Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book (84817 Views)

This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Soyinka Meets Sowore In Abuja Ahead Of His Court Appearance (Photos) / Unbowed And Unbroken: TIB Members Visit Defiant Sowore In DSS Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Wesely01(m): 7:56am On Apr 23, 2018
fergusen:
Sahara Reporters also implicated.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/04/17/how-jonathan-conceded-2015-election-book-by-okonjo-iweala-reveals/

Bye bye to Sowore's 2019 ambition. My support withdrawn. angry

Bros if you know what Sowore, omojuwa and young Nigeria did during Jonathan and this Buhari administration to come into power you will forever hate them . They are the reason why they feel Nigerian youths are not to be trusted .

7 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by obowunmi(m): 8:03am On Apr 23, 2018
Wesely01:

Bros if you know what Sowore, omojuwa and young Nigeria did during Jonathan and this Buhari administration to come into power you will forever hate them . They are the reason why they feel Nigerian youths are not to be trusted .

They were ALL PAID.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by trillville(m): 8:12am On Apr 23, 2018
rusher14:

$70 and you call that fell?

How many of such concessions have you made for Buhari who was selling at $25?

Oil prices have not gone below 30 dollars in the last 8 years.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by yemluc: 8:13am On Apr 23, 2018
Honestly I can not really understand the Moral lesson in this epistle...This woman fall my hand...So, are these claims the reason why d govt failed so woefully and looted all our money while leaving the Economy in shambles....I withdraw the respect I have for this woman with immediate effect..Rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Durchmann(m): 8:14am On Apr 23, 2018
forgiveness:

Jonathan didn't beat Donald Duke to become Vice President ahead him, rather it was Duke that refused to be the Vice President under is junior Yara dua before it passed to Jonathan.

Jonathan was nobody as at the time Obasanjo single handedly choosed him. He was not as popular as Duke.

My point is Duke never lobbied to be Vice President, he even regetted it after Obasanjo picked him because he lobbied to be the President then.

Where do you guys dig your info from ?

To the best of my knowledge (which was eyewitness at best) , I was a student at Unical at the time. Duke used public funds heavily to cajole students to move with him to Abuja in support of his bid to be Vice President. Students got different sums of money and joined hired buses to Abuja in his campaign. I remember clearly because I declined to go but my roomie went with one of his buses.
Jonathan was the only governor in the South-South as at the time, who didn't campaign for the seat of the VP. It was ironic when he got picked by Obj.

Don't just sit behind your phone and fabricate fake news please.

Politics is a really scary game indeed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by kaydp: 8:15am On Apr 23, 2018
Igba123:
is he? Who said he is and who said he is not? Nobody under our constitutn has d right to pronounce another corrupt except a court with competent jurisdiction(not a panel not efcc not whistle blowers). Every nigerian is a suspect including ur lords in gov't, u, myself but it takes d court to comfirm either we are or not. Buhari gov't is ignorant n u shouldn't stick ur neck out for dem else u'll lose ur head.
You haven't said anything new. Just drawing uneccessary conclusion. Ain't sticking out neck for nobody. I gave up on the country already. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Juban(m): 8:15am On Apr 23, 2018
seunmsg:
Sadly, she accepted Jonathan's offer and ended up ruining the economy of the country at a time of serious revenue boom. History will not be kind to that woman.
You are in self delusion. Probably amnesia. She was way above your generation and will keep moving higher. How many of your kins men has gotten half the international assignment and recognition she got after leaving office?

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by kingthreat(m): 8:18am On Apr 23, 2018
Good this revelation is coming out. Ya'll see why despite Buhari being a dullard, there's no better candidiate coming out who isn't extremely corrupt?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Gassa007: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2018
yemluc:
Honestly I can not really understand the Moral lesson in this epistle...This woman fall my hand...So, are these claims the reason why d govt failed so woefully and looted all our money while leaving the Economy in shambles....I withdraw the respect I have for this woman with immediate effect..Rubbish.
Young man you need to calm down,this is just an excerpt try read the full book
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2018
seunmsg:
Sadly, she accepted Jonathan's offer and ended up ruining the economy of the country at a time of serious revenue boom. History will not be kind to that woman.

The Ibos will not read your comment. They sleep on nairaland after several failed attempts to create an online medium to rival nairaland .The woman should have been in prison now in a sane environment for worst economic mismanagement ever witnessed globally. Over $50 billion dollars was looted by her kinsmen while she collaborated with them on vengeance against Nigeria. We shall see.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by tmcleo2k2(m): 8:23am On Apr 23, 2018
Same way he taped his discussions with Sanusi...Smh for Omoyele
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by chronique(m): 8:25am On Apr 23, 2018
deomelllo:

I did not say he borrowed to pay salary in 2012, I said Jona borrowed money from 2012 until Jona's last month in office/May 2015

Learn how to read and comprehen

Jona borrowed N2.57 Trillion within 2 years

Jona borrowed N2.57 Trillion within his first 2 years in office, he was practically borrowing N107.08bn every month.

Again, learn how to read and comprehend.

It's either you don't understand what you typed, or you forget things quickly. Go and read your no 3 item. You stated clearly that he was borrowing to pay salaries.

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by obailala(m): 8:28am On Apr 23, 2018
Whynotthetruth:

Enjoy your delusion...Nice day!!!
Facts are sacred, they cannot be changed or altered. This isnt a political argument, and most importantly, it isnt a GeJ vs PMb issue. It is an indisputable fact that NOI achieved far more for Nigeria under OBJ and basically rubbished her prior achievements under GeJ due to severe interference from oga at the top.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 23, 2018
chronique:

It's either you don't understand what you typed, or you forget things quickly. Go and read your no 3 item. You stated clearly that he was borrowing to pay salaries.

Did he not borrowed to pay salary before left office?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by luvinhubby(m): 8:30am On Apr 23, 2018
Misterdhee1:

You're an illiterate. Recession doesnt just happen. It's an accumulation of 2-3 years wrong economic policies. The signs were already there before Jonathan left

I will not dignify your ignorance with a response seeing you have nothing upstairs.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 23, 2018
Ibos will not read your comment. They sleep on nairaland after several failed attempts to create an online medium to rival nairaland .The woman should have been in prison now in a sane environment for worst economic mismanagement ever witnessed globally. Over $50 billion dollars was looted by her kinsmen while she collaborated with them on vengeance against Nigeria. We shall see.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by chronique(m): 8:36am On Apr 23, 2018
babaolofin:

Did he not borrowed to pay salary before left office?

Yes but that was towards the end of his tenure when America stopped buying our oil and we lost about half of our oil revenue. Government had to borrow to meet up with expenses. It's just like you earning 100k a month from your biz and you have budgeted and planned how your expenses would go and under that plan, your children's school fees and upkeep would take a certain amount. Few months into the year, your earnings drops to about 40k per month and you still need to keep up with your expenses that can't be altered. You'd certainly look for where to get the balance from which most times, would require you to borrow.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by yearegods: 8:46am On Apr 23, 2018
Ovamboland:

No pity for those 'lazy youths' who paid consultants to do the training and purchased 'expo' answers to the questions.

Serious? cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by chronique(m): 8:46am On Apr 23, 2018
rusher14:

$70 and you call that fell?

How many of such concessions have you made for Buhari who was selling at $25?

Oil price only dropped to $26 in the month of February alone in 2016 and it's been on a rise ever since. Not everyone here is a zombie. Don't push that script you're trying to play as it won't fly. As at today, oil is selling for about $75 per barrel.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 23, 2018
chronique:

Yes but that was towards the end of his tenure when America stopped buying our oil and we lost about half of our oil revenue. Government had to borrow to meet up with expenses. It's just like you earning 100k a month from your biz and you have budgeted and planned how your expenses would go and under that plan, your children's school fees and upkeep would take a certain amount. Few months into the year, your earnings drops to about 40k per month and you still need to keep up with your expenses that can't be altered. You'd certainly look for where to get the balance from which most times, would require you to borrow.

Sir, I agreed with you totally. My vengeance is this, in 2008, oil rose to $118/barel the highest in world's history , the oil rose to $140/barel in 2013 , the woman was still borrowing money, El - Rufai, Charles Soludo & international economic analysts complained against the policy, they were shouting Nigeria is the best economy in Africa. To test our economic strength & for political reasons, America stopped buying oil, oil price fell but oil subsidy bazaar continued. She had no option but to borrow to pay salary. She should be ashamed of herself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by teepain: 8:54am On Apr 23, 2018
obailala:
That guy wasnt wrong; just about all the great achievements NOI made under OBJ were reversed under GEJ, and that was because GEJ as the boss couldnt hold things together.

Is it in terms of national debt?.. is in terms of the ECA or the foreign reserves?... NOI cleared all the nation's debts under OBJ and was able to accru national savings up to $60bn. But in a period when Nigeria enjoyed the largest unprecedented oil boom, national debts grew steadily to higher levels than it was before being cleared and no defined projects can be pointed out which those debts were used for. Similarly for foreign reserves and ECA, under OBJ NOI supervised these accounts growing from about $5bn to over $60bn. But under GEJ, the same NOI saw that same $60bn vaporize down to $30bn at a time when Nigeria earned its largest income.

Talking of economic indices all looking good under GEJ, that was just a function of high oil prices, high oil income and indiscriminate spending. When excess money is in the system and it's being spent indiscriminately, it tends to show positively on the economic indices like GDP growth rates et al. The real report card on whether the money was well 'spent or not usually shows up when the excess money supply dries up; and that takes us to late 2014/early 2015 when contractors started being owed, billions of dollars were being borrowed to pay salaries, next to nothing was being budgeted for capital expenditure in 2015 etc.

Some might pop up the "biggest economy in Africa" story, but that certaintly isnt an achievement which could have happened under a year of GEJ's rule; it is something which was built up over several years prior to 2010. In a nutshell, like I said before, all the great achievements of NOI happened when she was under obj, and those achievements were largely reversed when she served under gej.

Many thanks. You have spoken my mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:55am On Apr 23, 2018
seunmsg:
According to Zombies, we Nigerians knw the difference

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by obailala(m): 8:56am On Apr 23, 2018
Xander85:

Of course i know your type, so i'm guessing this back and forth could go on forever without you ever admitting that the country..and by extension, the economy was better run during GEJs time as compared to today. We could argue from now till the cows come home, or we could go to the masses on the streets and ask if they're faring better today when compared to the immediate past admin'; we could ask all the millions that've lost their jobs how far; we could ask those seeking foreign exchange to either import goods or travel abroad; we could ask the mother whose wages are still the same but have fallen in real terms thanks to inflation and the devaluation of the naira, yet who has to go to the same market and buy goods and food for the family that has doubled in price since GEJ left; heck, if we could we could even ask the many that just couldn't go on any longer but decided to commit suicide due to your gods wonderful handling of the economy, or those that have been slaughtered by foreign, Ghadaffi-trained monsters masquerading as Fulani herdsmen (remember your god advised Benue people to try and accommodate these foreigners); we could ask the thousands of businesses that have closed shop since the coming of Buhari; we could ask why the FDIs aren't coming in as they were b/4 during the GEJ regime (probably they don't want to deal with the 'lazy yoot' that abound in Nigeria according to your man). We could ask all these people in the real world how their lives have improved now Buhari is President.

I don't think i ever claimed Nigeria was El-Dorado during GEJs tenure. What i took exception to was someone saying that Okonjo_Iweala ruined the economy...nothing could be further from the truth. It was during her tenure that the idea to save for the rainy day by way of the Sovereign Wealth Fund was first mooted...this was to compliment the excess crude account for which the GEJ gov't was sued in court so the money could be shared....guess who the linchpin was in that endeavour?

If you're still asking what projects GEJs gov't spent money on, then it's clear you're either being deceitful or you're seriously suffering from selective amnesia.

Can you provide a link showing where 'billions of dollars were borrowed' to pay salaries by the GEJ regime. I do remember Okonjo-Iweala saying that the country should brace up for a bit of belt-tightening since the oil prices were falling at a fast rate, but i never heard her saying things would be so dire to the point of Nigeria going into recession. It was Buharis' demarketing the economy and not hitting the ground running when he took over in 2015 (it took him about 7 months to appoint ministers as he said they're noise makers), coupled with the initial Forex policies of his admin....it was all this and more that led to recession. There was capital flight, little or no new FDIs, the nairas value headed south, businesses were failing left, right and centre, and there was the resultant loss of jobs arising from all this. The excuse the Buhari admin gives for the failure of their gov't being due to the fall in oyel prices shows how unimaginative, lazy and ill-prepared they are....they have no business being in gov't if all they do is hope oyel prices are favourable so they can carry out their plans and obligations. What was the price of oyel when OBJ took over in 1999, and why didn't we go into recession then since the price was so low at at the time?

Like i asked earlier, how come that since your 'man of action' Buhari is now President and corruption (which you lot claim was one of the reasons there was no money for governance during GEJs regime) has now been reduced to its barest minimum; that oil prices have on average been above budgeted estimates for at least the past two budgets; and that since the Buhari gov't, having done 3 years already, has recovered all those billions of dollars they claim was looted during the GEJ/PDP (of course they claimed billions were looted, so i'm assuming they'd have had their proof ready to show the court)...how come with all this going for them, we're yet to achieve Uhuru? After all, shouldn't all these 'positives' cancel out the corruption alleged to have taken place during the GEJ years, and still leave the Buhari gov't a few spare billions of dollars more to play with?
All these long talk but he simply missed the point from the start. Go back and read what I wrote and point out where the name PMB was mentioned? This isnt a GeJ vs PMb issue which never ends (dont have the strength for that please). The argument was about NOI's achievements under OBJ vs under GEJ and it is an indisputable fact that she achieved far more for Nigeria under OBJ and basically rubbished her prior achievements under GeJ due to severe interference from ogas at the top. That was simply the point I made and you should have focused on that instead of going off-point into this endless gej vs pmb tirade.

Now let me reiterate my point, try and be a bit more attentive this time; NOI did exceptionally well under OBJ but soiled her reputation under GEJ due to interference. All the great things she achieved during OBJs tenure were reversed before the end of GEJs tenure.

A lot of folks claim PMB and his people are the masters of 'blame trading', but just imaging the ridiculous watery arguments you keeping putting up about AMEACHI being the one who stopped GEJ and NOI from saving. After the FG was caught several times pilfering funds from the ECA, the state governors simply put pressure that the state's share of the ECA be released to them. The only thing more ridiculous and laughable than conveniently mentioning only the name of 1 governor (out of 36) is the fact that in your bid to play the blame game, you also allude that AMAECHI used voodoo on president GEJ which made the FG's lion share of the ECA funds (52%) to also be squandered. Amaechi must really be a powerful juju manipulator.

Regarding the borrowing of funds to pay salaries in February 2015, are you by any chance insinuating that I was lying about that?... A simple google search could have given you an answer. My point here again is simple, the moment oil prices and income started dwindling ftom mid-2014, the so-called beautifully performing Nigerian economy started tumbling, Naira started crashing, reserves depleted in a flash, the FG lacked liquid cash a if I remember, less than N20bn was allocated to the Work's ministry in the entire 2015, subsidy payments were owed to importers from August 2014 till GEJ left (this is what caused the horrible fuel scarcity in May 2015), Nigeria's beautiful GDP growth rate also crashed from its comfortable 6-7% to about 2% just before GEJ's crew handed over. Oh yes it isnt disputable that pMB messed a lot of things up, but by any stroke, claiming that all things were rosy even up to the time GEj hamded over is false; with the way the economy was run under GEJ, the only reason the indices were positive was because a lot of oil miney was flowing into the system.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by chronique(m): 8:59am On Apr 23, 2018
babaolofin:

Sir, I agreed with you totally. My vengeance is this, in 2008, oil rose to $118/barel the highest in world's history , the oil rose to $140/barel in 2013 , the woman was still borrowing money, El - Rufai, Charles Soludo & international economic analysts complained against the policy, they were shouting Nigeria is the best economy economy in Africa. To test our economic strength & for political reasons, America stopped buying oil, oil price fell but oil subsidy bazaar continued. She had no option but to borrow to pay salary. She should be ashamed of herself.

Jonathan wasn't in charge in 2008. It's like most Nigerians have forgotten there was a president before Jonathan. Jonathan became acting president on the 6th of May, 2010. Shamsudeen usman was the minister of finance under yar 'adua from 2007-2009 and was replaced by Mansur muhtar. Ngozi okonjo iweala became finance minister in July 2011.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by chronique(m): 9:05am On Apr 23, 2018
babaolofin:

Sir, I agreed with you totally. My vengeance is this, in 2008, oil rose to $118/barel the highest in world's history , the oil rose to $140/barel in 2013 , the woman was still borrowing money, El - Rufai, Charles Soludo & international economic analysts complained against the policy, they were shouting Nigeria is the best economy in Africa. To test our economic strength & for political reasons, America stopped buying oil, oil price fell but oil subsidy bazaar continued. She had no option but to borrow to pay salary. She should be ashamed of herself.

Oil price rose to $147 per barrel in 2008 when Jonathan wasn't president, and the highest it got to in 2013 was a little above $110. As a matter of fact, it started dropping to around $90 towards the end of 2013.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:06am On Apr 23, 2018
Just imagine the guts of this world bank stooge, an institution that loves nothing more that bleeping with developing countries, China succeeded because it did the exact opposite of the world bank/IMF scammers recommendations, and a lot of animals commenting are mad at Sowore for exposing her, some for exposing Saraki, some Buhari even a few Fayose fans, a lot of you would die before seeing 24 hours electricity and you would keep electing these old fools, and then elect their kids like Saraki, Rochas dynasty.
I thought for a minute most Igbo's were woke but this thread shows a lot are just hurt Johnathan and his cronies were kicked out, that any sane Nigerian can defend Johnathan/Buhari and condemn a guy exposing them shows how traumatized the average Nigerian youth is.. sorry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by obailala(m): 9:07am On Apr 23, 2018
fabre4:

You guys refused ban on subsidy but come here to complain about depleting reserves...Your saint amaechi used court to share TSA money and other things...I am not saying GeJ was not corrupt but you guys were part of the reason for financial Meltdown.

Obasanjo chop PHCN and NEPA money wella so he didn't need to use much of the reserve. LOL
Talking about subsidy protest, the reason Nigerians rejected the subsidy removal isnt differ3nt from the reason Nigerians have rejected and protested every single fuel price increase since the 90's. Quit going about for the sake of politics acting sanctimoniously like you were not opposed to subsidy removal in 2012. So all the Nigerians all over the place blasting the government then and creating memes then, who exactly were they at the time (since every Jonathanian now claims they were in support of subsidy removal in 2012)?... Can you swear on the life of your family that in 2012, you @fabre4 were in total support of subsidy removal?

Regarding ECA, a lot of you folks claim PMB and his people are the masters of 'blame trading', but just imaging the ridiculous watery arguments you keeping putting up about AMEACHI being the one who stopped GEJ and NOI from saving. After the FG was caught several times pilfering funds from the ECA, the state governors simply put pressure that the state's share of the ECA be released to them. The only thing more ridiculous and laughable than conveniently mentioning only the name of 1 governor (out of 36) is the fact that in your bid to play the blame game, you also allude that AMAECHI used voodoo on president GEJ which made the FG's lion share of the ECA funds (52%) to also be squandered. Amaechi must really be a powerful juju manipulator acxording to your logic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by sweetgala(m): 9:12am On Apr 23, 2018
fk001:
Donald Duke is corrupt we all know that.

Sowore is a cyber bully he attacks anyone that is against him through his fake News channel.

He did it to Saraki, Dino, Jonathan and so many more.

None of those three men mentioned are decent individuals. They are the scum of the earth the people who take from the poor children and windows may their descendants suffer a million times for the pain they have caused Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by sweetgala(m): 9:29am On Apr 23, 2018
Xander85:

Messed up which economy? You must be referring to a Nigeria in a parallel universe!

Nigerias' economy was on an upward trajectory when GEJ and Okonjo-Iweala were in charge. Almost all socio-economic indicators were positive. This kwarruption-kwarruption you numbskulls keep on parroting about just to try and deflect blame for Buhari and APC gross incompetence and running the economy aground....you know Nigeria performed better in the corruption perception index during the time of GEJ? Even regarding security, can you actually say Nigeria is more secure today than when GEJ was President? Wasn't the naira better valued during the GEJ years than it is today with you 'man of integrity' in power? The present job losses nko.....can you compare the present job data to those of the GEJ years?

Come to think of it, since your 'saint' is now in power and corruption has purportedly been reduced to its barest minimum...since the price of oil has been above the budgeted estimates for at least the past two budgets....since the Buhari gov't has recovered all the billions of dollars they say GEJ gov't and PDP stole since 1999...since all this is now the case shouldn't we be experiencing economic boom and happiness?

You guys are so annoying walahi!

Which upwards trajectory, the Nigerian economy was living a false reality at the time, those were boom years of great oil price , the country was spending what it didn't have we were borrowing to pay wages including FG , through those years the defacto PM didn't do anything about the poor revenue generation of the customs while we were importing at an alarming rate.

Please don't ever make that statement that we had an economy on the upwards trajectory, if okonjo-Iweala had remained as a finance minister the oil price bubble burst and recession would have left us in a bad place.

We still have a very poor economy but I'm rather more comfortable with the way this current government sees the problem for what it is. We have a very poor base to stand on export of oil is not a dependable source of income we need to broaden our scope.

This government has really tried if one may be sincere thou they have their very obvious errors but they are not pretentious about the realities of where we find ourselves.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by wisdomkid: 9:29am On Apr 23, 2018
tinkinjow:
The real mafia a lot don't know...and it doesn't take O.Iweala's writings to know....

He's by a million yards a better administrator than Buhari

You be big mumu oh

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by wisdomkid: 9:31am On Apr 23, 2018
Sirjamo:
Well, looking back now, I wish she had taken Mr Duke's advice, she eventually messed up our economy.

Joke of the century you are.
Who messed up your economy? Are you this stupid?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by forgiveness: 9:42am On Apr 23, 2018
Durchmann:

Where do you guys dig your info from ?

To the best of my knowledge (which was eyewitness at best) , I was a student at Unical at the time. Duke used public funds heavily to cajole students to move with him to Abuja in support of his bid to be Vice President. Students got different sums of money and joined hired buses to Abuja in his campaign. I remember clearly because I declined to go but my roomie went with one of his buses.
Jonathan was the only governor in the South-South as at the time, who didn't campaign for the seat of the VP. It was ironic when he got picked by Obj.

Don't just sit behind your phone and fabricate fake news please.

Politics is a really scary game indeed.

Obasanjo wanted a South South candidate for the 2007 election and that was the main reason Peter Odili and Donald Duke had the intention to run for the President post in 2007, but the Northern carcus persuaded Obasanjo to stick to the early arrangement to return the Presidency to the North after his tenure and the fact that Atiku who left to contest on another political party platform could win the election if pitched against a South South candidate, hence the need to bring someone who can get votes from the North and support of the PDM initially behind Atiku. The obvious candidate was the brother of the person that the formed the PDM Yaradua, and to compensate the South South who were initially in the forefront to run for the President in 2007, the Vice President was seceeded to them.

This thing happened within two days. So, there was no way Donald Duke would have thought the South South will get the Vice President slot before coming to Abuja.

Remember, you were hired with money, it doesn't mean you knew what you were doing. cheesy

Donald Duke never aspired to be Vice President going to Abuja. He rather aspired to contest as the President.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Your God Is Powerless And Useless - Dr Olufunmilayo Reacts To Deborah's Death / Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria / Photo: Inec Staff That Were Killed Today In Dukku Lga Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.