Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

. - Politics (630) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (582955 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 9:06am On Jan 09, 2020
Obosi, Anambra

10 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 9:07am On Jan 09, 2020
Agbor, Anioma

8 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 9:08am On Jan 09, 2020
Agbor, Nnukwu Obodo

8 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 9:09am On Jan 09, 2020
Anyi abatago

5 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 9:10am On Jan 09, 2020
Irikata nri, igbaa oso grin

8 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 9:11am On Jan 09, 2020
Umunede, Anioma

4 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 9:12am On Jan 09, 2020
Umu nne anyi ndi mba mmiri, anyi na ekene !

8 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 9:14am On Jan 09, 2020
Issele ukwu, Anioma

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 09, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:
[s][/s]
dont cancel my name alongside Afonja pls
Re: . by IgbofromDelta: 10:05am On Jan 09, 2020
You are the one who need to listen. Learn not to presume.

I am not impersonating anybody. I am the same person known as Igbo Delta.

https://www.nairaland.com/igbodelta

Ndibunna:

Listen young man. Stop all these impersonation.

You just open this moniker on 6th and suddenly u become Igbo from Delta...

Are you guys not tired of impersonating to score cheap points...

Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: . by IgbofromDelta: 11:03am On Jan 09, 2020
Aboh Kingdom

The Aboh kingdom is divided into two distinct communities. The UMUDEI who descend from Ogwezi, the son of Esume and first Obi of Aboh and the NDICHE who are considered the " non royals ". The Ndiche are of mixed origin. They include the aboriginal " Idumu Iwele " people who were of AKRI origin. Many of the Ndiche were of Igala origin, some came from the Eastern Igbo country just as some arrived from neighbouring Anioma communities. It should also be noted that many of the Ndiche were of ex-slave origin but Aboh assimilates ex-slaves easily. The large settlement of Abalagada north of Aboh main town came originally from Anam ( in Anambra State ) they are therefore of Ndiche stock.

https://hometown.ng/listing-item/aboh-kingdom/

6 Likes

Re: . by whirlwind7(m): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
tck2000:
Bro i'm an Urhobo guy and i love igbos.You guys are really talented and i don't want you guys to leave Nigeria,that's why i hate biafra.You guys are brilliant but politically dull.If you guys hold your senators,LG chairman,governors responsible for your development and deal with them severely,then we would have a Dubai/Japan in the south-east.Yet you guys are pointing at the Yoruba and the clueless president who have no influence in your region for your un-development crying marginalization.That's goes for all states.If we hold and manhandle our LG Chairman,Governors,Senators,we won't disturb the clueless president and cry un-development!

If you hate Biafra, then you hate Igbos. There's no middle ground.
As an Igbo, my heartfelt prayer is that may an Igbo never become president of this cursed country. Let that void and discontent continue to drive us to seek a better and more inclusive nation where every stakeholder is respected for his potentials, and not because he has crude oil on his backyard.

That being said, no true Igbo gives a fleeting fvck about what you hate or like.
We are done trying to be the one who strives for everyone to like them.
In fact, hate us. Hate us more! I say hate us, n!gga! grin

6 Likes

Re: . by IgbofromDelta: 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
OBIARUKU

Obiaruku i the commercial heart of the Ndokwa area. According to tradition the earliest settlers in the town were the people of OKUZU-Obiaruku. The Okuzu people emigrated from Awkuzu in Anambra State and via Aboh settled in Obiaruku. They were soon joined by their relatives the UMUEDEDE. Later a large group from the Ukwuani town of Umuebu joined them founding what is now called OGBE OBIARUKU. A time went on , an Aboh group joined the settlement and founded UMUESUME qtrs. The last qtr in Obiaruku is called OBIUGBE and they came principally from Ezionum another Ukwuani settlement . Obiaruku is therefore entirely of Igbo origin some originating from the East. The name Obiaruku means a town founded by an Aruku tree ie Obi Aruku.

8 Likes

Re: . by Ndibunna: 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
All the 3D edited pictures been posted by this man or boy ckenneths is highly disgusting, Irritating, cheap and most of all looks timid..

I doubt if the guy really understand what political and economic development means..

Please post only 042 or whether na 043 and let others be.
Re: . by IgbofromDelta: 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
ABBI and UMUKWATA

These are amongst the largest communities in Ndokwa land. The people of Abbi and Umukwata mainly descend from two brothers named Amacha( Abbi) and Ukwata( Umukwata). They originally came from Achalla near Awka in Anambra State and settled for a while in Aboh. Later they moved to their present sites. Later, in Abbi( there are originally two sections) a third section was founded by some hunters from Ani Ekei qtrs of Ubulu Uku( which is of Nri origin). From Abbi arose the settlements of Umutu and Umuolu both are within Ndokwaland.

5 Likes

Re: . by Unbiased1: 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ndibunna:
All the 3D edited pictures been posted by this man or boy ckenneths is highly disgusting, Irritating, cheap and most of all looks timid..

I doubt if the guy really understand what political and economic development means..

Please post only 042 or whether na 043 and let others be.

This foolish boy is always making noise. I go soon give u better hot slap.

4 Likes

Re: . by IgbofromDelta: 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
UMUOKU and ONYAH clans

These two groups are related. They form part of the same migration from Amaegu( or Emegu or Egbu ) near Owerri. They arrived in about 1500. The group led by Oku founded Utuoku or Oku's bank along the Niger. From Utuoku , families began to migrate and they crossed the Niger founding the new settlement of Adiai near Ndoni. A war ensued between Adiai and Aboh people and for this reason a group moved to the town of Onitsha while another moved to found Ogbeani qtrs of Utagba Ogbe. Another group led by one Aka managed to cross the Niger to found the village of Adiai Obiaka. Adiai Obiaka is also called Adiawali because they settled west of the Niger away from their traditional homelands near Ndoni. The other Adiai villages include Utu, Utuechi and Obiofu and all are in Rivers state. Adiai land is richly endowed with oil both in Delta and Rivers State. The Umuoku , the three settlements Utuoku, Adiai and Adiawali are governed by Igwes.

4 Likes

Re: . by Abagworo(m): 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ukwuani language mainly spoken in Kwale but related to Ndoni and Aboh is a separate Igbo language sharing a lot of similarity with dialect of Igbo spoken in Uguta Imo State. If you are Igbo and interested in enriching your knowledge of sister languages then Ukwuani is worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JsZBhShMqE

3 Likes

Re: . by Scottallen: 6:35am On Jan 10, 2020
[s]
Abagworo:
Ukwuani language mainly spoken in Kwale but related to Ndoni and Aboh is a separate Igbo language sharing a lot of similarity with dialect of Igbo spoken in Uguta Imo State. If you are Igbo and interested in enriching your knowledge of sister languages then Ukwuani is worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JsZBhShMqE
[/s]

Ukwuani has no relationship with Igbo. Igbos have finally disowned Ukwuani

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by ikuku(m): 12:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
Scottallen:
[s][/s]

Ukwuani has no relationship with Igbo. Igbos have finally disowned Ukwuani

Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: . by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 10, 2020
tck2000:
Itshekiri+Ijaw+Isoko+Anioma population=Urhobo's population...Actually,no one drags Delta with Urhobo unless warri.Some months ago,tribal war almost broke out in Warri because itshekiri are trying to lay claim to warri as the Olu of warri is an Itshekiri man but Urhobo were angry and it almost caused war thanks to the government,The Army were deployed all over the city.Some people died though.Bros stop arguing with me in my own Area.Ask your Delta friends which tribe control Delta politics and they would gladly tell you.

Very daft submission.

If urhobo is the dominant tribe by far as u claim, they will rule Delta state year in year out uninterrupted. They agreed to share power because they are not majority.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by okpalaAnambra: 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
ckenneths:
Anyi abatago
Why are you guys looking for trouble..

This is an Igbo page which includes states in Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi, Imo and Abia...mind yourself and concentrate on your Niger Delta undecided undecided
Re: . by tck2000(m): 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Very daft submission.

If urhobo is the dominant tribe by far as u claim, they will rule Delta state year in year out uninterrupted. They agreed to share power because they are not majority.
Then i throw you a challenge,Google"Major Ethnic Group In Delta State" and post it here.if it isn't Urhobo,i would pay you 5k this evening.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
tck2000:
Then i throw you a challenge,Google"Major Ethnic Group In Delta State" and post it here.if it isn't Urhobo,i would pay you 5k this evening.

Oga stop blabbing nonsense. List the local governments occupied by urhobo people in delta state
Re: . by tck2000(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Oga stop blabbing nonsense. List the local governments occupied by urhobo people in delta state
Lol,i'm sure you have done that and you saw it's Urhobo so you couldn't accept my challenge.Please someone can you help us post this so that this guy would focus on Igbo matter and leave Delta for us!
Re: . by Abagworo(m): 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
tck2000:
Lol,i'm sure you have done that and you saw it's Urhobo so you couldn't accept my challenge.Please someone can you help us post this so that this guy would focus on Igbo matter and leave Delta for us!

Out of 25 LGAs in Delta State 9 are Igbo speaking with 4 in the core Igbo area of Anioma.

3 Likes

Re: . by tck2000(m): 9:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
Abagworo:

Out of 25 LGAs in Delta State 9 are Igbo speaking with 4 in the core Igbo area of Anioma.
Are you ready to accept the challenge?
Re: . by Abagworo(m): 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
Delta

Anioma/Igbo speaking

Aniocha North
Aniocha South
Ika North East
Ika South
Ndokwa East
Ndokwa West

Oshimili North
Oshimili South
Ukwuani

Ijaw and Itsekiri speaking

Bomadi
Burutu
Patani
Warri North
Warri South West

Urhobo speaking or related

Ethiope East
Ethiope West
Isoko North
Isoko South
Okpe

Sapele
Udu
Ughelli North
Ughelli South
Uvwie
Warri South

The bolded are areas of minority grouos speaking same language with a larger area but of different identity.

3 Likes

Re: . by topboss1: 9:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
Abagworo:
Delta

Anioma/Igbo speaking

Aniocha North
Aniocha South
Ika North East
Ika South
Ndokwa East
Ndokwa West

Oshimili North
Oshimili South
Ukwuani

Ijaw and Itsekiri speaking

Bomadi
Burutu
Warri North
Warri South West

Urhobo speaking or related

Ethiope East
Ethiope West
Isoko North
Isoko South
Okpe

Sapele
Udu
Ughelli North
Ughelli South
Uvwie
Warri South

The bolded are areas of minority grouos speaking same language with a larger area but of different identity.

wat could be the cause of the bolded?
Re: . by Abagworo(m): 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
topboss1:

wat could be the cause of the bolded?

They maintain distinct identity from the others in same language group.

1 Like

Re: . by IgbofromDelta: 9:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
Owa

The headquarters of Ika North East Local Government is located at Owa Oyibu in Owa Kingdom. Owa is certainly one of the largest Ika communities. It shares boundaries with Agbor, Abavo, Idumuesah, Umunede and Ute-Okpu.

The first version and by far the most popular states that Ndi Owa are of Nri origin, i.e. from Awka in Anambra State. According to Onwuejeogwu (1970) and based on linguistic, archeological and genealogical data, the migratory movement started at about 900 A.D. and continued till early 20th century. This migratory flow led to the establishment of towns and villages to the west of the Niger. But more importantly, immigrants from Nri, between the 12th and 13th centuries settled at Ute-Okpu under the leadership of Ijueh, who thus established the dynasty of rulers of Ute-Okpu. It was therefore from Ute-Okpu that Odogwu later established the Owa dynasty

http://www.ndi-owa.com/index.php/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66:origin-of-owa&catid=4:owa&Itemid=9

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 9:52pm On Jan 10, 2020
Abagworo:

They maintain distinct identity from the others in same language group.

But this is where the major issue comes in. When you ask them what exactly makes them distinct from the rest, none of them can explain.

And when they attempt, it’s usually based on pseudo-history and outright lies that crumbles immediately once you examine it.

People just want to feel special. It’s because of the Nigerian environment that all those fake identity nonsense is tolerated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.