabos amongst us for real. Fck the presidency.

The untold, secret number of Igbos killed in python dance on top of the other atrocities will be on buhari's head for life.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by phase1: 5:57pm On Apr 11, 2018
igbodefendercom:

Whether we get the Presidency in 2023 or not will depend on our conduct.

You want to 'conduct' yourself the way the fulanis and yorubas want you to?
Do fulanis 'conduct' themselves in the way Igbo wants to warrant Igbo votes?

You are an impersonator and a common identity thief who has no honour.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by obonujoker(m): 6:00pm On Apr 11, 2018
horsepower101:

Their main goal is the containment of igbos in Nigeria. They know that if a referendum was to be held today, igbos will be gone. So anyone that calls for a referendum becomes automatically a terrorist.

If Igbos go, ND will follow, do you want us to be islamized pls pls, we must all one Nigeria together..... grin
Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by horsepower101: 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2018
obonujoker:

If Igbos go, ND will follow, do you want us to be islamized pls pls, we must all one Nigeria together..... grin

I personally don't care for Niger deltans. Only Igbo people forcefully carved with you guys.

Anytime we offer a helping hand to Niger deltans, they accuse us of looking to steal their oil or grabbing their land.

At this point in my adult life, I have decided to only watch out for Igbo interest. The non-Igbo Niger deltans should just carry their wahala and go peacefully.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by Lightening: 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
phase1:

You want to 'conduct' yourself the way the fulanis and yorubas want you to?
Do fulanis 'conduct' themselves in the way Igbo wants to warrant Igbo votes.
You are an impersonator and a common identity thief who has no honour.

Please stop dignifying this nuisance with a response. Igbo presidency my foot.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by omohayek: 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2018
dignity33:
The problem with Nigeria is tribalism if not why will Nigeria be agitating on which tribe the president come from , Awolowo who brought tribalism in Nigeria politics destroy one Nigeria, travel to somewhere like South Africa you will found out that many don't know the tribe of who is there president what every citizen want is who will lead them well and if you ask me I will said that igbos are the most detribalise Nigeria that is why the tribal politics play in this country affect them most, an average Igbo person want good governance to all Nigeria or Biafra not on what tribe a president come from.
It says something about how blinded you are by tribal prejudice that you don't realize you're perpetuating the very same tribalism you claim to be criticizing, by perpetuating the ridiculous lie that Awolowo "brought tribalism in Nigeria politics". What exactly do you think Azikiwe was doing when he made the claim that "the God of Africa has specially created the Igbo nation to lead the children of Africa from the bondage of the ages" while speaking before the Igbo State Union in 1949? What was Charles Onyeama doing in 1945, when he said publicly - in Lagos, of all places - that "Igbo domination of Nigeria is only a matter of time"? Do you realize that Onyeama's public statement was the spur for the creation of not just Egbe Omo Oduduwa, but also the Edo Union, the Calabar Improvement League, the Ijaw Progressive Union and many other such groups? And was it evidence of Zik's tribalism-free nature that the very first thing he did after failing to obtain the premiership of the Western Region was to force out Eyo Ita, an Efik man, from the Eastern Region premiership?

That's the problem with you people: you're so sanctimonious and yet blatantly hypocritical, ever eager to take the mote out of someone else's eye while ignoring the tree-trunk poking out of your own. No one will ever take anything you have to say about tribalism, federalism, decentralization or secession seriously while you continue to ignore the preeminent role you've played in creating the very problems you now wail incessantly about while playing victim.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by horsepower101: 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2018
omohayek:

It says something about how blinded you are by tribal prejudice that you don't realize you're perpetuating the very same tribalism you claim to be criticizing, by perpetuating the ridiculous lie that Awolowo "brought tribalism in Nigeria politics". What exactly do you think Azikiwe was doing when he made the claim that "the God of Africa has specially created the Igbo nation to lead the children of Africa from the bondage of the ages" while speaking before the Igbo State Union in 1949? What was Charles Onyeama doing in 1945, when he said publicly - in Lagos, of all places - that "Igbo domination of Nigeria is only a matter of time"? Do you realize that Onyeama's public statement was the spur for the creation of not just Egbe Omo Oduduwa, but also the Edo Union, the Calabar Improvement League, the Ijaw Progressive Union and many other such groups? And was it evidence of Zik's tribalism-free nature that the very first thing he did after failing to obtain the premiership of the Western Region was to force out Eyo Ita, an Efik man, from the Eastern Region premiership?

That's the problem with you people: you're so sanctimonious and yet blatantly hypocritical, ever eager to take the mote out of someone else's eye while ignoring the tree-trunk poking out of your own. No one will ever have anything you have to say about tribalism, federalism, decentralization or secession seriously while you continue to ignore the preeminent role you've played in creating the very problems you now wail incessantly about while playing victim.

Where is your evidence? I am not accusing you of lying yet but I need proof of the above claims that you just made.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by omohayek: 8:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
horsepower101:

Where is your evidence? I am not accusing you of lying yet but I need proof of the above claims that you just made.
How hard is it for you to do a simple Google search to confirm all of these facts? And why haven't you bothered asking for similar "evidence" from the person I'm replying to? Let me guess: "evidence" is only required when something doesn't flatter the Igbo sense of victimhood and accusations of Yoruba calumny ...

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by horsepower101: 8:58pm On Apr 11, 2018
omohayek:

How hard is it for you to do a simple Google search to confirm all of these facts? And why haven't you bothered asking for similar "evidence" from the person I'm replying to? Let me guess: "evidence" is only required when something doesn't flatter the Igbo sense of victimhood and accusations of Yoruba calumny ...

When anyone makes a bold claim as you did, the onus is on them to provide evidence to back it up.

You cannot make a bold claim and tell someone who challenges you to go find the evidence...

I will not believe what you just wrote until you provide solid evidence to back it up.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
saaron:
Northern children have been groomed through Islamic doctrine to always resist the rule of infidels (Southern Presidents) with violence. They have been thought to regard Christian rule over muslims as HARAM.

Olusegun Obasanjo (SouthWest) - 8yrs
Musa Yaradua (NorthWest) - 2 yrs
Goodluck Jonathan (SouthSouth) - 6yrs
Moh'd Buhari (NorthWest) - 3yrs

SouthWest - 8
NorthWest - 5
SouthSouth -6

South - 14
North - 5

Since the return to democracy the south in general, has ruled far longer than the north in general. The north has several states, where christians are well represented; Kogi, Taraba, Borno, Adamawa, Gombe, Plateau, and Bauchi states.

These lies your pedaling are amongst the reason no easterner will rule Nigeria, except of course his wife is from an influential family in the north or west.

Nobody, i repeat nobody will give any eastern the presidency for free; so stop deceiving yourself thinking APC will ignore the southwest after all the pains and sacrifice to give the south east the presidency. Personally, the highest I would allow the south east is the deputy house or senate.

Traitors angry
Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 11, 2018
horsepower101:

This is the most important point most Nigerians fail to understand about Igbos...

Bullshit and rubbish. The average ibo man wants Nigeria with the exception of the south east set ablaze, all muslims killed even eastern muslims
and the survivors perpetually set in servitude like the osu.

The only time easterners are happy is when Nigerians are crying. so stop lying to yourself and demonstrate your hatred for the federal republic freely. We have grown in apathy regarding any issue from south eastern Nigeria.

Even the southsouth who feeds the country has never for one day, worked towards the disintegration of Nigeria with all the broken promises from the center.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by Igboid: 12:37am On Apr 12, 2018
horsepower101:

I personally don't care for Niger deltans. Only Igbo people forcefully carved with you guys.

Anytime we offer a helping hand to Niger deltans, they accuse us of looking to steal their oil or grabbing their land.

At this point in my adult life, I have decided to only watch out for Igbo interest. The non-Igbo Niger deltans should just carry their wahala and go peacefully.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by CSTR1003: 12:46am On Apr 12, 2018
TheCabal:

Olusegun Obasanjo (SouthWest) - 8yrs
Musa Yaradua (NorthWest) - 2 yrs
Goodluck Jonathan (SouthSouth) - 6yrs
Moh'd Buhari (NorthWest) - 3yrs

SouthWest - 8
NorthWest - 5
SouthSouth -6

South - 14
North - 5

Since the return to democracy the south in general, has ruled far longer than the north in general. The north has several states, where christians are well represented; Kogi, Taraba, Borno, Adamawa, Gombe, Plateau, and Bauchi states.

These lies your pedaling are amongst the reason no easterner will rule Nigeria, except of course his wife is from an influential family in the north or west.

Nobody, i repeat nobody will give any eastern the presidency for free; so stop deceiving yourself thinking APC will ignore the southwest after all the pains and sacrifice to give the south east the presidency. Personally, the highest I would allow the south east is the deputy house or senate.

Traitors angry
Please what pains did the SW endured for the APC.

If that is the case then why have the SE not gotten the presidency under the PDP despite voting for other presidents of other ethnic groups consistently?

You honestly believe the APC will give the SW the presidency after OBJ and osibanjo just because you voted for buhari. Is that not stupidity?

How feasible is that especially when we have 3 distinct southern regions.?

Besides, when and where did we betray you?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by DerideGull(m): 1:57am On Apr 12, 2018
gidgiddy:
A fool at 40 is a fool forever.

Please take it easy on our bros.
Re: Igbos Have Finally Realized The Political Gimmick Called "Igbo Presidency" by GavelSlam: 3:54am On Apr 12, 2018
horsepower101:

You are not making sense. What I stated is a verifiable fact.

It is not a fact.

It was brought up by those who love to twang your very brittle psyche like a banjo.

From the New York Times of 1983:

Both contenders refused to withdraw but neither won sufficient support, so, conference spokesmen said, an Assistant Secretary General, Peter Onu of Nigeria, was named Acting Secretary General until the dispute can be resolved. An Issue With Ideological Roots

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/06/13/world/african-unity-organization-ends-its-summit-gathering-in-disunity.html

You guys should learn to conduct research before accepting wild allegations which are only used to poison your minds.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking! Another Great Mobiliser Of Saraki Gone! A Legislative Aide Also Gone.. / Former President Obasanjo Talks About Atiku Flaws In New Twitter Post / Heroes In The Just Concluded Election in Edo State (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.