Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War (4312 Views)

Yakubu Gowon: Why I Detained Soyinka During The Civil War / Olusegun Obasanjo Wrapped Batik In Aba During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) / Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by lastmessenger: 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2018
Ojiofor:

You think after they subdued Middle belt they will stop there and Igboland won't be next.You guys underestimate the determination of these Jihadists to get to the sea at all cost.
@horsepower101 If state sponsored killing by Fulani herdsmen terrorist happen again in Igboland and it provoked another Biafra uprising,don't you think the state under Buhari will use another brutal Egwu Eke part 3 to quell such an uprising.What will be your defense?
Let me tell you my brother if a state sponsored killings in the proportion of the Benue states level is experienced in the south east,I can assure you that there will be a corresponding counter reaction by the locals. What ever be the result of the counter reaction is left for the future to decide. Igbo land once fought a civil war and are still ready to fight another civil war.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by zik4ever: 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
Odingo1:

Having PVC is good but thinking that pvc can be used to remove a power hungry terrorist from power is like chasing shadows.

The whole security forces in Nigeria are from the core north and INEC also, how did you tend to win .

You guys have to face the reality,the election has been rigged already.

Thanks bro. If the election has already been rigged, what do we do? Would be nice to hear any innovative ideas please.
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by zik4ever: 2:48pm On Apr 27, 2018
OnyeOGA:

cheesy are they not the same people that were Jubilating over the killings of our brothers through operation Python dance
The guy said his mind and stop trying to be smart.
St. Nwachineke i sight!
Cc immhotep lzaa

Thanks bro. Wish you well. One love.
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by Ojiofor: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
lastmessenger:
Let me tell you my brother if a state sponsored killings in the proportion of the Benue states level is experienced in the south east,I can assure you that there will be a corresponding counter reaction by the locals. What ever be the result of the counter reaction is left for the future to decide. Igbo land once fought a civil war and are still ready to fight another civil war.

Yes there will be a corresponding counter reaction by our youths while the Fulani dominated military will take over our towns and cities and kill more of our youths in cold blood.
Haven't Python dance2 in Abia and Rivers state taught you guys something?We don't have the ability to wage and sustain war against the state even for one day.This is not 1966 when we had Ojukwu as our military governor and leader over the whole Eastern region with all the military and security extablishment firmly under his control.
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by ratcock: 5:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
A masterpiece.
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by proeast(m): 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
I'm happy that Igbos are psychologically prepared for the coming apocalypse. This factor is very important, if in doubt, Google about Europe's last most deadly war: the Bosnian war and what happened to the ethnicities that were least prepared. I don't need to be a soothsayer to see where this country is headed and my fear is that the world would standby and watch the carnage for sometime before acting. Worse still, the AU does not even have the capacity to contain the refugee crisis nor intervene militarily. The only thing that would save Nigeria now, albeit momentarily is the removal of the terrorist occupying aso Rock by any means necessary. There is no doubt that East is on the agenda of the jihadists but the only thing still withholding them launching Benue type of killings is simply because they are afraid of how Igbos will react to it. But the terrorist could call the bluff in a suicidal way after 2019, that is if he remains on seat after 2019 (and he will remain through a massively rigged election that will give him a slight win except the CIA decides to give him Abacha treatment). I'm also afraid that with a racist psycho like Trump in Washington, he may gladly like to watch blacks reduce their population through such crises and probably decide not to intervene and nip it in the bud. My consolation is that in the event of an all out war, the middle belt probably won't be on the side of the islamists and the East and Niger Delta will obviously stand as one. The west is where there would be confusion because the Christians there have now seen the handwriting on the wall but sadly the Moslems among them run their affairs and would likely want to railroad the Christians among them in closing ranks with the Islamists. Another area that could force the EU to intervene will be because of the humanitarian disaster it would cause because even their borders will be besieged by hundreds of thousands of refugees crossing the Mediterranean Sea into Europe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by proeast(m): 7:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
Ojiofor:

Yes there will be a corresponding counter reaction by our youths while the Fulani dominated military will take over our towns and cities and kill more of our youths in cold blood.
Haven't Python dance2 in Abia and Rivers state taught you guys something?We don't have the ability to wage and sustain war against the state even for one day.This is not 1966 when we had Ojukwu as our military governor and leader over the whole Eastern region with all the military and security extablishment firmly under his control.
You have a point no doubt, especially on the fact that there is no central command and control like it were in 1967 with Ojukwu as the rallying point. But Igbos have several factors that counts in their favor which would prevent the type of Benue massacre happening in Igboland and I would list them here:
1. Igbos have a large diaspora population that is vibrant, united and with resources to besiege world capitals like Washington, London, Paris, Berlin etc and mount serious pressure that would force the world to act.
2. The Fulani/Hausa homeland is far removed from the East for them to successfully launch the type of guerilla strikes they are doing now in Benue, in Igboland except they would have successfully dislodged the natives in Benue and use there as launchpad.
3. This point is similar to the one above, the East has no hills nor impenetrable forests they could use as hideouts or even large settlements where they could dissolve into after each attack.
4. Once there is any serious killings in the East, the Hausa/fulanis will flee back to the north to avoid reprisals.
5. The Igbos in the north, unlike before when there was no pressure with Biafra demand, when they were always killed for fun over flimsy excuses like a cartoon in Denmark or hosting of beauty contest. The Igbos in the north now are like the proverbial tsetse fly that perched on the scrotum of the North, they can't kill them without risking a serious backlash especially with the kind of political capital IPOB will make out of it by saying that Igbos are not safe in Nigeria. With a civil war already fought before, another serious demand by a collective Igbo front (and that will certainly happen if there is a genocide in the north against Igbos) the world will certainly intervene especially with diaspora Igbos also protesting. Again, unlike before when Igbos on their own where divided on the quest for Biafra, over 99% will fall in line and advocate for Biafra.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by donjahsy(m): 8:17pm On Apr 27, 2018
justtoodark:

i tried and nearly got an headache....i had to give up.......
i dont like headaches...
That's is why your nick is laziness
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
donjahsy:
That's is why your nick is laziness

abegi,go hump a transformer....am not in the mood....
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by dudebuck: 8:23pm On Apr 27, 2018
justtoodark:

did that writeup make sense to you....??
a whole lot of sense
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:26pm On Apr 27, 2018
dudebuck:
a whole lot of sense

ofcourse things likes this make a whole lot of sense to easterners....

to us cownunu was ranting,to una na gospel....
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by dudebuck: 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2018
justtoodark:

Nnamdi Kanu is greater than your father.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
dudebuck:
Nnamdi Kanu is greater than your father.

uhhhhhh.....

kikikikikikikikiki....

now you brought me to laugh....thx...

Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by enemybulldozer(m): 8:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
horsepower101:
They cheered the killing of IPOB members and Nnamdi Kanu just few months ago but didn't realize that the warnings he was giving to them was going to happen soon.
Exactly! Omenka /omenkalives comes to mind.
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
dudebuck,come here...now am in the mood again....

that cow dung realy made sense to you....?
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by enemybulldozer(m): 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2018
justtoodark:

Where is your brain?? To us APC goons like you are nothing but subhumans that's why I always ask where una brain dey.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2018
enemybulldozer:
Exactly! Omenka /omenkalives comes to mind.

nobody cheered nobody....they were warned....
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
enemybulldozer:
Where is your brain?? To us APC goons like you are nothing but subhumans that's why I always ask where una brain dey.
subhumans
buhuhu...subhumans,no wonder you tophumans leave your eastern paradies and deceide to stay with subhumans in other regions...buhu....
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by uba1991: 8:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
any one with brain ll understand that the OP is confessing that IPOB is responsible for all that is going on in Benue because the Benue people refuses to follow them for their useless Biafra.
Very soon fowl nyash go open
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
uba1991:
any one with brain ll understand that the OP is confessing that IPOB is responsible for all that is going on in Benue because the Benue people refuses to follow them for their useless Biafra.
Very soon fowl nyash go open

but who will trust to say that openly....??....we know many igbos are in benue too....the same way they plenty in the delta....

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by enemybulldozer(m): 8:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
justtoodark:

subhumans
buhuhu...subhumans,no wonder you tophumans leave your eastern paradies and deceide to stay with subhumans in other regions...buhu....
Even white tourists visits the jungle just to see different kinds of animals and to equally study them. So that is what my tribe does in other regions.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by enemybulldozer(m): 8:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
justtoodark:

nobody cheered nobody....they were warned....
The were warned by who?
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:50pm On Apr 27, 2018
enemybulldozer:
Even white tourists visits the jungle just to see different kinds of animals and to equally study them. So that is what my tribe does in other regions.

well,hitler called people subhumans too...sooo,you are nothing new....

look,we are more worried that people take una too serious and take it out on una....
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:51pm On Apr 27, 2018
enemybulldozer:
The were warned by who?

by practicaly everybody....
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by Lightening: 8:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
zik4ever:
Bro, I don't think the Benue people mentioned in the write up, actually spoke for each and every child of Benue State when they condemned IPOB. Neither do I think every Benue person including those killed in these attacks, fought for or supported killing of Igbos during the civil war. Many people including some Nairaland commentators were not even born during the war. As of today, we have Igbos who have married people from Benue and other States and vice versa. While I agree with you that we can't just wish away the past, it is good that more people and groups are realizing that we are collective victims of people carrying out war crimes, genocide and ethnic cleansing. Beyond internet rhetoric, the new-found understanding should foster collective angst, oneness amongst the oppressed groups, mobilization to register and/or collect our PVCs and do the needful at the polls. It is unfortunate that many people including some online commentators do not have PVC and some who have, have no intention of voting! Do we pay the price to queue up under the sun and the rain, trek or walk miles to vote? Instead, we are divided and divisive. God help Nigeria for vain is the help of man (especially one called a politician)!!

We are getting our PVCs and we are voting Buhari en mass this time so he can complete the nemesis on the Benue and Taraba people. Good morning middle belt! Chi efooooo

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
Lightening:

We are getting our PVCs and we are voting Buhari en mass this time so he can complete the nemesis on the Benue and Taraba people. Good morning middle belt! Chi efooooo

voting him out how...??....from abroad....??

last i checked you cant vote from abroad....
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by enemybulldozer(m): 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
justtoodark:

by practicaly everybody....
Just the same way we are currently warning the people of benue grin grin
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
bring it....am in the mood.......
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
enemybulldozer:
Just the same way we are currently warning the people of benue grin grin

who are you warning in benue....?....igbos in benue....?
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by eagleeye2: 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
OnyeOGA:

cheesy are they not the same people that were Jubilating over the killings of our brothers through operation Python dance
The guy said his mind and stop trying to be smart.
St. Nwachineke i sight!
Cc immhotep lzaa
Nigerians like being sentimental and not objective in reasoning. The writer already mentioned names of middle belt leaders who were calling IPOB,, terrorists but have suddenly gone mute in this Benue killings.
Please face reality, find a way to defend yourselves as the writer advised. Trying to call the writer wicked or some of us that have spoken up, is just being childish.
We cannot wish away the Pogrom. We cannot wish away the recent killings of Operation python dance.

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2018
eagleeye2:

Nigerians like being sentimental and not objective in reasoning. The writer already mentioned names of middle belt leaders who were calling IPOB,, terrorists but have suddenly gone mute in this Benue killings.
Please face reality, find a way to defend yourselves as the writer advised. Trying to call the writer wicked or some of us that have spoken up, is just being childish.
We cannot wish away the Pogrom. We cannot wish away the recent killings of Operation python dance.

why the hell would any sane nigerian want to read that cow dung....??
Re: Middle Belt, Benue And The Civil War by justtoodark: 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2018
operation python dancer....

or was it operation mud swimmer....??

kiiikikikikikiki.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Needs To Take A Break After The Loss In Katsina, Bauchi & Kogi Today / South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi / Government And Macban Reach Agreement To Pay Fulani Herdsmen N100bn To Stop Kill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.