Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan (32249 Views)

[agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream / He Wants To Marry An Orphan ?? / It's Easily For An Orphan To Marry a Wrong Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by olaolabiy: 12:13am On May 22, 2010
^^^^^
imagine a nigerian university graduate now thinking about going for a nursing course in, ehh, kaduna in feb., 2010. nursing that requires 3 o'level passes (or credits?)
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 12:14am On May 22, 2010
I blame people like aqva, radiant and bim4u for offering this wayo man anything.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 12:21am On May 22, 2010
08A 001333207

What sort of nysc discharge number is this?
There is no number in front of the A. It always start with an A.
Except its a new format because i finished in 06 and 06 wasn't written on my cert.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 12:40am On May 22, 2010
Name: menek
Position: Active Poster
Date Registered: June 22, 2009, 02:21 PM
Last Active: Today at 12:37:22 AM
MSN:
YIM:
Email: hidden
Current Status: Online Online

Our friend has access to steady internet even at 12am. Good people of NL back out o.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OAM4J: 12:46am On May 22, 2010
@OP

Can you at least mail your details to Aisha2.

I will hate to see all these efforts turns to nothing.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by olaolabiy: 12:57am On May 22, 2010
hahaaaaaaaaa.
he was active some minutes ago and he couldn't make a single post here. we are watching, he didn't know. he must be regreting some parts of his claim.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by olaolabiy: 12:58am On May 22, 2010
in fact, he is still online right now.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OAM4J: 1:17am On May 22, 2010
Pls NLders, can we give him a break?

whether he responds or not, it is only to his gain or loss.

If he is using his phone to browse as he claimed, he might be having problem posting.

I was in Nigeria few months ago, and it was hell using my phone to browse, even in Lagos.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by docxdee(m): 1:28am On May 22, 2010
@menek,,UR a man and i believe u have that typical "die hard naija spirit" in you, wana introduce a business to you directly under ADIC life insurance and diamond bank and all you need,no matter ur literacy level is drive and determination, send me ur details(name,age,sex,location) to 07033330877 or 08096816700 , looking 4ward to hearing from you, tc
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Smi1(m): 1:47am On May 22, 2010
You guys should be very cautious hmm that's all I have to say !
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by olaolabiy: 1:51am On May 22, 2010
OAM4J:

Pls NLders, can we give him a break?

whether he responds or not, it is only to his gain or loss.

If he is using his phone to browse as he claimed, he might be having problem posting.

I was in Nigeria few months ago, and it was hell using my phone to browse, even in Lagos.

what a useless comment.
he had problem browsing but no problem logging on. we said he was online, you still talked about browing.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OAM4J: 2:07am On May 22, 2010
^^^ if only you have ever used a phone to browse in Nigeria.

You might be able to sign in but find it difficult to post. I experienced the frustration many times.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 2:10am On May 22, 2010
ola olabiy:

what a useless comment.
he had problem browsing but no problem logging on. we said he was online, you still talked about browing.

Guy he was browsing with his phone,i just checked and confirmed,he is browsing with Opera Mini 4.2 (you only use it on phone abi?) and the model of the phone is 3110c. So it will be difficult to post,he said it earlier,only if you can just read well! that his problem is to post.

I am trying to call me now.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by olaolabiy: 2:17am On May 22, 2010
OAM4J:

^^^ if only you have ever used a phone to browse in Nigeria.

You might be able to sign in but find it difficult to post. I experienced the frustration many times.

i get your point bro. peace. best of luck to him oooo
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by tsmith(f): 2:33am On May 22, 2010
Once heard a sermon abt how much we over think whether we should help or not, rather than allowing God to lead. Questions such as "does he deserve it" what will he do with it" would he appreciate" "is he for real". even the wicked deserve help, it is not for us to judge. We need to sow, whther fertile ground or not!

i believe what goes around comes around, one good help will surely bring another around (to the helpers) and vice versa, should the poster be a scam, it'd surely catch up on him. Some people are drinking panadol for someone else's problem(investigators), save your strength, leave it to God to be CIA n judge.

couple of things i noted,

Am so sorry but Aqua or wateva, leaves a very sour taste in my mouth, God has his way of working, your help was not to be nor be of any good! As pointed out, u r a nasty person to even offer help. what is it with the fool & idiot? i mean what right!

2nd thing, for those thinking there are people worse off that the poster, its only people that cry for help that get help, so its not the posters fault that he is getting a response. even though some other graduates or ppl are seeking jobs on NL, they never said they would take just any job/role/or wage (ie 10k), thus they didnt receive much offers.
Invariably, the poster humbled himself n thereabout is exalted.
ing
At Uju, , from my observation, u sound like a very bitter person, life has definitely knocked some hard blows on you n u think by taking it out on the world it would make you beta, am sorry girl, deal with it & chin up. U fit a profile of a deported benin prostitute! U also sound very myopic,like u dont see beyond your nose, sometimes silence goes a long way. the Joshua jab,

Sure the poster does need improvement with his think n orientation, but i mean who doesnt , we all learn every day, no one is perfect.

@ Aisha et al, keep up the good work. I'm all for charity, in everyway we can, a smile here, a helping hand when your can and and most of all an empathic heart.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 2:41am On May 22, 2010
tsmith:

Once heard a sermon abt how much we over think whether we should help or not, rather than allowing God to lead. Questions such as "does he deserve it" what will he do with it" would he appreciate" "is he for real". even the wicked deserve help, it is not for us to judge. We need to sow, whther fertile ground or not!

i believe what goes around comes around, one good help will surely bring another around (to the helpers) and vice versa, should the poster be a scam, it'd surely catch up on him. Some people are drinking panadol for someone else's problem(investigators), save your strength, leave it to God to be CIA n judge.

Am so sorry but Aqua or wateva, leaves a very sour taste in my mouth, God has his way of working, your help was not to be nor be of any good! As pointed out, u r a nasty person to even offer help. what is it with the fool & idiot? i mean what right!

2nd thing, for those thinking there are people worse off that the poster, its only people that cry for help that get help, so its not the posters fault that he is getting a response. even though some other graduates or ppl are seeking jobs on NL, they never said they would take just any job/role/or wage (ie 10k), thus they didnt receive much offers.
ing
At Uju, , from my observation, u sound like a very bitter person, life has definitely knocked some hard blows on you n u think by taking it out on the world it would make you beta, am sorry girl, deal with it & chin up. U fit a profile of a deported benin love-peddler! U also sound very myopic,like u dont see beyond your nose, sometimes silence goes a long way. the Joshua jab,

Sure the poster does need improvement with his think n orientation, but i mean who doesnt , we all learn every day, no one is perfect.

@ Aisha et al, keep up the good work. I'm all for charity, in everyway we can, a smile here, a helping hand when your can and and most of all an empathic heart.

Spot on
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by olaolabiy: 2:45am On May 22, 2010
^^^^^^^^tsmith
your comment has paled that of AQVA into irrelevance. he was just annoyed that the guy didn't respond.
you, however, has displayed real impatience and crudeness, i'm afraid.
exercise restraint next time, darling.
you went too far in you comment. haba.
how is cardiff sha?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by tsmith(f): 2:54am On May 22, 2010
to Ola,

moved from cardiff now in bristol. Do i know you

re some of my comments, no offence meant to anyone, but this is a faceless forum, so i can only paint pictures of each person from their comments, any comment there is just the picture i have painted, not stating a fact!

i hope you get my drift, no apologies for my pictures though, its how each as portrayed him/herself in my opinion, but my opnion doesent really count, does it?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by olaolabiy: 3:11am On May 22, 2010
^^^^^^^^
i don't know you but i just like you. and wouldn't want you to be too judgemental.

i wouldn't mind knowing you,though.
how is bristol? not really far from cardiff sha. almost in newport. enjoy.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Scooby1(m): 3:42am On May 22, 2010
ola olabiy:

^^^^^^^^
i don't know you but i just like you. and wouldn't want you to be too judgemental.

i wouldn't mind knowing you,though.
how is bristol? not really far from cardiff sha. almost in newport. enjoy.

@ola olabiy, that is rich coming from you, but it is ok for to be judging the poster  insinuating that he is not a graduate because he wasnt able to post his CV.
ola olabiy:

trust me guys, this guy did a bit of spin in his story. most probably, he only did one diploma programme- not even OND.

not really a scammer, but there are issues with his certificates. end of.

You don see woman now ur personality don dey change grin grin grin grin
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by olaolabiy: 3:56am On May 22, 2010
^^^^^^^^
don't kill me with laughter.
the fact is the poster was presented with a gold-plated opportunity, he preferred to dilly dally.
hence my comment. what else could have prevented him from responding with documented, verifiable facts?

also, you don't know whether i SABI tsmith oooooo. got it?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Scooby1(m): 4:10am On May 22, 2010
@ola that is double standard
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 4:14am On May 22, 2010
lol quite a sad story here eh . . . grin

i know a lot of folks who didnt have dad, mom or uncles to help them. Actually know a friend whose father abandoned him and 3 siblings before he was even 10. I even had to put him up in my hostel room for a yr . . . he's got a masters deg today, works and lives in the US with his wife and little son.

See, the OP is totally unserious. Success does not come with a silver spoon, it comes with determination, drive and ambition. This poster seems to lack all 3.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by olaolabiy: 4:30am On May 22, 2010
Scooby1:

@ola that is double standard

if it is, then, it is a positive one.
he brought his issue to a public domain. we tried to help but he developed cold feet along the way.
i don't want uju to lambast tsmith hence my advice to her. uju will soon be here.
i just don't want her bashed.
and if i want her, best left to me, sir.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by adeibi: 4:50am On May 22, 2010
davidylan:

lol quite a sad story here eh . . .  grin

i know a lot of folks who didnt have dad, mom or uncles to help them. Actually know a friend whose father abandoned him and 3 siblings before he was even 10. I even had to put him up in my hostel room for a yr . . . he's got a masters deg today, works and lives in the US with his wife and little son.

See, the OP is totally unserious. Success does not come with a silver spoon, it comes with determination, drive and ambition. This poster seems to lack all 3.
av noticed sumthin abt u Dave. u always try to make evry situation luk so simple n eazy .tho it's ok, cos u myt b tryin to b ncouraging bt dn't u think dt nt errybody is as fortunate as u are.
i av a similar case of one of my schoolmates who is an orphan too. he practically lived on us, cldn't pay his school fees he passd thru[b] HELL[/b] nt until a lil job of 10000 per month came 4 im nd since then doors of favours av bin opening up 4 im. he's nw livin it big tho we'r stil stds.
my point is even if ds guy wants to start a biznes wot resources will he start with?
afterall he's nt beggin 4 money bt a job.
am nt saying dt he's completely truthful cos i dn't knw im
but u always lyk making errything luk vry eazy nd u'r always makin it seem lyk one is lazy nd nt willing 2 wrk
if u'v always had things falling into places 4 u doesn't mean u'r d most intelligent or the most hardwrkin
i bet u hardly give alms to d poor cos u av dt mentally of afterall sum pple r making it so y cn't u. remember dt all fingers r nt equal
ds cld b his starting point, let im start 4rm sumwhere
my prayer 4 u is dt u'll neva c d oda syd of life so u wn't knw aw it feels cos u sound lyk one of dose rich kids
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by mbulela: 6:34am On May 22, 2010
adeibi:

av noticed sumthin abt u Dave. u always try to make evry situation luk so simple n eazy .tho it's ok, cos u myt b tryin to b ncouraging bt dn't u think dt nt errybody is as fortunate as u are.
i av a similar case of one of my schoolmates who is an orphan too. he practically lived on us, cldn't pay his school fees he passd thru[b] HELL[/b] nt until a lil job of 10000 per month came 4 im nd since then doors of favours av bin opening up 4 im. he's nw livin it big tho we'r stil stds.
my point is even if ds guy wants to start a biznes wot resources will he start with?
but u always lyk making errything luk vry eazy nd u'r always makin it seem lyk one is lazy nd nt willing 2 wrk
if u'v always had things falling into places 4 u doesn't mean u'r d most intelligent or the most hardwrkin
i bet u hardly give alms to d poor cos u av dt mentally of afterall sum pple r making it so y cn't u. remember dt all fingers r nt equal
my prayer 4 u is dt u'll neva c d oda syd of life so u wn't knw aw it feels cos u sound lyk one of dose rich kids

With all due respect David, do not attempt to reply to this post in the form of a defence.
I share the same sentiments as adeibi.
Kindly consider it a brotherly advice.I now you are matured enough to see it that way.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by mbulela: 6:40am On May 22, 2010
Aisha, i am one of the growing number of persons who were disappointed by your outburst in the previous page.
That was very unlike you (the bit i see on this forum).
Back to the matter at hand,i made a promise to contribute 20k for OP's rent.
8 pages later and over 3 or 4 posts later from him, he has not convinced anyone of his authenticity.
It should not take more than a post to allay all fears.
what has he got to lose by declaring his identity?
I am worried but still hopeful that he will turn out to be true.
If all else fails, i will want to get in touch with you on a similar venture.
You seem to be on the ground and experienced in this kind of stuff.
i need to experience of helping out someone anonymously and with no hope of a thank you.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 7:12am On May 22, 2010
adeibi:

aunty adeibi, thank you for your advice. I read it and i picked some gems from there.

But do i try to make things sound easy? Obviously not, except to say this - whatever you are going thru others have been in even worse. See you make a misconception when you call me a "rich kid" . . . i wish. I have seen periods when i couldnt go to school for lack of school fees, i have had to drink pap to bed because we could not afford dinner. The fact that others have made it does not mean they had everything handed down to them on a platter. A few of my old college colleagues still tease me for wearing 2 shirts and one trouser for the first yr of my college days because my parents could not afford to do more. 5 yrs ago was the first time in my life that i could point to having more than 2 pairs of shoes at a time. But with the little they had, they taught me to WORK HARD, depend on no one (outside of Christ), be ambitious, strive for the best (because no one has 2 heads) and rise above challenges. It has not been an easy road like you erroneously think, but it has been one that was not littered with pity parties and begging for handouts.

My friend practically grew up with no father . . . he didnt come here begging for pennies. Our OP here at least HAS A BACHELORS DEGREE in physiology, there are millions out there who cant even afford to go to secondary school! Enough with the false sense of pity!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 7:18am On May 22, 2010
i av a similar case of one of my schoolmates who is an orphan too. he practically lived on us, cldn't pay his school fees he passd thru HELL nt until a lil job of 10000 per month came 4 im nd since then doors of favours av bin opening up 4 im. he's nw livin it big tho we'r stil stds.

You naija students write so poorly.
Later you'll come here and complain of no job.

Are you people blind? The op has been offered help but he is shying away because he most likely lied about his credentials. He was online at 12am this morning yet he didn't deem it fit to allay fears.
Don't blame David, not everybody tolerates mediocres, we all have the power to rise above challenges.

Am so sorry but Aqua or wateva, leaves a very sour taste in my mouth, God has his way of working, your help was not to be nor be of any good! As pointed out, u r a nasty person to even offer help. what is it with the fool & idiot?Huh i mean what right!

ing
At Uju, , from my observation, u sound like a very bitter person, life has definitely knocked some hard blows on you n u think by taking it out on the world it would make you beta, am sorry girl, deal with it & chin up. U fit a profile of a deported benin love-peddler! U also sound very myopic,like u dont see beyond your nose, sometimes silence goes a long way. the Joshua jab,

@ Aisha et al,  keep up the good work. I'm all for charity, in everyway we can, a smile here, a helping hand when your can and and most of all an empathic heart.

What are you bringing to the table, chief criticizer? Dont blame people for being skeptical. We have been monitoring this chap and he ain't what he claims he is. Imagine people offering jobs, weekly allowances and an apartment yet he has refused to post again whilst monitoring the thread from afar, laughing at us all.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 7:31am On May 22, 2010
Dear uncle Menek, i will be honest with you . . . you are completely unserious sorry to say.

Nl i need your encouragement, my case is so critical that i soak my pillow every night with tears. If possible i should have question my God for creating me,but i know he created me for a purpose. If you are born with silver spoon in your mouth just be grateful to God. I grew up as a child in one village in rivers state. my dad died when i was not even up to a year according to my mum. I am the first and only child, because of his death the marriage broke up. My mom re-marry leaving me with my grand mom (a widow). Worse is that my uncles have a misuntanding over land, these further make life difficult as her first son drive us out of his house.

and? My grandfather told my mom he could not afford to send her anywhere beyond primary school. She took up a job as a housegirl to her UNCLE! Today she is a consultant paediatrician and sent one sister and 2 younger brothers to school up to university level . . . so what is new?

I can remembered vividly when we us to sleep in the church at night and wake up very early in the morning to go back to work on our farms. She would always tell me that one day i will be big, there are times that we use just pumkin leave, pepper, and salt to cook soup on a three leg iron on the farm.

and? have you tried pap and beans before? You had to survive with abacha stove (sawdust) for a yr before? Been there done that. What's new?

My uncles never care anything about this poor widow or me up til date, seeing our condition my mom decided to help by giving me some money for my education, though her husband is against it. I struggle to finish my o' level and finally secure admission to study physiology. I did not hesitate, i went in. My mom endeavour to pay my fees, i was determined to succeed. I seep gari on campus til i finaly graduated in 2007.

You seem to assume that your job was to sit around while others scampered to raise money for your fees and all right? My good friend almost made a first class in physics and works as a big man in glo today. I remember when i had to share my garri with him because he had absolutely nothing to eat and had to share his pocket money to pay for his father's medication.

So what is new here?

You would never undastand what it means to attend school without money unless u are like me.

lol what are you talking about? My mom has plenty of stories on this to tell you . . . be ready to listen till tomorrow and weep.

I'm sad, my mom is not happy. I persuaded my mom to buy jamb D.E form for me so that i can go back and study another course but they ate our money, no admission. Now my grand mom is late.

this form is no more than N5000 at most. You could not raise this money on your own? shocked

my mom told me she has try i should go and cater for myself, i thought it's a joke. But she meant it.For d past 4wks i've been battling with hunger, i'm jobless. My uncles never care. I don't know were to start from. no fund to start anything. God pls help me. I need your encouragement and prayer pls

The day i finished university, my dad told me he was done with sponsoring me and anything else would have to be on my own effort. So what have you said here that is new?

Grow a spine and go work hard instead of sniveling my friend.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 7:43am On May 22, 2010
Nice one David. Don't mind the lazy drone.

Have you been sick and had no money for medication yet had to write exams that way while throwing up every 10 mins?
I was determined i can't fail cos school was my only hope. I read sociology a 'non professional' course, but i read it well made good grades and prospective employers didn't have a choice. They saw potentials in the person and not the course he read.
I have further acquired more post grad and professional qualifications.

Your story ain't new, 80% of Naija students have it rough. I used to wear brown shirt and green trousers. . .LOL, it was what i could afford. Today i rock what i like. Nobody has it easy. The painful part is that people are ready to help and he lacks the confidence to show up.
BTW OP? WHAT GRADE DID YOU MAKE IN SCHOOL? Your writing isn't going to encourage any prospective employer.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 8:05am On May 22, 2010
mbulela:

Aisha, i am one of the growing number of persons who were disappointed by your outburst in the previous page.
That was very unlike you (the bit i see on this forum).
Back to the matter at hand,i made a promise to contribute 20k for OP's rent.
8 pages later and over 3 or 4 posts later from him, he has not convinced anyone of his authenticity.
It should not take more than a post to allay all fears.
what has he got to lose by declaring his identity?
I am worried but still hopeful that he will turn out to be true.
If all else fails, i will want to get in touch with you on a similar venture.
You seem to be on the ground and experienced in this kind of stuff.
i need to experience of helping out someone anonymously and with no hope of a thank you.
If you read a little more, you will see where i apologised. Its just ufair to statr callling someone an Idiot because you want to help. Like i said, anyone in need represents God on Earth. God said whatsaever you do to the least of my brethren you do to me. If God comes for help will we call him an Idiot? You can only love God who you cant see by loving the people with needs he seds our way on earth The poster has explained and someone took the time to verify that Indeed he was browsing with his phone. Login may be easy but posting hell. Besides he said he will need to get to the LGA secretariate to be able to scan his certificate and attach his result. I brosewd with my phone before and then I could not attach documents to send except that has changed now.
I am yet to be convinced that the poster asked anyone for money or money is benong sent directly to him so i give him benefit of doubt because I have been in situations even worse than this.
I hope we can work together, we run a widows empowerment program where evermonth we train and give one widow a loan to kick start a business. Am guessing that is the kind of venture you want to support. Thanks. Am sure the poster will find his way to the LGA today and send his information

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Mohbad: Where’s Imole’s Mother ? / I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. / Different Types Of Adults That Should Be Wished Happy Children’s Day (meme Colle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.