Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

"Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka (49512 Views)

Mikel Obi And His Family In Nigeria, Wife Experiences Culture Shock, Dances / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by loverofgoodtins(m): 11:44am On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:
These people don't even know how this things work ....you think all that millions he's raking in is all his? Do you know how much of it he needs to spend on tax, insurance, mortgage financing, health care, fitness and so on? Do they realize he's married? Do they also realize he now has kids or his playing days are getting over?

Family, please be patient ....your seemingly wealthy relatives are not your ATM o!
God bless you for this comment
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by BabatCargo(m): 11:44am On Apr 24, 2018
Mikel definitely have his reasons.Everybody in his family depending on him...

Check my siggy below

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by KevinDein: 11:44am On Apr 24, 2018
Mikel set up a transport company, quite popular in Jos, for the family. Obi and sons.

I reckon some people don't actually want to get down and do some work themselves. They rather have free cash sent to them while they lazy away.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by subcbouy: 11:44am On Apr 24, 2018
julitoch:
Very correct
I tell you, it was from experience. Some uncles don't allow their children to relate with their cousins from childhood. Mikel may not have feelings for them for that reason.
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Lordgatt46(m): 11:45am On Apr 24, 2018
Do you wish him bad nigga
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Mikel Obi is a stingy fool.
He should keep spending his money on that Russian garbage.

At the end of the day, those kids will go to their mom's side and he'd be bitter and lonely.
These family members that he's neglecting today are the same ones he'd fall back on when times change.

It's probably because of this same tightfistedness that his father was kidnapped.
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by omoniomoade(f): 11:46am On Apr 24, 2018
must u always beg?

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by tesppidd: 11:47am On Apr 24, 2018
You people are just blaming Mikel upandan

Do you know whether that his uncle once did jazz to stop him from progressing

grin

On a more serious note,

From the guys side of the story one would be quick to blame Mikel

But maybe they did something to Mikel

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by JUBILEE2000: 11:47am On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:
These people don't even know how this things work ....you think all that millions he's raking in is all his? Do you know how much of it he needs to spend on tax, insurance, mortgage financing, health care, fitness and so on? Do they realize he's married? Do they also realize he now has kids or his playing days are getting over?

Family, please be patient ....your seemingly wealthy relatives are not your ATM o!

U made my day with this comment.
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by JUBILEE2000: 11:47am On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:

U made my day with this comment. God bless you

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by piagetskinner(m): 11:47am On Apr 24, 2018
fingers are not equal...if by means of Gods favour you become rich..don't forget to lend a helping hand to those who are less privileged...

and the helped should not always rely on help...put the money given to u into good use...invest etc

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by JUBILEE2000: 11:52am On Apr 24, 2018
[quote author=bigtt76 post=66983031]These people don't even know how this things work ....you think all that millions he's raking in is all his? Do you know how much of it he needs to spend on tax, insurance, mortgage financing, health care, fitness and so on? Do they realize he's married? Do they also realize he now has kids or his playing days are getting over?

Family, please be patient ....your seemingly wealthy relatives are not your ATM

U made my day with this comment. God bless you
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by grandstar(m): 11:54am On Apr 24, 2018
subcbouy:
Did you bother to know if there is childhood relationship with his cousin? If there is no relation, it may look difficult.

You do have a point but also don't.

If his uncle genuinely needs help, lend him a hand for Christ's sake!

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by SIRTee15: 11:54am On Apr 24, 2018
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by harmbhrosz(m): 11:56am On Apr 24, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
pls say what you know oversabi.

So if Mikel give his relatives 10m he will become poor abi?
and you're so certain he hasn't spend over 10million naira on his family over the last 13years right?

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nofav0rs(m): 11:58am On Apr 24, 2018
Nigerian families always thinking you owe them favors. Shït! Nobody owes you any favor.

#NoFavors

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by ChidiAlaigbo: 11:58am On Apr 24, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Mikel Obi is a stingy fool.
He should keep spending his money on that Russian garbage.

At the end of the day, those kids will go to their mom's side and he'd be bitter and lonely.
These family members that he's neglecting today are the same ones he'd fall back on when times change.

It's probably because of this same tightfistedness that his father was kidnapped.

Mad man on the loose.

Who told you you can fall back on family members? Woo, in today's world if you don't have money family members don't send you.

You are on your own. Nobody is ready to embrace poor family members otherwise they will drain you and bring you Down!
Even your own siblings, if they don't work hard and rise........omo na to go beg your landlord or go back to the village you dey....

Wetin concern me with all these igbo villagers sef....

Cc Imhotep LZAA Onyeara

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by gozzy121(m): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
Well I didn't see anything wrong via what he said about his cousin brother Mikel. Mikel should help his uncle n his cousin no matter how small. Charity begins at home. Mo Salah of Liverpool fc spent 500000 pounds on charity in his home town. Let's always help our brothers n sisters in any way or the other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by subcbouy: 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2018
grandstar:

You do have a point but also don't.

If his uncle genuinely needs help, lend him a hand for Christ's sake!

It isn't by publicity. He's making Mikel bad to people.

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by bejick(m): 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:

my brother forget that thing joor even those of us that dont even have much still help not to talk of his level.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by pulsatingpen: 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
Nobody owes you nothing

4 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Jackipapa: 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
Poverty is a thing of the mind, Africa and Africans wake up to the challenges of your life and stop depending on 1 relative out of ............
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Sagay212: 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:

Forget all that story you are listing. Paying tax, insurance and the rest doesn't stop him from helping his family. It wont cost him anything to send that man 1million for treatment.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Abagworo(m): 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
Mikel owes you nothing. Trying to embarass him on social media shows you would have been an ingrate had he sent you money or helped establish you in business. Who knows what Mikel had done for them in the past for I've come to understand that family members appreciate nothing except you kill yourself for them.

3 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by baranzy(m): 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
Years ago my uncle had an issues which he lost his properties and he became poor..his son my cousin stayed wt us for 2years...during his stay my parents made sure he finished his secondary education and the sponsored his senior waec and jamb exams... We slept on same bed he shared my clothes and shoes with me..his first Nokia phone was bought by my dad..he never lacked anything staying with us cuz he was a blood cousin..I remember how much my mum spent and how hard we fasted when he applied for visa lottery which he got..we all rejoiced and we all contributed to pay for his flight..
On the day of his travel my dad bought him clothes worth 45k as of 2006and my mum gave him 150 dollars....
After many years abroad he is now rich and married with 3 kids...bought houses in Lagos and Owerri..built a house for his mother in-law and he is doing very well...
When he came to visit my parents last year he cud only give them 5k each...I heard DAT I got very mad took the money and threw it on his face...I just told my parents to leave everything for God..they played their role and if he doesn't want to appreciate them is left for him and God...

9 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by oyetpel(m): 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
Reference:

Give them 10 million on what basis. They should apply to the foundation. The only privilege they have is to support Mr. Mikel and work for him to earn a living without an interview. The mentality in the text is telling. Yes God blesses but even that is not by luck. Paul said, 'I worked harder than all the other apostles' all of which were physically with Jesus. So acknowledging luck or in Christianity (grace) does not foreclose what a man has to do for himself. If he had written a proposal at the time of thefoundation lauch as to how to make it a success, he won't be having this complaint today. People must learn to add value to others as a means of gaining value. If you earn thousands today and want millions tomorrow, add value to millionaires or the million naira ideas they inspire. Even God Almighty runs from folks who only come around when they are needy.

Paul was lucky Jesus saved him, or like Christians like to call it 'grace'
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by gassbee: 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2018
d question is how do u feel as wealthy as u are, seeing ur own blood relations in such miserable, pitiable n poor condition of health n life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by eyinjuege: 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
If all his relatives on his mother and father's side start showing up with their children, grsndchildren and even great grand children, i wonder what Mikel is expected to do.
If Mikel's father can not help his own brother with stroke, then there must be a problem somewhere. I'm very sure Mikel's father isn't living in penury and can assist his brother if he wants to.

gassbee:
d question is how do u feel as wealthy as u are, seeing ur own blood relations in such miserable, pitiable n poor condition of health n life.

Lets be honest, no matter the amount of money he has, he cannot make all those related to him live in luxury. There will always be one extended family here and there with one need or the other
I hope you know Mikel has brothers and sisters with their own children and family problems he's probably helping to solve. He will also have a lot of cousins who are famzing with him. This one probably doesn't have his number, and he's decided to get on social media. What of old friends from sec school? Dont be surprised a lot of people are on his neck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by heskeyw(m): 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2018
thesicilian:
Lazy people. Because one person in the family is doing well others should sit down with folded arms expecting free food.
lazy nigerians. lol

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by SalamRushdie: 12:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
oshe11:
Alil help wouldn't hurt. I mean 1dollar is over 300naira here....
Why not forsake one friday night party and use the money to help your family

Sometimes you help and instead of them to use the money for themselves they instead take it to a shrine the it's with all kinds of nonsense and bury it . From experience I can tell you it's notveasy to help Africans
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Navalsadiq(m): 12:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:

baba keep quiet.thats because ur in the same category with Mikel.its no news that Mikel is proud and arrogant.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by gaventa: 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2018
So somebody cannot have money and be stingy in peace again

4 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by mixter(m): 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
[quote author=activelyA post=66983337]What is the meaning of this?? ??

No one owes you anything or favour, even your family..

In fact, once you are 18, your parents don't even owe you care, if they decide to, be grateful to God.

Talk less of a cousin. ...what manner of useless entitlement mentality is this. If he were to be in Mikel shoe, their type would do worst.. ..
He is not even ashamed.

Well nailed. A sense of entitlement especially from the African folks. No one owes anybody a thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell / Anthony Joshua Flaunts His Incredibly Fit Physique Ahead Of Oleksandr Usyk Fight / A PSG Fan Shattered His Television After PSG 1 - 3 Man Utd Loss (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.