Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

"Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka (49540 Views)

Mikel Obi And His Family In Nigeria, Wife Experiences Culture Shock, Dances / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by chuksnwadc: 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
If Mikel is nt actually taking care of his relations most especially his parents nd siblings,it is barbaric nd unacceptable bc God bless his family through him nd so,he need to give back to family nd community.so many of d stars use their Fathers nd relations as their managers nd pay them.

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by jaxxy(m): 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
sholatech:
Definitely wrong way to attack John Mikel. He could have just kept pushing & following up with Mikel's dad.

If the relationship btw mikel and them/uncle's family was good at any point then I see no reason why mikel shudnt help out. However if it wasn't then sorry there's no need for this. He shud handle it purely as a family issue cos u know ourselves better.

Bt if perhaps mikel has been too busy smtmes this might be the best way to get his attention that is been sought and demanded for by millions of fans and people. However i think he shud hv gotten mikels direct line 1st to clarify b4 doing this...
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by sweetilicious(f): 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
Am telling you.People can be inconsiderate.They don't what its like deducting expenses from Income.
bigtt76:
These people don't even know how this things work ....you think all that millions he's raking in is all his? Do you know how much of it he needs to spend on tax, insurance, mortgage financing, health care, fitness and so on? Do they realize he's married? Do they also realize he now has kids or his playing days are getting over?

Family, please be patient ....your seemingly wealthy relatives are not your ATM o!
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Andy2274: 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Mikel Obi is a stingy fool.
He should keep spending his money on that Russian garbage.

At the end of the day, those kids will go to their mom's side and he'd be bitter and lonely.
These family members that he's neglecting today are the same ones he'd fall back on when times change.

It's probably because of this same tightfistedness that his father was kidnapped.
. If I talk say you no go school and you no sabi read book, you go dey vex..... Did you read the last paragraph of the so called cousin write up? He said they don't need his money...I am not sure you will progress in life because of your hatred for people.
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Seun360(m): 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
As a footballer at that level, i dont expect any of his immediate family member to suffer.

Drogba that donated his Pepsi endorsement money worth $3m for a hospital project back in his homeland no be human being?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
pls say what you know oversabi.

So if Mikel give his relatives 10m he will become poor abi?

Mikel's time to earn money does not extend beyond his mid-thirties, after which he would have to figure his way through life like the rest of us. He is married with kids (that would go to school, and be sponsored by him into their early twenties), he needs to put a chunk of money away into various investments to ensure he does not end up like Wilson Oruma, and Rashidi Yekini.

For a man whose money-making peak is probably 35, he needs to put away enough money for another 50 years for he and his wife to live on.

I'm pretty certain Mikel's father would have done his bit for his brother and nephews - do you know the back-story? Yet you are slandering a man whose cousin has to describe an uncle he met 5 years ago to be the cash-cow of his extended family? Are you a serious person?

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
Saintsquare:
While I agree he owns his money and can do whatever he so wishes with it,but come on,technology has made transaction very easy and convenient.He can transfer a meaningful sum of money from the comfort of his living room without any wahala.

A 'meaningful sum of money' is relative. NGN500,000 might be meaningful to most people, but to the family of a 'millionaire' footballer, it could be regarded as crumbs. If this was his own father, it would be a different matter, but uncle? That does seem a little distant, no? Plus, I guarantee you that Mikel's father is good financially, and has likely helped his brother a great deal, only the people involved and God know the back-story.

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by o42austino(m): 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2018
I know that Mikel is not like that, when I had business issues last two years, I contacted him via Skype and I told him my challenges. His not a family member and he did not know me from Adam. After like two hours I sent the message I got a call from a UK number(my mobile phone number was showing on my Skype contact) but I was not there to answer, the number called on two occasions but I was not there to answer. Few hours later I saw the number, I called it but I was told by his network that the owner does not allow incoming calls from my location, then it occurred to me that it was John Obi Mikel that called......that is how I missed my helper. THIS IS A TRUE STORY
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:36pm On Apr 24, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Mikel Obi is a stingy fool.
He should keep spending his money on that Russian garbage.

At the end of the day, those kids will go to their mom's side and he'd be bitter and lonely.
These family members that he's neglecting today are the same ones he'd fall back on when times change.

It's probably because of this same tightfistedness that his father was kidnapped.
when will tones change.you think he is babayaro
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2018
Bagehot:

Mikel's time to earn money does not extend beyond his mid-thirties, after which he would have to figure his way through life like the rest of us. He is married with kids (that would go to school, and be sponsored by him into their early twenties), he needs to put a chunk of money away into various investments to ensure he does not end up like Wilson Oruma, and Rashidi Yekini.

For a man whose money-making peak is probably 35, he needs to put away enough money for another 50 years for he and his wife to live on.

I'm pretty certain Mikel's father would have done his bit for his brother and nephews - do you know the back-story? Yet you are slandering a man whose cousin has to describe an uncle he met 5 years ago to be the cash-cow of his extended family? Are you a serious person?
oga stop blaming me, I only said he should help his family.

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by thrillionaire(m): 11:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
sirusX:
Family matter now public...is it now that you expect him to support??
lolest
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Reeberry: 1:37am On Apr 25, 2018
bigtt76:
These people don't even know how this things work ....you think all that millions he's raking in is all his? Do you know how much of it he needs to spend on tax, insurance, mortgage financing, health care, fitness and so on? Do they realize he's married? Do they also realize he now has kids or his playing days are getting over?

Family, please be patient ....your seemingly wealthy relatives are not your ATM o!
Nairalanders like you always want to pick point out of their asses. What's bad in helping your relatives?

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by isalegan2: 1:59am On Apr 25, 2018
danny56:
Now this one here is not cultured at all....is Mikel Obi your God? Is he responsible for the stroke? Why the d cry like an helpless victim? Sigh.... pathetic!

You shouldn't talk like that. It's obvious the young man feels helpless watching his dad suffer.

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by isalegan2: 2:00am On Apr 25, 2018
hisgrace090:
I can't blame the man, some people really knows how to do good but only outside.

The man comment shows that they see him last five years ago.
Their mothers death 2years ago not sure if Mikel is away talkless of their fathers stroke.

Charity they say beggines at home.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by isalegan2: 2:11am On Apr 25, 2018
Gbabe2:
Guy,
You are totally wrong. If he wants to help them, he can. God has placed him in that position to help and make others smile. You live in Nigeria and you know how things work over there. To the glory of God, I don't have a thousand of what he rakes in, yet I do spare a lot to make people smile every now and then. Givers never lack my brother.
I will share my personal experience with Mikel way back in 2006. I was working in a club in London as "PEKE" that's meant for folks that understand. He came into the club and was buying beer for people, which is typical of an african. We crossed our path and I thought my savior for that day has come. Unfortunately for me, he was like do we have Nigerians doing this kind of a job in London and bla bla bla. At the end, he only gave me 10 pounds which I was grateful for. I have met people while doing that job then, that gave me 200 pounds without blinking an eye.
What I can deduce from such experience in life is that, work hard, pray to God, dont ever rely on mortals and whenever you have the opportunity, give, give and give. It is always good to give and make people smile regardless. Thats my one cent

It's just my opinion but that is a complete assjole of a person and it follows from what I always thought of him.

God will bless you, my brother.

But what is "peke"?
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by isalegan2: 3:03am On Apr 25, 2018
tonididdy:
If you know how much is made in football ,you would surely blame mikes for not helping his family.

Russians are almost like Nigerians them get that hustoling spirit and sabe do cunny.

so I know where mikel's righthand is coming from. I can't blame the dude sometimes people Marry mind controlling wives

What control? The average cost of hospital treatment in Naija after a stroke is around a million naira. That is less than 3 thousand U.S. dollars. Most people would forego a week to a month's salary to save another person's life, not to talk of a blood relative.

And to the person comparing Mikel's to Adebayor's crazy family - totally different circumstances!

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Gbabe2: 4:01am On Apr 25, 2018
Friend mi,

"PEKE" is a big time club husttling in London. My advice....google it up lol

isalegan2:

It's just my opinion but that is a complete assjole of a person and it follows from what I always thought of him.

God will bless you, my brother.

But what is "peke"?
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by isalegan2: 4:12am On Apr 25, 2018
Mr. Gbabe2.
Lol. Now I'm afraid to visit our popular friend Mr. Google. I will just take your word for it, sir. Won ni "abo oro la n so fun omoluabi. . ." cheesy

afbstrategies:
They are cousins now because he is doing good in life. If Mikel is a truck pusher, he will not get this kind of letter from this cousin. There are reasons why people like this don’t get assistance from others. Calm down, be patient and pray to God to make your cousin remember and assist you. That’s the best way to take life.

No offense to you. But:
His mother is dead. And his father has suffered a stroke. Time for patience is gone! It's time for action. He's trying to do whatever to save his one remaining parent! Please understand that. It's urgent now. Life and death.

Life OR death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by ImaIma1(f): 10:22am On Apr 25, 2018
He just disgraced himself with this call out. Is the man not his father? And is he not a man like Mikel? So Mikel should come and take care of his dad when he has his own father too. If Mikel decides to help, no problem. But it is by choice.

This entitlement mentality is irritating. He didn't make his money for your family. Go and make your own money and take care on your father and stop putting it on Mikel

3 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
Join kanyking on telegram channel for 3-5 odds and 10 odds and above for maxbet. Well analyze and accurate game. Just search "kingkany" on your telegram or enter link /kingkany
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Iceberg3: 10:09am On Apr 27, 2018
Westbestside:

Last seen 9.25am,peeping from inside BEANS FORUM with STRIKETHEM

Mods why..

grin grin tongue grin

1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nate187: 3:26pm On May 06, 2018
Sportxclusive:

everyone has dea own problem and aspiration. everyone is not your problem. going out is a choice and never forced on anyone, funny enof no one knows if Mikel has his own problem
Well if you say so,but I don't think I'll never have such money and not help even my extended family
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nate187: 3:30pm On May 06, 2018
bigtt76:
That he got you guys those stuff doesn't mean its all rosy for him ....you don't know what he went through to get all those things. Besides ....ask yourself how many times has he visited you guys?

u
My dear I know where u are coming from but I really appreciate his efforts,I just feel a person earning so much millions in just a week should have a reason for not helping his family,mind you I know Miley very well he is a jos boy,his dad owns GIG transports,you need to go there and see how messed up it looks as if they are struggling to survive
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by DexterousOne(m): 5:40pm On May 06, 2018
desmond2pk:
O boy, help your family with that little change you have now. It will finish soon like babyaro then it's only your family members that can help.

For those who are saying that he must not help. You are wrong. We are ibos. We help each other. Ask mikel, someone helped him. Someone paid money for his trip. Help your family. They are they are the reason God made you rich.

We are Igbos my black arse

Thara the problem with our people

entitlement mentality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mikel Obi's Twins With Baby Mama (photo) / Sergio Aguero Crashes Range Rover While Driving To Training / Quim Torra Bids Messi Farewell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.