Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book (84758 Views)

This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Soyinka Meets Sowore In Abuja Ahead Of His Court Appearance (Photos) / Unbowed And Unbroken: TIB Members Visit Defiant Sowore In DSS Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by fk001(m): 12:09am On Apr 23, 2018
Donald Duke is corrupt we all know that.

Sowore is a cyber bully he attacks anyone that is against him through his fake News channel.

He did it to Saraki, Dino, Jonathan and so many more.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by poseidon12: 12:10am On Apr 23, 2018
CaptJeffry:
This is disheartening. I know Duke is a mafia but I never knew he could be evil minded towards an SS brother.

Where I've seen Duke and Ben Bruce in Los Angeles isn't a place one sees ordinary men. This is why I smile when people refer to them as nice guys.

Where did you see them at?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:12am On Apr 23, 2018
That's why I laugh when people are all ranting about PVC on social media. As much as I hate Buhari, anyone can mark my words the next person who takes up that seat will be 1000 times worse than Buhari especially if he's coming from the present corps interested in running.

33 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Quality20(m): 12:15am On Apr 23, 2018
One thing I hate about Sowore is his intrusion into ppls privacy, kind of trying to make money by outright blackmail

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by ademusiwa3r: 12:16am On Apr 23, 2018
h

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by obowunmi(m): 12:18am On Apr 23, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Duke is no different from all six governors of class 1999-2007 from the SouthSouth. They serially loath Jonathan whom they considered a "junior" that beat them to become Vice President ahead of them despite their lobbying.

Duke I know can't win his polling unit with his SDP

Donald Duke is a BASTARD.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by todaynewsreview: 12:21am On Apr 23, 2018
May God bless Goodluck Jonathan. Generations will never forget that name. Just like the story of the children of Israel. The more you think you are doing him, the more you are doing yourself.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by hakimi1974(m): 12:21am On Apr 23, 2018
KratosCorp:
You are fast becoming a chronic disgrace to humanity.

@ seunmsg said the disturbing truth. if only people know how spectacularlly corrupt the woman is, una mouth go open in wonderment.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Onechancearmy(m): 12:23am On Apr 23, 2018
I think what is really telling here is that she did not say Saharareporters published defamatory news about her. She only said that they carried "negative" news. There is a difference between false news and negative news.

I have an uncle who is a journalist and he told me that before any controversial publication is made about a person, a responsible journalist will always try to arrange to have an interview with that person to give he or she a chance at responding to the allegations in the story. I feel Madam Iweala should have at least heard out Mr. Sowore and discovered what his intentions were before hanging up on him. He's an investigative journalist and he was only trying to do his job.

62 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Xander85: 12:26am On Apr 23, 2018
Sirjamo:
Well, looking back now, I wish she had taken Mr Duke's advice, she eventually messed up our economy.

Messed up which economy? You must be referring to a Nigeria in a parallel universe!

Nigerias' economy was on an upward trajectory when GEJ and Okonjo-Iweala were in charge. Almost all socio-economic indicators were positive. This kwarruption-kwarruption you numbskulls keep on parroting about just to try and deflect blame for Buhari and APC gross incompetence and running the economy aground....you know Nigeria performed better in the corruption perception index during the time of GEJ? Even regarding security, can you actually say Nigeria is more secure today than when GEJ was President? Wasn't the naira better valued during the GEJ years than it is today with you 'man of integrity' in power? The present job losses nko.....can you compare the present job data to those of the GEJ years?

Come to think of it, since your 'saint' is now in power and corruption has purportedly been reduced to its barest minimum...since the price of oil has been above the budgeted estimates for at least the past two budgets....since the Buhari gov't has recovered all the billions of dollars they say GEJ gov't and PDP stole since 1999...since all this is now the case shouldn't we be experiencing economic boom and happiness?

You guys are so annoying walahi!

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 23, 2018
Na wa ooo.. these guys just hate uncle Jonah ooooo

6 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by patrickmuf(m): 12:30am On Apr 23, 2018
Onechancearmy:
I think what is really telling here is that she did not say Saharareporters published defamatory news about her. She only said that they carried "negative" news. There is a difference between false news and negative news.

I have an uncle who is a journalist and he told me that before any controversial publication is made about a person, a responsible journalist will always try to arrange to have an interview with that person to give he or she a chance at responding to the allegations in the story. I feel Madam Iweala should have at least heard out Mr. Sowore and discovered what his intentions were before hanging up on him. He's an investigative journalist and he was only trying to do his job.
Finally, someone that thinks outta the box...Thumbs up...

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by kaydp: 12:30am On Apr 23, 2018
fk001:
Donald Duke is corrupt we all know that.

Sowore is a cyber bully he attacks anyone that is against him through his fake News channel.

He did it to Saraki, Dino, Jonathan and so many more.
So saraki is not corrupt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by obailala(m): 12:33am On Apr 23, 2018
CaptJeffry:
This is disheartening. I know Duke is a mafia but I never knew he could be evil minded towards an SS brother.

Where I've seen Duke and Ben Bruce in Los Angeles isn't a place one sees ordinary men. This is why I smile when people refer to them as nice guys.
During the Yaradua sicknesd saga, it may surprise you that every single south south governor was against Jonathan. This was part of the reason GEJ had to break the ECA vault at the time to buy the support of even his closest brothers.

16 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by jinxet2000: 12:33am On Apr 23, 2018
All this story is to destroy all potential presidential candidates and potential leaders of tomorrow.
Do not be deceived, all these stories didn't come our before, it is now that Sowore is campaigning and all these stories are coming out.
Jonathan regime performed poorly, really poorly. Buhari regime is even worse than Jonathan's.
We can't prefer Jonathan over Buhari and we can't prefer Buhari over Jonathan.
Okonjo, also contributed to the fall of the economy being a finance minister then. They all never told the truth, allowing looters to clear the future of the nation. We do not want them both, Buhari and Jonathan. The only leader Nigeria will produce that will solve power, economy, transportation, fuel, refinery challenges, roads and education will be the only successful leader Nigeria ever had. Otherwise, all are considered nation destroyers.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Xander85: 12:34am On Apr 23, 2018
Onechancearmy:

If he had wanted an interview with Okojo-Iweala, he could have arranged one with her office couldn't he? Instead he (to all intents and purposes) waylaid her for an interview...and on he private number for that matter! And when she objected to him calling her on a line reserved only for family and friends he was busy claiming right. He's lucky it wasn't someone like me he was dealing with, i'd have given him an earful of abuse and slammed the phone down on his sanctimonious arsse!

28 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by bekpo(m): 12:34am On Apr 23, 2018
tinkinjow:
The real mafia a lot don't know...and it doesn't take O.Iweala's writings to know....

He's by a million yards a better administrator than Buhari

....yet he was borrowing to pay salaries despite selling crude oil at $100 a barrel!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by fk001(m): 12:38am On Apr 23, 2018
kaydp:
So saraki is not corrupt

He is but Sowore is attention seeker

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by luvinhubby(m): 12:39am On Apr 23, 2018
seunmsg:
Sadly, she accepted Jonathan's offer and ended up ruining the economy of the country at a time of serious revenue boom. History will not be kind to that woman.

History will be kinder to her than the arrogant shampoo head finance minister that led our economy into it's worst recession in history and slowest growth in 30yrs.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Onechancearmy(m): 12:40am On Apr 23, 2018
patrickmuf:
Finally, someone that thinks outta the box...Thumbs up...

Thanks. But it's true. If Iweala had granted Sowore an interview instead of getting upset with him for reaching her on a private number, then she would have had the moral right to call him out if Saharareporters publishes anything contrary to what she said.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Onechancearmy(m): 12:45am On Apr 23, 2018
Xander85:

If he had wanted an interview with Okojo-Iweala, he could have arranged one with her office couldn't he? Instead he (to all intents and purposes) waylaid her for an interview...and on he private number for that matter! And when she objected to him calling her on a line reserved only for family and friends he was busy claiming right. He's lucky it wasn't someone like me he was dealing with, i'd have given him an earful of abuse and slammed the phone down on his sanctimonious arsse!

But how do we know he wasn't trying to arrange an interview? He called her up at a late hour. I'm sure as an experienced journalist he would have known better than to seek an interview at such an inconvenient time. In any event, I don't like forming judgments after hearing only one side of a story. I await Mr. Sowore's response.

17 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by SalamRushdie: 12:46am On Apr 23, 2018
seunmsg:
Sadly, she accepted Jonathan's offer and ended up ruining the economy of the country at a time of serious revenue boom. History will not be kind to that woman.

They did a million times better than Buhari has abeg ..its clear from her narration there a pre planned ploy to make the Jonathan govt fail

15 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by tianshie(m): 12:46am On Apr 23, 2018
ademusiwa3r:
can sowore run for president, the answer is NO.. sowore is from biafra... making it impossible for him to run

sowore is considered illegal immigrate at the moment.

what presidency are igbo people talking about.. the people from the east cant run for the president of the federal republic any more..

i lossing my memory.. but if i try hard to use document from the internet. there was the colony (biafra meaning britain in africa) and the protectorate.. ( the remaining part of nigeria). you people voted yourself out in 2015.. it means only the people of the protectorate can run for the president of the federal republic of nigeria.

you people can only run inside so biafra.. but the people of the protectorate are allowed to run for president of so call biafra

as far as international law is concern.. you people from the colony ( so call biafra ) are all illegal immigrate..
shocked

some of you write nonsense on the internet. when someone name is shittu.. the person is a northerner.. when you fill people who are not from a state, they would cancel the election.

the police is expected to issue warrant of arrest for mr tinubu and mr tinubu should be arrested if he is found anywhere in lagos. that all police officers in lagos, should arrest mr tinubu and obasanjo.. you get 20 years in jail.. if mr tinubu or mr obasanjo refuse arrest, the law allows the police or military to shoot mr tinubu or mr obasanjo

that why awolowo form a party with aminu kano...a northern party. even in the usa and other countries,, it is the same.

nigeria prison, as a woman you most factor into your equation before you give a man your yash. it affect your child

Are you Okay?

30 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by martinlooter(m): 12:49am On Apr 23, 2018
This is just plain silly. There is nothing shocking here. Jonathan was handpicked ahead of more credible persons, it is just normal for some persons to fight back to reclaim their positions. Telling NOI to reject an offer is just a friendly advise. Even in my small position, some people have advised me to withdraw from certain commitments so as to undermine a particular person, doesn't mean its bad, its just plain strategy.
Secondly, I have reread that article above, apart from publishing voice conversations which probably implicated her, what other things were bad. If you're good and your activities are good, you shouldn't have any qualms if anybody goes to publish them online. It is when we are hiding something, that's when we tench when people publish our deeds.
In my opinion, it's actually NOI that is the bad person here, because she, in connivance with the then Petroleum Minister robbed Nigeria and Nigerians blind. Earning their salaries in foreign currencies. That in itself is criminal.
Please, be very objective and critical of certain things you see social and Print media, don't let anybody sway you from supporting your preferred candidate. PMB and Atiku must be brought down in 2019, let's have a youth president, at least for once in our lifetime. If we test and see that the youths are not good or incompetent, then we revert to the Old Men. For now, let's give the youths a chance.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by obailala(m): 12:52am On Apr 23, 2018
Xander85:

Messed up which economy? You must be referring to a Nigeria in a parallel universe!

Nigerias' economy was on an upward trajectory when GEJ and Okonjo-Iweala were in charge. Almost all socio-economic indicators were positive. This kwarruption-kwarruption you numbskulls keep on parroting about just to try and deflect blame for Buhari and APC gross incompetence and running the economy aground....you know Nigeria performed better in the corruption perception index during the time of GEJ? Even regarding security, can you actually say Nigeria is more secure today than when GEJ was President? Wasn't the naira better valued during the GEJ years than it is today with you 'man of integrity' in power? The present job losses nko.....can you compare the present job data to those of the GEJ years?

Come to think of it, since your 'saint' is now in power and corruption has purportedly been reduced to its barest minimum...since the price of oil has been above the budgeted estimates for at least the past two budgets....since the Buhari gov't has recovered all the billions of dollars they say GEJ gov't and PDP stole since 1999...since all this is now the case shouldn't we be experiencing economic boom and happiness?

That guy wasnt wrong; just about all the great achievements NOI made under OBJ were reversed under GEJ, and that was because GEJ as the boss couldnt hold things together.

Is it in terms of national debt?.. is in terms of the ECA or the foreign reserves?... NOI cleared all the nation's debts under OBJ and was able to accru national savings up to $60bn. But in a period when Nigeria enjoyed the largest unprecedented oil boom, national debts grew steadily to higher levels than it was before being cleared and no defined projects can be pointed out which those debts were used for. Similarly for foreign reserves and ECA, under OBJ NOI supervised these accounts growing from about $5bn to over $60bn. But under GEJ, the same NOI saw that same $60bn vaporize down to $30bn at a time when Nigeria earned its largest income.

Talking of economic indices all looking good under GEJ, that was just a function of high oil prices, high oil income and indiscriminate spending. When excess money is in the system and it's being spent indiscriminately, it tends to show positively on the economic indices like GDP growth rates et al. The real report card on whether the money was well 'spent or not usually shows up when the excess money supply dries up; and that takes us to late 2014/early 2015 when contractors started being owed, billions of dollars were being borrowed to pay salaries, next to nothing was being budgeted for capital expenditure in 2015 etc.

Some might pop up the "biggest economy in Africa" story, but that certaintly isnt an achievement which could have happened under a year of GEJ's rule; it is something which was built up over several years prior to 2010. In a nutshell, like I said before, all the great achievements of NOI happened when she was under obj, and those achievements were largely reversed when she served under gej.

55 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by RexTramadol1: 12:52am On Apr 23, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

Wetin Sowore do? You are just sensationalizing. There is nothing special in what I read there. He revealed their conservation. So? What more? The conversation wasn't even cordial afterall.
Besides, stfu about "withdrawing support from Sowore 2019". You never supported him. We know people like you, your sentiments and where your heart lies. undecided

If he cn leak a private conversation without Iweala's consent, he will one day sell the country's destiny for the right price.

16 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by macaphan007(m): 12:53am On Apr 23, 2018
Clinton9000:
Same Duke that hangs out in Dangote and Otedola yachts and houses, eating suyas. Birds of the same feathers, don't expect anything different!
Correct observation Duke will be worse than Jonathan and Buhari combined,people don't know these men they constitute a very strong organisation that will do the unthinkable in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Sirjamo: 12:54am On Apr 23, 2018
Xander85:

If the economy was doing fine as you claim, why did they have to borrow money just to pay salaries? Why were 21 states unable to pay salaries of their workers and meet other financial obligations? Why did Buhari have to bail out states as early in his administration as June 2015? Why did contractors have to abandon all federal projects due to the lack of funds? How many capital projects did they execute despite oil boom? Where is the second Niger bridge that Jonathan swore to deliver when he was campaigning in 2011? 450 billion dollars from crude oil receipts alone in six years and not even a single functional refinery, what did they spent all that money on? can you show me pictures of any federal project commissioned by JonathanI Worth 20 billion naira in six years? Did Okonjo warned of an impending economic crisis or not?

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 23, 2018
LOL surely she could have come up with a better title for her autobiography. That title makes her look guilty as hell.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by AZeD1(m): 12:57am On Apr 23, 2018
obailala:
During the Yaradua sicknesd saga, it may surprise you that every single south south governor was against Jonathan. This was part of the reason GEJ had to break the ECA vault at the time to buy the support of even his closest brothers.
Rich men don't do tribe.....That's what they use to keep poor and uneducated folks busy.

9 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by DoTheNeedful: 12:57am On Apr 23, 2018
RexTramadol1:

If he cn leak a private conversation without Iweala's consent, he will one day sell the country's destiny for the right price.

It is not meant to be private. They are NEVER friends. He is an investigative journalist. What you said is totally irrelevant. sad

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post / Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria / APC And PDP Supporters Parked Their Cars In Church In Benin Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.