Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner (26847 Views)

Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation / 60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response / Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Islie: 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2018
By Muritala Ayinla 

Lagos State government yesterday raised the alarm over the increasing cases of housewives who now batter their husbands. The Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Adeniji Kazeem, who said this while briefing journalists on the score card of his ministry in the last one year, said no fewer than 138 of such cases were reported to the agency in charge of domestic violence.

Kazeem also said that the state Mobile courts arraigned 8,380 offenders for flouting the Road Traffic Law which included parking on walkways and yellow lines, use of BRT corridor, commuters and conductors hanging on the tailboards of moving vehicles, driving against traffic, etc.

The commissioner said that a total number of 1,771 cases were reported during the period under review while violence against men had increased to 38. He said: “Ministry has noted an increase in report of domestic abuse against men.

To date, the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team (DSVRT) has received a total number of 138 cases in this regard. Overall, a total number of 1,771 cases were reported during the period under review.”

In the year under review, the commissioner added that the efficiency of the Mobile Court had been further acknowledged through collaboration with the police, Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), Rapid Response Squad (RRS), Lagos State Transport Management Agency (LASTMA) and others upon requests by these institutions.

He added: “In comparison with the previous year’s figure of 4,426 offenders who were arraigned before the court, 8,380 offenders were arraigned before the court in the year under review for offences under the Road Traffic Law which include parking on walkway and yellow lines, use of BRT corridor, commuters and conductors hanging on the tailboards of moving vehicles, driving against traffic etc.”

The Attorney General said government received and treated 11,451 cases through the Special Task Force Against Land Grabbers, DSVRT and the Special Offences (Mobile) Court in the last one year.

He said government also received 316 inquiries through the recently unveiled first stateowned DNA and Forensic Centre with 71 active cases currently ongoing bordering on homicide, rape, toxicology, child trafficking, serology, among others.

According to Kazeem, the Anti-Land Grabbers Task Force designed by the present administration to fight the menace of forceful take-over of properties, received 1,300 petitions out of which 855 were concluded and 530 currently at various stages of resolution.

He added: “In the period under review, over 35 arrests of suspected notorious land grabbers were effected while 26 criminal prosecution cases against suspected land grabbers are presently ongoing.”

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/04/more-lagos-wives-beat-husbands-says-commissioner/

1 Like

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 20, 2018
The commissioner said that a total number of 1,771 cases were reported during the period under review while violence against men had increased to 38. He said: “Ministry has noted an increase in report of domestic abuse against men.

And some foolish sets of confused ladies under the umbrella of feminism are already viewing this thread without saying anything but when it's the other way round, you'll see them masturbating uncontrollably in this thread till it gets to page 69 e.g Ladyhippolyta88...

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 12:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
feminists gonna avoid this thread like fire...
when a man batters a woman he is called weak, woman beater and beast so what are ladies who carry out domestic abuse against their husbands going to be called

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by THUNDER4real(m): 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
This is what feminism causes: Teaching foolish women how to scatter their homes...

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by BlackPantherxXx: 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2018

"Father Lord, save me from the daughters of Jezebel"

I like fat gals too much & I hope i won't be crushed one day

sad

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2018
JasonScolari:

And some foolish sets of confused ladies under the umbrella of feminism are already viewing this thread without saying anything but when it's the other way round, you'll see them masturbating uncontrollably in this thread till it gets to page 69 e.g Ladyhippolyta88...

Respect yourself old man angry
And don't you dare try to get unnecessary attention from me.
You don't tell me where and when I should contribute to a topic. angry

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Respect yourself old man angry
And don't you dare try to get unnecessary attention from me.
You don't tell me where and when I should contribute to a topic. angry
Shut tha furck up Hippo, you've been morally bankrupt by this bullshit feminism. Allow me to redeem you of this slavery.

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2018
JasonScolari:
Shut tha furck up Hippo, you've been morally bankrupt by this bullshit feminism. Allow me to redeem you of this slavery.
I don't have time to exchange words with you but I would advise you to try and have sense.
Quoting me would not give you the attention you are looking for just try to ignore me and let me do same.
Respect yourself.
You can quote me again and I promise never to reply any of your mentions from now on and if I do you are free to call me a coward.
I could careless about your opinions.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

I don't have time to exchange words with you but I would advise you to try and have sense.
Quoting me would not give you the attention you are looking for just try to ignore me and let me do same.
Respect yourself.
You can quote me again and I promise never to reply any of your mentions from now on and if I do you are free to call me a coward.
So funny how the hypocritical hippo seeks safety in lightness, weightless and undulating flight, but when it's the other way round, you turn into a bald headed ugly vulture. You already know that you are a coward, a big one at that. Break yourself free from the feminism slavery. Go out and engage in meaningful discussions and never you swim deep into stupidity again. I never intimidate but i don't tolerate stupidity.

Adios!

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
when a man batters a woman he is called weak, woman beater and beast so what are ladies who carry out domestic abuse against their husbands going to be called

Oh well, when a man batters a woman, 'menist' tell women to watch their mouths. I expect them to say same when the table turns, rather they start calling on feminist.

Till people start seeing domestic violence from a non-gender based perspective...the blame game will continue.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by IamD18: 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2018
AntiBrutus:

Oh well, when a man batters a woman, 'menist' tell women to women to watch their mouths. I expect them to say same when the table turns, rather they start calling on feminist.

So we should tell men to watch their mouth in cases like this? Like, do you sometimes know how you sound when you try to protect feminists? Why making caricature of yourself?

Don't you know that a lady can indirectly make a joke of herself while trying to sound smart.

If you want to comment that the men should watch their mouth to avoid being abused by women, feel free to comment that, don't do that through another person's comment, be bold to come real, do it yourself let's know how cool it will sound

AntiBrutus:

Till people start seeing domestic violence from a non-gender based perspective...the blame game will continue.

Stop trying to sound neutral for us to overlook your feminism support, be real, be brave.

What exactly is holding you from condemning women in cases like this? Will you die if you support the truth?

Here you are, forming neutral and urging people to stop seeing domestic violence from gender-based perspective, while deep inside you, you and your female cohort will still blame a man for abusing a woman, but will expect a man to play gentle when being abused by a woman.

Condemn women who abuses men, let the devil be ashamed that people still say the truth.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2018
IamD18:

So we should tell men to watch their mouth in cases like this? Like, do you sometimes know how you sound when you try protect feminists? Why making caricature of yourself?

Don't you know that a lady can indirectly make a joke of herself while trying to sound smart.

If you want to comment that the men should watch their mouth to avoid being abused by women, feel free to comment that, don't do that through another person's comment, be bold to come real, do it yourself let's know how cool it will sound

Stop trying to sound neutral for us to overlook your feminism support, be real, be brave.

What exactly is holding you from condemning women in cases like this? Will you die if you support the truth?

Here you are, forming neutral and urging people to stop seeing domestic violence from gender-based perspective, while deep inside you, you and your female cohort will still blame a man for abusing a woman, but will expect a man to play gentle when being abused by a woman.

Condemn women who abuses men, let the devil be ashamed that people still say the truth.

Okay

7 Likes

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2018
AntiBrutus:

Oh well, when a man batters a woman, 'menist' tell women to watch their mouths. I expect them to say same when the table turns, rather they start calling on feminist.

is that all you've to say

6 Likes

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Respect yourself.

you've time oh.... if it were me I'd just ignore him cox most nairaland guys are stupid and misogynists

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

is that all you've to say

Yes... grin grin
In reply to your post though

1 Like

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
AntiBrutus:

Yes... grin grin
In reply to your post though

No Biggie..
you didn't visit BBN thread today?
I'm sure maky is there, haven't seen her today smiley
Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

No Biggie..
you didn't visit BBN thread today?
I'm sure maky is there, haven't seen her today smiley

Alright dearie.
The show is coming to an end, tempers are rising.
The attacks and counter attacks there is something else, I no get that kind energy. Plus I no want ban, I just dey jump and pass... cheesy
She might be there, I will check.

2 Likes

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

you've time oh.... if it were me I'd just ignore him cox most nairaland guys are stupid and misogynists
The person behind that monicker is obviously an immature person despite his age.
If he is not looking for attention he would stop mentioning me up and down as if I am the only person that identifies with feminism on this forum.If I say something you don't like tell me in a respectful manner but the dunderhead nincompoop would spew insults before making a meaningful statement.
I have added him to the list of the trolls I have started to ignore on this forum.If you don't like my post you are free to hug the transformer.

Thank you by the way.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by lenghtinny(m): 4:46pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

They will still call the poor man a weak man angry

The wives are called strong and independent women

15 Likes

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 20, 2018
Lol, i only wish you well. smiley
Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Thegeneralqueen(f): 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2018
JasonScolari:
Lol, i only wish you well. smiley

4 Likes

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by ReinaFarine: 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
JasonScolari:

I don't know where NL guys get the idea that feminism is a movement geared to support or protect the female gender. But I'll love to read that documentary. Feminism believes criminals should be punished irrespective of gender.

No feminist will codedly support abuse from any gender and mete on any gender. Case in point Cee-c vs. Tobi verbal abuse debacle two days ago.

But it seems you're getting something twisted.

What the commissioner meant was the number of female domestic abusers is on the rise. Not that there are more female abusers than male abusers. If out of 1,771 domestic violence cases, 138 have women as the perpetrators then the ration of male to female abusers is easily 11 : 1.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2018
ReinaFarine:

I don't know where NL guys get the idea that feminism is a movement geared to support or protect the female gender. But I'll love to read that documentary. Feminism believes criminals should be punished irrespective of gender.

No feminist will codedly support abuse from any gender and mete on any gender. Case in point Cee-c vs. Tobi verbal abuse debacle two days ago.

But it seems you're getting something twisted.

What the commissioner meant was the number of female domestic abusers is on the rise. Not that there are more female abusers than male abusers. If out of 1,771 domestic violence cases, 138 have women as the perpetrators then the ration of male to female abusers is easily 11 : 1.

First of all, i totally got the statistic the commissioner rolled out, secondly, i don't have time for the big brother bullshit, and i understand perfectly what/who feminist stands for But the infamous, small-mindedness, one sided and useless sets of foolish nairaland feminist are the worst peddlers of feminism. It's either they're in one thread in a hot-blooded manner discriminating the male folks or look for a way to attack any severe criticism coming from the opposite gender.

So my dear, NL guys knows what a true and unbiased feminist stands for, not these group of NL morons.

25 Likes

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by MistadeRegal(m): 10:50pm On Apr 20, 2018
Domestic violence is a product of marrying for pleasure not love. When you marry for love even, you have to be careful and know how to build the 'love' over the years so that it won't die down to disgust and hatred. But when you're with the right partner, it won't die.

2 Likes

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by DoTheNeedful: 11:41pm On Apr 20, 2018
The second picture is very funny grin

2 Likes

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by trapQ: 11:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
grin
Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Tnicemario(m): 11:44pm On Apr 20, 2018
we are not lazy

5 Likes

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by Martinola(m): 11:46pm On Apr 20, 2018
Small tym nw, dem go say any man wey beat im wyf na animal (agreed) wyf wey com dey beat im husband nko? wetin dat wan be?

6 Likes

Re: More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner by nabegibeg: 11:47pm On Apr 20, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? / Man Rents Out Wife’s Room, Relocates Her To The Parlour / John Fatoye Is Missing. Works In Lekki (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.