Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,609 members, 7,955,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer (23045 Views)

Olanipekun, Osinbajo’s Brother, Keyamo, 15 Others To Defend Buhari’s Victory / Veterinary Doctor Reacts With A Cow To Buhari's Comments On Nigerian Youths / Zahra Buhari Comments On Her Father's Health Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by McTony30(m): 9:49am On Apr 20, 2018
sirequity:

If a video to t
idris4eva post=66869699:
Buhari keeps making femi job harder as days goes by
his effect had not emerged this guys could have denied the president ever made such statement.
i don't think any youth should vote for this old cargo

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by santos012(m): 9:50am On Apr 20, 2018
Nigeria never existed nonsense.
Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by JideAmuGiaka: 9:52am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:
Let the useless people go to hell. Most Nigerian youths are lazy idiots that prefer to watch big brother. if they werent lazy they would have taken time to know the difference between 'a lot of' and 'all'

Buhari till 2023!

If I say that a lot of your family members are lunatics, will you prefer it to 'all your family members are lunatics?

Waiting for your answer.

4 Likes

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by goodmanjustice: 9:57am On Apr 20, 2018
sirequity:

Source: https://www.headlineng.com/attempt-defend-buharis-comments-youths-imbecilic-lawyer/

I am not a Buhari fan, but I'll say we are taking this a little too far, making it look like a case of giving a dog a bad name and hanging it. To start with, the noun phrase "a lot" is a quantifier used to mean many of or much of. The speaker did not say "all", which means the whole number of. Moving ahead, the speaker did not say a good number of the youths are lazy, he said, in a paraphrase, that they argue that since Nigeria is an oil producing country they should get health care and all free. This does not mean they are not working. Do not forget that the reference is to a good portion of the youths, not all.

In any case, we the youths are passing through much ordeal than this perceived verbal insult. I hawked all manner of things to see myslf through the secondary sch, in hunger i obtained a BA, in anticipation i obtained a pgde, hope led me to invest all my earnings to acquire an MA at UI 3yrs ago, yet i teach in a sec sch with a very very laughable take home...u see, any one who says or even implies that people like me are lazy would have his mouth infected with boils that would fester and breed worms oozing acrid odour attracting flies from all angles, and this would only be the begining of the person's punishment. Tell me what they have done to help the youths, i mean those who really need the help. The anger I bear for this country is so pent up that if it surges forth, I'll single handedly take down those chasms standing on my way in what would culminate into an amagedomistic catastrophe. If I sound incoherent, blame it on my shattered heart which gives room for streams of consciousness. The supposed verbal abuse is not the problem, this govt has rubbed us of joy and has mortgaged our future
Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by greenprince(m): 10:00am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:

Thats how you fail exams. Even 30% is a lot. it doesnt have to be most

Are you sane?
If you score 30% in a test, you answered a lot correctly right?

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by greenprince(m): 10:02am On Apr 20, 2018
Mannie92:

Ladies and gentlemen abduljabbar4 is a proof that man can survive without brain

He should be presented as a patent. We could win a Nobel prize in medicine for the noble discovery. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by ebenholer(m): 10:03am On Apr 20, 2018
Such statement signifies the beginning of failure for mr President but unfortunately we don't have a viable replacement for him come 2019; the present people vying for presidency are either unknown in record of good performance or in the realm of impact making even in their states of oringin
Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by itsene: 10:09am On Apr 20, 2018
Effiong needs decency and manners.
Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by Sanctecosma(m): 10:09am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:
Let the useless people go to hell. Most Nigerian youths are lazy idiots that prefer to watch big brother. if they werent lazy they would have taken time to know the difference between 'a lot of' and 'all'

Buhari till 2023!

I don't blame you Mr man. How can I when it's obvious that you're one of the many insensitive hypocrites that benefit from the crumbs that fall from Buhari's table. Like my elders would say, 'ihere adighi eme onye ara kama obu umunne ya Ka o na-eme". Atuoro omaru, o mara, a tuoro ofeke, ofenye isi n,ofia".

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by Sanctecosma(m): 10:12am On Apr 20, 2018
sirequity:

Source: https://www.headlineng.com/attempt-defend-buharis-comments-youths-imbecilic-lawyer/

You know, when I first heard this, I couldn't help but imagined myself trying to shriek from the crowd listening to buhari's speech. Oh! What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by greenprince(m): 10:13am On Apr 20, 2018
Jones4190:
President Buhari is just too blunt....

Now let's look at these established findings;

1) Do you know that over 65 million youths are illiterates in Nigeria – UNESCO, 2017

2) Nigeria also leads in the world's uneducated children - Newsweek, 2017

Nigeria has 'largest number of children out-of-school' in the world - BBC, 2017

Fact check;
You can hate Buhari, but the truth is that he stated the obvious and again, what is already known around the world. You should understand by now that PMB is not like any typical politician and because of that, he says things the way they are. He is just honest to a fault. It may not be diplomatically okay considering the environment of such communication.

Mr A has 10 children and 3 are illiterates.
Mr B has 2 children and all 2 are illiterates.

Mr A has a higher number of illiterate children but a far lesser percentage. Go and tell Unesco or BBC to modify whatever statistical system they use. I grew up in the north and can tell you this may hold there, but down south, even in my relatively remote village septuagenarians can read and write legibly not to talk of the youths.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:

Buhari till 2023!
so sad dat you are bearing a Muslim name. idiot. buhari till 2023 go carry him enter idiot. if you are not lazy you would not take all ya time coming to nairaland

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by technuel: 10:17am On Apr 20, 2018
Any body defending Buhari is a fool Meanwhile visit www.propsvila.com to list your properties for free

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:

Buhari till 2023!
see you you have wastetd 2 month on nairaland and you are not lazy foolish boy

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by eiete(f): 10:29am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:

Buhari till 2023!

Nairaland come and see the person Buhari was referring to.

Your father should go and ask for a refund for the school fees he paid for you.

#Buharimustgo2019

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by ebenholer(m): 10:30am On Apr 20, 2018
goodmanjustice:

I am not a Buhari fan, but I'll say we are taking this a little too far, making it look like a case of giving a dog a bad name and hanging it. To start with, the noun phrase "a lot" is a quantifier used to mean many of or much of. The speaker did not say "all", which means the whole number of. Moving ahead, the speaker did not say a good number of the youths are lazy, he said, in a paraphrase, that they argue that since Nigeria is an oil producing country they should get health care and all free. This does not mean they are not working. Do not forget that the reference is to a good portion of the youths, not all.

In any case, we the youths are passing through much ordeal than this perceived verbal insult. I hawked all manner of things to see myslf through the secondary sch, in hunger i obtained a BA, in anticipation i obtained a pgde, hope led me to invest all my earnings to acquire an MA at UI 3yrs ago, yet i teach in a sec sch with a very very laughable take home...u see, any one who says or even implies that people like me are lazy would have his mouth infected with boils that would fester and breed worms oozing acrid odour attracting flies from all angles, and this would only be the begining of the person's punishment. Tell me what they have done to help the youths, i mean those who really need the help. The anger I bear for this country is so pent up that if it surges forth, I'll single handedly take down those chasms standing on my way in what would culminate into an amagedomistic catastrophe. If I sound incoherent, blame it on my shattered heart which gives room for streams of consciousness. The supposed verbal abuse is not the problem, this govt has rubbed us of joy and has mortgaged our future
To add to your take on this, I think mr president got it all wrong, a lot of nigeria youth are not at all lazy. Carrying a simple statistical evaluation will even prove to us that the nigeria youth overwork inorder to earn a living all over the world, so calling them lazy people is a misuse of word.

2 Likes

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by DidierDrogba: 10:31am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:

Buhari till 2023!
your stupidity keep advancing

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by Ladokun12(m): 10:33am On Apr 20, 2018
sirequity:

If a video to this effect had not emerged this guys could have denied the president ever made such statement.
foolhari asslickers

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by Timidaves: 10:35am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:

Buhari till 2023!
Stupid comment...some ppl jst comment without thinking.all work no play makes jack a dull boy. Watching bbnaija doesn't make u lazy so far it falls into your leisure time even when u read books they say there should be time for leisute and play. Or u want to say your daily routine is wake-up - work - eat - sleep everyday without having leisure time

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by boxypane(m): 10:36am On Apr 20, 2018
Chai..... This is what d President was referring to. Social media in d wrong hands...
Most NOT All.
Most refer to d Yahoo boys who keeps embarrassing our nation.
Most are graduates who won't work but stay at home feeding from mummies pot.
Most refer to political thugs across d country who keeps winding on d penny they get from politicians.
Most are ones who still follow the ideology of IBB OR OBJ.
Most are wailers who don't see wat we would have been under Jonathan if he had won.
Most are those who are religious fanatics who cause trouble on the streets and incite hatred on line.
My piece.
Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by estine17: 10:49am On Apr 20, 2018
It is unfortunate that we have such persons as our leader in this country. It shows that he is not even informed of the level of unemployment in the country occasioned by our leaders misplaced priorities, looting, nepotism, favouritism and several other vices being perpetuated against the citizenry in general and the youth in particular. What a pity, What a pity, What a pity.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by emperormossad(m): 10:50am On Apr 20, 2018
Well I dropped my opinion on a similar thread yesterday.
All well and good.
But I still assert that it is easier impeaching him than defeating him at the polls.
Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by Juliusdking(m): 10:54am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:

Buhari till 2023!
na mumu u go be till you die

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by josephcletus(m): 11:03am On Apr 20, 2018
if only this Daura President can take a walk to the "ever busy" Ikeja-Along....... or maybe a morning stroll (6-11 am) to the ghetto-like Ketu market,to see how #ThelazyNigeriaYouths carry excess load for buyers just to earn 300..
rain or no rain,sun or no sun,harmattan or no harmattan, the working spirit never dies

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by Bizibi(m): 11:13am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:

It seems like you never take your time to read magazines. Do you have any idea on the number of graduates that have refused to learn any skill simply because they think they are too big for it? Come to Northern Nigeria. How many of us care about school? Its only a hypocrite who lovea mouth servicing and prefers self-deception tgat finds fault in Babas statement
mtcheeeeew!!!!
I hate sycophants that don't reason atall and you re one of em.....

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by midehi2(f): 11:16am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:

Buhari that made this your "a lot" statement, does his brain even understand this your explanation? If he says "a lot" his common sense to him means "all"

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by Ayobami97(m): 11:29am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:

Buhari till 2023!
I'm sure you're from Tunisia.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by Ayobami97(m): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:

30% is a lot?
You're so uninteresting.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by Ayobami97(m): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2018
midehi2:

Buhari that made this your "a lot" statement, does his brain even understand this your explanation? If he says "a lot" his common sense to him means "all"
I wonder o.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by Jomark(m): 11:36am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:

You are wrong. a lot is a largd quantity and buhari aided the statement by saying above 60% which means he knows what he said. he is a fool

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by Scientist7: 11:40am On Apr 20, 2018
Sirjamo:
You just have to know how many Nigerian youths are either on death row or serving jail times in other people's country for peddling drugs and other criminal activities to agree with pmb. Even if he had attempted to paint us white before the world, it wouldn't have worked, they already know we are black.

Do you know that many more are working really hard in legit businesses in those countries. Baba committed a blunder, end of story.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer by feek07: 11:41am On Apr 20, 2018
abduljabbar4:

Buhari till 2023!

bros, it seems you don't know what you are talking about or is it because of the peanut that one of the political thieves use to give to you that makes you lost your mind , have you forgotten that the same people are the ones killing young peoples effort , why are nigerian youths(professionals) not making it in nigeria until they find their way out of the country?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund / Real Pictures : Re: Osun APC Presidential Rally / Peter Obi: Labour Party Now Mass Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.