Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,218 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (77409 Views)

Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians? / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
That's good! So when someone who can provide scriptural references to prove a point says something, you need not argue since "you don't know the answer!" Well i've told you that these are the things Jesus promised US that the Holy Spirit will teach US, of course it can be proven with scriptural references but unbelievers will continue to say "the prophets(Hebrew~Aramaic scriptures) never said Elijah will come back and be named John the Baptist" even after giving all scriptural points to back up what Jesus said. Enoch Moses and Elijah are in (Hell or Sheol or Hades or Grave) They're Adam's descendants, they're all sinners and so they must die! Romans 3:23,6:23 Hebrews 11:13 Please show any right thinking person all these Bible quotations and ask him/her where could they be now?
so u believe in reincarnation shocked.. Is reincarnation(i tot u condemned heathen belief) biblical? U mean Elijah reincarnated as John? Ok, so before he came back as John, where was he?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 20, 2018
salvation101:
the blow is on you ooo. Show me where it was said that Enoch died. The bible said God transferred him so he shouldn't see death and you say he died. Is dat a lie?
Hmmmmmmmmm "Enoch was transferred so he shouldn't see death!" This has become another stumbling block when the Bible clearly said "all have sinned and fall short of God's glory" Romans 3:23 adding "the wages of sin is death" Romans 6:23 Hebrews 11:13 mentioned Enoch's name along with others and said "they all died" So why is it so difficult for you to believe that "Enoch shouldn't see death" simply means "Enoch should not EXPERIENCE death"? but since he's a descendant of Adam he's in his grave now just like all other descendants of Adam who's names were written in God's memory book! You've always uphold Jesus as God yet you can't understand that it's only Gods that could travel to and fro heaven and earth whereas Adam's children have fallen short of such glory due to sin inherited from Adam. Enoch died Ma and if you must know that's the reason why people marvel at the wisdom Jesus gave US to explain the sacred secrets so that they humble themselves to learn more from US,whereas ordinary stubborn lay men claiming Christians will say "i don't know" or "i can't explain"
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 6:51pm On May 20, 2018
salvation101:
its indeed alarming. Dat was how one speculated to d extent dat he said Jesus was Angel Michael shocked

All their beliefs are based on speculations
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 20, 2018
salvation101:
so u believe in reincarnation shocked.. Is reincarnation(i tot u condemned heathen belief) biblical? U mean Elijah reincarnated as John? Ok, so before he came back as John, where was he?
Osanobua! Are you disputing what Jesus said again? Well we don't believe in living twice(reincanation)Hebrews 9:27 And i'm not the person who said John was Elijah it was Jesus as in "Jesus Christ" the one you've been claiming is your Lord who told US that we shouldn't expect Elijah again as Malachi prophesied,we've seen and believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah He must explain to US why Malachi said Elijah must come first before the Messiah. That's why He answered saying John the Baptist has served that purpose!Malachi 5:4 compare to Matthew 11:7-15,17:10-13 If you're expecting everything to be written plainly then you can never become a Christian because we true Christians humbly bow whenever we come across wisdom!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 6:54pm On May 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
Hmmmmmmmmm "Enoch was transferred so he shouldn't see death!" This has become another stumbling block when the Bible clearly said "all have sinned and fall short of God's glory" Romans 3:23 adding "the wages of sin is death" Romans 6:23 Hebrews 11:13 mentioned Enoch's name along with others and said "they all died" So why is it so difficult for you to believe that "Enoch shouldn't see death" simply means "Enoch should not EXPERIENCE death"? but since he's a descendant of Adam he's in his grave now just like all other descendants of Adam who's names were written in God's memory book! You've always uphold Jesus as God yet you can't understand that it's only Gods that could travel to and fro heaven and earth whereas Adam's children have fallen short of such glory due to sin inherited from Adam. Enoch died Ma and if you must know that's the reason why people marvel at the wisdom Jesus gave US to explain the sacred secrets so that they humble themselves to learn more from US,whereas ordinary stubborn lay men claiming Christians will say "i don't know" or "i can't explain"

Show us where bible said Enoch, Elijah and Moses died and are in the grave.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 6:57pm On May 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
Osanobua! Are you disputing what Jesus said again? Well we don't believe in living twice(reincanation!Hebrews 9:27 And i'm not the person who said John was Elijah it was Jesus as in "Jesus Christ" the one you've been claiming is your Lord who told US that we shouldn't expect Elijah again as Malachi prophesied,we've seen and believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah He must explain to US why Malachi said Elijah must come first before the Messiah. That's why He answered saying John the Baptist has served that purpose!Malachi 5:4 compare to Matthew 11:7-15,17:10-13 If you're expecting everything to be written plainly then you can never become a Christian because we true Christians humbly bow whenever we come across wisdom!

Ewo. Haaaaaa shocked shocked. John the Baptist is Elijah reincarnated? Wow. Is this new light?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 20, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Show us where bible said Enoch, Elijah and Moses died and are in the grave.
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
when you say all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, does that all also includes Jesus Christ? He was a man too.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 20, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Ewo. Haaaaaa shocked shocked. John the Baptist is Elijah reincarnated? Wow. Is this new light?
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
Osanobua! Are you disputing what Jesus said again? Well we don't believe in living twice(reincanation)Hebrews 9:27 And i'm not the person who said John was Elijah it was Jesus as in "Jesus Christ" the one you've been claiming is your Lord who told US that we shouldn't expect Elijah again as Malachi prophesied,we've seen and believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah He must explain to US why Malachi said Elijah must come first before the Messiah. That's why He answered saying John the Baptist has served that purpose!Malachi 5:4 compare to Matthew 11:7-15,17:10-13 If you're expecting everything to be written plainly then you can never become a Christian because we true Christians humbly bow whenever we come across wisdom!
in all ur readings, you refused to read Luke 1:17 sebi?
17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”
Elisha also had dat same spirit does it mean Elisha (2king 2:15) was Elijah reincarnated?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 20, 2018
salvation101:
when you say all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, does that all also includes Jesus Christ? He was a man too.
Yes He was a man too but not born through reproduction from Adam that's why He was declared Holy and sinless before His birth! Luke 1:34,35
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 20, 2018
enimooko:
such as rapture, hellfire, demonic magic, tithing, acceptance of homosexuality and gay priests, re-incarnation, immortality, purgatory, limbo, instant salvation, kingdom of God commercialized, Christmas, Easter, birthdays, new year celebration, sanctification of two world wars......please add your sins to the list. You are adequately informed and warned.

Tell us one event or one doctrine that is pagan or UN-scriptural done or approved by Jesus Christ or the first century Christian
but u believe reincarnation wch is a doctrine of heathen cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
Yes He was a man too but not born through reproduction from Adam that's why He was declared Holy and sinless before His birth! Luke 1:34,35
no ooo. If we are to go with ur logic, Paul didn't put a distinction, he said "All".. I guess u now see why dat logic won't help ur argument
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 20, 2018
salvation101:
in all ur readings, you refused to read Luke 1:17 sebi?
17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”
Elisha also had dat same spirit does it mean Elisha (2king 2:15) was Elijah reincarnated?
If you want to learn i've told you not to start twisting or mixing things up as Pharisees did otherwise God's Holy Spirit could be offended.Sin against God's Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven! If you mock me it's understandable because i'm just a man like you as you can perceive but please! please!! please!!! don't mock God's word! Go straight to your question and if my answer isn't satisfying ignore me and walk away,mocking what you yourself read in God's word just because you want to oppose Jehovah's witnesses can't benefit nor lead you anywhere! Well Elijah and Elisha were different persons and don't forget that "they were contemporaries" even the most stupid and confused dullard amongst those who believe in reincarnation will know that's not possible!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:36pm On May 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
tongue tongue tongue
At the end of the day it's just in your imagination and never written in the Bible. Wow. An organization that says every thing they believe is in the Bible yet not one thing they believe in is written down in the Bible. Lol
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 20, 2018
salvation101:
no ooo. If we are to go with ur logic, Paul didn't put a distinction, he said "All".. I guess u now see why dat logic won't help ur argument
Paul wrote many letters and he always address himself as a "slave of Jesus" all those who knew Paul heard how he was chosen as an Apostle directly from heaven by none other than the resurrected Jesus Christ! He need not make any distinction because all Christians knew that Jesus is the ONLY sinless person who ever walked this Earth! Please if you're asking all these from a sincere heart it's fine works but if you're only doing so to disapprove something know today that there's nothing you can disapprove in "true Christianity" unless you decide to ignore the Bible!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 20, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

At the end of the day it's just in your imagination and never written in the Bible. Wow. An organization that says every thing they believe is in the Bible yet not one thing they believe in is written down in the Bible. Lol
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
If you want to learn i've told you not to start twisting or mixing things up as Pharisees did otherwise God's Holy Spirit could be offended.Sin against God's Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven! If you mock me it's understandable because i'm just a man like you as you can perceive but please! please!! please!!! don't mock God's word! Go straight to your question and if my answer isn't satisfying ignore me and walk away,mocking what you yourself read in God's word just because you want to oppose Jehovah's witnesses can't benefit nor lead you anywhere! Well Elijah and Elisha were different persons and don't forget that "they were contemporaries" even the most stupid and confused dullard amongst those who believe in reincarnation will know that's not possible!
well, reincarnation goes against what the word of God teaches. It is appointed unto man once to die and after that judgment. The Spirit on Elijah was passed to Elisha but Gehazi was not able to get that spirit. It is even on record that a dead man who was thrown in d same tomb where Elisha was laid rose back from the dead. Dat was the spirit dat rested on John the Baptist. Why did you think Jesus submitted himself to be Baptisted by John the Baptist?
On the mount of transfiguration, Elijah still appeared(not John the Baptist ooo), the disciples of Jesus knew John the Baptist but dey identified the person who appeared together with Moses at d Mount of transfiguration as Elijah and not John.. Take note. Elijah wouldn't still be existing as Elijah if he had reincarnated and came back to die as John.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by OneJ: 8:06pm On May 20, 2018
[quote author=PastorAIO post=67699883]

The way you ducked my question is very suspicious. I didn't ask about any individuals. I asked if you could shed light about the JW organisation and it's attitude to pedophilia. Automatically you go on the defensive. This suggests that you are hiding something.

I have been studying the JW for a few months now and uncovered some very disturbing issues. It is a damning indictment on you that you do not consider this 'important questions'.

I have heard tales of cover ups within the organisation. And also tales of mind control at an institutional level. Not individuals but the organisation itself. Even going back as far as the proclivities of the founder of the organisation.

Again I ask you, please, can you shed light on pedophilia and how it is handled within the JW organisation?[/quote
@PastorAIO: Jehovah's witnesses are known globally to be honest,law abiding & Godfearing Christians. However, many persons &various groups oppose JW & choose to use the internet to malign Jehovah's name & His servants. Such individuals & groups distort & misrepresent facts & events in a bid to spread outright falsehood & lies about JW. (Our opposers lied that JW don't pray, believe in Christ, etc .). JW have NOTHING to hide. To hear from the horse's mouth, Pls visit jw.org, to know us better & learn more. Pls take ur time to read & digest this info below. (The main theme is "Let us Abhor what is wicked". pls pay special attention to the subheading "what of a child molester"wink. Pls access the link : wol.jw.org/ase/wol/d/r266/Ip-asl/ 1997003
(Pls feel free to come back here to tell everyone what U found out there). Shalom
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 20, 2018
salvation101:
well, reincarnation goes against what the word of God teaches. It is appointed unto man once to die and after that judgment. The Spirit on Elijah was passed to Elisha but Gehazi was not able to get that spirit. It is even on record that a dead man who was thrown in d same tomb where Elisha was laid rose back from the dead. Dat was the spirit dat rested on John the Baptist. Why did you think Jesus submitted himself to be Baptisted by John the Baptist?
On the mount of transfiguration, Elijah still appeared(not John the Baptist ooo), the disciples of Jesus knew John the Baptist but dey identified the person who appeared together with Moses at d Mount of transfiguration as Elijah and not John.. Take note. Elijah wouldn't still be existing as Elijah if he had reincarnated and came back to die as John.
We're Jehovah's witnesses my friend, every dedicated and baptized member MUST read through the 1189 chapters and the 31,102 verses of the Bible.So we're familiar with all the STORIES. What we need to preach and teach God's word effectively is much more than just the stories, it's the points to establish sacred secrets that those who only depend on stories can't comprehend! Enoch,Moses and Elijah are sleeping in their grave right now since they're also Adam's descendants and death has spread to them as well because we're all sinners! Romans 5:12 So demanding for a scripture that will pointedly state that Enoch and Elijah died and were buried is tantamount to disbelieving the Bible in totality because God said Adam must return to dust and that's what has been happening to all his children. Moses died and was buried by Angels so that nobody knew his grave till today! God knew when he died,how he died,where he was buried and when he will be resurrected so HE who knew all these can also decide not to allow someone experience the terrible and horrific pains of death or allow his people feel the pain of watching their beloved one lowered down into the ground.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
We're Jehovah's witnesses my friend, every dedicated and baptized member MUST read through the 1189 chapters and the 31,102 verses of the Bible.So we're familiar with all the STORIES. What we need to preach and teach God's word effectively is much more than just the stories, it's the points to establish sacred secrets that those who only depend on stories can't comprehend! Enoch,Moses and Elijah are sleeping in their grave right now since they're also Adam's descendants and death has spread to them as well because we're all sinners! Romans 5:12 So demanding for a scripture that will pointedly state that Enoch and Elijah died and were buried is tantamount to disbelieving the Bible in totality because God said Adam must return to dust and that's what has been happening to all his children. Moses died and was buried by Angels so that nobody knew his grave till today! God knew when he died,how he died,where he was buried and when he will be resurrected so HE who knew all these can also decide not to allow someone experience the terrible and horrific pains of death or allow his people feel the pain of watching their beloved one lowered down into the ground.
well, i read through the entire Bible with study plan for the first time in 2009.when i did it, it wasn't out of compulsion or legalistic rule but out of a sincere desire to know more about God. And dat was not the last time i did that.. You said all men must die but there are records of men who didn't die. Enoch is just one. How do u explain Melchisedek, the priest who Abraham paid a tithe to? Bible clearly says he didn't av a beginning or an end. U are talking about being humble to learn, you are actually the one who is not willing to learn something new as u assume dat wat u av known is d truth. Where would you say Melchisedek is right now? Heaven or grave?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 11:22pm On May 20, 2018
Jozzy4:

Your reasoning lacks merit, Everybody will be equal to Christ and his Father as well ?

God will forever have authority over Christ - 1 Cor 15:28

And you deliberately turn aside the point EVEN WHEN KNOWING what is being said.

Explain the things I said that made you draw the conclusion bolded.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:27am On May 21, 2018
salvation101:
well, i read through the entire Bible with study plan for the first time in 2009.when i did it, it wasn't out of compulsion or legalistic rule but out of a sincere desire to know more about God. And dat was not the last time i did that.. You said all men must die but there are records of men who didn't die. Enoch is just one. How do u explain Melchisedek, the priest who Abraham paid a tithe to? Bible clearly says he didn't av a beginning or an end. U are talking about being humble to learn, you are actually the one who is not willing to learn something new as u assume dat wat u av known is d truth. Where would you say Melchisedek is right now? Heaven or grave?
A real mathematician should be able to solve mathematical equations my friend,You said you read the Bible out of "a desire" but let me tell you today that it's not so in Christianity,you MUST read the whole Bible and INCULCATE in your children what you read,it's "a compulsory and legalistic rule" from God to all those who desire to practice pure worship(Deuteronomy 6:6,7) so a true Christian should be able to answer that your question EASILY! Melchizedek has NO GENEALOGY(Hebrews 7:2,3) meaning He's not one born from Adam's descendants, so Melchizedek is Sinless(Holy)and therefore He's above death which spread to all men(Adam's offspring)! If you're willing to learn Melchizedek is the same person that was transformed into Mary's womb (Jesus) He was God in human form! John 1:1 This are part of the things the Holy Spirit is teaching true Christians. John 14:26 Please i on my part will tell you i learnt all this from my own teachers for knowledge is what you can acquire by learning but the wisdom(ability to apply understanding to what you learn) is from above and God ONLY grant to those who are humble that Spirit of WISDOM!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 8:35am On May 21, 2018
Riofidelio:
A real mathematician should be able to solve mathematical equations my friend,You said you read the Bible out of "a desire" but let me tell you today that it's not so in Christianity,you MUST read the whole Bible and INCULCATE in your children what you read,it's "a compulsory and legalistic rule" from God to all those who desire to practice pure worship(Deuteronomy 6:6,7) so a true Christian should be able to answer that your question EASILY! Melchizedek has NO GENEALOGY(Hebrews 7:2,3) meaning He's not one born from Adam's descendants, so Melchizedek is Sinless(Holy)and therefore He's above death which spread to all men(Adam's offspring)! If you're willing to learn Melchizedek is the same person that was transformed into Mary's womb (Jesus) He was God in human form! John 1:1 This are part of the things the Holy Spirit is teaching true Christians. John 14:26 Please i on my part will tell you i learnt all this from my own teachers for knowledge is what you can acquire by learning but the wisdom(ability to apply understanding to what you learn) is from above and God ONLY grant to those who are humble that Spirit of WISDOM!
its nice seeing you separate some men now from your initial "all have sinned".
Talking about legalistic and compulsory rule, that is where the problem begins. You end up reducing studying the word of God to just a mere ritual. U end up producing head knowledge without heart knowledge. The Pharisees and saducees had head knowledge of the whole law from Genesis to malachi, dey can recite it off hand. But the word was not in their hearts.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:32am On May 21, 2018
salvation101:
Talking about legalistic and compulsory rule, that is where the problem begins. You end up reducing studying the word of God to just a mere ritual. U end up producing head knowledge without heart knowledge. The Pharisees and saducees had head knowledge of the whole law from Genesis to malachi, dey can recite it off hand. But the word was not in their hearts.
Nope! The Pharisees and other teachers of the law during that time knew the whole scriptures(the stories) and they do give themselves high religious titles but one thing they failed to do is HUMBLE themselves when Jesus upon whom the Spirit of wisdom is came to them! So just like most people today have religious titles e.g Pastor,Reverend,Prophet,Apostle,Bishop,Dr e.t.c this people won't humble themselves whenever they realize that someone is wiser than them in God's words,on the other hand true Christians are widely known in their neighborhood with NO religious titles! Matthew 23:8 So when true Christians are given the Spirit of wisdom to make "practical applications of the accumulated information they have". False Christians go about looking for magical powers to exalt themselves due to their self acclaimed religious titles so they've got nothing to offer to their followers, that's why none of them and their numerous followers is up and doing in the work of the Lord!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:50am On May 21, 2018
salvation101:
It's nice making comparisons, because it will help you see clearly who are today's Pharisees and who are today's Christians! Of course both of them can quote the scriptures off hand but while the Christians will quote and work along with their Faith due to the Spirit of wisdom granted them,Pharisees will also quote the scriptures but lacking motivation because they're just teaching the doctrines that's COMMON amongst men! Mark 7:7,8 That's why when a Christian is talking, anyone with a sincere heart will truly be motivated to ACT. Act 26:28 Many people will tell US "i love to become one of you but can't i do so without carrying the bag?" Surely there is always the motivation to join in doing fine works when listening to a Christian!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:39am On May 21, 2018
Riofidelio:
Nope! The Pharisees and other teachers of the law during that time knew the whole scriptures(the stories) and they do give themselves high religious titles but one thing they failed to do is HUMBLE themselves when Jesus upon whom the Spirit of wisdom is came to them! So just like most people today have religious titles e.g Pastor,Reverend,Prophet,Apostle,Bishop,Dr e.t.c this people won't humble themselves whenever they realize that someone is wiser than them in God's words,on the other hand true Christians are widely known in their neighborhood with NO religious titles! Matthew 23:8 So when true Christians are given the Spirit of wisdom to make "practical applications of the accumulated information they have". False Christians go about looking for magical powers to exalt themselves due to their self acclaimed religious titles so they've got nothing to offer to their followers, that's why none of them and their numerous followers is up and doing in the work of the Lord!
if we are to go by legalistic rule, then Pharisees would best describe ur folks. Legalism is not a new testament way but the way of the law.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:45am On May 21, 2018
Riofidelio:
It's nice making comparisons, because it will help you see clearly who are today's Pharisees and who are today's Christians! Of course both of them can quote the scriptures off hand but while the Christians will quote and work along with their Faith due to the Spirit of wisdom granted them,Pharisees will also quote the scriptures but lacking motivation because they're just teaching the doctrines that's COMMON amongst men! Mark 7:7,8 That's why when a Christian is talking, anyone with a sincere heart will truly be motivated to ACT. Act 26:28 Many people will tell US "i love to become one of you but can't i do so without carrying the bag?" Surely there is always the motivation to join in doing fine works when listening to a Christian!
Pharisees actually teach the law and were custodian of the law. They were legalistic. If we are to compare that with wat happens today, a sincere individual would know who the Pharisees are. For example, you jw aren't allowed to have a personal interpretation of the scripture except the interpretation ur society gives, in fact thinking about the word of God on ur own understanding is a sign of backsliding according to JW.
Wat is in the bible u r trying to hide? Why must one read d Bible according to how watchtower society wants it to be read and not how he wants to read it? These are just signs of Legalism
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by OneJ: 12:46pm On May 21, 2018
salvation101:
Pharisees actually teach the law and were custodian of the law. They were legalistic. If we are to compare that with wat happens today, a sincere individual would know who the Pharisees are. For example, you jw aren't allowed to have a personal interpretation of the scripture except the interpretation ur society gives, in fact thinking about the word of God on ur own understanding is a sign of backsliding according to JW.
Wat is in the bible u r trying to hide? Why must one read d Bible according to how watchtower society wants it to be read and not how he wants to read it? These are just signs of Legalism
@Salvation 101: Would apostles John& Peter be preaching a different sermon from what Jesus taught? Peter get him own church? Paul get him own church? Why did the 1st century christians seek clarification & direction from the Apostles& Older men in Jerusalem ? Unlike ur pastorpreneurs who run one man business empires (COZA, TREM,RCCG etc), the 1st century Christians were united under the direction of the governing body of Apostles & Older men in Jerusalem ,thru God's holy spirit. (JW follow the same model & principle set down by Christ followers,Humility& Unity is their watchword. JW's view God's word the Bible as ONLY source of authority for their beliefs). U guys get it all twisted & very confused because una no wan know & una no gree to follow God's word. Pls read the bible book of Acts & stop exposing ur ignorance .
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 21, 2018
salvation101:
Hmmmmmmmmm if you're still dwelling on the teachings of those divided followers of Catholicism called Protestants you can't understand Jesus' words at all. These people are divided because none of them is willing to humbly accept discipline, that's why Jesus likens them to goats! Remember goats don't follow orders,each goat goes on it's own stubborn mission immediately it's grown. That's very unlike the sheep that are always moving humbly towards the same direction. You said we're not allowed to draw conclusions about what the Bible is saying, yes it's true and it's the reason we're unitedly practicing the same thing globally unlike your own people who aren't ORGANISED and end up having no legalistic rule, if you're willing to know that's why Jesus said your numerous Pastors who feels each one can twist the Bible to start personal business leading to contradicting doctrines won't see God's Kingdom because they've rendered God's word (Bible) lawless in the sight of pagans. Matthew 7:21-23

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (86) (Reply)

Here's Why I Choose To Remain In COZA - Lady / El-rufai Demolished Churches In Kaduna States (photos) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On 5G: Lagos And Abuja Shut By FG For Installation Of 5G

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.