Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

"Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka (49549 Views)

Mikel Obi And His Family In Nigeria, Wife Experiences Culture Shock, Dances / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nackzy: 11:21am On Apr 24, 2018
Mikel reminds me of my uncle that was in federal house of reps. .. He never for one day gave us money upto 3k

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by okenwaa(m): 11:22am On Apr 24, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Mikel Obi is a stingy fool.
He should keep spending his money on that Russian garbage.

At the end of the day, those kids will go to their mom's side and he'd be bitter and lonely.
This family members that he's neglecting today are the ones he'd fall back on when times change.

It's probably because of this same tightfistedness that his father was kidnapped.

Nwaamaikpe na u kidnap d@ man shikena....
Na where u get money buy phone cm dey worry us 4 NL

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Turnedaround: 11:22am On Apr 24, 2018
For all those supporting Mikel, just remember eboue of ivory coast, with all the millions he made from his career, and living his life the white man's way, I. E neglecting his extended family and focusing on his oyinbo wife, didn't he run down.

There is nothing wrong extending small hand to your extended family, especially when the person in question is sick and your uncle, mind you if he doesn't do it, God can raise someone else to do it,

Or he wants them to take it public to raise money for his treatment, like his cousin said, it not even about money, do you people know how close the uncle was to him growing up, cos you'd notice he asked mikel's father, if Mikel knows his sick.

So y'all can say whatever you like, but you only know what you know,

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by 3kay945(m): 11:22am On Apr 24, 2018
If you are rich, it becomes part of your responsibility to help and assist some if not all poor members of your family. Extended inclusive.

I don't like the way the dude made it public affair though.

It gladden my heart when I help people.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by grandstar(m): 11:22am On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:
These people don't even know how this things work ....you think all that millions he's raking in is all his? Do you know how much of it he needs to spend on tax, insurance, mortgage financing, health care, fitness and so on? Do they realize he's married? Do they also realize he now has kids or his playing days are getting over?

Family, please be patient ....your seemingly wealthy relatives are not your ATM o!

Trust me, If I had 10% of what some of these guys make, I will make sure none of my relations are poor.

Mikel at Chelsea was making 80,000 pounds a week. With top tax rate at 40% and let us add an extra 10% for other things, he will be left with at least 40,000 pounds a week.

In China, I learnt he earns 140,000 in China weekly. After tax, he will be left with 70,000. That comes to 10,000 a day or 5m a day.

Helping others is more about passion than about what you have.

I know a lady whose dad abandoned her mum and her 4 siblings. They grew up poor.

She however the first born was fortunate to have been born overseas. When she grew up and travelled there, she brought all her siblings to the U.K.

I know another guy, his generous uncle seeing he had been denied visas to America a couple of times decided to pay his school fees in an American university in 1983 ($10,000) which enabled him get a visa. Upon arrival in the States, his nephew kept requesting for money complaining of one problem or the other (He was lying as he eventually bought a car with it)

This nephew upon coming home for the first time in 2007 after 24 years visited his uncle at his house in their hometown. He gave his wife 10,000, gave the uncle 20,000. He now left. The uncle told them to prepare pounded yam with bush meat for him when he returns in the evening.

His nephew never returned.

The nephew travelled back to the States and kept coming to Nigeria regularly but never visited his uncle.

The nephew is now late (2014 or so). His soul rests in peace (Ecc 9:5)

His uncle wish was to help each family and they in turn help those beneath them but it didn't work out that way.

If Mikel Obi was truly generous, his cousin's utterance would be condemned through the goodwill he would have created.

Granted, stroke isn't cheap to treat but I sense the sense of devotion isn't there.

You'd be surprised he'll use 2m or more to come for the burial when it is time. Or do you expect him to fly coach?

11 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by gaby(m): 11:22am On Apr 24, 2018
Dude is a tramp.That's how they go ganging up and feeling entitled on other people's lives and successes. It hurts even more when at your down time and before the success you never bugged them with whatever you were having to deal with.
I don't even pay no one any mind, afterall na them get their mouth if na shit dem wan use am chop e no concern me.

That was how a cousin saw i had moved my kid brother over to Europe and my immediate family had started balling,only for him to call me out of the blues that he was stranded in Libya and needed money to cross over into Italy.Told him cool,give me sometime to sort you out even though you never gave me a heads up before this dangerous move. He started telling me bullocks as if i sent him on the trip. And remembering what i'd gone through in my time, i just blanked him. I did send his other older siblings money from time to time though even though i owed them lot absolutely nada.

Click on my signature to find Europe through the deserts and seas of Africa-the perils,triumphs and karma

5 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by ItsTime4me(m): 11:24am On Apr 24, 2018
ositadima1:

See your mouth, howmuch would it cost him to help is uncle out in Nigeria, what is 1 or 2 million naira to him? I am not saying is his obligation but come-on its his close relative.

Shameful that we are loosing our African values to Oyibo's mentality, in Africa we help family members in need when the means are there, we don't have social welfare or government agencies that carter for the less privileged.

You should show more empathy, life is not easy for everyone.
. May God bless you my guy. Some people, as soon as they are made, turn their backs on their family members and friends. They forget that the people you meet on your way up are those you will meet on your way down. It is so very good to extend a helping hand to those in need.

5 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 24, 2018
Reference:

Give them 10 million on what basis. They should apply to the foundation. The only privilege they have is to support Mr. Mikel and work for him to earn a living without an interview. The mentality in the text is telling. Yes God blesses but even that is not by luck. Paul said, 'I worked harder than all the other apostles' all of which were physically with Jesus. So acknowledging luck or in Christianity (grace) does not foreclose what a man has to do for himself. If he had written a proposal at the time of thefoundation lauch as to how to make it a success, he won't be having this complaint today. People must learn to add value to others as a means of gaining value. If you earn thousands today and want millions tomorrow, add value to millionaires or the million naira ideas they inspire. Even God Almighty runs from folks who only come around when they are needy.
hahahaha thanks Sir, learnt a lot from your write up.

We know is good to work hard but life is useless having family impact. Do you know if Mikel go broke today is this same fam that will help him.

In all nothing like your family

3 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by doctorpromise(m): 11:24am On Apr 24, 2018
Please are you expected to take care of your cousins? Like is it one of your responsibilities? Cos I have lots of cousins that I barely talk to

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by SIRTee15: 11:25am On Apr 24, 2018
Naija youths are not lazy but they have this annoying entitlement mentality....
Like, everything should just fall in place for them without putting much effort.....
Look at how this one is ranting as if mikel obi is obligation to help just because they are relatives....
The same way they believe Nigeria should solve all their problems simply because it's an oil producing nation....

They won't use their brain to think of pragmatic n feasible solutions to their challenges.....
How about the youths coming together n brainstorm on establishing a form of geriatric support system for the elderly in the community.....
Whereby elderly without financial means get the care n support they need in old age without being a burden to their children or the younger generation....
Is the above not a better plan than harassing the likes of mikel obi up n down.....

5 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by ipobarecriminals: 11:25am On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:
These people don't even know how this things work ....you think all that millions he's raking in is all his? Do you know how much of it he needs to spend on tax, insurance, mortgage financing, health care, fitness and so on? Do they realize he's married? Do they also realize he now has kids or his playing days are getting over?

Family, please be patient ....your seemingly wealthy relatives are not your ATM o!
sad
bigtt76:

this one nor consign dem. dem dey pluck money for yonder
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by toye440: 11:27am On Apr 24, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

At the end of the day, those kids will go to their mom's side and he'd be bitter and lonely.
This family members that he's neglecting today are the ones he'd fall back on when times change.

It's probably because of this same tightfistedness that his father was kidnapped.
Hes Mikel Obi not Daniel Amokachi. He owes nobody any dime. Bye d way u r just cousins not even blood brothers, guy dont b like yusuf commot go find job jare.

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Mejor79(m): 11:27am On Apr 24, 2018
Though is not easy to give money but can also assist in other ways.

Mikel can do something for his relatives to also reduce poverty.

Yes, God is the only that enrich but He will use someone like Mikel He has empowered.

Set up a scholarship/development fund with 5million Naira and call on other relations who can support into the fund use that and develop your relatives/family that's what very rich people do and earn respect and honor.
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by xjiggy: 11:28am On Apr 24, 2018
All of una wey dey support Mikel, continue. Shey Na #1billion dem take dey help person. Na so dem support Eboue. Where im dey now. Im dey squat with friend after oyinbo woman show am pepper. Mikel go carry Russian billionaire pickin put for house. Just to pay bills, he have to go play for China forgetting say Im career no be forever. I dey here dey watch

7 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by tonididdy(m): 11:28am On Apr 24, 2018
If you know how much is made in football ,you would surely blame mikes for not helping his family.

Russians are almost like Nigerians them get that hustoling spirit and sabe do cunny.

so I know where mikel's righthand is coming from. I can't blame the dude sometimes people Marry mind controlling wives

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Bimpe29: 11:28am On Apr 24, 2018
You don't wash your linen outside... God knows better...
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by yinnyme(m): 11:29am On Apr 24, 2018
I don't blame this guy, y'all may not understand the feelings, sometimes you don't need to give these people money, sometimes all you need to do is help one of their children and they are set for life.

The thing is seemingly rich relations aren't that rich ooo, while some don't just give a damn.

My advise, until you stop looking up to them, God won't show up. As long as you keep looking up to your relations for uploftment don't claim you are looking up to God.

Perhaps you are in this guy shoes, believe me you can meet them and overtake them. Intact where are the millionaires of 80's and early 90's .

You can meet them and overtake them. Yes you fit!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by fortunechy(m): 11:30am On Apr 24, 2018
is it in Nigerian constitution that he must help u??.... keep waiting for someone to help u. Don't go n hustle.... chairman Lazy Nigerian youth

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by ItsTime4me(m): 11:32am On Apr 24, 2018
toye440:

Hes Mikel Obi not Daniel Amokachi. He owes nobody any dime. Bye d way u r just cousins not even blood brothers, guy dont b like yusuf commot go find job jare.
. I agree with you that he should not depend on Mikel. Infact I tell people never to rely on a friend or brother who is financially buoyant. Hustle for yourself. It gives you dignity. However, it is not appropriate to abandon your loved ones if you have the means to help them.

3 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:

The sense of entitlement is high in that one.

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 24, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

These family members that he's neglecting today are the same ones he'd fall back on when times change.

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by AreaFada2: 11:32am On Apr 24, 2018
SuperSuave:
You guys seem to be in support of Mikel, he should who love to his extended family too.
Agreed that extended family issue is difficult as people are saying. But an uncle is not that far at all. In cases involving illness, even people like us without the massive income Mikel has often step in to assist. Even more extended family like dad's or mum's cousins. Even kids of those depending.

Footballers of Mikel's generation left home to Europe relatively early. Around age of 17. Perhaps only ever meeting such relatives a few times ever. Such people are far more European in outlook than African. Mikel also was born & raised in Jos. Again making the concept of kinship with relatives in Igboland & maybe Lagos quite weak.

This will increasingly become the norm. Only nuclear families. Unless 9ja develops economically very fast, the "de-extension" of family ties will create very many lonely people (especially the elderly) as already common in the West. A significant reduction in social support network. Only that the West has their social welfare & safety net that Nigeria hasn't.
Something sociologists should begin addressing now.

6 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by grandstar(m): 11:32am On Apr 24, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
pls say what you know oversabi.

So if Mikel give his relatives 10m he will become poor abi?

Mikel probably earns about 80,000pounds a week after tax.

If he only showed he cared and then helped, it would make a difference.

10m is too much.

Even 1m may work wonders.

Really caring is the real thing

4 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by subcbouy: 11:36am On Apr 24, 2018
grandstar:

Mikel probably earns about 80,000pounds a week after tax.

If he only showed he cared and then helped, it would make a difference.

10m is too much.

Even 1m may work wonders.

Really caring is the real thing
Did you bother to know if there is childhood relationship with his cousin? If there is no relation, it may look difficult.
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by julitoch: 11:37am On Apr 24, 2018
All of you blaming Michael don't know how this thing works beside you are not in his shoes and we just heard from his cousins side, we have not heard from Michael, we don't know what he has done for the family years back, if you have been in a situation where the whole relations both maternal and paternal is depending on you then you will understand, a times you will feel like not talk to anybody for years because they will want to drive you crazy by their incessant demands and to the cousin, doesn't he have his contact, why must he call him out on social media like he is owing him, that is absolutely wrong. Is not by force to help someone, you do that as the spirit leads.

8 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by juhlyouss(m): 11:37am On Apr 24, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

These family members that he's neglecting today are the same ones he'd fall back on when times change.

hello....must u talk...am so sure u will be worse if u are d one. so kip quiet

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by julitoch: 11:37am On Apr 24, 2018
subcbouy:
Did you bother to know if there is childhood relationship with his cousin? If there is no relation, it may look difficult.
Very correct
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 24, 2018
baba God, please DON'T BLESS me with the type of

wealth that I cannot assist a stranger with, HOW

MUCH MORE A RELATION!

#a word is enough.......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by gwmlogistic: 11:41am On Apr 24, 2018
When they say lazy yoots now, u will all be fighting

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by alebz007: 11:42am On Apr 24, 2018
Good morning dear friends, How're we doing today? Just want to wish you all a beautiful day Thinking of building a second income stream? Join Oriflame today!!
Details/Enquiries? Kingsley 08149322437
God bless you.
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Obason22(m): 11:43am On Apr 24, 2018
He have endured enough, that is why he let the cat out of bag, let the world no that he only care for outsiders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Geesaintagape: 11:44am On Apr 24, 2018
Mikel pls show them family love we kno life is not east.
Charity begins @ home.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell / Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty / Photo Of Mikel Obi And His Daughter Cooking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.