Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,367 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

"Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka (49534 Views)

Mikel Obi And His Family In Nigeria, Wife Experiences Culture Shock, Dances / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by oyetpel(m): 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
baranzy:
Years ago my uncle had an issues which he lost his properties and he became poor..his son my cousin stayed wt us for 2years...during his stay my parents made sure he finished his secondary education and the sponsored his senior waec and jamb exams... We slept on same bed he shared my clothes and shoes with me..his first Nokia phone was bought by my dad..he never lacked anything staying with us cuz he was a blood cousin..I remember how much my mum spent and how hard we fasted when he applied for visa lottery which he got..we all rejoiced and we all contributed to pay for his flight..
On the day of his travel my dad bought him clothes worth 45k as of 2006and my mum gave him 150 dollars....
After many years abroad he is now rich and married with 3 kids...bought houses in Lagos and Owerri..built a house for his mother in-law and he is doing very well...
When he came to visit my parents last year he cud only give them 5k each...I heard DAT I got very mad took the money and threw it on his face...I just told my parents to leave everything for God..they played their role and if he doesn't want to appreciate them is left for him and God...

This always happen with most relatives, what usually cause it?

How could they forget the help they received before they travelled abroad?

5 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by afbstrategies: 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2018
They are cousins now because he is doing good in life. If Mikel is a truck pusher, he will not get this kind of letter from this cousin. There are reasons why people like this don’t get assistance from others. Calm down, be patient and pray to God to make your cousin remember and assist you. That’s the best way to take life.

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Adedoks(m): 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2018
gaventa:
So somebody cannot have money and be stingy in peace again
Lol

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by boyjo: 12:29pm On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:
These people don't even know how this things work ....you think all that millions he's raking in is all his? Do you know how much of it he needs to spend on tax, insurance, mortgage financing, health care, fitness and so on? Do they realize he's married? Do they also realize he now has kids or his playing days are getting over?

Family, please be patient ....your seemingly wealthy relatives are not your ATM o!

If he was married to a Nigerian lady, would you have asked that or accused the wife of hypnosis?
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by LZAA: 12:29pm On Apr 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Mad man on the loose.

Who told you you can fall back on family members? Woo, in today's world if you don't have money family members don't send you.

You are on your own. Nobody is ready to embrace poor family members otherwise they will drain you and bring you Down!
Even your own siblings, if they don't work hard and rise........omo na to go beg your landlord or go back to the village you dey....

Wetin concern me with all these igbo villagers sef....

Cc Imhotep LZAA Onyeara
sai caliphate grin grin
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Westbestside: 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:
These people don't even know how this things work ....you think all that millions he's raking in is all his? Do you know how much of it he needs to spend on tax, insurance, mortgage financing, health care, fitness and so on? Do they realize he's married? Do they also realize he now has kids or his playing days are getting over?

Family, please be patient ....your seemingly wealthy relatives are not your ATM o!
That is not an excuse for not helping his family.

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by fabianiweka: 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
pls say what you know oversabi.

So if Mikel give his relatives 10m he will become poor abi?
stupid idiot lazy Nigeria youth your papa dey sick you wan carry am go give your cousin.why will he help your father?what did your Father did for him
Abeg make your papa die make milkel fit take care of him family

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
fabianiweka:
stupid idiot lazy Nigeria youth your papa dey sick you wan carry am go give your cousin.why will he help your father?what did your Father did for him
Abeg make your papa die make milkel fit take care of him family
bigtt76:

At least,£100 will not tear his pocket.If na your uncl e be Mikel you fit yarn dust pass that one.

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2018
See am, lazy yoot
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by ChidiAlaigbo: 12:35pm On Apr 24, 2018
baranzy:
Years ago my uncle had an issues which he lost his properties and he became poor..his son my cousin stayed wt us for 2years...during his stay my parents made sure he finished his secondary education and the sponsored his senior waec and jamb exams... We slept on same bed he shared my clothes and shoes with me..his first Nokia phone was bought by my dad..he never lacked anything staying with us cuz he was a blood cousin..I remember how much my mum spent and how hard we fasted when he applied for visa lottery which he got..we all rejoiced and we all contributed to pay for his flight..
On the day of his travel my dad bought him clothes worth 45k as of 2006and my mum gave him 150 dollars....
After many years abroad he is now rich and married with 3 kids...bought houses in Lagos and Owerri..built a house for his mother in-law and he is doing very well...
When he came to visit my parents last year he cud only give them 5k each...I heard DAT I got very mad took the money and threw it on his face...I just told my parents to leave everything for God..they played their role and if he doesn't want to appreciate them is left for him and God...

What exactly does he do abroad and where is he?
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by greatman247(m): 12:35pm On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:

Wow I love your sense of reasoning but Mikel for at least try small for his family.

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Silvermoney: 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2018
We know how annoying sense of entitlement is, but come on. Once we are successful in this part of the world, we have the moral obligation to take care of our families as long as we have the resources to do so. I see some of you shouting go and work hard, but life doesn't work like that. Lots of people work hard everyday with nothing to show for it except being able to feed and put a roof over their head.

If something terrible happens (an illness, eviction from your house, etc), you will understand that you have been living in abject poverty. When you need only N1m to save your life or solve a desperate problem, but all your life savings from your salary and earnings is not even up to N200k, who do you run to for help? And yet you have a first cousin or nephew who has billions, come on. Life is unpredictable and dynamic. We have to look after our own if God has chosen to bless us in his infinite wisdom. God's blessings are not for us alone. It's for us and everyone lucky enough to be close enough to us. It's really important.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by chukzyfcbb: 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2018
The holy book says the first person to speak in court is adjudged to be correct until his opponent begins to question him.

I can't judge this case until we hear mikels side of the story.

I remember when Emmanuel Adebayors family was castigating him for not helping them, then when adbeyaor began to give expository story of how much he has been giving the family and how they expect some sort of monthly million stipend from him, I pitied him.

His sister took the house he gave them mis managed it and put it in ruins. The story is online, you can google it.

Sometimes these footballers have invested so much into these familyx but the family sees u as a cash cow. so no amount you give them is exactly enough. Emmanuel Adebayor is an example

3 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by roqrules04(m): 12:40pm On Apr 24, 2018
The bitter truth is no one actually owes you anything

4 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by stacyadams: 12:46pm On Apr 24, 2018
baranzy:
u know the true color of a man wen he has money..u know the true color of a woman when the man doesn't have money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Reference(m): 12:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
hahahaha thanks Sir, learnt a lot from your write up.

We know is good to work hard but life is useless having family impact. Do you know if Mikel go broke today is this same fam that will help him.

In all nothing like your family

I understand but I just don't like the tone of tje dude and that psyche makes him a suspect. How can he imply that Mikel is in China today 'by luck'. Which indirectly means he cannot fend for his father because he is unlucky. Look man, I have a philosophy in life. Never will I desire what I cannot have. What if Mikel drops dead today. Is his destiny dead as well. We Africans love sentiments that is why ee don't develop. Our so called 'family centric traditions' is why we are too cruel to society in general. If Mikel did not deploy his skills, work hard and trade it for the success of his various clubs and the pleasure of many, will he be where he is today. Is there any man without a skill. But the moment an African man sees his neighbour move forward instead of competing or complimenting he sits, looks, critiques and finally complains.

Nigerians hace a problem with everyone successful from Dangote to Davido yo David Oyedepo yet it is the same folks that moan that they don't do enogh for their 'people'. Trust me, the formula is the same. it is the sick father. Settle that matter and it becomes the house rent, then school fees, the Christmas cow. The day you get fed up, you become a devil. I just discharged one last week. One year and hundreds of thousands of naira. Everyday something.

I have nothing against Mikel helping out but it should come with a strong caveat placing a life changing demand on the person such that he either shapes up or ships out, period. Toni Nadal, Rafa's uncle made a lifetime sacrifice teaching and touring with the lad until he retired last year. Today Toni is richer that Rafa's own blood father. That is a real and proper life.
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by 4C2215131: 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
Reference:

Give them 10 million on what basis. They should apply to the foundation. The only privilege they have is to support Mr. Mikel and work for him to earn a living without an interview. The mentality in the text is telling. Yes God blesses but even that is not by luck. Paul said, 'I worked harder than all the other apostles' all of which were physically with Jesus. So acknowledging luck or in Christianity (grace) does not foreclose what a man has to do for himself. If he had written a proposal at the time of thefoundation lauch as to how to make it a success, he won't be having this complaint today. People must learn to add value to others as a means of gaining value. If you earn thousands today and want millions tomorrow, add value to millionaires or the million naira ideas they inspire. Even God Almighty runs from folks who only come around when they are needy.

You've made your point but please don't bring God into this. He's just too deep for you to fathom His ways.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by 4C2215131: 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2018
Nackzy:
Mikel reminds me of my uncle that was in federal house of reps. .. He never for one day gave us money upto 3k

Hahahaha...hehehehehe!

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Reference(m): 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
If Mikel was a Minister in government or Senator in the House of Assembly they will fully expect him to steal because the official salary package will certainly not be able to go round 'family' members.
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by 4C2215131: 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
gaby:
Dude is a tramp.That's how they go ganging up and feeling entitled on other people's lives and successes. It hurts even more when at your down time and before the success you never bugged them with whatever you were having to deal with.
I don't even pay no one any mind, afterall na them get their mouth if na shit dem wan use am chop e no concern me.

That was how a cousin saw i had moved my kid brother over to Europe and my immediate family had started balling,only for him to call me out of the blues that he was stranded in Libya and needed money to cross over into Italy.Told him cool,give me sometime to sort you out even though you never gave me a heads up before this dangerous move. He started telling me bullocks as if i sent him on the trip. And remembering what i'd gone through in my time, i just blanked him. I did send his other older siblings money from time to time though even though i owed them lot absolutely nada.

Click on my signature to find Europe through the deserts and seas of Africa-the perils,triumphs and karma

I can relate!

Sometimes you just gotta turn the blind eye to their sense of entitlement and help them anyway. At the end, they still fam even if lots are dickheads! Makes me sleep better at night knowing I'm helping folks who don't deserve nada from me. You doing it already with the elder bro of the knucklehead that called you up. Please don't stop now. It's a beautiful thing, helping folks out.

3 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by bigtt76(f): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
You are very apt with your calculations and understanding but what I was trying to convey out there is not necessarily that paying of taxes or other stuff are hindering Mikel from helping his families but rather of relatives back in Naija trying to swindle their relatives back abroad (vice versa). He may have suffered this or more in recent time hence the voicemail attitude.

The truth however lies in his father ....his father may not be relaying the messages or how other members of the nuclear families are to Mikel. There's no way his father would request for something and not get it from Mikel naaa. If his father truly love his own brother, there's no way he would not have asked Mikel to assist trust me.

In some families ...brothers and sisters may not necessarily be in good terms but that is for another day.

Remember also that once married or in a civil relationship with a foreigner, there's always that tendency to have shared accounts in which case both the woman and man contribute into it and both have to be aware of spendings from it. Mikel might have been in such a relationship.

There's no way the woman would allow Mikel send money home frequently with the way his relatives are bashing him for not marrying from their own tribe. She would always suspect it has to do with another marriage to a Nigerian wife. Trust me ....Mikel can get killed for that. Russian babes are not to be toyed with o!

grandstar:

Trust me, If I had 10% of what some of these guys make, I will make sure none of my relations are poor.

Mikel at Chelsea was making 80,000 pounds a week. With top tax rate at 40% and let us add an extra 10% for other things, he will be left with at least 40,000 pounds a week.

In China, I learnt he earns 140,000 in China weekly. After tax, he will be left with 70,000. That comes to 10,000 a day or 5m a day.

Helping others is more about passion than about what you have.

I know a lady whose dad abandoned her mum and her 4 siblings. They grew up poor.

She however the first born was fortunate to have been born overseas. When she grew up and travelled there, she brought all her siblings to the U.K.

I know another guy, his generous uncle seeing he had been denied visas to America a couple of times decided to pay his school fees in an American university in 1983 ($10,000) which enabled him get a visa. Upon arrival in the States, his nephew kept requesting for money complaining of one problem or the other (He was lying as he eventually bought a car with it)

This nephew upon coming home for the first time in 2007 after 24 years visited his uncle at his house in their hometown. He gave his wife 10,000, gave the uncle 20,000. He now left. The uncle told them to prepare pounded yam with bush meat for him when he returns in the evening.

His nephew never returned.

The nephew travelled back to the States and kept coming to Nigeria regularly but never visited his uncle.

The nephew is now late (2014 or so). His soul rests in peace (Ecc 9:5)

His uncle wish was to help each family and they in turn help those beneath them but it didn't work out that way.

If Mikel Obi was truly generous, his cousin's utterance would be condemned through the goodwill he would have created.

Granted, stroke isn't cheap to treat but I sense the sense of devotion isn't there.

You'd be surprised he'll use 2m or more to come for the burial when it is time. Or do you expect him to fly coach?
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Ekiseme(m): 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
activelyA:

It is my type that eat and help who I was born to be a helper to.

They must not be my family ....
Even if I am meant to be their helper, I have the power of choice. If I decide not to, if doesn't mean God will not give or bring another helper their way .. ..but the problem with people of your fype is that, you focus so much on me Who have refused to help that you You end up missing the current helper .. .
what manner of fvckery is this? 0 sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by egojeny1(f): 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
bignero:
naija family and entitlement mentality

igbo family and "hes my brother and he must help me" are like 5 and 6

dont even go tribal cos am igbo

nothing wrong in mikel lending a hand though

but i say to the cousin...,you have greatness in you,you can surpass mikelin all ramifications, all you need is BELEIF ...mikel isnt God,

now you think you will get his attention by embarassing him in public?

My dear eh! I am igbo too but ds entitlement mentality in our igbo land no be joke again o. "My brother has money d4 he shld help us" My bro is a manager d4 he shld get us a good job". U will balance and be waiting 4 ur bro to get u a job. Igbos, i neva see

Who is holding u from making ur own money. Go and hustle and stop disturbing d guy jare. Did anything bite off ur hands? Are u a lepper? Nawa o!!!

Mikel abeg if there's anyhow u can help try abeg.

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Reference(m): 1:19pm On Apr 24, 2018
oyetpel:

Paul was lucky Jesus saved him, or like Christians like to call it 'grace'

That luck you call it is indeed grace and is open to everyone. Is there any adult in this world who has not heard sbout Jesus. How many folks out there have Mikel in the family to inspire them to dream. Many, many folks have no one, some families are all disadvantaged, some families are outright abusive and negative yet someone manages to break free and thrive. Abeg, it is of the mind. Success is not luck. Now, I am not saying everyone should be successful but as long as a man lives, he has a chance. The tables can turn and Mikel can make bad choices and end up broke. This means the man can still do it and rise. He should get started. He has wasted enough time.
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by opebiboy: 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
jessca048:
some family members and their sense of entitlement sef.
I doubt if you are up to 30's. Even in America and Western Europe people work for over 30yrs and die completely broke with nothing to show for. Work is overrated. Over 97% of Nigerians who are old now depend on their children to take care of them. Where is all the money they made over the years? Help comes from the heart and your feelings towards someone. Millions of people will work hard and will never make it in life. When we even talk about working hard Mikel is least qualified. Dont ever drive a poor person away, you will eventually regret it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Gbabe2: 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
Guy,
You are totally wrong. If he wants to help them, he can. God has placed him in that position to help and make others smile. You live in Nigeria and you know how things work over there. To the glory of God, I don't have a thousand of what he rakes in, yet I do spare a lot to make people smile every now and then. Givers never lack my brother.
I will share my personal experience with Mikel way back in 2006. I was working in a club in London as "PEKE" that's meant for folks that understand. He came into the club and was buying beer for people, which is typical of an african. We crossed our path and I thought my savior for that day has come. Unfortunately for me, he was like do we have Nigerians doing this kind of a job in London and bla bla bla. At the end, he only gave me 10 pounds which I was grateful for. I have met people while doing that job then, that gave me 200 pounds without blinking an eye.
What I can deduce from such experience in life is that, work hard, pray to God, dont ever rely on mortals and whenever you have the opportunity, give, give and give. It is always good to give and make people smile regardless. Thats my one cent

bigtt76:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by aureen: 1:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
Nollyzonenews:
Nigeria Football, John Obi Mikel as been called out by his cousin for not helping his family.

The former Chelsea football cousin with name obuaniskela took to his instagram page this morning to call out the footballer for not helping his family.

See posts....

http://www.ngg.ng/2018/04/24/mikel-obi-called-out-by-his-cousin-for-not-helping-his-family/

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by bigtt76(f): 1:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ok

Gbabe2:
Guy,
You are totally wrong. If he wants to help them, he can. God has placed him in that position to help and make others smile. You live in Nigeria and you know how things work over there. To the glory of God, I don't have a thousand of what he rakes in, yet I do spare a lot to make people smile every now and then. Givers never lack my brother.

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by activelyA(f): 1:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ekiseme:
what manner of fvckery is this? 0 sense
Lolzx grin grin grin

Esseee omio
Eneebe?

100 sense right? ? angry angry
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:

in as much as i dnt like wat d guy did, even after all dis expenses mikel make, money go still dey to help if him wan help. Pple hu earn far less than him in the uk are still helping thier extended family over here

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by vickydevoka(m): 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:

When mike was playing 4 Chelsea he was sending over 1 million to all his siblings every month. I use to be close to tochukwu ( mike fav. last born)
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by grandstar(m): 1:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:
You are very apt with your calculations and understanding but what I was trying to convey out there is not necessarily that paying of taxes or other stuff are hindering Mikel from helping his families but rather of relatives back in Naija trying to swindle their relatives back abroad (vice versa). He may have suffered this or more in recent time hence the voicemail attitude.

The truth however lies in his father ....his father may not be relaying the messages or how other members of the nuclear families are to Mikel. There's no way his father would request for something and not get it from Mikel naaa. If his father truly love his own brother, there's no way he would not have asked Mikel to assist trust me.

In some families ...brothers and sisters may not necessarily be in good terms but that is for another day.

Remember also that once married or in a civil relationship with a foreigner, there's always that tendency to have shared accounts in which case both the woman and man contribute into it and both have to be aware of spendings from it. Mikel might have been in such a relationship.

There's no way the woman would allow Mikel send money home frequently with the way his relatives are bashing him for not marrying from their own tribe. She would always suspect it has to do with another marriage to a Nigerian wife. Trust me ....Mikel can get killed for that. Russian babes are not to be toyed with o!

You do have a point.

Anyway, it is reckless to have a joint account with a woman that's not your wife. Forget all these partner rubbish. The family here won't understand or respect it.

Also, a joint account will be lopsided. Most of the money there will be Mikel's and not hers.

He should demand some wriggle room i.e. take some spending cash before putting the balance in the joint account. He can even give the wife a monthly stipend which she does not have to account for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A PSG Fan Shattered His Television After PSG 1 - 3 Man Utd Loss (Photos) / Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell / Sergio Aguero Crashes Range Rover While Driving To Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.