Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

. - Politics (616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (582942 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
Eastlink:
You didn't add your name to list. I think you're a key personality to that feat. You all deserve the accolades despite the antics of the foreign bodies trying to destroy the thread.

Dalu nwanne. I forgot to add yours too.
We all contributed our quota.
Because of how successful this thread has been, Ndi Yoruba has gone to ressurect their own thread grin
This thread is now the longest active thread in politics section of NL, the presence of those detractors and those who Igbo unity is like a dagger to their hearts here, have definitely helped to keep this thread relevant. We expect them to continue to help us keep this thread alive and kicking. Mmili malu ugo na asa ugo aru.

Deme.

3 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
Mountainside road, good scenery

4 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2020
Amazing!

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
More

1 Like

Re: . by ABAthug: 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
Abia state is back with a thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5557646/abia-state-updates-developments-pictures

Chef2000 aka nnewisuper aka ChocolateHigh aka okpalanambra, please come to our Abia thread we are Abia brothers
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
Obodo na mma

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2020
We have got to a town known as Obeagu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
Obeagu, Awgu LGA Enugu state.

3 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2020
Obeagu amaka, with a brand new road under construction

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2020
ckenneths:
Mountainside road, good scenery

Is this Mmaku too?
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
Bia fulu ezigbo drainage system di okay grin

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
ckenneths:
We have got to a town known as Obeagu.

There seem to be two Obeagu in Enugu.
One is in Enugu South, a sister town to Amaechi Awkunanaw. And then this Obeagu in Awgu.

I have been to Obeagu in Awkunanaw, but not the Awgu one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
pazienza:

Is this Mmaku too?

Yes, Mmaku.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2020
pazienza:

There seem to be two Obeagu in Enugu.
One is in Enugu South, a sister town to Amaechi Awkunanaw. And then this Obeagu in Awgu.

I have been to Obeagu in Awkunanaw, but not the Awgu one.

Yes, I know Obeagu Awkunanaw. Between Amaechi and Amodu towns.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
ckenneths:

Yes, Mmaku.

Beautiful.

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
Very long and winding road being constructed at Obeagu Awgu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
This is the end of the tarred section, but they are still working on it.

2 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
More of Obeagu Awgu

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
Serious effort in building this road.......

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
Going

1 Like

Re: . by mr11(m): 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
pazienza:

Nwanna, what part of Anioma are you from, and why are you disappointed?

NB: Not everyone here is Igbo. We have many impostors here whose greatest fear is unity of all Igbo speaking clans. Don't take to heart any bad words people here spew at you or Anioma, they don't represent views of genuine and well informed Igbos.
I'm from Ndokwa .

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
More

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
Will be back.
Re: . by mr11(m): 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ndibunna:

Don't be disappointed please.

Anioma said they are not Igbos.

According to lauretta Onochie Anioma is an ethnic group same way Igbo is an ethnic group.

According to one of her Facebook post whenever you see Anioma men or women you will exactly know the differences between them and Igbos.
so because that mad woman said so?who doesn't know that she's mad.you people comments here about Anioma is really disappointing.

2 Likes

Re: . by XANDERBOY85: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2020
ckenneths:
More

Just serene and beautiful! It’s this type of vast open topography that’s good for going hiking....and is part of what attracts tourists!

All that’s needed to kickstart eco-tourism is peace, security and a welcoming/friendly population. This we have in abundance! smiley

2 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
Anyi abatago Achi

2 Likes

Re: . by ABAthug: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
Only in Abia state that we have nothing to show. Tufia
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
Veterinary school, Achi.

Re: . by ABAthug: 5:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
Fire outbreak at Ogbete main market Enugu

Spyder088 please call fire service

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
mr11:
I'm from Ndokwa .

Ndokwa, be Ali nwa Chukwuma.

Nnaa nnoo. But you must know that alot of our people from Ndokwa had disgraced and humiliated Ndiigbo from the past, both online and offline.
You can imagine a situation where an Igbo from South East sees a Chukwuemeke from Ndokwa and try to call him a fellow Igbo, only for Chukwuemeke to start insulting the Igbo man for calling him Igbo, accusing him of trying to steal ndokwa land, tell him that Igbos are thieves and greedy people, and therefore, Ndokwa a holy people cannot be Igbo.

I belong to Ndokwa facebook page, and I know the type of unprovoked Igbo bashing posts some Ndokwa people make there, they insult and denigrate Ndiigbo everyday.
See a thread an Ndokwa son opened on Nairaland sometime ago, he is still active in NL today https://www.nairaland.com/1362294/abohs-delta-state-not-igbos

A former Super mod in NL here, Ishilove or so they called her, an Ndokwa daughter, was also violently Igbophobic and never missed any opportunity to denigrate Ndiigbo here, any time we tried to count Ndokwa/Ukwuani as Igbo.

After 50years (1970-2019) of this gross abuse, many Igbos have grown detached from your Ndokwa people, some like me are even growing a big resentment and hate for your people as well, because let's face it, we are not Jesus and can't continue to show love to a group of people who show only strong hate towards us for 50yrs counting now, just because we tried to extend hand of kinship to them.

Of course, I am well aware of the fact that we have Igbophillic Ndokwa people, even here on Nairaland we use to have an Igbo veteran here those days called "CHYZ", (not to be mistaken for the current impostor going by a similar name).
One of the admins of Proudly Anioma , Proudly Igbo group , a man I respect alot is also an Ndokwa man, Ali Chukwuma, remains my most favorite Igbo musician, he lived and died an Igbo man, yet he was from Ndokwa, Aboh to be precise .
Problem is that those of you on the Igbophobic side greatly outnumber those on the Igbophillic side. It's a bit disheartening.

While you are right to be angry with lukewarm and even standoffish Igbo attitude towards Ndokwa/Ukwuani today, you must also recognize the fact that it's only but a reaction to the barrages of non stop abuse many of your brothers have subjected us under for 50yrs now.

So to stop the reaction, you will first have to stop the action, and this will take a very long time to achieve.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by horsepower101: 5:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
mr11:
so because that mad woman said so?who doesn't know that she's mad.you people comments here about Anioma is really disappointing.

Anioma (the beautiful land) is igbo and will remain so till eternity. I will not let those suffering from identity crisis change how I see my Anioma brethren.
BUT
For people like you that are confident and proud of your origins, you and other reasonable folks from Anioma areas need to challenge those pushing anti-igbo sentiments and suffering from igbo denialism and severe identity crisis.

The man who carried out the coup that led to the suffering of igbos today in Nigeria is an Anioma son and most importantly he is Igbo and we fully embraced him and shed our blood for our brother.

To later find out that some people from the same village that he is from among other clans in Anioma denies anything to do with the rest of Ndigbo, feels like a big betrayal to other igbos especially those from the south east.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.