Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card (2045 Views)

Senator Kalu To Igbos: Don't Expect Anything From APC-Led Federal Government / Shehui Sanni Reacts To Atiku's Plan To Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected / I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by LIFEisSIMPLE: 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2018
I am currently a 400L political science student with Abia state university, and for my project i am working on "the participation of Ndigbo in the Nigerian political system. Case study of 5 eastern states". Yesterday, I went to the ever busy city of Aba, Abia state to carry out a survey, with the help of two classmates who where interested in my research, and to our greatest Surprise we realised that of the first 100 adult we asked if they had a voters card only 12 Said they truly have a voters card. And when we asked another 100 adults, only 9 said they have a voters card. Making a total of 21 of 200 participants (10.5%). Our most shock came from the female gender, with only 2 of the 77 asked saying they have a voters card. My target is to get a sample of 5,000 participants for this research with 1,000 from each of the 5 eastern states.
I plan to go touch most cities, towns and villages in the 5 states in the process of carrying out this reasearch.
But initial findings is showing that the igbos are not under populated but rather are not willing participants in the Nigerian electoral system. And that a system has to be put in place to mandate the Igbo participation in the electoral process.
I honestly feel like i can conclude my reasearch with my initial findings, but for the sake of humanity and a God who is watching, i will carry out the full research of 5,000 participants.

To the Igbos at every oppurtunity, ask yourself, your friends and your community's if they have gotten their voters card.
One of my suggestions would be that the government should make it compulsory for all university students to have a voters card before they can be allowed to graduate. Given that admissions start at a minimum age of 16, it would be expected that all students are old enough to vote before they can graduate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by BSF: 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2018
INEC has a site for checking Voters Card collection against demography. You put additional authenticity to your research by comparing your gathered data against what INEC has reported.

All the best !!!!

7 Likes

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by Abass07(m): 4:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
Igbos, ps go get ur pvc
Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by Cyynthialove(f): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
With or without politics, average IBO man is OK with himself .

6 Likes

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2018
Sadly there is no voters card to be collected if the people have not registered
BSF:
INEC has a site for checking Voters Card collection against demography. You put additional authenticity to your research by comparing your gathered data against what INEC has reported.

All the best !!!!
Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:21pm On Apr 21, 2018
Please sir, this is not an excuse. Encourage your people to go and register for their pvc
Cyynthialove:

2 Likes

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by clevvermind(m): 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2018
Everyone should get his or her pvc so that we can pack Buhari to Daura together.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by Reelectbuhari: 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
I am currently a 400L political science student with Abia state university, and for my project i am working on "the participation of Ndigbo in the Nigerian political system. Case study of 5 eastern states". Yesterday, I went to the ever busy city of Aba, Abia state to carry out a survey, with the help of two classmates who where interested in my research, and to our greatest Surprise we realised that of the first 100 adult we asked if they had a voters card only 12 Said they truly have a voters card. And when we asked another 100 adults, only 9 said they have a voters card. Making a total of 21 of 200 participants (10.5%). Our most shock came from the female gender, with only 2 of the 77 asked saying they have a voters card. My target is to get a sample of 5,000 participants for this research with 1,000 from each of the 5 eastern states.
I plan to go touch most cities, towns and villages in the 5 states in the process of carrying out this reasearch.
But initial findings is showing that the igbos are not under populated but rather are not willing participants in the Nigerian electoral system. And that a system has to be put in place to mandate the Igbo participation in the electoral process.
I honestly feel like i can conclude my reasearch with my initial findings, but for the sake of humanity and a God who is watching, i will carry out the full research of 5,000 participants.

To the Igbos at every oppurtunity, ask yourself, your friends and your community's if they have gotten their voters card.
One of my suggestions would be that the government should make it compulsory for all university students to have a voters card before they can be allowed to graduate. Given that admissions start at a minimum age of 16, it would be expected that all students are old enough to vote before they can graduate.

you did well.....but igbos are tired of the shithole called nigeria....

your project should have been.....Recommendations and procedures for the conduct of a successful referendum.......not this pvc or cvp u going about doing.....

a country where a set of people are been hostile to and not favourably disposed to harness their potentials should cease to exist...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by gidgiddy: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:

There is no law that mandates or forces anyone to vote or get PVC. I'm a proud Igbo man who doesn't have a PVC and for good reason too. Nigeria is a failure and I will have nothing to do with its politics any more!

I SUPPORT FULL INDEPENDENCE OF THE IGBO NATION AS A SEPARATE COUNTRY FROM THE 1914 BRITISH COLONIAL DISASTER CALLED NIGERIA!

AS A RESULT, I SUPPORT MY FELLOW IGBOS TO TOTALLY BOYCOTT THE 2019 ELECTIONS!

NIGERIA IS A FAILURE, NO MATTER WHO GETS ELECTED.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
If we can achieve a Nigeria that works, there would be no need for a referendum. The first time biafra was mentioned was because of cracks in the entity called Nigeria.
Reelectbuhari:

you did well.....but igbos are tired of the shithole called nigeria....

your project should have been.....Recommendations and procedures for the conduct of a successful referendum.......not this pvc or cvp u going about doing.....

a country where a set of people are been hostile to and not favourably disposed to harness their potentials should cease to exist...
Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
Lol stone cold heart. People like you can never be convinced to believe in one Nigeria.
gidgiddy:

There is no law that mandates or forces anyone to vote or get PVC. I'm a proud Igbo man who doesn't have a PVC and for good reason too. Nigeria is a failure and I will have nothing to do with its politics any more!

I SUPPORT FULL INDEPENDENCE OF THE IGBO NATION AS A SEPARATE COUNTRY FROM THE 1914 BRITISH COLONIAL DISASTER CALLED NIGERIA!

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by gidgiddy: 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Lol stone cold heart. People like you can never be convinced to believe in one Nigeria.

One Nigeria? The people in Benue, pictured below, learnt the hard way that no such thing exists

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by ProYouAdminsUK: 6:19pm On Apr 21, 2018
So who gonna send Baba back to Daura? The Northerners who worship the ground he walks on and have already collected their voters card?

When people say Youths are lazy..
Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by Reelectbuhari: 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
If we can achieve a Nigeria that works, there would be no need for a referendum. The first time biafra was mentioned was because of cracks in the entity called Nigeria.

I can clearly see.....u are one of igbo arch enemies....like Emmanuel ifeajuna

Nigeria cannot and will never work again......Nigeria is a failed state used as study in other countries......

if u love ur brothers...u hv to support a departure from this enclaving that is not working....and will never.....

best of luck in ur research though....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by Reelectbuhari: 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
So who gonna send Baba back to Daura? The Northerners who worship the ground he walks on and have already collected their voters card?

When people say Youths are lazy..

and because u cast ur vote makes u more lazy.....

Nigeria is a product of adultery between lugard and flora.....after a night of hot sex.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by BSF: 7:26pm On Apr 21, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Sadly there is no voters card to be collected if the people have not registered

You seem to be doing a job that might be useful to somenone out there. Beyond politics, I am simply suggesting that you put signature of quality and authority to your research by bench-marking against INEC collated data.
Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by LIFEisSIMPLE: 9:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
with due respect, let someone else can do that. I will be collecting my data from the streets not by what inec tells me. A sample of 5,000 is sufficient for the research i am carrying out. I might reference INEC here and there but nothing more than that.
BSF:

You seem to be doing a job that might be useful to somenone out there. Beyond politics, I am simply suggesting that you put signature of quality and authority to your research by bench-marking against INEC collated data.
Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by Banmeallday: 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2018
90% of Igbo dont have steady light, access to good healthcare, and the likes....even with all the stupid voting year in year out

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by DawatNama(m): 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Please sir, this is not an excuse. Encourage your people to go and register for their pvc

Don't worry let your people vote, after voting they will come back and cut our grasses, be our gatemen, fetch our water, hew our firewood, cut our nails, polish our shoes... We will not stop giving them alms like we always do.

Please let them keep voting

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by ZZ22: 10:17pm On Apr 21, 2018
The 10℅ with voters card are the ones that toiled to get it as a means of identification or for bank transactions, if not ......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by yomi96(m): 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2018
Cyynthialove:
so what! Why are they always shouting marginalization,if they are not ready to do something about it.They claim they are not lazy, they tag other tribes names and yet the simple things like pvc the cannot go and collect. Only a political illiterate will make such comment.

2 Likes

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by ihitenansa: 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
Cyynthialove:
Gaspl!
Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by deji17: 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2018
When they can insult Buhari on Nairaland and other social media for free and from the comfort of their homes, why would they need a PVC?
Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by conductorl7: 11:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
deji17:
When they can insult Buhari on Nairaland and other social media for free and from the comfort of their homes, why would they need a PVC?

3 Likes

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 21, 2018
Though not unexpected but what's your proof?

1 Like

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by Yyeske(m): 11:43pm On Apr 21, 2018
gidgiddy:

The way they boycotted the Anambra guber election okwa ya? Dream on, sensible Igbos know what to do and not that crap you wrote up there.
Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by Nobody: 2:09am On Apr 22, 2018
look at igbos talk kikikk grin
Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 22, 2018
Cyynthialove:
then u people should stop flooding other people state and stick to the east, rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by Ofodirinwa: 2:13am On Apr 22, 2018
Go and die with your voters card
Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by justtoodark: 4:13am On Apr 22, 2018
dont mind them....na in social media dem dem dey vote....
Re: Student Research: 90% Of Igbos Don't Have A Voters Card by justtoodark: 4:31am On Apr 22, 2018
dem no wan vote,but they will try to tell you how to vote....

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Literal Meaning Of "Dan Baiwan Hausa", The Traditional Title Giving To Orji / Osun Rerun: PDP Gives Conditions For Accepting Result Of Supplementary Poll / OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.