Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,055 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

"Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" (1718 Views)

Girl Says Most Ladies Are Single Because Men Just Want To F*ck (pics) / Students Replace ‘Women’ With ‘Womxn’ Because ‘men’ Is Offensive / 'Women Become Prostitutes Because Men Are Demanding For It'- Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by HeWrites(m): 2:45am On Apr 25, 2018
Rian Stone is of the opinion that men just want contentment in a marriage so they learn to put up with what they have. Women on the other hand, seek to be happy and no matter how happy they are, there'll always be someone or something else that can make them happier.

Read his tweet below;
"Men seek contentment while women seek happiness. The latter can never be because there is always something that will make you MORE happy.

Why are 70% of divorces initiated by women? Because the guy was content but the women was not "happy"."

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/04/marriages-fail-because-men-seek-contentment-while-women-pursue-happiness-man.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by QueenSuccubus(f): 2:51am On Apr 25, 2018
grin

Men are contented in what? Constant cheating & lying abi? undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 25, 2018
This is the truth bur what is the solution?
Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by pocohantas(f): 3:53am On Apr 25, 2018
Men are not in anyway contented. Neither are women...
Human wants are in fact, insatiable smiley

After the honeymoon is over and reality sets in, men are very practical in handling their problems. They put up with what they have by supplementing it with external sources of happiness (sidechick, friends, career, alcohol, hobbies...etc). Unlike women that will get married and give up on their physique, social life, career...(sometimes beyond their control). All they are left with is marriage and family---leading to high expectations from the man.

Except for a small percentage, who are very family oriented. It's not in the average man to kill himself ontop marriage. They hold all the aces in the typical Nigerian marriage. In the western world, their women are luckier in divorce settlements and more independent. So, that 70% might apply to them for whatever reason they choose to leave.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by IamD18: 5:17am On Apr 25, 2018
There's a thing line between contentment and happiness, despite the fact that the words are indirectly similar.

Contentment; The degree of being satisfied and happy in a given situation.

Happiness; The state of well-being as a result of any kind, it could be comfort, peace, tranquility, joyous and aswell contented.

Following the said definition, neither men or women are totally satisfied in a marriage, if there should be, a woman will be picked ahead of a man because they are more emotionally and sexually contented than men in a marriage. Most men aren't contented with their wives, hence the reason and attempt to introduce an external source to be satisfied (Sidechicks, Alcohol and friends) like the above poster said.

Happiness; Both partner seeks and wish for happiness, but a man seeks for happiness more than the women because PEACE is the uttermost WANT of a man from a woman, while women tends to seek for less happiness because they can only get their full happiness if they are to live her lives the way they want it in a marriage which is not totally acceptable in African homes, because their are some certain life styles they are deprived.

I'll totally say that men seek for physical and emotional PEACE, while women seek for physical and emotional COMFORT .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by iQUOTE: 5:54am On Apr 25, 2018
Happiness is not a natural human condition. Sometimes we need our illusions to live. In the end, who knows what's real and what's not?

But I think the main thing here is marital intimacy. You need a certain level of understanding and closeness to be able to to overcome most of the hurdles in marriage.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by WORLDPEACE(m): 6:01am On Apr 25, 2018
pocohantas:
Men are not in anyway contented. Neither are women...
Human wants are in fact, insatiable smiley

After the honeymoon is over and reality sets in, men are very practical in handling their problems. They put up with what they have by supplementing it with external sources of happiness (sidechick, friends, career, alcohol, hobbies...etc). Unlike women that will get married and give up on their physique, social life, career...(sometimes beyond their control). All they are left with is marriage and family---leading to high expectations from the man.

Except for a small percentage, who are very family oriented. It's not in the average man to kill himself ontop marriage. They hold all the aces in the typical Nigerian marriage. In the western world, their women are luckier in divorce settlements and more independent. So, that 70% might apply to them for whatever reason they choose to leave.
I don tell you before say you get sense.
Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by IamD18: 6:07am On Apr 25, 2018
Pocohantas:

Are Westerners family oriented than Africans?

1 Like

Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 6:26am On Apr 25, 2018
I just might not marry. Unless I see a woman like Alex of bbnaija. Lively yet tender!
Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by AstroG: 6:54am On Apr 25, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
IamD18:
There's a thing line between contentment and happiness, despite the fact that the words are indirectly similar.

Happiness; The state of well-being as a result of any kind, it could be comfort, peace, tranquility, joyous and aswell contented.

Following the said definition, neither men or women are totally satisfied in a marriage, if there should be, a woman will be picked ahead of a man because they are more emotionally and sexually contented than men in a marriage. Most men aren't contented with their wives, hence the reason and attempt to introduce an external source to be satisfied (Sidechicks, Alcohol and friends) like the above poster said.

Happiness; Both partner seeks and wish for happiness, but a man seeks for happiness more than the women because PEACE is the uttermost WANT of a man from a woman, while women tends to seek for less happiness because they can only get their full happiness if they are to live her lives the way they want it in a marriage which is not totally acceptable in African homes, because their are some certain life styles they are deprived.

I'll totally say that men seek for physical and emotional PEACE, while women seek for physical and emotional COMFORT .

SECONDED
Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by Lalas247(f): 6:58am On Apr 25, 2018
If men were content ... cheating won’t exist
Most are greedy they want a wife but freedom to explore other females ..

Nothing wrong with wanting to be happy !

2 Likes

Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 7:29am On Apr 25, 2018
Lalas247:

if humans were, not just men.
Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by Espada10: 6:42pm On Apr 25, 2018
Lalas247:

Thank God, you are getting married
Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by Espada10: 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2018
Lalas247:

Thank God, you are getting married
Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by MissJoy29(f): 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
The posters above me have said it all. I don't think men are more content than women. On the other hand, a lot of them are greedy. They want to eat their cake and have it. That's why you see a man marrying a good but not-so-fine woman & then cheating with glamorous women outside. They can't wife the glamorous women for obvious reasons, they can't divorce their wife and spare her from emotional torture, they can't stick to only their wives & worst of all, they can't stand their wives cheating on them.
Their confusion amazes me.

A woman? She loses a lot for the sake of a man: her name, her body, her shape, her freedom, her right, her opinion etc. And yet she's willing to stick to the man no matter what. Most times, a woman who isn't happy with a man or even content won't go through all these for him.

But men? They don't have much to lose yet they get bored the most. The moment the woman gets pregnant, they start exploring their philandering ways. By the time she gives birth, and her body shape changes, a lot lose interest totally.

Tell me, with all these, who's really more content and happy?

2 Likes

Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by donstan18: 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2018
MissJoy29:
The posters above me have said it all. I don't think men are more content than women. On the other hand, a lot of them are greedy. They want to eat their cake and have it. That's why you see a man marrying a good but not-so-fine woman & then cheating with glamorous women outside. They can't wife the glamorous women for obvious reasons, they can't divorce their wife and spare her from emotional torture, they can't stick to only their wives & worst of all, they can't stand their wives cheating on them.

A woman? She loses a lot for the sake of a man: her name, her body, her shape, her freedom, her right, her opinion etc. And yet she's willing to stick to the man no matter what. Most times, a woman who isn't happy with a man or even content won't go through all these for him.

But men? They don't have much to lose yet they get bored the most. The moment the woman gets pregnant, they start exploring their philandering ways. By the time she gives birth, and her body shape changes, a lot lose interest totally.

Had it being you highlighted the flaws of women in a marriage, it would have being more reasonable and balance, because your post concentrated on men's flaws alone.

Bad!

1 Like

Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by uwa1(m): 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
IamD18:

Well said...
Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2018
This is very laughable

Why will anyone make an external stimuli that they have no control over their source of happiness, when it is certain that nothing will remain the same forever.

Ladies should learn to make their source of joy and happiness something they actually have control over.
Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by MissJoy29(f): 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
donstan18:

Had it being you highlighted the flaws of women in a marriage, it would have being more reasonable and balance, because your post concentrated on men's flaws alone.

Bad!
If you take time to read my post without being biased cos you are a man & you think I attacked men, you will see that I wasn't trying to highlight the flaws of anyone.

Besides, my post indirectly asked the question, "why do the people who have less to lose get to be the ones to misbehave?
Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by donstan18: 11:39pm On Apr 25, 2018
MissJoy29:

If you take time to read my post without being biased cos you are a man & you think I attacked men, you will see that I wasn't trying to highlight the flaws of anyone.

Besides, my post indirectly asked the question, "why do the people who have less to lose get to be the ones to misbehave?
I'm not being biased, just felt it was necessary to correct you.

Who are the people that has less to loose? I don't get.
Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by prechbills1(m): 1:26am On Apr 26, 2018
MissJoy29:

marriage doesn't make a woman lose her shape, freedom, her right and her opinions.

it only does if you allow it to be so. Marriage isn't an excuse to lose shape and freedom

1 Like

Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by purityval(m): 4:57am On Apr 26, 2018
MissJoy29:

Joycy I always respect your views because you have never been a victim of unhealthy generalization, but, what did you just do?

Reverse being the case, majority of men in marriage seek happiness while majority of women seek contentment. To buttress my point taking relationships as a case study.

A guy will stay/be contented with a girl that loves and gives him peace of mind. Someone who believes in him and always provides him emotional comfort to pursue his ambition. Now, he is not worried about the buoyancy of the lady or whatever material contentment he stands to gain but just that happiness to will spur him to be a better man.

Now to a lady, whatever it is you have with a lady be mindful because all they seek for is contentment not with you as a man but with you stand to give. If all you stand to give a lady is 'laughs' Which translates to happiness, believe me it's only a moment and they will ask is that all you have to give?

Have taken time to wonder why some women leave a faithful but not buoyant man to stick to rich but cheating and abusive husbands/boyfriends? That is because they need that financial and material contentment/Security. Once you can assure a good number number of women of financial security trample on them, marry ten wives they will still stay down with you. Its not about commitment its about their contentions with what you stand to offer.

A good percentage of men, the only thing they ask for is happiness and a conducive home to come back to after the days hustle. But, with women Your ability to provide for them what they can't give themselves is all they ask for not happiness or sincerity.

Men give a lot and at the end still loses a lot. They hustle all the days of their life to provide for their family the wealth he himself hardly enjoys because he is always looking for ways to make more and keep the family afloat so that he can come back to a happy home. At the very end the hustles weighs down on him, cuts his life short and.....

Summarily I think women seek contentment while men seek happiness. And, we can stop these men are scum movement.... Women are worst off. Whatever 'scum' a man is today, a 'scummier' woman turned him to that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by lenghtinny(m): 10:24am On Apr 26, 2018
Halfpenny:
This is the truth bur what is the solution?

So the married men that fúcks around like rabbits are contented or what

As long as human wants are insatiable , there will always be problems in marriages. It all depends on the self control of the parties involved.

All I know is that never lose yourself for anyone angry
Re: "Marriages Fail Because Men Seek Contentment While Women Pursue Happiness" by pryme(m): 11:21am On Apr 26, 2018
purityval:

Joycy I always respect your views because you have never been a victim of unhealthy generalization, but, what did you just do?

Reverse being the case, majority of men in marriage seek happiness while majority of women seek contentment. To buttress my point taking relationships as a case study.

A guy will stay/be contented with a girl that loves and gives him peace of mind. Someone who believes in him and always provides him emotional comfort to pursue his ambition. Now, he is not worried about the buoyancy of the lady or whatever material contentment he stands to gain but just that happiness to will spur him to be a better man.

Now to a lady, whatever it is you have with a lady be mindful because all they seek for is contentment not with you as a man but with you stand to give. If all you stand to give a lady is 'laughs' Which translates to happiness, believe me it's only a moment and they will ask is that all you have to give?

Have taken time to wonder why some women leave a faithful but not buoyant man to stick to rich but cheating and abusive husbands/boyfriends? That is because they need that financial and material contentment/Security. Once you can assure a good number number of women of financial security trample on them, marry ten wives they will still stay down with you. Its not about commitment its about their contentions with what you stand to offer.

A good percentage of men, the only thing they ask for is happiness and a conducive home to come back to after the days hustle. But, with women Your ability to provide for them what they can't give themselves is all they ask for not happiness or sincerity.

Men give a lot and at the end still loses a lot. They hustle all the days of their life to provide for their family the wealth he himself hardly enjoys because he is always looking for ways to make more and keep the family afloat so that he can come back to a happy home. At the very end the hustles weighs down on him, cuts his life short and.....

Summarily I think women seek contentment while men seek happiness. And, we can stop these men are scum movement.... Women are worst off. Whatever 'scum' a man is today, a 'scummier' woman turned him to that.

Spot on.
I think for most women it's not about being with the PERSON, it's about being with WHO can take care of them.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Are The Most Confused Set Of People On Earth / 9 Signs She's Not Serious About You & A Total Waste Of Time (Top Secret) / I Need A Military Girl For A Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.