Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ (16936 Views)

Nathan Sharibu, Leah’s Father To Ahmed Salkida: You Know Where My Daughter Is / Presidency Disowns Akeredolu Over Planned ‘Marijuana Business’ / Ahmad Salkida Says ISWAP Behind Attack That Killed Over 100 Nigerian Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 15, 2018
opribo:

There is no other motive, that's what he was reported to have said.
Government is a continuous process so whether bubu is there or not the federal government would still do what it has to do to secure our own. Why the emphasis on bubu if that is not what is meant. Learn to read in between the lines, you will discover alot bro.
lol as if every government doesn't choose it's own battles. Let's even start with last government and their response to this same issue. You might choose to see negatives in every sentence a government makes. It's ur call

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ by Jones4190(m): 9:41am On Apr 15, 2018
Goodluck Jonathan said he spent N10 billion on the 2ND Niger-bridge, but what was found at the project site as at January, 2015 was just the architectural design of the proposed bridge. It means that, Goodluck Jonathan spent N10 billion to build the 2ND Niger-bridge on paper.

Two of the attached pictures show Goodluck Jonathan inspecting the second Niger-bridge on paper. While the other three attached pictures show the ongoing work on the 2ND Niger-bridge under the administration of President Mohammadu Buhari.

It is important to also note that Goodluck Jonathan awarded the 2ND Niger-bridge project to Julius Berger at the cost of N138 billion.

President Buhari redesigned the 2ND Niger-bridge to be a state-of-the-art bridge with railway line and reduced the cost of construction from N138 billion to N108 billion. Thereby, PMB saved N30 billion for Nigeria.

It is interesting to note that Julius Berger is now working round the clock on the project. That is to say, President Mohammadu Buhari is building the 2nd Niger-bridge not on papers but in reality.

I ask; who is the true brother and friend to the Igbos?

Between Goodluck Jonathan and Mohammed Buhari, who is the trustworthy leader? Who is the leader that has the interest of his nation at heart?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ by Slate80(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2018
14Ebisco:
The Presidency has dismissed Ahmed Salkida’s latest information that only 15 of the remaining 113 abducted Chibok schoolgirls in captivity of Boko Haram were believed to be alive.

Sakilda, a Nigerian journalist believed to be based in Dubai and self-acclaimed negotiator in the Chibok girls saga, had made this disclosure in a series of tweets posted on his handle, @ContactSalkida, on Saturday.

He said the 15 surviving girls had been married off, “indoctrinated and might no longer be interested in returning home.

Salkida, who claimed to be part of the negotiating team for the release of the girls since the era of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration, enjoined the Buhari administration to ‘’demand for proof of life, as it carries out negotiations to secure the release of the remaining girls still in captivity”.

However, Malam Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, debunked Salkida’s claims in a statement in Abuja on Saturday.

The presidential aide stated that Salkida was neither involved in the processes that resulted in the release of the over 100 Chibok girls nor in the ongoing efforts to secure the release of the remaining Chibok girls in captivity.

He said: ““Following the numerous press enquiries on the information contained in the series of tweets by Mr Ahmed Salkida, we wish to reiterate that the information is not known to the officials of this administration either from the captors of the Chibok girls or the international intercessors who are working with us.

“”We wish to confirm that Mr Salkida is not involved, on behalf of the Nigerian government in the processes leading to the release of the over 100 Chibok Girls that have returned to their families, so far , and is not involved in the current processes to secure the release of those still held in captivity.’’

It would be recalled that President Buhari had on Friday reassured the parents of the school girls, that were abducted from Government Girls Secondary School Chibok, Borno, that “their daughters will never be forgotten or abandoned to their fate”.

The President, in a statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, in Abuja, noted that despite four long years since they were taken away by terrorists the government would continue its efforts to ensure their safe return to their respective homes.

He joined the Borno government, parents of the children and Nigerians in commemorating the fourth anniversary of the sad incident.

He also noted that the recovery of more than 100 of the girls that were kidnapped through the Federal Government’s determined effort should give confidence that all “hope is not lost’”.

The President re-affirmed that the government remained focused and determined to see the girls return to their homes.

He, therefore, urged the parents to be expectant of more good news in due course.

“We are concerned and aware that it is taking long to bring the rest of our daughters back home, but be assured that this administration is doing its very best to free the girls from their captors.

“Unfortunately, the negotiations between the government and Boko Haram suffered some unexpected setbacks, owing mainly to a lack of agreement among their abductors, whose internal differences have led to a divergence of voices regarding the outcome of the talks.

“We know that this is not the news parents want to hear after four whole years of waiting, but we want to be as honest as possible with you.

“However, this government is not relenting. We will continue to persist, and the parents should please not give up.

”Don’t give up hope of seeing our daughters back home again. Don’t lose faith in this government’s ability to fulfill our promise of reuniting you with our daughters.

“Don’t imagine for a moment that we have forgotten about our daughters or that we consider their freedom a lost course,’’ the President said.

According to him, as long as he remains the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces the Chibok girls will never be forgotten and all will be done to have them reunited with their families.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/p residency-disowns-salkida-says-his.html

When a govt is all talk and propaganda without any feaseble action attached then you know they have nothing left to offer but the main point is not that,but whether the citizens know that,are willing to demand for more and putting in people who will give them more.
Re: Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ by opribo(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2018
silastemplar:
lol as if every government doesn't choose it's own battles. Let's even start with last government and their response to this same issue. You might choose to see negatives in every sentence a government makes. It's ur call

Responsible government officials choose their words carefully in order not to convey any misconceptions.
You will agree with me if we are to go by the utterances of some of these present government officials then you will understand why there is so much suspicion and doubt over their sincerity of purpose as regards to this matter.
Recall, a governor once said the Chibok girls would be found in the fullness of time.

Those of us who read in between the lines believe strongly that that fullness of time was the emergence of bubu as president. Therefore, it comes to reasoning that this same comment by the aide to the president means as such. See your children again if and only if bubu is re elected, period.
Re: Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 15, 2018
opribo:

Responsible government officials choose their words carefully in order not to convey any misconceptions.
You will agree with me if we are to go by the utterances of some of these present government officials then you will understand why there is so much suspicion and doubt over their sincerity of purpose as regards to this matter.
Recall, a governor once said the Chibok girls would be found in the fullness of time.

Those of us who read in between the lines believe strongly that that fullness of time was the emergence of bubu as president. Therefore, it comes to reasoning that this same comment by the aide to the president means as such. See your children again if and only if bubu is re elected, period.
udo..to each his own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ by inoki247: 10:02am On Apr 15, 2018
happinesssssssss:

When u fall victim one day, u will know d pain, and u most fall victim b4 u die in Jesus name.
mumu must u quote me if u jobless go to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th service at Daystar Christian Center,, na south west i dey nd we dont use our self to play politics.... so if u are pained about my comment go 2 d nearest river and say some me death
Re: Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 15, 2018
I wish Lai muhammed was on this thread. He needs to see how his lies and bad mouth has ruined his principal. Maybe he will now repent and start saying the truth.
Re: Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ by Emycord: 11:33am On Apr 15, 2018
Re: Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:36am On Apr 15, 2018
if you ask me, na wetin i go answer? enough of these lies and talks...soon the truth will unfold...weda 15 die or 115 remains no wahala. .we are watching n waiting for their return and release
Re: Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ by chrisb2r200: 11:42am On Apr 15, 2018
Sorry to say...but after all this publications some northerners will still be foolish to vote buhari...lord what did I do to deserve living with people who share different and strange mentality from mine
Re: Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ by gidjah(m): 2:37pm On Apr 15, 2018
Like play like plau, those chibok kids have vanished o!! I really doubt if they shall ever be found good, honestly, uncle Fisher man messed up on this chibok matter .he didnt handle it well from day one, he was so weak and incompetent to rule this nation, se where iy has lead us to in 2018, no hope on returning this girls...if you hqve ever missed a loved one on the grounds that he is missing in action, you would understand this saga .....I have a missing brother in the Nigeria Army and still searching for him so I understand how this get played. then uncle daura buharu came along and added to the mess on ground, we taugh hes gonna salvage d situation on ground ...alas!! Bros added to the spoilt matter with his high level of bigotry and nepotism in display chei !!! Naija leaders and lack of conscience and insensitivity laced with unpatriotic behavior!!!! God shall surely help d helpless
Re: Presidency Disowns Salkida, Says His Information Is `fake’ by smileyoo: 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2018
Suko110:

Insensitivity is their watchword, even with d laxity they speak on issues, all hope in dis govt is gone.
but their zombies still 've hope on them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila Visits Zamfara Over Insecurity (Photos) / Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune / Make Sure Another G5 Emerges For APC To Win In 2027, Akpabio Tells Wike (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.