Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

How “no Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage, 6yrs after I'm still single - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How “no Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage, 6yrs after I'm still single (6030 Views)

How Open Marriage Destroyed My Marriage. / "I Cannot Believe I'm Still Single" - Lady Shares Bikini Photos, Gets Epic Reply / We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: How “no Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage, 6yrs after I'm still single by CarlosTheJackal: 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2018
pweshboi:
The fictional story was good and intriguing though... But how many Nigerian girls can do this?
That's why it's a fiction
Re: How “no Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage, 6yrs after I'm still single by amInigerian: 12:30am On Apr 19, 2018
Nnaabros:
At this point, I didn’t care who he would have sex with if only that would make him stay off me till our honeymoon.

For a week, we lived in the same room but talked less to each other. He was always angry with me. What a way to start a married life. I was determined. To me, that was the right thing to do. The church frowns on sex before marriage, not that I also frown on it, I had a different motivation. I wanted the first sex to be unforgettable. I was saving my best for last and for no one but him. So why was he rushing?
Then one night things got worse. Martin came home with a friend. He was too drunk he couldn’t have made it home without the help of his friend. We had spent two arduous months together. I was sad for him. “Is he going through all that because of sex?” I asked myself. I left him in the coach till he woke up at dawn and came to sleep next to me. He was smelling like a rotten fish. I couldn’t stand it so I woke up, picked a pillow and started walking away to sleep in the coach. He pulled me over and tried forcing himself on me. We’ve been through this tussle over and over again and I always won. I was used to it. This time, something was different. He was stronger and determined.

We struggled and fought for about fifteen minutes. He seemed to get stronger by the minutes while I was losing steam. He managed to tear off my pant and held my two hands apart with his two hands. We were both left with our legs to struggle with. I got tired and realized I couldn’t fight any longer. I kept my calm. He sensed the victory and quickly dashed over to have me. That was when I raised my right knee and unfortunately, my knee caught him in the balls. He fell over and screamed out loud. He suddenly got frozen. I’ve never been scared in my life. I thought I had killed him. I tried calming him down but he kept whining in pains. Neighbors who heard him screaming started knocking on our door. I rushed to put on a dress and opened up the door. It was very embarrassing seeing neighbors in my room trying to help him regain his calm. After a lot of going up and down, he regained his calm. We were left alone.

The next morning, he packed what he had in the house and left. I didn’t ask him any question. I feared he might hit me. I left to my parent. I kept playing out the incidence in my mind over and over again. I kept asking myself; “Did I take this no sex thing too far.” I believe I did. He never picked my calls for three days. My parent and I went to meet him and his parent to try and resolve the issue but he didn’t listen to a word of what we had to say. All he said was he wanted a divorce. Two weeks later, his parent and other family members came over to dissolve the marriage.
That was it. My marriage lasted for only two and half months. What breaks my heart is the fact that I gave sex to those who didn’t deserve it. They had sex and left anyway. This one—Martin did everything right but I allowed fear to take over my senses. Recently, I heard from another pastor saying that traditional marriage is also marriage and sex is allowed after traditional marriage. If that was true, how stupid could I be? I was married and I didn’t even know it?

Three and half years after our break-up, I attended a wedding—Martin’s wedding with another lady I knew so well. I’m here, still single after six years of our breakup. Guess what, I had a boyfriend. We had sex but the relationship didn’t go well so we broke up. Back to single again.

This tragedy is because people do not read the bible anymore but hang on to every word that comes out of (not the mouth of God) but the mouth of their pastor.

And there is death therein.

If this culture (of putting God's word first above whatever interpretation a pastor wants to give it as we were taught while growing up) was firmly in place, it would have been seen that the traditional marriage is marriage in the sight of God because the Jews never had church weddings.

They had marriage according to their tradition and customs and God recognized it as marriage (once the families had consented, and the required customs had been satisfied).

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Urinates On A Table After Getting Drunk. See What A Lady Did. Photos / NEW XMAS FASHION??. CAN YOU WEAR THIS AT CHRISTMAS TO RECEIVE VISITORS? / Funny User/screen Names U Have Seen On Nl/romance Section.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.